Customized vape setups

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, well, I'm glad you guys didn't snipe me then. ;)

I've been wanting one of these laydown style heady bubblers for a while, I was gonna get one custom blown for me at some point, but this one looks pretty nice.

I won't be seeing it or the hydratube for a bit though.
I'm getting them sent to fishbone, and he's gonna bundle them up with my custom stuff he's blowing for me once it's all done.

The hydrastand has evolved a bit, it's gonna be a mini chamber with a small stemline in it now :tup:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ilovebOObs

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
The newest HQ piece to my collection.

22" Leviathan BDV Titan Tube water pipe. Its a custom (obviously), from Lev. He knows I prefer tubes, over beakers... so he made me a Titan/Omega kind of. Its 7mm glass, except the downstem knuckle... which is 12mm thick. The upper tube, is a 50mm wall, the flame washed giant titan showerhead is a 70mm wall and the lower tube, is 60mm.

20120803_194553.jpg

20120803_194059.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: t-dub

SD_haze

Oh, it should work. I still remember the science experiment in 4th grade, where we dropped a tooth in a cup of cola. Dissolved it in rather
quick fashion (somewhere between a few days and a week). I'm sure it can handle a cork.
ok, cool :peace: enjoy the Evolver :tup:

Edit: Although . . . an interesting experiment would be a prolonged soak in say carbonic acid (cola) or say phosphoric acid (some colas & toilet bowl cleaners) would be interesting. It would probably reduce the material to a removable, caramelized, sludge before too long ;)

Perhaps diet coke isn't as acidic as regular coke, or maybe there's a more acidic brand of cola, but after two weeks my cork looks almost identical, except I think maybe a small crack formed on one side.

Can anyone recommend a stronger easy-to-get/cheap substance to dissolve this sucker?!

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I was worried about that. The diet uses citric acid and may be weaker. Try regular cola or if you want to buy a purpose built solution you might try Acid Magic, a little safer than say making a concentrated phosphoric acid solution yourself out of toilet bowl cleaner or something . . .

t-dub,

SD_haze

I was worried about that. The diet uses citric acid and may be weaker. Try regular cola or if you want to buy a purpose built solution you might try Acid Magic, a little safer than say making a concentrated phosphoric acid solution yourself out of toilet bowl cleaner or something . . .

Hmm, on my can of diet coke (de-caffeinated) it lists phosphoric acid as the 4th ingredient, but the very last one does say citric acid. But maybe you're saying the regular coke is all phosphoric with no citric, and thus more acidic?

I have a few handyman friends so I'll also see if they have some acid....magic ;)

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Its my understanding that the original is more acidic, but i'm not going to whip out the PH paper and test it cause I don't drink soda any more :) Just be safe with whatever acid or base you find to do this job with. Remember, strong acids and bases will weaken glass over time so the stronger you go I would make the dwell time as short as possible :2c:

Edited to add: Cleaning laboratory glassware

"If the glassware are still dirty, more drastic methods may be needed. This includes soaking the piece in a saturated solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide in an alcohol ("base bath"),[8] followed by a dilute solution of hydrochloric acid ("acid bath") to neutralize the excess base. Sodium hydroxide cleans glass by dissolving a tiny layer of silica[citation needed], to give soluble silicates. Care should be taken using strongly alkaline solutions to clean fritted glassware, as this will degrade the frit over time.
More aggressive methods involving aqua regia (for removing metals from frits), piranha solution and chromic acid (for removing organics), and hydrofluoric acid baths are generally considered unsafe for routine use because of possible explosions and the corrosive/toxic materials involved.[8]"

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm about to cry... we've discovered MW's talent!

I'm so proud, as we all should be.

A little tongue in cheek, Marcellus... but I do really love those .gifs you make! :D

EDIT: damn auto-correct.

Perhaps diet coke isn't as acidic as regular coke, or maybe there's a more acidic brand of cola, but after two weeks my cork looks almost identical, except I think maybe a small crack formed on one side.

Can anyone recommend a stronger easy-to-get/cheap substance to dissolve this sucker?!

I don't think diet cola will work. In fact, you might have to try and get your hands on the Mexico Cokes, which are made with cane sugar still (which is the difference between REAL Classic Coke and the newer "Classic" Coke, which uses corn syrup). Go figure.

Wait... try and get your hands on a white label Pepsi (not diet). They're made with sugar. I believe its the chemical reaction with the acidity in the cola, plus the sugar... that does the breaking down.

As I said above... I believe its a chemical reaction with the sugar, which a lot of soft drinks, don't have anymore.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Nice vid SD, Makes me want my Hydracirc even more :lol:

Given my glass collection is growing rather quickly, I'm trying not to buy anything else for a bit...
Well, I'll at least wait until my stuff from fishbone arrives...

But, as any G.A.S sufferer can attest to, giving up cold turkey aint easy...
So I'm still allowing myself trades :lol:
My apologies in advance for the small pics, but check out this little number that I might be trading my Hitman tube for:

:D
EDIT:
It would be a 2nd generation trade too :lol:
I traded my Mobius Matrix Disc for the Hitman...
Why am I getting a Legend of Zelda trading scheme feeling :lol:

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i've starting to have the itch too, thinking of getting a new oil rig, since the dg didn't pan out the way i wanted it too. thinking of a hitman or a 4.0 right now.

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
i've starting to have the itch too, thinking of getting a new oil rig, since the dg didn't pan out the way i wanted it too. thinking of a hitman or a 4.0 right now.
dunno how much they go for right now but the new hammerhead percs by hitman are really beautiful and function very well. video on their facebook page.

MarcellusWiley,

ilovebOObs

dunno how much they go for right now but the new hammerhead percs by hitman are really beautiful and function very well. video on their facebook page.

i also like how thick the glass is on the bubs for hitman. well my DG is officially sold. time to do some glass shopping :)

ilovebOObs,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
It's a shame the DG didn't end up panning out for you boobs...
My personal thoughts on the blower aside, my 2 DG pieces are right up there on my favorites list.

The trade for the hitman has fallen through :(
The guy wants more $ than I'm willing to add, so I'm keeping the Hitman for now...

EDIT:
If anyone is after a VXC HydraCirc, I just saw one on BM for $150.
https://boromarket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30288

Frederick McGuire,

ilovebOObs

awe sorry the trade fell through, that was a sweet looking piece. i really like the dg as a vaping rig but the size and angle of the small bub made it uncomfortable to vape so i didn't see a good reason to keep it with the mobius around.

i saw the circ too, appears to be an FC member sellin it.

ilovebOObs,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, for the last few days I've been using my Fishbone Space Hammer with my Sovereignty 180 gridded downstem.
:D
It's a little hard to figure out the perfect water level, but it's sweet :)
It's making me even more excited for the other stuff I'm getting from him soon :D

Frederick McGuire,

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
Beautiful piece, OhTheAgony! Can I ask what brand is it, and where did you get it?

Glass like that is hard to come by in Holland!

bleak,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks man :tup:

Yeah, I think I've been looking for a nice bubbler for a year at least already. I was going to order something from the US at first but I kinda wanted something different then the pieces you see on here so often. & then I ran in to this one earlier this year & I just fell for it, even though 'm more in to clear glass normally.

It's made by Torsten Frohlich from Magic Glass Germany (I believe there is also a Chinese devision) from 5mm thick schott duran glass.

I got this trough a well connected forum buddy but I'm not sure if he wants to be known. I think I'm just going to let him reveal himself if he wants to. You can order it through GC as well though. That version doesn't have the slits in the arms btw, those were extra :)

It's fairly small, about 11" from table to top of mouthpiece & has a total volume of 280ml (incl mouthpiece). Here is another photo with my logs for comparison:

minip1020024.jpg

Top Bottom