Customized vape setups

jimbo

winterize
Thanks Nyc!

Pappy, tried really hard to talk the wife into pickin' up that
Toro, it was a no go :( , congrats on the sale :)

jimbo,

Pappy

shmaporist
Nycdeisel said:
and Pappy wheres the micro going? :/ Thats a nice looking piece, cant say about how it hits though, pappy? :cool: :p
Toro hit like dream. Read review above. Look at my collection. One more bent neck mini/micro and I can play chess! :lol:
jimbo said:
Pappy, tried really hard to talk the wife into pickin' up that
Toro, it was a no go :( , congrats on the sale :)
Sold it to a bachelor. ;)

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

which is the Syn piece?(I know the brand I just cant see the labels)

god I suck at timing. Maybe I should just stop posting :p

Nycdeisel,

blackbur

Current Setup.

snp0yc.jpg

Supreme vaporizer with SSFG ashcatcher and ghostcat mouth piece.

Past Setup.

35iotp3.jpg]

Vapor bros Coffee edition hands free with Mini Hvy Beaker Bottem. :lol:

blackbur,
Pappy said:

I know this is a few pages back but one part of the interview struck me as BS.

I used to blow glass, for roughly a year off and on. I grew a serious appreciation for the raw art, talent, and tradition that goes into glassblowing, and I feel a little off hearing Luke talk about Chinese glass. There are many reason why you shouldn't buy a cheap, factory produced piece of Indian or Chinese glass.

Very little American glass is made in a "factory" or production settting. The vast majority of 420-type glass is produced by single or duo type teams in very small scale making extremely personal work under highly sanitary, safe conditions with a professional kiln used to anneal the glass. Glass working produces HIGHLY toxic fumes which needs proper ventilation and set up in order to be carried out safely. No responsible female glass blower would continue working while pregnant for instance, or at the least, would stop working with colored or especially silver/gold fumed glass, which is much more toxic (and less strong, btw) than clear glass. They typically work with American or German glass which is made to very high standards, which pays off on both the blowers' and the consumers' end.

Chinese glass that reaches our shores is almost always produced in a factory setting. Ventilation is poor or nonexistent, pieces are created on a tremendous and completely souless scale with no variety, and designs are regularly, shamelessly stolen from American and European glass blowers who innovate new designs - to the point where they won't post pictures of new designs for fear of having them copied. Not only are the pieces one of millions, but they are one of improperly annealed millions. Made with inferior glass produced from inferior factories by underpaid and badly trained employees, you suffer with a shit product which won't last. Some Eastern European countries are guilty of the same crime.

I didn't realize my 39 dollar or so Vapocane "B" was made in China. The language was very vague and I had to hunt hunt hunt to finally find it in the literature after buying, and the workmanship on the bowl portion forever mars my opinion of the vaporizer, which, in its functioning, is quite nice. I saved roughly 20 bucks over the German blown Vapocane and now suffer everytime I lay eyes on the bowl. A few pieces bought off of grass city show the same - you pay less because you get less - glass is NOT glass as Luke says and he has 20X my experience - he should know that.

...Now I ponder making a glass blowing thread.

charliedontsurf,

Pappy

shmaporist
EonBlue said:
ALT has 15 arm bubs in stock, just picked one up :) pics to follow....
Me too! :lol:
Whispers afoot Pappy flips glass! :uhoh:
So, in keeping with my disreputation, I put my B Wilson 11" Mini Tube -- purchased Xmas Eve -- One of a Kind Prototype -- up for sale on BM. :rolleyes:
Those who've expressed interest can purchase it on FC for $250. ;)
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=111414#p111414

Modnote: Please do not link or advertise items for sale on the forum. The for sale thread is the only place to do so. Thank you.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Which is mine and which is AeonBlue's? I wonder?
And why do 2 have Grunge Off nearby? ALT Beta testing?
167593_181406061899334_100000898258394_420635_2442631_n.jpg

Pappy,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Cool pic! Interesting that their inventory isn't pre-boxed, I envision a sea of glass @ alt , I guess it does insure that it isn't broken before it gets shipped out.

EonBlue,

Pappy

shmaporist
EonBlue said:
Cool pic! Interesting that their inventory isn't pre-boxed, I envision a sea of glass @ alt , I guess it does insure that it isn't broken before it gets shipped out.
Spoke to Rodney @ ALT... Came in yesterday and all went out the door today!

Pappy,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Wow, amazing that they move so fast... I think glass might be one of the few things a person can purchase these days with out a ridiculous drop in value. I imagine I can still get what I paid for most of my glass...screw stocks and bonds :)

EonBlue,

Pappy

shmaporist
EonBlue said:
Wow, amazing that they move so fast... I think glass might be one of the few things a person can purchase these days with out a ridiculous drop in value. I imagine I can still get what I paid for most of my glass...screw stocks and bonds :)
Absolutely as solid -- if not more so -- that the fine art market. If you know what to buy you never have to lose money! It doesn't necessarily have to be SG, Toro, Wilson, or the usual suspects, either. I've acquired quite an education on Boro Market and I still consider myself a novice. Great artists doing incredible things in the glass world.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
Anyone shopping for a worked LW they should be on ALT tomorrow.
166384_180931351946805_100000898258394_418101_4119405_n.jpg

A van full of Illadelph :)
164344_178963595476914_100000898258394_408578_6633806_n.jpg

Pappy,
Top Bottom