Da Buddha

freeman dyson

does everyone leave their glass stem in when not using it? is it bad to leave it store it like this all the time? like could the heat affect the fit of the piece going in? should i leave the stem in hot when not using it?

freeman dyson,

Beezleb

I dont leave mine in but I can say I have not seen anyone saying they have had any issues by leaving it in. I would imagine the glass would get hot enough to start to the vaping process if left in too long.

Beezleb,

Kogut

That would be my only concern with it, Beezleb. Maybe you could find a non-HF person who would argue that the ground glass 'hold' may not last as long if you keep pulling it in and out, but I'd imagine you're fine either way. Like Beezleb said, the only bad thing from leaving it in would be if you somehow took some consistency away from what you're vaping.

Kogut,

BongTumor

this thing is fuckin awesome. Much clearer high, only problem was when i went to pick up my first buddha for 130 bucks it was a dud, but the guy exchanged it for a working one.

I got ripped, only problem was that my cousins, whos it was there first time smoking got WAY too high, and since i had never vaped before i didnt know how many hits for a newb to get a comfortable high.

So about how many decent hits for a newb with low tolerance? What would you guys reccomend, cause they greened out and that sort of put them off the herb.

BongTumor,

Kogut

why get it all done at once? take it slowly. Everyone has different tolerance levels, so just have people take maybe 2 or 3 nice easy hits at first? I don't know why you wouldn't just have them go slow and wait for it to hit... Not like you have to use the DBV for your hits then stop.

Kogut,

msemcee

I just got my DBV. :D

My knob, though, doesn't "click" off like it is supposed to. I clicked it on but when I tried to turn it off it wouldn't "click" off, i get resistance and it feels "springy" and I hear a slight creaking.

I haven't heard anything from 7th Floor yet but I know they sell custom knobs. Should I dissasemble and try to fix it?

How do you remove the knob?

msemcee,

King Kong

msemcee said:
I just got my DBV. :D

My knob, though, doesn't "click" off like it is supposed to. I clicked it on but when I tried to turn it off it wouldn't "click" off, i get resistance and it feels "springy" and I hear a slight creaking.

I haven't heard anything from 7th Floor yet but I know they sell custom knobs. Should I dissasemble and try to fix it?

How do you remove the knob?
the knobs just slide right off, just pull it off
call them, u will more then likely have to send it to them if it needs to be repaired

http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/contact.html

7th Floor LLC
c/o Da Buddha
1460 Woolsey Heights
Colorado Springs, CO 80915

Our phone: 1-719-570-9928
Toll Free: 1-866-835-6418
Our Fax: 1-719-219-9729

King Kong,

disco

im fallin' in love with da buddha. still getting 20 hits (pack it about 1/3 or 1/4 full) @ 12 o'clock and 10-20 second long draws depending on how much vapor i want.

faster pulls make the heater element go down, true statement. slow/medium draws are key imo.

disco,

stuartambient

alright i'm in this thread now as I just purchased and took my first few vapes off it . I think reading through these forums, even in the short time I have been here, helped immensely. I shopped it locally for 165 and since the new price hasn't gone into effect yet but will the immediacy I was feeling made me buy it. I really had my mind on a vaporcannon style box thing with the DB in the back of my mind as an alternative. I visited this thread earlier today prior to hitting the streets. Glad I did .

I think my first few hits were successful I definitely had vapor coming out of my mouth, a little less obvious looking at the whip . Following the instructions, I brought it down to between 1/4 and 1/2 , surprisingly that thing does heat up the weed in a very inconspicuous way. The weed did brown , not black. I have 2 little piles, already vaped and soon to be so I see the difference.

Looking forward to more vapor.

SA

stuartambient,

Kogut

My DBV just arrived! (A DAY EARLY) It's being left on for a bit now before I use it (and as I unpack everything). My only thing thus far is that the heating element isn't actually in the middle of the thing... and the heater is at a bit of an angle... but as long as it works, I'm fine. Updates later, if I can manage.

Kogut,

freeman dyson

Kogut said:
My DBV just arrived! (A DAY EARLY) It's being left on for a bit now before I use it (and as I unpack everything). My only thing thus far is that the heating element isn't actually in the middle of the thing... and the heater is at a bit of an angle... but as long as it works, I'm fine. Updates later, if I can manage.
You mean pointed to the left or right? mine ended up like that somehow and i just gently pushed it back to center

freeman dyson,

stuartambient

max said:
....... with the DB, but since that unit uses a glass wand and 2-3' of tubing, the PD will always lose considerably less vapor to condensation. That aspect is a built-in efficiency difference that there's no way to get around.
Can someone tell me , because I was thinking of eliminating the tubing and perhaps there is some kind of up piece that could fit into the wand ? Perhaps this is condensation isn't that much of a difference, not sure. I have the DBV 4 days now and still learning.

stuartambient,

Beezleb

In my view,

I love the condensation of THC and this is basically what wand hash is. This is highly prized and depending on how you reclaim it, it can be used the same as kief.

Its like the vaporizer giving more back to you. I believe the amount lost to condensation per bowl wouldnt be enough to give a sensation to a baby, but im hardly scientific but its so small an amount I fail to see how this accounts to any realistic benefit in preventing outright.

I know when I selected my vaporizer of choice, a box style vaporizer was at the top of the list due to the ability to create wand hash. To discount wand hash entirely as if it is lost from condensation is not wholly factual but dependent upon the user to reclaim it through scraping or soaking. For those who simply clean their wand and do not reclaim it then I would agree, it is wasted but I believe that would be a lower percentage of users in general.

I wholly disagree in saying the PD and the like are more efficient as I only believe that if you only use one tube and for those who use very small amounts than I agree those vapes truly are more efficient for their use but for those who would need to use two or more tubes than I disagree on it being so efficient as I see it is comparable to a box vape but to each their own.

Beezleb,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
I shove the vinyl tubing all the way up the wand. It works incredibly well and leaves the wand nearly clean as new afterward.

Pseudonymous,

King Kong

Pseudonymous said:
I shove the vinyl tubing all the way up the wand. It works incredibly well and leaves the wand nearly clean as new afterward.
why would you do that, its only needs to be in a inch or 2, you have no idea what your missing by not collecting, you will be kicking you self in the ass for not collecting wand hash after u try it the first time...

King Kong,

stuartambient

King Kong said:
Pseudonymous said:
why would you do that, its only needs to be in a inch or 2, you have no idea what your missing by not collecting, you will be kicking you self in the ass for not collecting wand hash after u try it the first time...
So does this wand hash get vaped as well ?

stuartambient,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
stuartambient said:
King Kong said:
Pseudonymous said:
So does this wand hash get vaped as well ?
You can vape it with one of those vapor globe /skillet things. I guess you could vape it on something with an adjustable temp prob best on a little herb as a base. However i combust mine on AVB, other people do it on top of a mound of ash. (or if its less liquidy/oily it could be combusted on it's own)

Happycamper,

stuartambient

Happycamper said:
You can vape it with one of those vapor globe (not the crappy conduction vapes)/skillet things. I guess you could vape it on something with an adjustable temp. However i combust mine on AVB, other people do it on top of a mound of ash. (or if its less liquidy/oily it could be combusted on it's own)
Cool, I can't wait.

stuartambient,

Beezleb

You can use just like kief, a little pinch or so on a bowl can really kick it up a notch hehe.

Beezleb,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
King Kong said:
Pseudonymous said:
I was describing that as a method for collection.

Pseudonymous,

stuartambient

Learning process is still new for me here . It seems the 1:00 setting is about right to get a mist on exhalation , even perhaps seeing a wisp in the wand . In the instructional manual it says dial up 1/4 to 1/2. At a 1/4 I taste barely nothing. At 1/2 (midnight :ninja:) I see lighter mist (harder to see) on exhalation. Exhalation is around 5-10 seconds. I'm wondering then if the 1:00 setting though is about right for releasing all the correct canibonoids. At 3:00 / 3/4's up drawing harder starts to burn the matter.

I've been drawing again from a tin where i'm dumping my ABV stuff and finding I can still get some good draws at 1-2:00.

stuartambient,

Beezleb

I recommend experimenting from the lower, middle and higher end temps to find the best match for you.

Beezleb,

msemcee

*Anyone know how to disassemble Da Buddha Vape? I got a problem with the Knob, it won't click off, and I want to try and fix it before I have to send it in (if need be).

msemcee,

smoking Joe

msemcee said:
*Anyone know how to disassemble Da Buddha Vape? I got a problem with the Knob, it won't click off, and I want to try and fix it before I have to send it in (if need be).
Does the switch still work? If you don't have the replacement parts why take it apart. If it works leave it alone. I have a silver surfer and turns off before it "clicks" . There is a post where some one took a silver surfer apart almost the same. The post may be under silver surfer heater replacemnet.

smoking Joe,

Beezleb

I believe it is not so difficult a thing to switch or replace a temp dial but I never did it and when I was researching the ssv, the dbv was not out at the time, people customized their ssv's alot more than I see now and it was rather common to see people talk of replacing their temp dial all the time. I would assume between the DBV and SSV thread someone would know how to replace the temp dial. I recommend asking the ssv thread as well as I believe their the same method.

Beezleb,
Top Bottom