Da Buddha

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Only negative IMO is stainless steel screen, but that's so minimal. Another negative is, if i hit my dbv, i better be ready to do nothing for tha rest of tha day..i doubt that's a negative.

KidFated.,
Reactions: MtMozart

Bipola

Just ordered the Buddha this morning - can't wait for it to arrive (should be here in 2-3 days). Got a small titanium space case (2 piece) to go with it, as I used to have a large one which was awesome but way too big for what I needed it for, and my little sharpstone grinder is pretty good but not quite as good as a space case.

MFLB/VG are the only vapes I've ever used before, so this should be quite the mindblowing experience, especially as I haven't gotten high in nearly 14 months and have a decent amount of herb stashed away - been waiting for the right time to start again and have a feeling it'll be soon... :D

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Finally got on the dbv direct draw train. Both the male/male adapter and the direct draw tube are from epicvape and the long tube is the mouth piece from my cloud.

I didn't like the screens in the EV glass so I removed them ... .583" pipe screens seat perfectly where the screens seat in the dbv wand and I think the air flows more evenly through a pipe screen.

Last edited:

Herr_Dampf

That cloud mouthpiece/adapter combo looks crazy :freak:
I orderd 4 of those EV direct draw mouthpieces myself, thinking about getting a 18mm m/f adapter with a 45 degree angle. Should make it more comfortable to use them with the DBV. Maybe a 90 would work as well (actually that would be great for an SSV).

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
hbup8YH.jpg

1kDqHhA.jpg

yea i know.... it's filthy... been meaning to clean it of all it's yummy wand hash

MtMozart

Had the DBV for just about 2 weeks now and I now understand why some say it takes a bit of practice, especially if you are new to vaping as I am. I got extremely fast delivery from Vape World (24 hours!)

The first few times I used the DBV I had an experience similar to some who have posted here; being a bit confused about whether anything at all was happening --which then morphed into being pretty sure I had made a mistake in going this route, that I was really just a smoker, etc, etc.

And then to suddenly I'd find myself completely entranced by some song I was listening to and realized I somewhere along the way I had become quite mouth wateringly toasted. I was pleased by how much easier it is on the lungs and throat and how it leaves no lingering smell in the room at all. Although it does leave a new and distinctive taste in my mouth that I'm going to have to get used to.

After a day or two I realized the logic of the Silver Surfer with the heater cover angled downwards, especially using small amounts of herb. Its rather difficult to keep the vaping even.

Has anyone ever thought of using a second screen to hold things in place so they don't fall down when you put the wand in horizontally?

Mtmozart

Herr_Dampf

There was a post a few pages back of a 18/18 f/m adapter with a screen fittet in the middle, turning a regular wand into a fatty wand with double screens.
EDIT: MileHighLife's post

I am using the DBV since over a month now and never had any issues with herb getting into the heater cover or onto the element itself. I usually only put enough into the wand to cover the screen and get about 2-3 hits out of it, giving it a short stir after each one.
The downward angle isn't really that big of a deal to me, but as KidFated wrote, can be achieved by pretty much any item that you shove under the DBV. Another choice would be a cheap monitor speaker isolation pad like this one:
msohvb.jpg

Last edited:

Bipola

My DBV arrived last week! :D

It looks awesome - I'm yet to use it due to it being more than a year since I last got high, and I need everything to be pretty close to 'perfect' before I can think about consuming herb for the first time in so long. The last 2-3 months have been really hectic, basically a neverending mindfuck due to relatives who wouldn't usually be around being around... plus it's summer here which is easily my least favourite time of year, so things will be better all round in 2-3 weeks. The relatives have actually been gone for a while now but I still feel like I need another couple of weeks to fully detoxify...

I have the DBV set up right next to me now, I struggled with deciding on where to set it up but think it's safest/most convenient in the spot on the desk next to my PC/monitor speakers etc. I have a dog who can be pretty boisterous to put it mildly, so made sure it'd be in a spot where she would never be able to knock it over, especially while switched on... I read that it's easier on the element to leave it on 24/7 at a low heat, and I love the idea of doing that, but just don't see myself being able to without worrying about it, so I imagine I'll feel the compulsion to always turn it off after using it despite it possibly being better to leave it on.

The manual really stresses how hot the heating element gets, I doubt I would ever be careless enough to burn myself and I haven't read a single account of anyone doing so, but I'm just wondering how bad a burn from it would actually be - I can't imagine anything worse than vaping and then badly burning yourself minutes later haha. I had the unit on for 20 minutes as instructed a few days ago and felt this strange urge to touch it, but obviously didn't.

The stir tool also scares me a bit in that it looks like it could easily pierce a human heart. I think I might order one of those glass stripy ones and put the included one away somewhere as I just feel uncomfortable having something that sharp lying around... Though it does look like it'd be effective in doing what it's meant to do.

Going to order the aroma top for it in about a week, and have already ordered 5 of those yankee candle things (read about in this thread) to use with it.

I have somehow read almost this entire thread (minus a couple of arguments that I mostly skipped) and feel like I have a pretty good chance of getting a decent result with the Buddha on my first go. I only ever used a VG + MFLB before, and even with those I basically got it right the first time because I did a lot of research and watched tutorials etc before attempting to use them myself, so I feel like I have my head around the process pretty well. I imagine a good desktop vape will be way more intuitive/have less of a learning curve than something like the VG, but I know that some experimentation will still be required to get the desired results.

Part of me wonders whether I should have spend the extra 60 or whatever bucks to get an SSV, but I feel some strange attachment to the Buddha for some reason. It feels like it's just precisely the right thing for me, despite having never used it haha. I think I might get a blemished SSV one day and then choose between the two after comparing them, and give the other one to my younger brother.

Also, I got a smallish glass on glass bong a couple of weeks ago, the first one I've ever had - but the downstem is 18mm unfortunately. I didn't originally buy it to use with the DBV but am pretty set on vapor bonging now, and am wondering what would be the best way to go, should I try and find some sort of 18mm to 14mm adapter, or just buy a new cheap gong with a 14mm downstem? I saw one on the same site I ordered that one for only about $37 that would probably do the job reasonably well, and being able to just plug the whip right into the downstem would be nice, but open to other suggestions.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
The stir tool also scares me a bit in that it looks like it could easily pierce a human heart. I think I might order one of those glass stripy ones and put the included one away somewhere as I just feel uncomfortable having something that sharp lying around... Though it does look like it'd be effective in doing what it's meant to do.
You kids are going to put an eye out with that thing :myday:

Also, I got a smallish glass on glass bong a couple of weeks ago, the first one I've ever had - but the downstem is 18mm unfortunately. I didn't originally buy it to use with the DBV but am pretty set on vapor bonging now, and am wondering what would be the best way to go, should I try and find some sort of 18mm to 14mm adapter, or just buy a new cheap gong with a 14mm downstem? I saw one on the same site I ordered that one for only about $37 that would probably do the job reasonably well, and being able to just plug the whip right into the downstem would be nice, but open to other suggestions.

I'm sure either would work well but an 18mm to 14mm reducer is the way I'd go as it's cheaper and they are very low profile. Something like this ...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19MM-TO-14M...791?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab8ad20df

The manual really stresses how hot the heating element gets, I doubt I would ever be careless enough to burn myself and I haven't read a single account of anyone doing so, but I'm just wondering how bad a burn from it would actually be - I can't imagine anything worse than vaping and then badly burning yourself minutes later haha. I had the unit on for 20 minutes as instructed a few days ago and felt this strange urge to touch it, but obviously didn't.

I'm able to touch the glass real quick without being burned but the actual element is the same element used in a Hakko soldering iron so it gets very hot.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: Bipola

Dr. Plutonious

Hey guys, I had a question. Has anyone used Da Buddah and SSV for dabbing with the nail? I feel like the angle difference in the two units won't make a difference when there is a nail involved.

Any info would be appreciated!

Dr. Plutonious,

mmenzie

i used the nail and dome kit with my Buddha and i loved the way it worked. my only gripe is (and 7th floor will deny it) is that you have to switch back to the original heater cover if you want to vape flowers. 7th floor claims you don't and you can use the oil heater cover when vaping flowers (they say you have to remove the nail from the heating element and use the glass stopper on the dome) but in all my tests the only way this is possible is if you turn up the heat to MAX. switching back and forth between heater covers is annoying too and in the end... i ended up breaking my oil heater cover with all the switching back and forth.

i will say... it does work and works great!! i loved being able to do a dab followed by another dab and NEVER reaching for a torch

mmenzie,

Dr. Plutonious

I have the EVO and HI so I'm set on flower vapes. I'm looking for a nail set up and honestly, Da Buddah is looking like the option I like the most right now.

Dr. Plutonious,

mmenzie

I have the EVO and HI so I'm set on flower vapes. I'm looking for a nail set up and honestly, Da Buddah is looking like the option I like the most right now.

if you are going to make it a strictly oil vape (an e-nail) then go for it.... it's great economical choice

My DBV arrived last week! :D

It looks awesome - I'm yet to use it due to it being more than a year since I last got high, and I need everything to be pretty close to 'perfect' before I can think about consuming herb for the first time in so long. The last 2-3 months have been really hectic, basically a neverending mindfuck due to relatives who wouldn't usually be around being around... plus it's summer here which is easily my least favourite time of year, so things will be better all round in 2-3 weeks. The relatives have actually been gone for a while now but I still feel like I need another couple of weeks to fully detoxify...

I have the DBV set up right next to me now, I struggled with deciding on where to set it up but think it's safest/most convenient in the spot on the desk next to my PC/monitor speakers etc. I have a dog who can be pretty boisterous to put it mildly, so made sure it'd be in a spot where she would never be able to knock it over, especially while switched on... I read that it's easier on the element to leave it on 24/7 at a low heat, and I love the idea of doing that, but just don't see myself being able to without worrying about it, so I imagine I'll feel the compulsion to always turn it off after using it despite it possibly being better to leave it on.

Going to order the aroma top for it in about a week, and have already ordered 5 of those yankee candle things (read about in this thread) to use with it.

I have somehow read almost this entire thread (minus a couple of arguments that I mostly skipped) and feel like I have a pretty good chance of getting a decent result with the Buddha on my first go. I only ever used a VG + MFLB before, and even with those I basically got it right the first time because I did a lot of research and watched tutorials etc before attempting to use them myself, so I feel like I have my head around the process pretty well. I imagine a good desktop vape will be way more intuitive/have less of a learning curve than something like the VG, but I know that some experimentation will still be required to get the desired results.

Part of me wonders whether I should have spend the extra 60 or whatever bucks to get an SSV, but I feel some strange attachment to the Buddha for some reason. It feels like it's just precisely the right thing for me, despite having never used it haha. I think I might get a blemished SSV one day and then choose between the two after comparing them, and give the other one to my younger brother.

Please don't vape a sativa

Bipola

Haha, guessing you mean because it would make me paranoid/anxious? Thanks for the heads up if so!

Pure sativas are pretty rare where I live, but one of the two strains I currently have may be a hybrid, possibly sativa dominant. The other is super dense and looks like it's almost definitely a great indica. :)

Haha, guessing you mean because it would make me paranoid/anxious? Thanks for the heads up if so!

Pure sativas are pretty rare where I live, but one of the two strains I currently have may be a hybrid, possibly sativa dominant. The other is super dense and looks like it's almost definitely a great indica. :)
lol yes. It sounds like you would prefer an indica just based upon what you wrote. JMHO

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use the oil Rig on both SSV and the DBV.
I like my SSV better for flowers, but the DBV with the oil rig works much better in my opinion.
I feel the angle is easier when the nail is level.

Vitolo,

hoptimum

i used the nail and dome kit with my Buddha and i loved the way it worked. my only gripe is (and 7th floor will deny it) is that you have to switch back to the original heater cover if you want to vape flowers. 7th floor claims you don't and you can use the oil heater cover when vaping flowers (they say you have to remove the nail from the heating element and use the glass stopper on the dome) but in all my tests the only way this is possible is if you turn up the heat to MAX. switching back and forth between heater covers is annoying too and in the end... i ended up breaking my oil heater cover with all the switching back and forth.

i will say... it does work and works great!! i loved being able to do a dab followed by another dab and NEVER reaching for a torch

100% agree about using the oil rig heater cover for herb In dbv, it won't work. I was afraid I had redundant desktops when I picked up an SSV, but the dbv is now my permanent desktop dabber

hoptimum,
Reactions: mmenzie

xRUFUSx

special like everyone else
half-off-topic, but just one question you guys would know -

In this EQ video the 7th floor water pipe adapter (and hose) is recommended as an airflow and durability upgrade. Are the 7th floor 90' adapters "best in class?"

xRUFUSx,
Top Bottom