Customized vape setups

quomist

Rock the Casbah
FEAR420, sweet collection. I've always wanted a HOPS peashooter.

Earl, that jophops looks awesome, it reminds me of Pakoh's sandblasting.

quomist,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
man im lovin this camera. my 32 gb sd card showed up today as well and now i am able to store 8700 3872x2592 pictures. a bit excessive but it was cheap. i still need to figure out run this thing all the way.

first a virp stack. only one i was ok with
vripstack.jpg

next pd. im still so amazed how well the pd works with a 17.5" tall bub.
pdstack.jpg

pdstack2.jpg

minnesnowta,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
nice pics minnesnowta! that camera is almost as nice as the glass! i have been drooling over one just like this @ aqualab...

AgentofChaos,

dudu0069

alright guys i went out to a local shop that does glass blowing to see what options i had to get adapters and a water pipe that would work with the extreme. Good news i picked up a new toy and fired it up and it is SEXX!!!! I am not sure what type it is they said like "percolator pipe with forced induction and some shit lol" I saw a lower model without the socalled perc and it was a regular water pipe with ice catcher. I am still using 3 or 4 small ices cubes in the one i bought it it works amazing. You can really see the water jump up and filter it. enough with that here are the pictures i bought the 19mm (18.8) water pipe and i had extra elbows lying around so that is what i am using as a down stem.

CIMG0076.jpg

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

CIMG0070.jpg

CIMG0069.jpg

dudu0069,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
minnesnowta...I am always impressed everytime I see your showerhead bubb in action!

dudu0069...I am sure that is a stemless natural perc'd tube you have.

quomist,

dudu0069

thanks man for the info it is my first decent pipe that is not cheap asian glass they said it was borosilicate glass like a pyrex type glass and it was made by the blow artist in the back. I can put in an order for a custom made one since all this week they are making new glass. i think i will wait and see what else they have do you have any recommendations for a second one i don't think i want to go with a plain one something interesting for round 2. Can you tell me what a fair price for that water pipe was i paid under $100 otd for it with some glass cleaner and tax. The lady behind the counter was clueless and gave me the wrong price and they had to honor it they claimed that it was originally for $160-$170 with stem.

dudu0069,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
dudu0069 said:
thanks man for the info it is my first decent pipe that is not cheap asian glass they said it was borosilicate glass like a pyrex type glass and it was made by the blow artist in the back. I can put in an order for a custom made one since all this week they are making new glass. i think i will wait and see what else they have do you have any recommendations for a second one i don't think i want to go with a plain one something interesting for round 2. Can you tell me what a fair price for that water pipe was i paid under $100 otd for it with some glass cleaner and tax. The lady behind the counter was clueless and gave me the wrong price and they had to honor it they claimed that it was originally for $160-$170 with stem.
Yea, under $100 for that tube is an awesome deal. I've seen tubes like that go for as high as $200. Pyrex/Borosilicate is key since it is harder to break.

For your next purchase, you should look for something with a perc in it. The natural one, just has the smoke bubble through the water to filter but not through any diffusion parts.

This site sells some of the best glass you can find. Check it out to get some ideas of what is out there:

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com

quomist,

Cappella Sistina

Some really ill glass in this thread. Nice job everyone.

<3 That Hops/JOP collab and the build a bubb's are REALLY dope.

Cappella Sistina,

dudu0069

I have been reading more on the stemless versus fixed and i think i would like to try the fixed like you recommend but want one of each since the stemless milks real nice but it does chug and easy to clean so as a daily driver it would be a good tube. I would like a fancy one for the other times when i get tired of the DD. What do you think of this i think something with diffusion and 5 arm perc. I have been reading about adding a diffuser to the stemless one do you know about that as well since i would like to add couple accessories to the existing pipe and maybe put an order to the local shop for a custom made one. Also anything special to keep in mind with a vape for not adding to many diffusion or percs. How is cleaing for pipes when used through a vape i figure the tube will stay pretty clean since the elbow for the vape is what usually gets nasty. Thank for all your help man i appreciate it i hope you are toking as you are replying back :lol:

http://www.glassdistrict.com/forums...247-mgw-stemless-cap-diffuser-5-arm-perc.html

dudu0069,

Cappella Sistina

P.S. I've got a sweet deal on a 5mm Tube with Ash Catcher..if anyone's interested. :) See "for sale thread". :D

Natural Fixed Stem
Height: 21 inches Tall (sizes vary)
14 mm Ice Pinch Slide Included
5 mm Thick Glass

Cappella Sistina,

Cappella Sistina

dudu0069 said:
Can you tell me what a fair price for that water pipe was i paid under $100 otd for it with some glass cleaner and tax. The lady behind the counter was clueless and gave me the wrong price and they had to honor it they claimed that it was originally for $160-$170 with stem.
Based on the description, and pics...I'd say you got a VERY good deal. With out seeing the weld's, hard to say 100% but definetly looks like a solid tube for the price.

Cappella Sistina,

realvapedman

So what would be a better setup?? A vape hooked up to a bubbler like the n3rd Worked Bubblers from Aqualab Technologies some of you guys are posting pics of, or a straight glass tube style bong? Im thinking that I might prefer the bubbler because I like hitting my whip directly, and also I might be able to vape my herbs at a higher temp because I can slow down my draw with better control on a bubbler then I could on a straight tube. What do you guys think? Your input is much appreciated as I am getting ready to fork out some dough on a glass piece for my vape/water setup. Bubbler, or straight tube??

realvapedman,

dudu0069

hey when you say bubbler do you mean this

https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=water-bubbler-vaporizer

i went with a tube with a natural perc and i am looking at a tube with a fixed stem and 5-6arm perc and some diffusion. The stemless will give you no drag but not as much diffusion and the other one will give you lots of filteration but slight bit of resistance. I think it is good to have one of each so you can experience both and each has its benefits. If you are looking for a daily use tube than look at one that is gonna be pretty basic since cleaning will be a breeze. Something with lots of arms or diffusion will end up taking more time and TLC to clean but worth it in the end.

dudu0069,

realvapedman

Can anybody tell me the difference in performance between a Tree Style Down Stem and a Circular Shower Head type. Virtigo Glass makes them both and I want to know which one to get?? I am thinking whichever one leaves less THC in the water and more in the vapor is the one I want.

Input much appreciated!! :D

realvapedman,

aero18

vaporist
realvapedman said:
Can anybody tell me the difference in performance between a Tree Style Down Stem and a Circular Shower Head type. Virtigo Glass makes them both and I want to know which one to get?? I am thinking whichever one leaves less THC in the water and more in the vapor is the one I want.

Input much appreciated!! :D
I like the shower head more since it diffuses a lot better.

aero18,

hereatlast

realvapedman--I'd look back through this thread or another one on this site dedicated to 'fancy water filtration' to learn more about each type. It seems to me both Trees and Showerhead Circulators allow a pretty airy rip which is far from a bad thing but something to consider when purchasing. Either way if its up to those two VG pieces I'd say it's a win-win.

hereatlast,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Made a BIIIIG purchase today. Should get shipped out this week but I'm gonna try to keep the excitement as low as I can till it gets here.

Teaser pic: it'll give it away to all you glass heads :cool:
a7699455.jpg

minnesnowta,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Hehehe I got the matching gridded ac too. Double waffle is a good call, I just don't wanna deal with cleaning a double. Ima whore it out as soon as it shows up

minnesnowta,

quomist

Rock the Casbah
minnesnowta said:
Hehehe I got the matching gridded ac too. Double waffle is a good call, I just don't wanna deal with cleaning a double. Ima whore it out as soon as it shows up
I'm jealous! I went with the double chamber since I've never hit one before. I've always had single percs. I sold my first waffle because I felt it was too airy, but the stemless design for the inv showerhead looks like it would make a killer hit. Like a more powerful inv4.

quomist,
Top Bottom