Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I placed my order today, now watching for the postman in anticipation begins. :nod:

I have a question regarding parchment paper, I've seen the american name brands come by in the thread but does anyone have a reccomendations for brands in europe to buy. I've seen raw parchemt paper in the head shops here in the Netherlands but they are really expensive to be a regular purchase.

Thanks for your order! :clap: I am certain you will have plenty of honey in the Nederlands.

Regarding parchment paper, personally I am a fan of Kirkland (Costco brand) for the affordability and durability, and Reynolds for easy sourcing. Both have served me very well and I don't personally see a need for using Raw parchment paper. I am sure others may disagree with me, but frankly, I can't tell a difference myself.

Thinner parchment paper (cheaper stuff) can be doubled or triple layered if needed.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I use Reynolds, and started pressing with 2 sheets. Until you gain a little experience and learn the limits of your bags and paper, in the beginning you will likely have a few occasions where you bleed through, blow out a bag, or tear your paper.

Once I found the limits, I backed down to a single sheet and have no issues of bleeding through.

Phycho~ what is the best avenue for me to order my bags through you?
Do you benefit if I buy direct versus amazon?

I intend to pick up a 40 count of 160 bags and also try some 120 bags.

As I dive through each page of the web store, I could not help but notice no Swag section.
Might I suggest a few creative t-shirts/stickers/slick sheets?

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Phycho~ what is the best avenue for me to order my bags through you?
Do you benefit if I buy direct versus amazon?

I intend to pick up a 40 count of 160 bags and also try some 120 bags.

As I dive through each page of the web store, I could not help but notice no Swag section.
Might I suggest a few creative t-shirts/stickers/slick sheets?

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll see if Roger can get some stickers and shirts and such.

Regarding just ordering filters, I would recommend our Amazon store to purchase single items to save on shipping costs, plus you will also get your products quicker since the package is shipped during US times instead of waiting the next day for China factory workers to return to work and fulfill dabpress.com orders.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just did my 3rd 10g run 3 mins at 221f for a return of 19.6%, can't quite hit the 20%, sneaking up on it though.:tup:
This bud was just over 12 months old and is the best tasting rosin I have made yet,
img_20190809_170231-jpg.11824

img_20190810_130219-jpg.11848

DabOnTheTyne

my pump wont maintain any pressure, if I start pumping on it it moves the ram up to the plate but as soon as any load happens the needle drops straight away. I can hear hissing comming from the pump I think the screw with plastic cap on but dont want to start randomly screwing stuff. is my pump a dud?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've been pressing 170 and getting EXPLOSIVE flavor.
Ice Cream was not a flower I particularly appreciated with regards to flavor, but really came out the other end well and is such a pleasant tasting dab.

@DabOnTheTyne - Don't be shy with making adjustments/maintenance. These types of thing are common in machinery. I don't know what pump you are using, but you should have two main screws. One for bleeding and adding fluids, the other for releasing pressure.

It sounds as if you might simply need to close the valves completely and try again. It you continue to drop pressure when everything is air-tight, then you have a leak in the system somewhere and further exploring will be necessary.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
my pump wont maintain any pressure, if I start pumping on it it moves the ram up to the plate but as soon as any load happens the needle drops straight away. I can hear hissing comming from the pump I think the screw with plastic cap on but dont want to start randomly screwing stuff. is my pump a dud?

Could be a couple things, as @FlyingLow mentioned I would make sure the release valve on the front of the pump is fully closed, and the bleed valve on the rear of the pump is closed. If either of those are open at all the pressure won't build.

It's possible you may need to bleed the pump (trapped air, it can happen in transit, or even with regular use).

1. Disconnect the hydraulic hose from the heat press machine and lay the end of the hose pointing down over the end of a table.
2. Insure the release valve the front of the pump is closed.
3. Open the air bleed valve on the rear of the pump 1/2 turn.
4. Depress the handle 10 times swiftly to encourage any trapped air to move to the back of the pump and purge out the bleed valve.
5. Close the bleed valve
6. Test to see if pressure builds in the pump while it is disconnected.
7. You may need to repeat these steps more than once.

If pressure builds and maintains while it's disconnected, release the pressure on the pump then reconnect to the heat press machine and you should be good to begin working again.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@psychonaut ^ great CS on display once again. :tup:

In regards to swag, it’ll be very nice indeed to offer the apparel for those living in civilised societies with no fear of repercussions. I certainly would if I could, but for the less fortunate of us, being a dabpress billboard would be stupidity incarnate. But stickers? Now that’s altogether different! Who doesn’t like stickers?! Surely all good-hearted rosineers aged 21-99 years would still love to find a sticker surprise inside the box! Instant gratification, so much better than having to collect box tops and send them in. And I’ll bet that every good canna-boy & girl will have at least one appropriate place to slap it up and show some proper dabpress love & support.

@LesPlenty fucken crushing it, my man. Looks like you’re a bloody natural at the squishing game!

DogBoy

know fear
@psychonaut But stickers? Now that’s altogether different! Who doesn’t like stickers?! Surely all good-hearted rosineers aged 21-99 years would still love to find a sticker surprise inside the box! Instant gratification, so much better than having to collect box tops and send them in. And I’ll bet that every good canna-boy & girl will have at least one appropriate place to slap it up and show some proper dabpress love & support.

...well...when you put it like that...

FullMelt

i get some pressure loss as well,but i thought it was normal.to maintain constant pressure i have to apply a little pressure on the pump at all times.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
i get some pressure loss as well,but i thought it was normal.to maintain constant pressure i have to apply a little pressure on the pump at all times.

Depending on when pressure is being lost, it may be normal. During the pressing time, you will usually see the pressure decrease as the oil flows out from the puck until you return it back to your desired pressure, at a certain point it should no longer require additional pressure (i.e. the puck is no longer expelling oil at a rate that the pressure is affected)

If you disconnect your pump from the cylinder, and put a pressure load on the line with 2 or 3 pumps, it should maintain it's pressure.

DogBoy

know fear
...one gripe I have already is I do not see any way to fasten the pump to anything as suggested in the manual...

...other pumps have holes in their frames/feet to accommodate fasteners but the one I received does not...

...this Newvape press had my eye but at the price I could not choose it over the Dabpress...

...the only real advantage I can see is the SS face plates...

...the wooden handle with "your name here" is a nice touch, though...

...$1610, no guage, but 20 tons...I am still second guessing meself here...LoL…

tegridy_3x5-1.jpg

tegridy-20_specs_1.jpg

...the closest thing to the 3X5 Dapress I bought was this 4x7 press @ $2612...

…$2013 will buy a lot of stuff to press...

...one thing that confuses me is why they make a 20 ton press and supply a 10 ton press...

...the only features I covet at this point are the SS face plates and the holes in the pump's feet...

bva_20-501-2.jpg

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
...one gripe I have already is I do not see any way to fasten the pump to anything as suggested in the manual...

...other pumps have holes in their frames/feet to accommodate fasteners but the one I received does not...
tegridy_3x5-1.jpg

tegridy-20_specs_1.jpg

You could use a clamp on the edge of the table and fasten it in place that way, I've done it with my Irwin Quick Grip, works great. The size of our pump makes it to where the back end doesn't lift up during operation so much as say the BVA P-350 which is a really small pump. Those commercial grade hydraulics do have the holes in place but the consumer grade usually doesn't.

All that being said, I can certainly see if Roger can have them put some holes in the rear base to allow mounting with a lag bolt or something of that sort, like we see in BVA's pumps.

DogBoy

know fear
...you respond faster than I can edit...LoL...

...thank you for your frank explanation...

...just for the sake of comparison I am going to price some "commercial grade" pumps...

...here's one @ Amazon @ $361 w/o a gauge or anything...

414-N0CumUL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/BVA-Hydrauli...va+hydraulics&qid=1565639007&s=gateway&sr=8-6

...I still do not understand the point of having a 20 ton press operated by a 10 ton pump...

...how many tons of pressure do we actually use...???...

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
...you respond faster than I can edit...LoL...

...thank you for your frank explanation...

...just for the sake of comparison I am going to price some "commercial grade" pumps...

...here's one @ Amazon @ $361 w/o a gauge or anything...

414-N0CumUL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/BVA-Hydrauli...va+hydraulics&qid=1565639007&s=gateway&sr=8-6

...I still do not understand the point of having a 20 ton press operated by a 10 ton pump...

...how many tons of pressure do we actually use...???...

A 10 ton pump is not entirely a 10-ton pump, the PSI generated inside the hydraulic line in turn is multiplied by the cylinder effective area to deliver the force. Thus the same pump, so long as it has an oil capacity that can meet the requirements of the attached cylinder, and operates at the same maximum operating PSI (usually 10000), it can power it, be it 5, 10, 15 or 20 ton cylinders. This is seen more in the commercial grade market whereas in the consumer grade market they name the pumps based on ton capacity, probably to eliminate confusion :huh: and because there are very little automotive body work that needs more force than 10 tons.

Most of us are right around half a ton (1000 lbs) per sq/in of puck size, maybe upwards of 1500 lbs at the most, for flower, half that for hash. Most of our customers are pressing 2x3" pucks, 2.5" or 1.75" round pucks based on our pre-press molds, so around 4 tons or less I would guess, unless pressing multiple pucks :D

DogBoy

know fear
A 10 ton pump is not entirely a 10-ton pump, the PSI generated inside the hydraulic line in turn is multiplied by the cylinder effective area to deliver the force. Thus the same pump, so long as it has an oil capacity that can meet the requirements of the attached cylinder, and operates at the same maximum operating PSI (usually 10000), it can power it, be it 5, 10, 15 or 20 ton cylinders. This is seen more in the commercial grade market whereas in the consumer grade market they name the pumps based on ton capacity, probably to eliminate confusion :huh: and because there are very little automotive body work that needs more force than 10 tons.

Most of us are right around half a ton (1000 lbs) per sq/in of puck size, maybe upwards of 1500 lbs at the most, for flower, half that for hash. Most of our customers are pressing 2x3" pucks, 2.5" or 1.75" round pucks based on our pre-press molds, so around 4 tons or less I would guess, unless pressing multiple pucks :D

...duh......whut…???...:freak:

Last edited:

DogBoy

know fear
...thanks...it looks like the press is going to make it...

...they can't make up their mind aboot what day exactly but the 13th or the 14th will be fine...

...if it is packed like the pump was UPS probably couldn't fuk it up...

...they could still lose it, but the press made it through New Jersey, so we are probably GTG...

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
...duh......whut…???...:freak:
LOL! ^ & YUP! I felt that same thing reading psycho’s breakdown, like wtf Mr Wizard?!
ME: “Dang ol’psychonaut man, can you dumb that down a shade? Dumber... Little bit more...”

But it’s nice to know you’ve got all that experience and knowledge on your side. Plus all the members here who are always there to help and explain techs and the details for success. Added dabpress value imo.

Top Bottom