Da Buddha

freeman dyson

disco said:
freeman dyson said:
cool. my friend is letting me use his grinder for now. im not sure how good it is. im assuming the budda one is better. I orderet this one off ebay and guy never sent i.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170306439354&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

my buddha should be coming today btw
That looks like one of the crappy new versions of the Chromium Crusher. IMO, the original design is way more effective. A lot more holes, a lot more teeth, a lot more performance.
someone on this forum gave me the link to that when I asked for a good grinder.

:(

so does the one that comes with da buddha better?

freeman dyson,

max

Out to lunch
Haven't heard any complaints about the grinders supplied by 7th Floor, and I know that vtac has one.

I've bought two Chromium Crushers from that eBay seller (grinderprince), but they seem to be providing poor service lately. If you've paid for a grinder and haven't received it in a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks), file a claim with eBay or PayPal (if you paid that way-they're owned by eBay). If they took your money and didn't send you a grinder, they will have to issue a refund or lose their eBay selling status. Either way, you'll get your money back via eBay, although it may take a while.

max,

freeman dyson

i have already filed a complaing on grinder prince. that is his fifth one this month. my buddha just got here and is giving major hits!

freeman dyson,

BongTumor

Just picked up my buddha from downtown la.

Apprantly the same person that owns the shop sells on this website, he also goes by the same name on ebay.

http://www.smoketokes.com/

It was a wholesale shop, had a bunch of vaporizers, and cheap chinese glass.

Since i found him on craigslist he sold it to me for 132 (with taxes) good price, but he had said on the phone that for 100 i could pick up either black or silver. Still got a good deal, and didnt have to deal with shipping. Hopefully everything works fine.:D Havent tested it out yet.

BongTumor,

djslife

Hey guys,

My DBV finally came in tonight and this thing is awesome! Now I just wish I had a big variety of med's to test the different flavors. Took a kief hit and was about to walk into the kitchen and ended up having to sit down, lol.

-djslife

djslife,

Beezleb

Welcome to Da Buddha Club!

As the build up of your wand begins, it is basically condensed THC, if you scrape it out, it can be used just like kief. This is true for about any wand vaporizer. Since you have kief I will assume you have a grinder with a kief catcher. If so when wand hash builds up you can use one while the other builds up. I scrape after about an oz or so is run though and makes a nice ball of goodness. I prefer to use a little bit at a time while others like to enjoy it all once. Its all good!

Beezleb,

disco

Boo yeah, got the DBV yesterday in the mail (USPS ftw... delivery on Saturday is always a plus), and I love it.

I had a lot of friends over to try it, and they were blown away. Only 3 bowls was enough to get a crowd of eight people pretty damn blitzed for a good 2-3 hours, and with a non-existant "zombie" come-down, it was all laughs and fun for the whole time.

That being said, I believe this vaporizer is best for solo operations, which is why I picked it up in the first place. I already swapped out the screen so I could drop the original in some alcohol to clean it, but damn... this is really doing the job nicely. I tested it out first and a small .1g worth was enough to get me lifted longer than my usual combustion lift-offs do. I also have some beautiful fruity nugs that smoke lovely.

I picked up a free 4-piece with the unit as well, and it's been nothing but good to me. After cleaning it out (although I think the paper trick is pointless, it doesn't hurt to do so) I ground up the bud and to my surprise a lot of kief collected right away. Maybe it's just the bud, but I haven't seen rapid kief collection happen that fast in comparison to a buddy's SharpStone grinder (I'd put it up there with Space Cases, although not as luxurious.)

Anyway, just thought I'd drop in and let everyone know that my first impressions with the unit are great. It's ease of use is awesome, the time it takes to heat up is awesome, and the amount of vapor you get with it is awesome. I found myself getting around 20 pulls, each hit having a great distinct flavor and distinct vapor coming out of my mouth.

The twist and lock feature truly is my favorite part of the vaporizer, I've heard a lot of bad things about people pulling out the whip in the unit, especially within groups... but this feature totally removes that possibility.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather just leave it at "Fuck Combustion." :)

disco,

Beezleb

If you dont clean your wand consistently THC will condense on your wand and tube. If you scrape it out it can be used the same as kief.

If you prefer to clean your wand more frequently I recommend looking into/using ISO and reuse the ISO many many times and eventually let the ISO evap. People have claimed that they do that and after some time of many cleanings the ISO becomes saturated and the evap the iso off and reclaim the oily residue.

You could also probably use ever clear or high % alcohol instead of ISO as well.

Beezleb,

djslife

disco said:
Boo yeah, got the DBV yesterday in the mail (USPS ftw... delivery on Saturday is always a plus), and I love it.

I had a lot of friends over to try it, and they were blown away. Only 3 bowls was enough to get a crowd of eight people pretty damn blitzed for a good 2-3 hours, and with a non-existant "zombie" come-down, it was all laughs and fun for the whole time.

That being said, I believe this vaporizer is best for solo operations, which is why I picked it up in the first place. I already swapped out the screen so I could drop the original in some alcohol to clean it, but damn... this is really doing the job nicely. I tested it out first and a small .1g worth was enough to get me lifted longer than my usual combustion lift-offs do. I also have some beautiful fruity nugs that smoke lovely.

I picked up a free 4-piece with the unit as well, and it's been nothing but good to me. After cleaning it out (although I think the paper trick is pointless, it doesn't hurt to do so) I ground up the bud and to my surprise a lot of kief collected right away. Maybe it's just the bud, but I haven't seen rapid kief collection happen that fast in comparison to a buddy's SharpStone grinder (I'd put it up there with Space Cases, although not as luxurious.)

Anyway, just thought I'd drop in and let everyone know that my first impressions with the unit are great. It's ease of use is awesome, the time it takes to heat up is awesome, and the amount of vapor you get with it is awesome. I found myself getting around 20 pulls, each hit having a great distinct flavor and distinct vapor coming out of my mouth.

The twist and lock feature truly is my favorite part of the vaporizer, I've heard a lot of bad things about people pulling out the whip in the unit, especially within groups... but this feature totally removes that possibility.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather just leave it at "Fuck Combustion." :)
Dude, how are you getting so many pulls per bowl? I packed my bowl and get about two decent vape hits off it and then I get nothing. Am I doing something wrong? My meds are good quality, right now i've got some crystally white rhino, gets me super medicated through combustion so I don't think the meds have anything to do with it.

Here's what I do:
1. Grind up my meds (sharpstone)
2. Pack an 1/8 of the bowl (says it in the directions).
3. Set the dial to 1:00
4. Take a slow steady hit.
5. Hold for about 5-10 seconds
6. Blow out half of my hit, take a breath, blow out half, take a breath, blow out the rest.

Help me out everyone,

-djslife

djslife,

Beezleb

dj, you need to stir and keep on going.

After your step six,
7. Stir, the given stir stick work great but I hear the ends are bigger than before.
8. Draw as normal
9. hold for desired length
10. Draw as normal
11. Hold for desired length
Rinse and repeat until you get no more vapor after stirring.

Eventually you will get nothing or near nothing after stirring. Then you can take the fat end of your stir stick and crush the contents in the wand and stir again. You will get probably one big hitter, bigger than you may expect and then maybe one small one but then it is pretty much done. Skip the crush step if you want to save some strength in the abv.

Also, you turn the wand in the vape to expose more herb to vaping. Generally if I do this its the second or third draw before stirring.

Keep in mind, using a grinder will give you a bit more thicker draw but if you cut the weed up instead of using grinder you will likely get more draws but slightly less thick. I recommend a grinder with a kief catcher and then you can use your wand hash and kief off and on, wand hash can be used the same a kief if scraped out. Wand hash is basically condensed THC. Highly prized stuff.

Soon enough you will know by experience when to stir and whatnot. Until then keep an eye on your ABV, it should be a golden brownish color. It will vary on many factors, what temp you vaped at, how far you vaped it, the type and quality of the material used just to figure a things but it should not be black and without green specks. Da Buddha vapes evenly due to good air flow through the wand so as long as you stir, it should be fine.

Also understand, though slightly rare but I have seen a few times and is reported more than few times as well. Some genetics or types of weed simply do not vape as well as others. I have never had the opportunity to be in a position to know exactly what I am using so I cant say which specific strains or plants that tend to have lower performance with vaping.

Since you do not mention stirring, I think that is your issue.

Happy Vaping!

Beezleb,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
djslife said:
This is probably the problem. There is no magic spot on the dial for 7th floor vapes. Yes people have in the past used 1, 2 ,3 o'clock etc to describe where to put the dial but that is relative and positions vary from dbv to dbv. Keep turning it up until you get vapor then you'll know where the sweet spot is on yours. The avb color is the best indicator that you are doing things right. Aim for golden to brown and you are good to go.

Skunkypete,

max

Out to lunch
Skunkypete said:
djslife said:
This is probably the problem. There is no magic spot on the dial for 7th floor vapes. Yes people have in the past used 1, 2 ,3 o'clock etc to describe where to put the dial but that is relative and positions vary from dbv to dbv.
Exactly. You can only talk about dial settings if every unit's dial is installed so they all turn on at the same point. Even then, a slightly different range on the pot will change the temp setting at a particular point.

max,

freeman dyson

da budha is great but I have one small complaint. the instruction manual. It is like one small piece of paper with no pictures. iolite manual was much better.

freeman dyson,

max

Out to lunch
For most of the popular brand name vapes, the best instruction manuals are the vids on youtube. ;)

max,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
is there a FC channel on youtube? would be nice too have all FC approved videos gathered in one place... and by FC approved, i mean a video representing what most FC members agree upon. Or at least a Video Thread here on FC.

DevoTheStrange,

King Kong

I bought a 7th floor 5 piece SSV grinder and i use it every day, i also have a SSV pollen press witch i really dont use that much anymore..

King Kong,

vape4health

DevoTheStrange said:
is there a FC channel on youtube? would be nice too have all FC approved videos gathered in one place... and by FC approved, i mean a video representing what most FC members agree upon. Or at least a Video Thread here on FC.
That is a good idea .

Something else I wanted to add for dj , I put my dial at around 9:30-10ish I get a bunch of hits , like alot , not super thick but good hits , if I turn it up to around 12:00 , I get closer to what you are saying , just a few super hits . And like others have said all dials are not the same , I have 2 DBV and with the same dial setting I can look at the heater's and tell that one is hotter .

Thats one of the nice things of an adjustable temp vape , you can play around with it .

vape4health,

bake bake

So I just got my DBV, totally stoked! One thing I'm worried about with it is there is an irregular black mark on the heating element. The mark on my heating element glows a brighter red than the rest of the vape, basically it looks like it could be a crack. At first i thought it might be a chemical or something left over from production? Should i be worried about this thing or what? what do you guys think I should do about it? I got it from Vapeworld for reference.

bake bake,

Kogut

bake bake said:
So I just got my DBV, totally stoked! One thing I'm worried about with it is there is an irregular black mark on the heating element. The mark on my heating element glows a brighter red than the rest of the vape, basically it looks like it could be a crack. At first i thought it might be a chemical or something left over from production? Should i be worried about this thing or what? what do you guys think I should do about it? I got it from Vapeworld for reference.
Did you let it run for 30min on full-blast when you got it?

Kogut,

bake bake

Yea I ran it on full blast for about 45 min, and then I used it later that night, and I've been using it for about a week now

bake bake,

Kogut

Could you take a picture of it? I'm waiting for my DBV to arrive (Thursday!), but the only thing I can think of (since you said black mark) is that perhaps something got blown back from the want onto the heating element, and it melted on there. A picture would be great, although I'd suggest calling 7th Floor, too.

Kogut,

tuttle

bake bake said:
It is probably a mark left from inserting the heater into the bushing, (in my opinion) not much to worry about, I believe the bushing is stainless steel. If it is a crack, your fingernail will catch it if you run it across the mark.

tuttle,

msemcee

Hey guys got a quick question

I just got my DBV!

I'm wondering about the temperature knob; does it "click" and rotate clockwise to turn on and then turn counter-clockwise and then "click" off. I'm turning it all the way to the left and getting some resistance at the end of the turn. I don't wanna turn too far :(

I'm afraid it might be broken slightly?

msemcee,

bake bake

well I sent some pics into vapeworld, I'll go take the heater cover off and check it out thanks for the tip tuttle, happy vaping!

bake bake,
Top Bottom