Da Buddha

Jambowser

Yeah, I actually already read that suggestion, but if I always have to use DB over a mousepad or otherwise have to be wary of the bowl falling out, then I think I'll direct my cash towards a surfer.

Jambowser,

Beezleb

Kuroth said:
Hey Beezled I had one question.. My custom glass I bought for it did not have the screen in the wand... I know they say its easy but how exactly do I put the screen in?

Thanks!
Tokin explains it best.
DBV wand is around 1:58 in the video.

In my view it is a non issue with it coming out once you get a feel for it and the tubing breaks in a bit as initially it is a bit more stiff but if you are going to be using it with a crowd I would go with the SSV and go with manual over hands free and/or get the hands free clip for the SSV.

I wholly recommend the mousepad with new people and when initially getting it. I have a lot of mail from people who thank the advice but I would not say it is an issue once you get some experience.

Beezleb,

vape4health

My bowl stays in real nice , it will stay in even if I pick the DBV up and hold it so the wand is pointing down . I'm using replacement tube so I'm not sure about the stock tube , but this stuff has enough grip so that when you are at the table , the tube will touch the table and helps to make a point of contact to help hold the wand in , then every little wiggle dont go straight to the wand . And to pull the wand out by pulling on the tube , you have to slide the tube across the table first , and it is very grippy , so you notice that you are pulling on it . ( sorry if that makes no sense )

Knock on a ;pd; , I have yet to pull my wand out and it smack something .

edit: I got to try wand hash for the first time , WOW :ko: :ko:

vape4health,

King Kong

my da buddha still hasn't been sent back to me, they received my da buddha on oct 27th, i called them today, was placed on hold for 10-15 minutes until they "found" my da buddha, and she said they would fix it and ship it out tomorrow... Ok why the hell has it been sitting in the warehouse for 3 weeks without being fixed???

King Kong,

Kuroth

Account Closed
Hi.. Sorry to be dumb but which video is the "Tokin" Video?

Tokin explains it best.
DBV wand is around 1:58 in the video.

Kuroth,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
whats the cheapest place to get a Black DBV currently???

Include coupon codes.

I've seen people find deals under $140 wtih coupon codes and free ship.

I need to get one.

New_World,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
Does the DBV smell?
Could i use it with other people in the house and they wouldn't know?

New_World,

greenmachinexlt

NoFuxLeft
New_World, it doesn't smell anything like smoke if it smells at all. I can't smell anything really. I have a window near me open and a fan on, so I haven't tried to fishbowl the room. If you are worried about it then go to the candle section at walmart and get a little 4" glass plate for a buck, and right next to them are little bottles of scented oils for 2 bucks. That's what I did. The plate has 3 little glass nubs on the bottom so it won't slide off the buddha. I'm watching the 4 drops of lavender oil vaporize off the glass plate right now. Smells good.

I got my black DBV with a poker, 3 screens, a dime bag of spearmint leaves, a cheap aluminum 4 pcs grinder, wand, 2 stickers and a carry bag for 163.99 shipped on ebay last week. Got it in about 4 days from ordering.

I really like this thing.

greenmachinexlt,

New_World

Cuck Fombustion
greenmachinexlt said:
New_World, it doesn't smell anything like smoke if it smells at all. I can't smell anything really. I have a window near me open and a fan on, so I haven't tried to fishbowl the room. If you are worried about it then go to the candle section at walmart and get a little 4" glass plate for a buck, and right next to them are little bottles of scented oils for 2 bucks. That's what I did. The plate has 3 little glass nubs on the bottom so it won't slide off the buddha. I'm watching the 4 drops of lavender oil vaporize off the glass plate right now. Smells good.

I got my black DBV with a poker, 3 screens, a dime bag of spearmint leaves, a cheap aluminum 4 pcs grinder, wand, 2 stickers and a carry bag for 163.99 shipped on ebay last week. Got it in about 4 days from ordering.

I really like this thing.
whats the name of the ebay seller or store?
or did they only have one?

Also, how does the ground glass (GG) work?
Does it just slide into the other piece of glass or does it screw in there??

New_World,

greenmachinexlt

NoFuxLeft
The seller was puffitup, but it doesn't look like he has any listed right now. But you can check. There are other's on there with similar deals. Do a search for it. Just check their feedback before you buy.

The wand slips right into the heat cover. The GG holds well. but that doesn't mean it can't slip out if you aren't careful. But it is a good fit. I slide the wand in and leave it in until I need to pull it out to stir the bowl.

greenmachinexlt,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
I officially love this thing. It is the perfect device for heavy duty smoking sessions.

When I really want to get wrecked, I attach the whip without the mouthpiece, and put that end of the whip into a water bottle filled up about 1/4 of the way. Then I take a HUGE rip from the bottle and pass it on the rotation.

Vaporizers really do save on bud too, I keep having friends asking me to bring over the DBV and they will supply the bud for the night. :brow:

quomist,

max

Out to lunch
New_World said:
whats the cheapest place to get a Black DBV currently???

Include coupon codes.

I've seen people find deals under $140 wtih coupon codes and free ship.

I need to get one.
UNDER $140? Not from an on-line dealer. Not even with a FC coupon code. About $140 is rock bottom from a dealer, and that's with 12% off, via FC coupon, and the black DBV is no longer available for the same price as the silver, with one possible exception. Grateful Buys is now selling vapes and has some good deals. I have to confirm a couple of things (including the $159 price for a black DBV), but he's offering FC members a code (FCER) good for 10% off any vape except Vapir models and the DBV. In addition, you get a choice of any Space Case airtight stash case, or any 2 pc small or medium grinder (except with the Vapir Mini). Even a small 2 pc. Space Case is $30 from most sources. So if you need a grinder, and the $159 price is correct for the black DBV, that's a good deal. :brow:

Update- the black DBV is $179 but the 10% discount now applies, so a black DBV plus a 2 pc. SC grinder is $161.10 delivered. That's the best deal going on, considering the free SC. I'll get the discount code updated on the recommended sellers thread when all the details are nailed down.

max,

Yail Bloor

I've had my DBV for a few days now and overall it's excellent. My first vaporizer, I should have done this long ago. I like the ground glass connection very much, I tend to just insert it and leave it for a while, try to keep the temp as low as possible and just take my time, then remove it and stir it around a bit and finish it off. I've used a friend's SSV a few times before and the quality seems just about the same, the angle of the SSV does make a lot of sense but I'd still get the GG connection. Honestly, the SSV may be better but not $90 better.

The overall setup is a little bulky and blatant - compared to what I'm used to anyway - so I made a few simple modifications. I cut the power cord down to three feet and put connectors on each cut end so now the DBV has a three foot cord and I have a seven foot extension cord. It works for me, ymmv. I don't bother with the glass mouthpiece. It's nice but just to streamline things it's really not necessary. One less thing to break or break something, and it's easier to pack away without it. If I had the luxury I'd like to get an nice hookah like whip with a wooden mouthpiece, but I can't really just leave paraphernalia out all the time like I used to.

The storage bag is really a joke, which is too bad because there are some nice materials there and it's really a wasted effort. Seventh Floor guys: just take the zipper all the way around, side and top. Seems kind of a no brainer to me, they must have been high when designing that. At least it would nominally seal the thing a bit. And dying the hemp something other then hemp color may be a bit more subtle.

The quality is great; heating element and control, the glass components and overall design. The DBV is very efficient with herb and I love how the odor is minimal, different and just a little weird. And, no smoke.

Yail Bloor,

max

Out to lunch
Yail Bloor said:
The storage bag is really a joke
I checked out a new DBV about a month ago or so, for a review, and thought the storage bag was excellent. If the ergonomics of it weren't perfect, I didn't even notice. It was very well padded and had pockets for tubing, wand, etc. Getting a bag of this quality, free, with a $160 vape, is previously unheard of, and I salute Steve at 7th Floor for providing such a bonus with a vape that's designed as an economy model. If the performance and construction quality didn't set the DBV apart from the competition in this price range, IMO the free padded bag certainly does.

SSV may be better but not $90 better.
The price dif is actually $82, when you count shipping. Performance wise, it's not necessarily better, just different. As for the rest, you get more custom glass and and a footprint that's slightly more stable, with a metal base instead of plastic. Whether the difference in heater angle, glass, base, custom glass, is worth the extra $ or not is just personal preference. The hits are also slightly different, due to the heater cover/wand interface. For me, it was worth the extra $, which was only $57, since no discount was available anywhere for the DBV at the time. But I just prefer the SSV setup vs. the DBV. If you want hands free, the DBV is the no brainer choice IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yail Bloor

Free is relative. The product is the kit, the whole lot of it and it's priced accordingly. If they also sell separates and they cost more that's another sales channel. The storage bag is very well padded and has nice materials but it doesn't close. I mean, this is drug paraphernalia after all (for me at least), the bag should close and a little discretion would be nice, but that's just my personal opinion. The cinch thingy on top is just plain silly. The zipper could easily wrap around the corner and run along both sides for probably no added cost to them (they could eliminate the cinch). The pocket on the inside is sewn in the middle creating two small pockets, neither big enough for the whip. It's a whip based V and there's no internal pocket to store the whip on a bag that doesn't close, both very easy fixes. But it's just the storage bag, the unit itself is excellent.

Yail Bloor,

max

Out to lunch
Free is relative. The product is the kit, the whole lot of it and it's priced accordingly.
Comparisons are relative too. It doesn't make sense to complain that it doesn't have the features of a $500 digital whip model. It's less than a third of the cost.

The one I inspected had a zipper. It closed just fine. It's possible they've changed the bag. Regardless, all it takes is a survey of the vape market to confirm my statement that it's a hell of a value to get a storage bag of any kind with a vape in this price range. Criticisms of a particular model should be in context with the rest of the market. Your expectation of what you should get for for $160 is off base, relative to the competition.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I know how you guys hate one liners, but Max speaks the truth about the value, especially relative to the competition.

stonemonkey55,

greenmachinexlt

NoFuxLeft
I don't agree that the bag is a joke. It works, but I do agree a little more thought might have produced a more useful bag. One larger pouch inside for the whip instead of 2 smaller ones, and a zipper that closes the top of the bag. The cinch string just doesn't do the job.

I do believe the bag is part of the product being sold. Part of the kit. I also believe I paid for that bag. If I had the choice, I would have opted not to have the bag If I could have saved $20 to $35. I'd rather put that money towards something I would actually use.

The bags sold alone are listed at $35.00, though now on sale for $19.99.

http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/storage-bag2.html

:2c:

greenmachinexlt,

Yail Bloor

max said:
Free is relative. The product is the kit, the whole lot of it and it's priced accordingly.
Comparisons are relative too. It doesn't make sense to complain that it doesn't have the features of a $500 digital whip model. It's less than a third of the cost.

The one I inspected had a zipper. It closed just fine. It's possible they've changed the bag. Regardless, all it takes is a survey of the vape market to confirm my statement that it's a hell of a value to get a storage bag of any kind with a vape in this price range. Criticisms of a particular model should be in context with the rest of the market. Your expectation of what you should get for for $160 is off base, relative to the competition.
I must have missed the part where I complained it didn't have the features of a $500 whip. However, I did say that in my opinion the storage bag has two silly features that can be easily redesigned. I also believe I said the product is excellent. If you want to go off on angry tangents that's your personal deal, Max.

Yail Bloor,

max

Out to lunch
I'm not angry at all, just putting up my years of experience and extensive research of the vape market against your experience with your first vape purchase. The comment on the $500 whip unit was just an example, obviously.

Now, that's officially the end of the discussion about bag value, since you, not me, have taken it to a personal level. ;)

edamame

vaporist
my storage bag has some funky colors on it, but since I got my DBV at a local headshop where it's been sitting for who knows how long, it kinda soaked up the 'smell' of the place, which I think is pretty cool :D

edamame,
Top Bottom