Da Buddha

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
That's freakin awesome news Cluffy thanks for posting!!!!!!

So ... tell me what I wanna know!!! How much less does the mini whip hold and does it hit well with that standard Buddha cover?

Sucks, I'm on the backorder list for those mini whips. You all ran out and bought them all LoLs. :lol:

daddygreenjeans,

whosgottheherb

yeah, I need to add myself to that list cause my wand broke about a week ago so I've been on a tolerance break since then.

whosgottheherb,

cluffy

Vaker
Well daddygj, I would say the mini is just as long as DBV's original but the chamber is 3/4 as wide. I put in what used to be a small one-hitter in the bong and get 4 or 5 good rips from it. I think it hits better than the original.

I'm still gonna try and get my buddy to make a custom hc, if it works out I'll send you one...

Used to be the first thing I turned on when I got home from work was the PC, looks like Da Buddha will be first from now on...

say, shouldn't we be on Da Buddha thread?

oh, we are... :ko:

cluffy,
Reactions: vorrange

darth_vapor

I ordered a 18mm water adaptor and mini whip- going to put the water adaptor in the dbv hc and see if i can use it as a narrow vapor jet. I'm also going to try a 18mm bowl in there, see if I can use a small elbow joint and either bowl or water adaptor end to use the dbv like a vriptech with a bong and little bubbler.

darth_vapor,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Darth and Cluffy pleeeeeeease take some pics of your setups. Like Cliffy, take a pick of the mini whip up to the Buddha heater cover, for size comparison.

Darth, great idea on the water adapters, take pics when you get the parts.

I'll do the same. My mini whip should be here in a week or so LoLs.

Didn't hear anything from the 7th floor fellow today...

daddygreenjeans,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Cluffy tkx! Wow that just fits right in there! You like it? Saving on herb? Mine should be here any day now. Are you using the tubing that came with it or your buddha tubing?

Edit - Talked to the 7th floor dude today and he said their glass blowers are going to make me the shorter ssv heater cover to fit the buddha and won't charge me any more then the $20 I've already spent yea!!!! Only thing is ... of course they are BUSY so it might be a while... we shall see.

Also I should be receiving my mini whip today / tomorrow so I get to play with that. :) :) :)

daddygreenjeans,

Pappy

shmaporist
I just broke my wand, too -- cleaning it! My sympathies, WGTH. So I ordered my 2nd whip/wand combo from 7thFl in less than a month. An extra whip/wand is a must for guests and emergencies like I just suffered. I now own 3 whips, 4 mouthpieces, and 2 wands.

Which brings up the hidden costs of owning Da Buddah. What are the exact dimensions of the parts? How many millimeters are the wand, tube, and burner cover? Has anyone located affordable replacement parts? I've been Googling around and found a few.
http://www.tokinsvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=22
http://www.rebelbrewer.com/shoppingcart/products/Vinyl-Tubing-%2d-3{47}8"-I.D.-(by-the-foot).html

Add yours to this thread. :D

Pappy,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Don't quote me, but I don't think Tokin is in business anymore. I was going to order something from him but I emailed him first and never heard back from him. If you want genuine parts for the Buddha 7th floor is the best place to order from. Prices are about on par with anywhere else on the net and really there aren't that many places. Nothing even comes to mind really.

daddygreenjeans,

Pappy

shmaporist
One thing I've noticed is herb that once turned medium brown is now turning tobacco color -- fully vaped. Wonder if recycling my screen has anything to do with that? :/

Pappy,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
I've been iso soaking my screens about every week now it seems. They get so dirty underneath and it restricts the airflow I think, makes for a hotter draw.

Love how simple the screens are to pop in and out!

daddygreenjeans,

Pappy

shmaporist
daddygreenjeans said:
I've been iso soaking my screens about every week now it seems. They get so dirty underneath and it restricts the airflow I think, makes for a hotter draw.

Love how simple the screens are to pop in and out!
Me too. It just dawned on me that the more orangey ABV may be the result of sifting it through a strainer, which I did the last few days. I'll have to go back and see if that's the cause.

Pappy,

scrub

freeman dyson said:
so how do i go about making one of them scrub? have you made one yet?
I'm sorry that this is so late in answering your post #639, freeman. But I haven't been around lately.

To answer your question, yes. I did make one of these (Post #633). I was not able to use it but my wife did. Her review was that the vapor was smoother and easier to take in. She also said that the result was a higher high.

I will try it when I can but here is what I built:

* Take 1 one-pint mason jar and lid. It will sit on the DB top.
* Replace the lid insert with an insert that you have cut two tube diameter holes into. I used press board--peg board without peg holes.
* Fill the jar half-way with hot water.
* Put the wand into the DB.
* Put the tube from the DB into one lid hole and into the water.
* Put a second tube into the second lid hole and above the water.
* Optionally, place a mouth piece on the end of the second tube.
* Draw. Avoid blow-back. Keep tube far enough above the water so you don't get bubble splash.

The mason jar does not fit real securely on top of the DB. To correct that, I ...

* placed two bands of zip ties around the jar diameter. One at the top. One half-way down.
* then I zipped five 8 inch zip ties completely onto the top band.
* The five zip ties were then routed vertically down the jar and under the bottom band.
* This created a flexible cage to steady the jar on the DB.

My wife liked it. I am anxious to try it when I can.

Again, I apologize for the lateness of this.

scrub,

darth_vapor

Ehle 100ml has arrived- it is superb. I !@#$'ed up the length of the diffuser stem I picked up, thinking it was measured from ground glass socket to the bottom end and not end to end. Oh well. Really, really, really tough to beat this.

darth_vapor,

alphaferret

herbal tester
I am having problems reinstalling my heater cover. When ever I got the shime and sheath in the glass cover and tried to reinstall it in the main unit the sheath and shime would slide up into the cover. Until finally I thought I had it but actually I broke the cover. I have one on order but now want to know how to install it w/ out breaking it.

any help would be apreciated

alphaferret,

smoking Joe

alphaferret said:
I am having problems reinstalling my heater cover. When ever I got the shime and sheath in the glass cover and tried to reinstall it in the main unit the sheath and shime would slide up into the cover. Until finally I thought I had it but actually I broke the cover. I have one on order but now want to know how to install it w/ out breaking it.

any help would be apreciated
good question! What I do is put the main shim on the heater and the smaller one has a taper. Place the small taper end up and gently slide the cover on while holding the spacers together. It's tricky and always take a bit or trial and error. But never force it.........

Last edited by a moderator:
smoking Joe,

CouchLocked420

ill be ordering da buddha once college is finished but being from the uk i dont really want to order from the states. after looking on google i did find 1 uk dealer of buddhas but im not sure whether it is a reputable seller. the site is called vapor lot. anyone know of it? its next day delivery which would be ideal for me so i hope its a genuine buisness. thanks

CouchLocked420,

freeman dyson

scrub said:
freeman dyson said:
so how do i go about making one of them scrub? have you made one yet?
I'm sorry that this is so late in answering your post #639, freeman. But I haven't been around lately.

To answer your question, yes. I did make one of these (Post #633). I was not able to use it but my wife did. Her review was that the vapor was smoother and easier to take in. She also said that the result was a higher high.

I will try it when I can but here is what I built:

* Take 1 one-pint mason jar and lid. It will sit on the DB top.
* Replace the lid insert with an insert that you have cut two tube diameter holes into. I used press board--peg board without peg holes.
* Fill the jar half-way with hot water.
* Put the wand into the DB.
* Put the tube from the DB into one lid hole and into the water.
* Put a second tube into the second lid hole and above the water.
* Optionally, place a mouth piece on the end of the second tube.
* Draw. Avoid blow-back. Keep tube far enough above the water so you don't get bubble splash.

The mason jar does not fit real securely on top of the DB. To correct that, I ...

* placed two bands of zip ties around the jar diameter. One at the top. One half-way down.
* then I zipped five 8 inch zip ties completely onto the top band.
* The five zip ties were then routed vertically down the jar and under the bottom band.
* This created a flexible cage to steady the jar on the DB.

My wife liked it. I am anxious to try it when I can.

Again, I apologize for the lateness of this.
thanks. I may try this.

freeman dyson,

freeman dyson

cluffy said:
got the mini whip from http://www.vaporbrothers.com/pages/products/whips.html

I forgot what else I had to say...
Hey Cluffy, I saw your video and have a few questions. So does the mini whip twist in and hold like the old whip? Was it worth it? I mean, why do I need 5 whips? They also advertise it for one hitters. I dont want one hitters but I do want something smaller than the normal bowl. How much less herb does it take? What is the most efficient way on the normal buddha? I seem to have to fill mine around half full to get good rips. this method goes through a lot of herb.

freeman dyson,
Top Bottom