Da Buddha

cluffy

Vaker
Cheers! I woke up at 9:30am, showered and made it to the post office at 10am. My mail lady hadn't left so I got my Da Buddha 4 hours early~!!!!! I've been enjoying it all day. My o'clocks are between midnight and 1am. I spent the afternoon helping a friend build a chicken coop and taking big hits off DBV in the back yard(long lead cord). Then I watched some young chickens play in the garden. oh yeah, I took the day off to celebrate...:ko:

cluffy,

Jens

daddygreenjeans said:
Hmmm, sounds faulty to me :(

Mine like yours is off at 6, click at 730 and I vape between 11 and 2.

Hope your able to get this taken care of. It's a great vape
can anyone confirm this? Is there a way to make sure? cause i have only been able to enjoy it for a day and i'd hate to send it back already. Since i'm in europe it would definatly take a while before i get it fixed i assume.

also the heather cover is very close to the heating element. Is this normal?

Jens,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
My heater is dead nut center of the heater cover. It's close to the top but not touching. I'd call 7th floor about your Buddha and see if they think it needs returned. That's a bummer :(

daddygreenjeans,

smoking Joe

Jens said:
daddygreenjeans said:
Hmmm, sounds faulty to me :(

Mine like yours is off at 6, click at 730 and I vape between 11 and 2.

Hope your able to get this taken care of. It's a great vape
can anyone confirm this? Is there a way to make sure? cause i have only been able to enjoy it for a day and i'd hate to send it back already. Since i'm in europe it would definatly take a while before i get it fixed i assume.

also the heather cover is very close to the heating element. Is this normal?
What is your voltage at the outlet? I think it's 220 in Europe and they send you one that works on 110 volts. Maybe a step down transformer or send it back for one rated at 220 voltes.

Jens

its 220v. I bought it from a european reseller.
i'm just not sure if its busted or its my herb that is too dry.
The reason i'm still doubting is because, whenever i see a picture of anyone using DBV and its turned on, the heating element turns way orange. When i turn it on only the a it more than the center needs to be orange to get at the right temp.
Also (this proofs nothing but i'll add this anyway) when i place my hand above the heating element at 9:30, i don't feel such a great difference it temperature compared to when i turn it to 16:00. But still combustion has happened at temps as low as 13.30 (while drawing slowly)

I think i'll give em a call if you guys think its broken. But i think that will be a very expensive call.

Maybe i'll make a short movie to show what i mean even better. But that will be for tomorow since i don't have acces to my dbv today

edit: could it be i just need to draw faster? I've been taking about 8-15seconds per toke

another edit:
just read this on another forum
I previously owned a buddha and I experienced the same problem with the low heating. I actually emailed customer service about it and they said the reason the heat of the vaporizer at 12oclock may be equal to another vaporizer at 3oclock is because of the height of the ceramic heater. look at your buddha and see whether the ceramic stick is towards the top of the glass piece or lower down. The higher it is, the hotter it will get.
The top of my heating element is almost touching the glass heater. Is there a way to get it up a bit higher without having to send it back?

Jens,

Budmeister

The top of my heating element is almost touching the glass heater. Is there a way to get it up a bit higher without having to send it back?
I would send 7th Floor an email describing the issue. From my experience, they are very good at responding to emails. They will get back to you within a day or two. You can even send them some digital photos.

Budmeister,

Jens

toxicc said:
just pull up the heater cover a few millimeters it should be ok
do i need a screwdriver to loosen some screws first? or do i just pull? I have acces to myy dbv in a few hours, so i'll give it a shot then

Jens,

stinac

Jens said:
toxicc said:
just pull up the heater cover a few millimeters it should be ok
do i need a screwdriver to loosen some screws first? or do i just pull? I have acces to myy dbv in a few hours, so i'll give it a shot then
just pull.
mine was same as yours at the begining (also 220v model), i was vaping at 9-10h and it combusted. put 3mm of weed in the wand, not more and inhale faster. now i wape at 1h, just be patient

stinac,

max

Out to lunch
The top of my heating element is almost touching the glass heater.
This really isn't a problem. I keep the element on my SSV very close to the top of the HC glass, and have for years. I would just adjust the temp with the control knob, along with your draw speed. The position of the element, in relation to the top of the HC, is minor in comparison. Draw speed alone has a much bigger effect on temp.

max,

Jens

packing the bowls smaller, pulling the HC up and drawing faster definatly helped! I can use it at 12:00 now without any combustion. Thx guys! Loving my dbv ^-^

Jens,

stinac

Jens said:
packing the bowls smaller, pulling the HC up and drawing faster definatly helped! I can use it at 12:00 now without any combustion. Thx guys! Loving my dbv ^-^
FUCK yea !
and remember, stir stir and stir after every take!!!
you can also angle it a little with one hand

stinac,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
So now I'm VERY sad...

I went through the trouble of ordering an SSV heater cover and the VaporBros mini whip to go with it. Now 7th floor is saying the SSV covers won't match the Buddha's hole.

Can anyone confirm!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????

Per 7th floor...
This heater cover is not compatible with Buddha wands, and it won't line up with the hole for you wand either. Would you like us to cancel this order?

daddygreenjeans,

whosgottheherb

you should ask if they can make u a custom one... that sucks though cause I was wanting to do the same as you!

btw, what hole are they talking about? the carb hole? if its the part that slips on the heater, maybe its bigger and you could create a shim to make it fit?

yeah looking at it now, it looks like it would fit, but be to tall since da buddha has the complete hole where the joint goes.. still, I would see if they could make u one.

whosgottheherb,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
They said the ssv heater cover is taller so it doesn't line up with where the buddha's hole is for the wand.

daddygreenjeans,

smoking Joe

daddygreenjeans said:
So now I'm VERY sad...

I went through the trouble of ordering an SSV heater cover and the VaporBros mini whip to go with it. Now 7th floor is saying the SSV covers won't match the Buddha's hole.

Can anyone confirm!!!!!!!!!!! ???????????

Per 7th floor...
This heater cover is not compatible with Buddha wands, and it won't line up with the hole for you wand either. Would you like us to cancel this order?
well the mini wand should still work with the gg heater cover. I have a silver surfer with the standard and gg heater cover. I just check to see if the mini wand will fit. Well it doesn't fit inside the gg cover but does fit flush and see no reason why it won't work.

smoking Joe,

whosgottheherb

thanks for the tip Joe! Is there any way you could test it for us to see if it works well? I was hoping the wand would fit inside the joint for a better seal but regardless, if it will work, I'll still buy it.

whosgottheherb,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
I dont think it will work as Joe says but I'll give 'er a shot when my mini wand gets here.

REGARDLESS ... I went ahead and bought the ssv cover and will now attempt the 1st Buddha to SSV conversion I think this thread has seen. I'll be cutting away at the body of the Buddha to make room for the SSV heater cover / wand.

The dude at 7th floor has been REALLY helpful and we've gone back and forth maybe six times today talking about this project. Who knows maybe their customer service is turning around. I'm pleased so far !!!

He's going to be looking into two things for me...

1. Cost of a custom "single hitter" wand for the Buddha
2. Cost of either shortening an SSV heater cover to fit the Buddha OR Making a new SSV cover from scratch that will fit the Buddha.

Hopefully he will get back to me soon with cost estimates on both.

If it's outlandish I'll continue on with the cutting of the Buddha :( hehehe.

daddygreenjeans,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Guys N Gals :o

Forgot to mention, another last minute thought I had (after buying all the SSV / miniwhip crap) was to simply buy an "Extreme Q" glass elbow! They are 18/19mm GG and should fit the Buddha's female joint perfectly. Then you simply "pack the elbow" or whatever those guys do in that thread LoLs. I think they say the elbow pack is VERY conservative... so that's another CHEAP option if someone wants to give that a try. Hell there is even a screen on the end that would keep the herb from falling back into the heater. I can't believe no one has tried this yet ???? Mannn I wish I thought of this before blowing like $30+ on the SSV stuff... and I'll have to mod on top of it. I just hate returning items it's like paying for shipping twice.

extreme-vaporizer-elbow-adapter.jpg

daddygreenjeans,
Reactions: vorrange

whosgottheherb

interesting... which do u think holds less? I guess you know as well as I do but if I had to guess, I'd say mini whip...

edit: if someone does decide to use the extreme's elbow, be sure to keep ur heat MUCH lower! thinking it over, I think the hits are going to be more airy than the mini whip also which may be your thing for efficiency, but I like those monster hits!:o

LMK what they say about the heater cover cause I will be going through this process soon also.

whosgottheherb,

cluffy

Vaker
Well daddygreenjeans, thanks for trying the ssv hc. I got the miniwhip so I'm gonna try and get my buddy to make me a custom hc for my Buddha, which I love by the way. I'm thinkin' I really want the non hands free because when I leave the hands free attached it tends to burn the stash. I'm pretty sure the temperatures right cause I get nice vapor as long as it doesn't get left for long. Maybe I need smaller loads...

If it's something my buddy can whip up easily enough I'll have him make a couple hc's for cheap.

CHEERS!

cluffy,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Cluffy -

If it's burnin when your not drawing, I'd think you might have the wand packed too full or the temp too high. I never load more then 1/3 to 1/2 at most LOOSELY packed.

So you have the mini whip right now? How does it fit up to the Buddha as is ?

daddygreenjeans,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Also... ???????????

What would you all use / how would you go about cutting the Buddha body to fit the SSV heater cover? What tools would you use? My dad has a ton of wood working stuff, like band saws/ table saws and crap. I was thinking a hack saw and file lol. What would work? These things are pretty tough... thick.
Here are my 3 Possible cutting scenarios. Ideas/thoughts? ? ?
Buddha%20cut.JPG

Modnote: Please use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts instead of making back-to-back posts in a thread.

daddygreenjeans,

cluffy

Vaker
Hey, I got my mini whip yesterday and tried it real quick. Today I tried again and it works! It just barely fits, actually going about 1/8" into the mouth.

I would cut straight down with a hacksaw then file the edges smooth, but it's possible that you might be able to just grind out the top of the hole if the difference isn't too much. I'm thinking that rim protects the heat cover when traveling, which mine has done and will do.

Ok, I'm convinced that the mini whip works fine with the Buddha as is, wish I didn't have to work in 2 hours!!!

Definitely leave as is...

CHEERS!

cluffy,
Top Bottom