Customized vape setups

hereatlast

Ah I see. A smaller hole or holes/slits would make it better?

I really like the stemless design the more I look around, I guess thats what's catching my eye. While I've ordered a cheap GonG for now, its my first, I'm scouting out my next purchase already. I think I saw a stemless bubbler in here with a waffle perc?

I've been hitting a friend's illadelph with an inline(I think?) a/c and it makes me want something nicer. I'm convinced my money will be better spent custom or through direct contact with the blower after reading through this thread. Hopefully I can drop a few hundred on a piece by spring.

hereatlast,

hereatlast

Again thanks for the correction...I'm trying to soak up as much as possible but sometimes I feel I'm reading a code! Nonetheless I'm having a great time looking around, an SGW waffle is officially on my wish-list, it seems to be an unanimously praised design.

EDIT: if anyone could recommend a good place to continue looking/shopping for glass I'd appreciate it. This and other threads of FC have been a great resource, I'm browsing TC now but rather recklessly.
I'm trying to be a smart shopper and figure out my needs/desires etc. Too bad there's no Consumer Reports or CNET for glass! :p
Also, I'll have to order online (Philadelphia has one very bad headshop, expensive as hell and not friendly service IME) so I have to figure out where and how to contact the blowers. This is a purchase months away but I wanna make sure I've made the right decision when the time comes.

hereatlast,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Lol there is a Consumer reports of sorts for glass. It's called glassdistrict.com. It's a website dedicated to glass collectors. And a good place for blowers to show their work and make new clients. I actually got in touch with dosa through that site. A bunch of us glass heads are over there like azn, survivalism, stonemoneky and myself. I've learned more from that site than anyother place on the Internet. Check it out and lurk through some of the threads. The glass blowers art journals are where I spend alot of my time

minnesnowta,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Someone post me a SG mini pillar and I'll die a happy man :D

Officially my dream piece, 420DU got one into Australia but he has the mad connects :(

740379995_GNDGt-X3.jpg

Damn you 420

/shakes fist furiously

Chubba,

hereatlast

Thanks for the tip minnesnowta, just starting reading stuff and have already learned a lot. I looked and found that there's a locally-based (Philadelphia) group called NameBrandGlass, any of the glass-heads hear of them?

I'd love to support a local artist for one, and PA in particular is a hard state to get glass shipped to; just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? They seem to do mostly fixed-stem showerheads (I think?), looked like they stacked a lot of bubbles for sure...Nonetheless I can't get that SGW waffle out of my head :o

hereatlast,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
That mini pillar is amazing. I would do some crazy things to get my hands on one of them. I really hope they go into production and I'm betting their gonna. I can't see why they wouldn't

minnesnowta,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey fear420 ! I have made similar vap in the past , all of them were toasting the herb in the center and leave a the rest of the bowl green ...I'm curently at the shop , working on my last version of a full glass vaporizer that can be add to any water pipe and the prototype work really well ,it fog like a mothafucker... too bad that you already ordered ,but I cant wait to hear from you how the hd one work ... !
:peace:

Clear_Dome,

FEAR420

Clear_Dome said:
hey fear420 ! I have made similar vap in the past , all of them were toasting the herb in the center and leave a the rest of the bowl green ...I'm curently at the shop , working on my last version of a full glass vaporizer that can be add to any water pipe and the prototype work really well ,it fog like a mothafucker... too bad that you already ordered ,but I cant wait to hear from you how the hd one work ... !
:peace:
Hey man,Im a collector!! Just because I have one of the HDV's doesnt mean I wont want one of yours!! ;) The sooner you finish it & make it blue or black,the sooner I buy one ;) This was mostly purchased for the handpiece though as I desperately needed a 19MM handpiece. So getting it as a vape was an added bonus.

Keep me posted man! You know Im always looking to buy something!

FEAR420,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha ok ! that's cool but I mean ....I just dont feel like it will work really good (according to my test) but I cant wait to hear back from you , let me know when you'll get it , I can be wrong

Clear_Dome,

the electrician

FEAR420 said:
Hey man,Im a collector!!
i see youre a man whos collected a weedstar inline ash catcher, maybe you can riddle me this: how long is the tube part of it? as in from the ground glass part to the bottom. got a downstem thats 4" i think and ill need that badboy to fit. i know the design doesnt need or even sugegst the use of one but for my purposes its a necessity.

what a convoluted post

the electrician,

FEAR420

the electrician said:
FEAR420 said:
Hey man,Im a collector!!
i see youre a man whos collected a weedstar inline ash catcher, maybe you can riddle me this: how long is the tube part of it? as in from the ground glass part to the bottom. got a downstem thats 4" i think and ill need that badboy to fit. i know the design doesnt need or even sugegst the use of one but for my purposes its a necessity.

what a convoluted post
The downtube for the stem is 3"

FEAR420,

FEAR420

Dude,head down to your local plumbing supply store,or even the local hardware store & ask for a "gauge glass cutter". We use these in the HVAC industry to cut glass tubes that go on the side of boilers to see how much water is in them.They run a few bucks,but if you do lots of "experimenting" its worth it to have.

FEAR420,

hereatlast

Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. I've checked out SimpleGlassTubes (and saw those toys :lol:) but didn't like the look of the diffy nearly as much as the showerhead from Soulsunshine. I'm gonna keep looking, I still haven't even gotten my first GonG piece yet!

My first basic GonG isn't even here and I'm lining up my next.

hereatlast,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
If you are looking for showerheads, in my humble opinion, the people that make the best are Stoneglassworks and Vertigo. Their showersheads to me, look the prettiest, and stack the most bubbles. I know that SGW is starting to do gridded showerheads as well.

On a side note, I figured out how to do slo-mo and for those intrigued by the pillar, there is a slomo section about 45 seconds into this video, enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmQoMKxu3yU

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: NoSmoke420

DrMephisto

Here's my setup, bought the EHLE, MixN'Ball, and PD from a family member, he must be a member, if not a lurker :p
VG, LB, seed beads, ABV containers, and fresh container came after I joined... :D
Granted, it looks like the lowest of all of your alls setup, but why not use the great info on here to make my informed decisions? Not too bad a set up for a fairly recent convert to vape-only, no? Building the Hakko/SSV/DIY wand later this week....

-w-

DrMephisto,

hereatlast

StoneMonkey, I've seen those SGW showerheads, they look great, still and in action. I'm not sure what the gridded means? I assume that this provides better diffusion?

My Ehle should be here any-day, I got a stock Ehle diffy to go with it which should start me nicely. I'm not sure if I should even buy another diffuser with another purchase ahead of me, maybe I'll just start saving up for my next piece.

I've been reading a lot on TC and GlassDistrict, I'll need some advice with my next purchase nonetheless; narrowed it down to a couple designs but I'm just not sure how much I'll be spending. Is it inappropriate to contact an artist/company for a quote? I'm seeing all this beautiful glass and I have no idea what it costs. I'm hoping to stay in the $250-$350 range, not sure if contacting a blower directly is even an option at those prices?

hereatlast,
Top Bottom