Customized vape setups

hereatlast

Figured I'd post up some pics of the new set-up.

Ehle recommended a 10.5 cm downstem, I ordered a diffy at that size and its smaller than the stock downstem which seems to be the perfect length...a little extra water does the trick but I think I may want to pick up a nicer/longer one though. I've noticed we're generally only pulling bubbles through the first line of holes anyway (it takes more lung-power to pull thru all).
CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0227.jpg

Tiny little bong (I can't imagine the 100ml! Simon could you post a 250 next to a 100?) with fairly thin glass buts its definitely doing the job; ice-notches were a good decision! The real upgrade is the GonG, milking and clearing are so much easier/cleaner with the GonG.

Makes me want thicker glass and joints and better diffusion though! An SGW waffle or showerhead is in the horizons...

EDIT: whosgottheherb, I think Ehle's are more likely not to have a carb now, check out EDIT and most of their options don't have carbs. Seems like more trouble to me...

hereatlast,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Yeah it's only the special ones that do. Most people don't want it. I'd never touch anything with a carb. But that's me. GonG chanted all of that for me.

minnesnowta,

SimonC

whosgottheherb said:
Do most EHLE's come with a carb, or do you have a choice?
They can be ordered with or without. Personally, I won't buy a tube without a carb. No carb, no sale. There's just so much more control with a carb.

You know, now that I think about it, it may be even more convenient when using a whip style vape... still though, I think I get some sort of satisfaction removing the whip?
Without a carb, it's difficult to control the rate and the velocity of the airflow as easily. In essence, it makes for a smoother hit.

edit: are those the 100ml on the right in your pic ?
Yes, they are.

Is there any way you could post a pic with it next to a lighter or something for reference? How tall are they I guess is what I'm getting at... haha
I'll see if I can post a pic with a lighter tomorrow.

Simon

SimonC,

SimonC

hereatlast said:
Simon could you post a 250 next to a 100?
Sure, I can take the shot with a 100 and a lighter for scale.

EDIT: whosgottheherb, I think Ehle's are more likely not to have a carb now, check out EDIT and most of their options don't have carbs.
FWIW, many GonG tubes made for the European market have carbs, including Ehles and Roors. The American market, for a reason I could never figure out, doesn't want carbs. As EDIT mostly caters to the US market, they feature tubes without carbs on their site.

Seems like more trouble to me...
It's actually much easier to use and more intuitive with a carb, not to mention controlling the airflow with the precision a carbless tube could never dream of. That's why I only buy glass with carbs. The smoking experience is more pleasant and the chances of a cough-free hit are significantly higher (IME +30 years as a daily smoker).

Simon

SimonC,

mnmlh

SimonC said:
mnmlh said:
Different colors for different occasions, or what?
Some are 14mm and others are 18mm, some have ice notches and others don't. Plus, it's fun to use nice glass. :)

Do you have a 100ml?
I have three.

Simon
I see. I thought those 3 little ones were 250s in your pic. Mine just has a different logo on it.

Here is a pic of my HVY mini beaker and 100ml lined up with each other.
newglass-004.jpg

mnmlh,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Wow!! Really nice lady! I hope you gave her directions to my house :D

Let us know how it works... that glass looks pretty damn cool!!

Lo,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
Two stems of Burmese Kush with this thing....smooothest glass I have so far....I can barely function now....so vaked.

EDIT:

Ok. Coming off of the peak of my high now.

This tube was made by badbackglass. It is a 14 inch stemless straight tube. It has a 24 slit gridded dome diffuser with a marble fused on top of it. The glass is 4mm.

It makes tons of bubbles and there isn't the least bit of drag. I've been used to using bubblers and smaller straights with my vaporizers, and in comparison, this one makes for really cool hits with no coughing. I'm getting a 22 inch tube soon which will be fun to compare with.

I've hit another stem or two and am finally coughing now. I really like this tube. It may be my new daily driver.

quomist,

collegerower

mnmlh,

Did you ever write up a full review/comparison between those two little guys? I would be interested in what you think.

EDIT: Simon, I see no way to e-mail you, so I will try here. Are you selling either 100 or 250's? If so shoot me an e-mail as I might be interested. Thanks!

collegerower,

JJDANK

Simon how much do you want for the 5mm straight tube?

modnote: This is not a buy and sell thread.

JJDANK,

SimonC

picture.php4

picture.php4

As requested, comparative shots of Ehle 100 and 250. I was hoping to upload a shot of an Ehle with my new DBV which is due to arrive today, but FedEx doesn't even have a record of the thing being scanned in town. Figures.

Simon

PS. I'll post the tubes for sale with the prices in the FS thread, once I've met the forum qualifications.

SimonC,

mnmlh

Thanks for posting those Simon. It is hard to tell how big these are from sites that sell them. The 250 has a larger tube and base, which is very difficult to figure out without comparison pics. I think I'm going to get one now.

mnmlh,

the electrician

1002752.jpg

pretty great isnt it. the picture is a scene from a russian childrens story called hedgehog in the fog. the hedgehog is saying "i will drown soon", as he floats downstream (fun fact: when in water hedgehogs enjoy floating on their backs, i think its instinctive but im not a hedgehog expert)

the electrician,

whosgottheherb

aha! thank you simon 4 the pics! Now I know what to expect... I have 1 more question for you guys with EHLE's. I noticed the glass looks VERY thin. Does this mean I would have to be extremely careful or just moderately careful when filling with ice? Looking at the HVY beaker, I am now conptemplaning over these 2...

whosgottheherb,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
the electrician said:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7176/1002752.jpg
pretty great isnt it. the picture is a scene from a russian childrens story called hedgehog in the fog. the hedgehog is saying "i will drown soon", as he floats downstream (fun fact: when in water hedgehogs enjoy floating on their backs, i think its instinctive but im not a hedgehog expert)
Nice cooling system you have there. Thanks for the fun fact, I didn't know that.

What's the hedgehog drowning from?

quomist,

SimonC

whosgottheherb said:
aha! thank you simon 4 the pics! Now I know what to expect... I have 1 more question for you guys with EHLE's. I noticed the glass looks VERY thin. Does this mean I would have to be extremely careful or just moderately careful when filling with ice? Looking at the HVY beaker, I am now conptemplaning over these 2...
The glass isn't really that thin. It's the German equivalent of Pyrex and it's very touch to crack, embarrassingly bad pun somewhat intended. You shouldn't have any worries about filling it with ice. Even though I have several 5mm Ehle tubes, I prefer the thinner Ehles as daily drivers. They're just easier to handle.

Simon

SimonC,

Durden

I am Jack's title
That's the first time I've heard someone say they actually prefer thinner glass (when not referencing 7-9mm pieces) :ko: . I can see how the general size could be more convenient though, depending on the person.

Dont normally see carb holes on tubes around here!

Durden,

SimonC

Durden said:
That's the first time I've heard someone say they actually prefer thinner glass (when not referencing 7-9mm pieces) :rolleyes: . I can see how the general size could be more convenient though, depending on the person.
I'm not sure why you've rolling your eyes. I like to think that after 30+ years of handling a bong and over a million hits later, I have an idea as to what I like. Your choices may differ and that's fine. It's no reason to be rude.

...I don't like being forced to hold a piece in a certain way (which could account for the difficulty in handling the heavier and bigger pieces. :2c: ).
The tubes are cylindrical, ie. round. It doesn't matter how they're held. And, where did the "difficulty" come from? It's a preference like chocolate and vanilla. Is it now my turn to roll my eyes?

Simon

SimonC,

hereatlast

I, like Durden, have never heard that preference but to each his own. Personally I don't think I would've bought my current Ehle had I realized how thin it is, that said, I probably couldn't have afforded a thicker piece at this point.

Simon, I'm not sure the eye-rolling was meant to offend or downplay your perspective or experience. Also he went on to say that the size could contribute to convenience as well as the fact that at these sizes 3mm is fine. As for how they are held, I think Durden is referencing the fact that with the carb you have to put your finger over the hole, not that there isn't a multitude of ways of hitting a carbed bong. I've personally never hit a bong with a carb but I'm sure I could figure it out ;)

Simon, you've got quite the collection there and thanks for the comparative shots, I didn't think the 250 was that much bigger than the 100! glad I went with the former.

hereatlast,
Top Bottom