1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dabpress Rosin Plates

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by dabpress.com, Jan 19, 2018.

1. DogBoy

DogBoy Well-Known Member

...duh......whut…???...:freak:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    pxl_jockey likes this.
  2. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

3. DogBoy

DogBoy Well-Known Member

...thanks...it looks like the press is going to make it...

...they can't make up their mind aboot what day exactly but the 13th or the 14th will be fine...

...if it is packed like the pump was UPS probably couldn't fuk it up...

...they could still lose it, but the press made it through New Jersey, so we are probably GTG...

4. pxl_jockey

pxl_jockey Well-Known Member

LOL! ^ & YUP! I felt that same thing reading psycho’s breakdown, like wtf Mr Wizard?!
    ME: “Dang ol’psychonaut man, can you dumb that down a shade? Dumber... Little bit more...”

But it’s nice to know you’ve got all that experience and knowledge on your side. Plus all the members here who are always there to help and explain techs and the details for success. Added dabpress value imo.

5. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

We are lucky to have such a helpful customer base. Thanks to all who help educate and get others off to a successful start :clap::tup::leaf:

6. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

I was a bit overwhelmed to start with but following the lead of what others have already done (saves a lot of experimenting) I have had nothing but fun.:tup:
    Using the pre-press pucks means I am taking away one variable in my pressing practices (pressure variances) and can concentrate more on time and temperature.
    It is a joy to see the goo dribble bottle tech style straight into a silicon cup (just weigh the puck first so you can work out yield).
    The only hard part of the whole process is getting rosin off your collection tools, (I am working on a solution for that.
    Also noticed one of the NewVape presses did not have any mounting holes (middle pic). I would add that I just placed a piece of non-slip rubber under the feet of my pump and it has not moved.

7. DogBoy

DogBoy Well-Known Member

...look what I found...is this a free post...???...

Click to play YouTube Video

Shrike likes this.
  8. DabOnTheTyne

DabOnTheTyne Member

Thank you @FlyingLow and @psychonaut for your comments and help regarding the pump. So my pump was from eBay uk and was the pump recommended. I thought it was me doing something wrong but after a call to the seller he talked me through the checks that psychonaut had already plus removing the release handle completely and reseating the ball bearing. Unfortunately none of this worked so the seller has kindly resent another pump which arrived this morning.

Loving the press and it's now holding great pressure, thanks again.

9. invertedisdead

invertedisdead High Standards

Any oil that climbs up your collection tools can be wiped on the parchment, then with a cold pack under the paper you should be able to re-collect the rosin pretty much all in one clump. Anything further stuck to the dabber is best dabbed! The short dish height of the SiC Halo makes it harder to clean off a dab tool than a deep quartz banger though.

Welcome to the team friend! :wave:

This is one of the best places to hang out on the whole forum! :rockon:

10. Cillianeire

Cillianeire Active Member

My 6t press arrived today, got it set up, plugged in and ready to go, a bit hastily as I'm excited as hell. I pressed a few individual nugs and was getting what looked like nice yields on my first three. Then came the collection, all three just smeared all over the parchment, I even left them in the freezer for a few minutes. After checking going over all the equipment I noticed the PID had a little celsius symbol beside the readouts and I expected fahrenheit :bang: letting the plates cool off now and try again in an hour to hopefully better reults.

@psychonaut is it because I ordered from the europe warehouse it came with a celsius on the PID.

BabyFacedFinster and psychonaut like this.
  11. LesPlenty

This is a bit more than just oil climbing the collection tool, it fits in my Halo too, just;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Yes, all our 220V units are in Celsius. There is a way to change it to Fahrenheit, if you want I can PM you instructions. We usually don't recommend for rosineers to change it unless they feel necessary.

13. Cillianeire

No it's ok, I'm more comfortable with °C, I'm was expecting it to be automatically set in °F and set my temps at 170 which was way too hot. Going to try another press at the correct temps very soon.

14. FullMelt

FullMelt Well-Known Member

lets say i'm squishing a 3 gram puck @1000 psi.if i double up on pucks 2x 3 grams ..do i need to double up on the psi pressure too?

psychonaut likes this.
  15. invertedisdead

First of all why squish two 3 gram pucks?

Is the 6g puck too tall for your plates?

LesPlenty and psychonaut like this.
  16. FullMelt

FullMelt Well-Known Member

sometimes it's a tight fit.

17. invertedisdead

I occasionally run into that issue too with fluffy sativa types. Have you tried their larger diameter cylindrical pre-press? It's the only one I don't have yet, but it should be perfect for less dense buds.

18. Cillianeire

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This is my first attempt at the correct temp on the PID. 2.3 grams of mediocre amnesia haze, it turned out quite creamy. I was surprised as this weed was pretty dry, I'm still waiting on some humidity packs to come in and then I'll get around to pressing some top shelf weed.

19. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Jackpot! Nice looking gold budder there!

Yes you will need double the total pressure for 2 identical pucks to maintain the same PSI on the bag as you would for a single puck.

So for 1x 30mm puck using our pm30r or pm3015r cylinder mold, that'll be around 1.75" dia. or 2.4 sq/in each, so for 4.8 sq in total. If you have a 10000 PSI pressure gauge with our hr10t35v unit, that will be around 2133 PSI on the gauge (4800 total pounds of force on 4.8 sq/in = 1000 PSI at the bags) 4800 total pounds of force / 2.25 (cyl eff area) = 2133 PSI on the gauge.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  20. Cillianeire

[​IMG]

This is the results from my second press today using the same amnesia haze. I pressed this at 102°C (215°F) compared to the 82°C (180°F) of my earlier post, which gave a much more budder consistency. The flavour from this amnesia is amazing even though not being that great quality, I'm not a fan of vaping this amnesia as flower.

I'm so excited to try out some different strains, I'm going to go shopping in amsterdam tomorrow for some choice buds.

21. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

That's some nice looking rosin. The pic above makes it look like pull and snap. Great color.

22. Cillianeire

It's still a little tacky, I'm super happy with how it came out, I want to spend all day pressing but I'll end up with way to much rosin then. What a problem to have :rockon:

23. psychonaut

psychonaut Company Rep

Happy Friday FC!

CA (CANADA) warehouse has been restocked, we hope to replenish the stock before it sells out next time.

Here are the products that are restocked -

DP-BJ3T33
    DP-BJ6T35
    DP-RP35S
    DP-RP37
    DP-HR10T35V

pxl_jockey likes this.
  24. DogBoy

DogBoy Well-Known Member

...I suppose selling out is better than sitting on stock, eh...???...

...my press has arrived in good condition, although my wires were tangled...

...I was surprised and pleased to find a silicone matt in the package...I really do not need to buy anything but some parchment paper...maybe not even that...???...

...I am liking this drip tech concept...

pxl_jockey, psychonaut and LesPlenty like this.
  25. LesPlenty

Get some parchment paper, keeps everything nice and clean and easy to collect.:myday:

pxl_jockey, JCat and psychonaut like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors