Customized vape setups

OC513

Dabaholic
Tstat said:
Thanks for the info on that bubbler. I really like the look of it. It's different than anything I have ever owned. I like that SYN, but that site does not take my card. I dont trust a site that does not work all weekend. So, I think a bubbler would be cool, and it sounds like Aqua Lab is a great site with fast shipping.
go for it tstat.....that is a very well regarded bub by one of the top notch guys in the business.

OC513,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I am def. going to buy that. I just saw some YouTube vids of the bubbler in action, and an interview with Luke Wilson. I really like this piece, and it only slightly more than than $50- $100 budget I promised to stick to, hehe.

I think I'll have to order it tomorrow morning. I can't wait until the sale. I am hoping that I might actually have it by next weekend:)

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Yea, I am def. going to buy that. I just saw some YouTube vids of the bubbler in action, and an interview with Luke Wilson. I really like this piece, and it only slightly more than than $50- $100 budget I promised to stick to, hehe.

I think I'll have to order it tomorrow morning. I can't wait until the sale. I am hoping that I might actually have it by next weekend:)
You may want to consider waiting for the ALT Black Friday Sale next week. Of course there's no assurance they'll be in stock then. ALT always sells out on its popular items sooner or later.

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I saw that they are having 10% off. If it was 20% I might wait, but for $22 more, I'd rather get it sooner. I also thing there will be a bunch of people buying during the sale. It could sell out, or it could take a long time to get it. I know you said that it only took a couple of days to get your new piece- are you on the east coast?

BTW, the guy from chicokush finally emailed me to say that their online merchant account is not working. Oh well, I have moved on!

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
It could sell out, or it could take a long time to get it.
Go for it! I'm not kicking myself either for paying a few $ more on the SG piece. BTW/I live on the west coast.

Pappy,

hereatlast

Very very nice set-up Pappy. Love the lightning fast clear, looks enjoyable to say the least :brow:

Obviously taste has everything to do with the product, but how does that Queenline preserve taste? Either way with a nice milky vapor hit its like a big taste cannon either way, just wondering if you get a different taste from that than you do from your beaker?

Man that thing just purrs, too many pieces of glass calling our names at once it seems. That's a super-fairly priced piece IMO, hopefully I'll be ordering something of that caliber this winter :lol:

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
Very very nice set-up Pappy. Love the lightning fast clear, looks enjoyable to say the least :brow:

Obviously taste has everything to do with the product, but how does that Queenline preserve taste? Either way with a nice milky vapor hit its like a big taste cannon either way, just wondering if you get a different taste from that than you do from your beaker?

Man that thing just purrs, too many pieces of glass calling our names at once it seems. That's a super-fairly priced piece IMO, hopefully I'll be ordering something of that caliber this winter :lol:
Thanks! That Diablo OG is :o!!!!! Taste is much fuller with SG. As you know Ray's 11 slit showerhead diffy is becoming a thing of legend. I believe he models the beaker on Roor. Mine is essentially a sawed off 20" inch. It chugs like an 18 wheeler when I suck in the 50mm bore. The SG purrs like a 24 valve Maserati! Sometimes when I'm sucking the SSFG I feel like it's going to take off -- me with it! That diffy is marvelous!

Re: Taste -- the beaker has so much water and air capacity and the diffy is so efficient that some taste is lost. Proviso: This may be due to the copious amounts of ice I've used in the beaker. I tried ice in the SG but don't feel it's necessary. More experimentation due. I consider the SG a hybrid between a tube and bubbler. I can't wait to see what Glasstafarian dreams up for me! I think his bubblers are up there with Luke Wilson's, maybe even better! :2c: And his 20 slit showerhead diffy is interchangeable with Ray's.

Pappy,

Shiz

Coincidently I've been looking at that SG Stemline for a few weeks Pappy and it's very tempting. http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/678079-glassmans-doll-mini-inline-oiler-5.html#post8751448
I'm on the wait list for the Glassmansdoll mini inline which is like a small version of the stemline. I was curious how these both compare to the SSFG tubes we have in terms of the hit and taste. Thanks for the comparison to your 12". Might get this for Christmas gift from my girl if I can make up my mind soon.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
Coincidently I've been looking at that SG Stemline for a few weeks Pappy and it's very tempting. http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/678079-glassmans-doll-mini-inline-oiler-5.html#post8751448
I'm on the wait list for the Glassmansdoll mini inline which is like a small version of the stemline. I was curious how these both compare to the SSFG tubes we have in terms of the hit and taste. Thanks for the comparison to your 12". Might get this for Christmas gift from my girl if I can make up my mind soon.
Go for it, Shiz! I couldn't be more pleased. The vid on grasscity says it all. The technology and craftsmanship are second to none!

Pappy,

Shiz

^^^I've been researching and reading up on different tubes in the $300 range and I had a lot of questions like the ones you were asking a few pages back about diffusion. The Stemline is still in the running but not sure if I want a piece that big and that diffused as my daily. It looks like it would be insanely smooth for combusting. Still trying to decide.

I notice how much taste is severely lost with my 20" double diffused perc tube VS the SSFG mini beaker with 11 slit diffy. I think you should give the mini a second try Pappy. NYCDeisel recently posted a similar experience with his SSFG mini vs a 12" Stemline and prefers the taste of the mini. The smaller bore, much less water and air all sound like improvements over your description of the action in the 12". Give it another go and compare all 3 if you can. Could be interesting.

Been looking at these too:
OC513 said:
....for now here is a pic of the new bubs that I was told about.....they are made for oil and concentrates but he said it is a perfect piece for vaping as well.....
http://www.itzaglassgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/PA190389.jpg

Made for vaping oil and concentrates = made for vaping anything. Perfect for vapor-bonging and I've been making qwiso now so it's even more perfect for ME. I can't find it priced any where but it's designed from the pillars in the SG Peyote and those are about $700 out of my price range for something like this.

OC513, any idea what these might be going for? If it's in my price range I'd go to the shop this week and get one if possible since my mother lives in West Babylon and Thanksgiving gives me another reason to visit NY if I want.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
've been researching and reading up on different tubes in the $300 range and I had a lot of questions like the ones you were asking a few pages back about diffusion. The Stemline is still in the running but not sure if I want a piece that big and that diffused as my daily. It looks like it would be insanely smooth for combusting. Still trying to decide.
I notice how much taste is severely lost with my 20" double diffused perc tube VS the SSFG mini beaker with 11 slit diffy. I think you should give the mini a second try Pappy. NYCDeisel recently posted a similar experience with his SSFG mini vs a 12" Stemline and prefers the taste of the mini. The smaller bore, much less water and air all sound like improvements over your description of the action in the 12". Give it another go and compare all 3 if you can. Could be interesting.
Sold the mini beaker but used it enough to make an educated comparison. I found the mini constricting compared to the 12" which probably has 3x the capacity. I prefer the 12", no contest! If you like the mini beaker you'll most likely LOVE the Bent Neck. It has a 32mm upper bore, same as the SSFG mini I believe. And don't worry about diffused taste. The Stemline is all about taste retention!

Pappy,

Shiz

This is a tough decision.

BTW, you vapin that qwiso yet or what? I remember back in the etsy thread you guys were rollin your eyes at me.

Shiz,

stinkmeaner

All this talk about Itza lately made me consider buying a piece since people were talking about how Itza glass welds are cleaner than Toro, and on par most others. I recently saw a group of tubes with several varieties and I can say that they look 2nd class compared to Toro or Sovereignty. Check the joint for ripples amd bubbles/

This Itza just came out and they are already up there near the price of more established brands that have a great reputation and fair resale value. I am not knocking anyone that owns one because I am sure some are very clean, but for future buyers check some of the others brands for comparison. With there prices you can find a guy on Etsy to do the same tube for about half?

stinkmeaner,

OC513

Dabaholic
Shiz said:
^^^I've been researching and reading up on different tubes in the $300 range and I had a lot of questions like the ones you were asking a few pages back about diffusion. The Stemline is still in the running but not sure if I want a piece that big and that diffused as my daily. It looks like it would be insanely smooth for combusting. Still trying to decide.

Been looking at these too:
OC513 said:
....for now here is a pic of the new bubs that I was told about.....they are made for oil and concentrates but he said it is a perfect piece for vaping as well.....
http://www.itzaglassgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/PA190389.jpg

Made for vaping oil and concentrates = made for vaping anything. Perfect for vapor-bonging and I've been making qwiso now so it's even more perfect for ME. I can't find it priced any where but it's designed from the pillars in the SG Peyote and those are about $700 out of my price range for something like this.

OC513, any idea what these might be going for? If it's in my price range I'd go to the shop this week and get one if possible since my mother lives in West Babylon and Thanksgiving gives me another reason to visit NY if I want.

Shiz....if I remember correctly they were $225 direct from him. He also makes mini pillars that are a bit bigger (and more expensive) but also small bore tubes.....they are beautiful..........
http://www.itzaglassgallery.com/?page_id=483
Call 516-242-8871 and ask for Steve......you can work it out before you take the trip. Tell him Chris sent ya.....I have sent him about 6 people in the last few weeks and he has hooked them up.
There is also a MINI SG Stemline bent neck......its about 13 inches tall and beautiful.........
https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?p=967278

stinkmeaner said:
All this talk about Itza lately made me consider buying a piece since people were talking about how Itza glass welds are cleaner than Toro, and on par most others. I recently saw a group of tubes with several varieties and I can say that they look 2nd class compared to Toro or Sovereignty. Check the joint for ripples amd bubbles/

This Itza just came out and they are already up there near the price of more established brands that have a great reputation and fair resale value. I am not knocking anyone that owns one because I am sure some are very clean, but for future buyers check some of the others brands for comparison. With there prices you can find a guy on Etsy to do the same tube for about half?
stink.....I can tell you that my joints have zero ripples or bubbles.....completely smooth. You may have seen some of his older work.......his newer stuff is very clean. Hes been around for about 2 years now since leaving Toro. Also the prices for itza in a headshop and his direct pricing are completely different.....like night & day. My piece was about 40% less than what it was priced in headshops. A few friends have Toros and they are nice pieces but completely over priced compared to buying from itza direct. The itza online store should be up soon so people not from NY can buy direct from him. I have never owned nor hit a Sovereignty or a SGW but I have used many of the other "top" names such as Toro, Roor, Sheldon Black and I can say the itza is as nice if not nicer than those and considerably less expensive if you buy direct.

OC513,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
I haven't seen anything on Etsy that's on the same level as Itza TBH. :2c:
I'm talking out of my hat because I haven gotten mine yet, but from everything I've heard and seen Glasstafarian can give the best of the glass blowers a run for their money.
il_570xN.170985066.jpg

Pappy,

hereatlast

Nycdeisel said:
oh really? wait until later and I'll reference some really good blowers on Etsy.

Hope you didn't take offense to my statement? I don't mean to suggest that Etsy doesn't have great blowers or even that it doesn't have Itza caliber blowers, simply I don't feel I've seen them. Admittedly, I haven't done all that much research. The one piece of glass I've gotten from Etsy was exactly what I was after and I was completely happy with my order.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind a nice list of blowers on Etsy; while I'm not currently shopping it might prove useful in the future, and, as per usual, I'm sure others will benefit as well. Thanks.

hereatlast,

2clicker

Observer
hereatlast said:
Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind a nice list of blowers on Etsy; while I'm not currently shopping it might prove useful in the future, and, as per usual, I'm sure others will benefit as well. Thanks.

something like this would be great

maybe a sticky on where to get glass in general... like the retailer thread

good idea

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
the humble custom piece i posted in the homemade vape thread was done by Glass Distortion... contacted them from Etsy

very fast and affordable

extremely easy transaction

2clicker,

stinkmeaner

I just used Etsy as an example not a standard.
My main point it that this Itza guy just left Toro and thinks he can sell a tube for almost the same price as top blowers right off the bat with no reputation, its like 'you build it, they will come' ...I guess that expression is right. $600 for a MINI Pillar, hell Sovereignty sold their full size pillars in the shops for less than $800, give me a break here.

The pillar is not that hard to make for a Scientific blower, have you seen what Sci blowers can do? Everyone loves the Pillar and I am not doubting its functionality, but it shouldn't be that much more than a regular tree perc.

Just look at the pictures in the Itza website, compare a group of the same tubes and you will see the welds and the general joint areas are all different and un-uniform. The sad part is that everyone thinks they are such a good deal because you save 50 bucks when in reality they would be better off buying a SG, Toro, or SGW simply because you can sell them for almost what you paid and you they seem to be more uniform, especially SG.

hereatlast said:
I don't mean to suggest that Etsy doesn't have great blowers or even that it doesn't have Itza caliber blowers, simply I don't feel I've seen them.

Check out DWB glass on Etsy. Look at the past work or ask for more pictures and you will see that his tubes are some of the nicest on Etsy.

stinkmeaner,
Top Bottom