Da Buddha

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Isis, I love stories with happy endings :D

Far as the ssv heater cover goes, yea I dont see why they wouldn't help you out also. I told Richard that if they made them as a standard option for the buddha, they would sell.

daddygreenjeans,

whosgottheherb

I think they may lose SSV sales then though which is the money maker.

btw, I have been using a mini whip of my own and have to say it works amazing once you get the temp down right. Now my wand is just an old school female downstem(rubber grommet) with a screen shaped and shoved in the stem. I'm trying to get pics up...

I keep mine around 1:30-2 and can put so little in the screenand it gives like two good rips and maybe 2 or 3 decent rips and its done.

http://www.gorillaglass.com/images/GBUB-4.JPG

I use the female piece on this bong for my wand and it works alright. My only complaint is it gets hot quick, but it also cools quick because its so thin.

whosgottheherb,

nobodys_girl

Updates:

Lovin da Buddha!
Noticeable conservation!
Never want to smoke again :D Well, except very occasionally, depending on circumstances. I'd like to get a more portable vape too so I can avoid that as much as possible. My lungs thank me for sure. The other day I was powering up a steep hill and couldn't believe I wasn't out of breath! I remember walking that hill several months ago and I had to rest a bunch of times. I certainly haven't been exercising any more, so the only explanation I can give is the difference made by quitting smoking. As a first vaporizer I give DBV top marks! I give it top marks as a lifelong vaporizer. It suits my needs perfectly.

nobodys_girl,

cluffy

Vaker
Amen nobody's girl!

I looked on the mflb thread but no mention on the longevity of that unit. Not much on the website either, but I didn't do much digging. Anyone got an easy answer for me? I see they have the lifetime warranty, but what if it gives out at just the wrong moment??!!!!:uhoh:

Mebbe I'll get 2...:brow:

cluffy,

greenriver

daddygreenjeans said:
My Buddha cover sat about where yours is, worked fine. It too had the gap at the bottom ... but it's so tight I don't think any air gets through there.
cluffy said:
greenriver, my heating element is less than 1/4" from the top of my HC and I've had no problems, but I never turn it all the way up for more than a minute, just till it turns red.
Thanks for the advice!

It's probably fine as it is, but it confused me seeing images like this one. The element just looks ridiculously high compared to mine.

Buddha-base.png

I'm not having any problems vaporizing, but I am able to turn Da Buddha up to 10 with a slightly over packed wand and it hasn't combusted once. This makes me think it might be running a bit cool.

I've also found that I'm able to brown the herb to a much darker level using my Launchbox. I guess that's because it gets so close to the element inside the trench.

I get the feeling my Da Buddha might be more effective and give me the ability to push the temperature a little higher if the element was more level with the opening of the heater cover.

greenriver,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Well to be honest if you can turn it all the way up and not combust then ya, your prolly runnin a bit cool. I'd contact 7th floor for sure. You might have to wait a month for a replacement, but it would be worth it and you'd be happier in the end. My :2c::2c::D

daddygreenjeans,

max

Out to lunch
greenriver said:
I get the feeling my Da Buddha might be more effective and give me the ability to push the temperature a little higher if the element was more level with the opening of the heater cover.
If you mean the top of the element should be lower for higher heat, that's incorrect. The more of the element that's exposed to the cover opening, the higher the heat potential should be. And the temp variance you'll get by raising or lowering the cover to expose more or less of the element isn't much, in comparison to the control you get with the temp dial and even your draw speed. If you don't think your unit is getting as hot as it should, contact the manufacturer. The answer's not in the positioning of the element.

max,

greenriver

Sorry, I meant that the heater cover could perhaps be lowered a little to expose more of the element to the cover opening. There's not a lot of space for it to move down though, and it sounds like it's at around the correct height already. I haven't attempted to reposition the element itself and don't plant to.

I'll probably just stick with the vape I've got. It still works well, plus I'm in Australia so it'd be a bit of a wait for a replacement. The fact that it's unable to combust isn't something I'm too worried about either.

greenriver,

595jeremy

Hi guys I'm gonna order my vaporizer today. I've decided to go with da buddha for many reasons :
1. I like it's style, it's plain, neutral.
2. Seems to be the best quality/price out there (volcano is too expensive). For a high quality vap, 189$ seems okay.
3. Looks easy to use, 500 degrees F max, so half is 250 etc...
4. I love the ice chamber, and the fact that I can ask them any type of design I want, looking forward to getting something incredible ! :-D

Now just a few questions if you guys know the answers :
I e-mailed 7th floor and they told me postage to europe would cost me 20$, can people who have ordered one confirm ?
And last thing, up to which extent can they modify the ice chambers ? Can you get images, or only colors, and are there shapes ?

Thanks guys, and as this is my first post here, I'm happy to join you on the FC forums !

595jeremy,

scooter8

Dont know if anyone has said this but I think 7th floor should add a holder for the pick. I was always losing it so I drilled a hole in the base of Da Buddha so I can put the pick through. The pick stands up and I dont ever lose it anymore

scooter8,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
I agree I already lost mine....it would be sweet if there was a spot for the poker and the wand, there is a little metal caddy in this thread somewhere that is really sweet.

EonBlue,

cluffy

Vaker
I made the 'caddy', I call it a rack but... Anyway, I drilled a hole in it for the pick, but it was such a pain to put it in the hole every time that I didn't and ended up losing it on the Memorial Day weekend adventures. So I've been using blowgun darts, I have like 60 of them from the last time I bought 100 but they're going fast, they just disappear into the clutter of my desk or fall on the floor and go under the desk. I think a good old fashioned pin cushion would be the way to go. (wow, just thought of that solution after only 3 good vape rips)

So why not make your own wand rack? If you don't have access to a Bridgeport there's always wood or maybe a coat hanger or some copper wire, be creative!

cluffy,

cluffy

Vaker
NEWSFLASH!

I hot glued a neodynium magnet to Da Buddha and it holds the pick perfectly!

cluffy,

JustinOG

Zen Vapist
Hello guys, I just ordered my black DBV yesterday after reading through all 32 pages of this thread and a lot of pages in the other vape threads. I'm by no means new to vaporizing thanks to my friend who has a vaporbros and just today got his MFLB, which I tried tonight and was simply amazed might I add. After extensive convos with him and comparing the dbv to his vaporbros I decided the dbv would be the best choice for me.

Not to mention I got it for a steal off eBay, $159.99 shipped, and includes the dbv(black), heater cover, poker, padded hemp bag(=DD), as well as 2, yes 2 whip KITS. Needless to say I'm ecstatic and can not wait for my Buddha to get here!

One last thing, I've never seen a pic of a Buddha with a custom 7th floor glass knob, anyone want to post some? I'm curious to see how beautiful it looks, as I'm probably going to have to get my hands on one =]

JustinOG,

cluffy

Vaker
Welcome Justin, you will not be disappointed. I'm going to see a glassblower this weekend about a custom ssv type HC for my dbv. 7th floor didn't answer my email and I don't want to call till last resort. I think the guy can do it and I'd rather have a friend's work in it. <wow, how high am I?> how come you're not in the chat?

cluffy,

neosimian

If anyone has a stuck wand, simply grab the wand with a high-friction kitchen mat and yank it out.

neosimian,

freeman dyson

Alright guys, I need help. My Buddha works great but it is killing me. I think it is the dry/warm air. I have allergies am getting really bad post nasal drip and chest congestion congestion. I NEED some kind of water and cooler system. I dont want it to be too complex or expensive. I know they sell those water filtration things for a ridiculous price. What do you suggest I do? buy a small bong like this to hook it up to? I saw this mentioned in another thread, it is quite expensive and out of stock. http://www.grasscity.com/double-bubbler-bong-2-0-with-shower-head-diffuser.html or maybe this. http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin..._Bong_Hexagon_Foot__250ml.cfm?iProductID=5909

anyone got any ideas? thanks

freeman dyson,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
Soooo I medicate in the garage on the work bench because my wife has real bad asthma. I always hold my buddah sideways a little bit to get better hits. Then I thought, just hang the buddah on the peg board sideways. Took me less then 5 minutes and it works GREAT.

I am wondering about the heat and is it safe ? I routed the power cord up and over a bit because the power cord comes out the top of the unit now and I did not want it to get hot. It seems to be ok but sometimes I forget to turn it off even thou I have it plugged into a outlet on a switch as I go back inside.

Oh, the wand does not fall out if you give it a little turn. And I just keep a couple magazines under it if it should fall out.

majorpayne66,

darth_vapor

ok, probably last post. i've been getting down with music and ideas, a couple of them stuck. so... Ehle on edit. 250 is great. 3 arm perc tree add-on etsy, 33 or something. Great combo. Mini wand. Sucks, with the HF heater cover, it's too far away and you have to turn up the heat too far. SSV-style but short enough for dbv heater cover on the way shortly, in addition to standard wand and a special short ssv-style wand with 14mm gong end to fit into waterpipe will be excellent. premliminary tests with existing equipment reveal a much more effectual drawing feel- minus all the tubing proves to be very impressive.... We'll see for sure when the real deal gets here ($28 for weird custom unit, custom short ssv style hc about $15). Mini whip from vap bros. will probably be great when new hc arrives. ioffer and etsy both have some amazing items from real blowers at low low prices. highly recommend, have some very reasonable us glass efforts. The special wand mentioned above with the 14mm joint in it is for a fancy fancy scenario where you forgo the tubing and have the wand gonged to the water piece and hold the dbv w/ ssv style heater cover right over the wand like a fancy giant lighter, as it is not big or heavy and doesn't get hot. All glass/no tubing means cleaner all-glass/shorter path- breath is much more effective/impactual on draw and there is less space for materials to be deposited. No tube future! I would have asked for a smaller bowl, but figured it would be more of a pain for them and the screens already fit into the normal ones. Also, using like this does let you load smaller amounts, as the wand stays upright the whole time, so as long as the bottom of the screen is covered, you can use a pretty thin layer of stuff. I did some gerry-rigged test runs with what is here already and can say it's pretty impressive. on the bleeding edge of fanciness, now I need more ice cubes...

darth_vapor,

darth_vapor

majorpayne66 said:
Soooo I medicate in the garage on the work bench because my wife has real bad asthma. I always hold my buddah sideways a little bit to get better hits. Then I thought, just hang the buddah on the peg board sideways. Took me less then 5 minutes and it works GREAT.
Sideways is good. I have a camera zoom lens barrel strap from optech/usa, works perfectly holding da buddha barrel from anything you can put the strap around...

darth_vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
Darth, did you order your ssv style HC for dbv from 7th floor? I guess i gotta call them, huh?

cluffy,

darth_vapor

I don't know if it counts as a double post, but it seems pertinent, as I rock a silver surfin' buddha now.

my mini wand broke, it was pos quality glass anyway. glad it's over, though i'd get the 7th floor version in a heartbeat. the screens are the same size as ssv screens, maybe it would be easier to replace with one of those as I noticed that, unlike the vapor bros. replacement mini wand screens, the 7th floor ones are easily bendable and won't poke you in the fingertip with sharp barbs!!!!

Somebody with a functioning mini whip try out 7th floor screens and if it's a success, maybe i'll get another one, but I don't see it a problem since I have a green screen going most of the time, which decreases amount necessary, almost like a smaller bowl. the quality of the 7th floor glass is far and away better.

I actually just have a dbv, but with a shortened ssv-standard style hc and a ssv std wand. mini broke while trying to change screen. I have on order a short ssv-standard style wand that also has a 14mm gong joint so i can just hold the dbv up to the pipe like a big lighter, as the outside never gets hot and it's big and easy to hold. right now it's suspended at a strangely SSV-like angle by a camera zoom lens support strap from adjacent bookshelf and arm of chair of choice.

Also had very good success with a mini sherlock style diffused bubbler (5" tall) using the dbv handheld with the wand and maybe 1" of tubing with an extra ring of tubing at the end to make it fatter to seal on the bowl, almost like a vriptech silicon bowl thing, but stuck to the tubing end of wand. I can hold the wand/bub combo in left hand and hold the dbv in the right.

But until the new short gong wand comes, i'm back to tubing for my glass (need the filtration), using a gong/tubing adaptor (with my 1" tubing adaptor, it makes a great seal and perfect for handholding with that bub). Also got a 14mm gong downstem for standard 9.5mm collared mini bongs, which would be great if a) my old molino mini bong had a collar, b) if it was blown a little more carefully around the hole for stem, which always leaked or c) hadn't fallen into the sink and shattered the other day. But the stem is fine, just need to find another 9.5mm mini bong....

darth_vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
Wow, it must be a lot of work being that particular Darth... props. I got an email reply from Richard at 7th Floor, didn't have to call. He said, (PAY ATTENTION dbv OWNERS!!)

"If you'd like an SSV heater cover for your DBV, just go ahead and order
an SSV heater cover on this page
http://www.silversurfervap.com/heater_covers.htm
When the comments box comes up just go ahead and request that we fit the
heater cover to your Buddha, and we will get that made for you as soon
as we can. This order will most likely take about 14 business days to
complete as our glassblowers have a large work load."

So I ordered that tonight and (drumroll please...) a MAGIC-FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX!!!!!!

I think the mflb will get me through the 2 week waiting period, I still say Da Buddha hits fine on the mini-whip with the original HC, can't wait to feel the difference!!

cluffy,
Top Bottom