Customized vape setups

sessnet

Noob Saibot
'cos the inline perc broke itself in half and it's not worth the repair? ;)

How did it happen? I would be pissed. Is it worth contacting the blower himself? He might do you a good deal on a replacement/exchange.

You win a brand new car!!! Lol.. how'd you guess :)

I bought it- used it about 5 times, put it into a padded suitcase where no way it could have recieved a shock. I put it away because I paid so much for it and was scared to break it. I liked it that much...

When I took it out a few days ago to show someone on skype, I heard that dreaded sound of glass being rolled around.

Somehow it happened without me even touching it :/

Do you think ALT would/could actually fix it?

sessnet,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Na, I don't think ALT would help you at all unless it arrived damaged. But it might be worth trying to email BW himself, or his studio or however it works (if you can find any direct contact info- facebook? glass forums?), and explaining your story. Depending on their good will they might be prepared to help you out, like fix it or letting you have another one at trade cost or something. Maybe not, but it wouldn't hurt to try IMO. I'm not sure how well they would take to any implication that the perc was at fault though- from their perspective it has survived trade and retail shipping before meeting its demise.

WatTyler,
Reactions: sessnet

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Yeah man! I can see if I was a clumsy fuck and abused it, but quite the opposite is true.

I held that thing like it was my own child, and every time I set it down on a surface, I made sure it made no noise. I was basically a ninja with it. :ninja:

Then...I was actually treated like a mummy, entombed in styrofoam, suspended in gravity, surrounded by a hard coffin (I used a four pistol case). It was held in captivity like a slumbering demon, never to be touched for 1000 years. :argh:

I will not be recommending any glass built this way, with this kind of perc. This piece is so beautiful, light, small , and works great, but the spontaneous explosion aspect of the perc makes owning this piece a bad idea, and tragedy waiting to happen.

It's nice to look at though.

sessnet,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Crap, that really sucks man.

I hope you'll have some luck with BW himself. From what I saw in a youtube video last week you should be good though. In the interview he said that the most important thing to him about his work was that they are unbreakable, since he started out blowing glass because his mom kept breaking his bongs and he couldn't afford to buy new ones all the time. Just keep him to his word and let him fix this one that failed to live up to his standards or make it right to you in some other way ;)

Good luck man, and keep us posted please.

OhTheAgony,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
That is hilarious man, didn't know that! Thanks - I will try to reach out to him.
I've heard Luke Wilson tell the same story...... plagiarism or sibling memories?

Sorry to hear about you BW, Sess. I've always been cautious with mine, but I don't put it in a case or anything like that. I shake the hell out of it when I'm cleaning it, too. Knock on wood, no problems at all yet for me. Good luck!

:peace:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Of course, just leave it up to me to get my Wilsons mixed up. Sorry for the confusion guys :lol:

OhTheAgony,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ok FC, just purchased my first piece of glass since the 1980's and took my first "moisture conditioned" vape hit. Frederick wanted some better pics of the Zob and its Dewar joint so here you go. Since the joint is too deep for the top piece of my HA I am either going to have to get a rubber plug or adapter/extender to connect the 2 better, but this is working right now. I will try and shoot some video later this week, the action on this thing is great. I guess I am a little old school cause I like a little chug, you can click the pics for full sized images.

ZOB Glass 14" inch Straight with Fixed Flat Disc Downstem

14" Straight features:
  • Three Ice Pinches (for muthafuckin' ice) ;)
  • Slide Joint: 18 mm Female Dewar Joint
  • Slide: 18 mm Male Clear Funnel Slide Included
  • Downstem: Fixed Flat Disc Downstem with Dewar Joint
  • Glass Thickness: 5 mm (I am amazed at how heavy duty this thing feels) :D
  • Tube Diameter: 50 mm
  • Height: 14.25" Inches Tall
  • Base Diameter: 5.00" Inches

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Interesting piece, I never saw a joint like that and/with a fixed downstem like that. Thanks for sharing :tup:

I don't see the disk though, I think we need a video as well :D

OhTheAgony,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I don't see the disk though, I think we need a video as well :D

Is this better? If not I'll post a better one, video on the way next week :)

scaled.php

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Thanks Frederick. The more I use it the more I like it. I found a rubber plumbing grommet, with a hole in the middle, that connects perfectly to the mouthpiece on my ThermoVape. Its amazing how my Revolution with BHO in it can really milk this thing . . . there has also been an amazing string of beautiful coincidences like how it fits perfectly in the fridge or how its the perfect height on the counter etc etc. I think the overall design adds to the strength of the piece as a whole as well.

t-dub,

High Sigh

SG addict
Im liking that zob, just got my recycler in yesterday for oils btw, this thing is the bess knees.

High Sigh,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Thanks High Sigh. Things are starting to come together with a little glass piece I picked up @ my LHS for $12 :) I am diggin the "hands free" aspect of the setup.

zob7.jpg

zob8.jpg

zob9.jpg

Firstly, that's a cool tube! I have never seen a joint like that on a tube. I see that your also are having trouble hooking the ha up to the glass (probably because of the style of the joint). Please go back to your Lhs and buy yourself either a 18mm to 14mm straight adaptor, or a 18mm - 14mm 45' adaptor. Hopefully one of those adapters will give u enough clearance to hook your ha straight to your glass without having to use the whip.

I love the ha because when it's hooked directly to my glass it produces the least amount of drag on the percs when compared to most of my other capes. U can take effortless huge rips!

notmyrealUSERname,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Firstly, that's a cool tube! I have never seen a joint like that on a tube. I see that your also are having trouble hooking the ha up to the glass (probably because of the style of the joint).
Thanks, I love that Dewar joint as well, it makes the overall construction very heavy duty imo, and a nice "grip" at the bottom. Yes you are right, the joint is too deep for the PTFE top of the HA :rolleyes: I do have parts on the way from ALT :) and my neighbor offered to turn a blank of Teflon, on his lathe, into a longer HA top for me if I need one. I am really liking the hands free thing right now.

t-dub,

SD_haze

Thanks, I love that Dewar joint as well, it makes the overall construction very heavy duty imo, and a nice "grip" at the bottom. Yes you are right, the joint is too deep for the PTFE top of the HA :rolleyes: I do have parts on the way from ALT :) and my neighbor offered to turn a blank of Teflon, on his lathe, into a longer HA top for me if I need one. I am really liking the hands free thing right now.

If the whip was cut down shorter (Or you had a shorter one), then you would have the best of both worlds. Hands-free but also minimal drag before it reaches the glass (for easier use and less vapor condensation)
:2c:

SD_haze,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If the whip was cut down shorter (Or you had a shorter one), then you would have the best of both worlds. Hands-free but also minimal drag before it reaches the glass (for easier use and less vapor condensation):2c:
My thoughts exactly SD. Now I just have to decide what size tubing, I think I might increase the inside diameter, or get material that will stretch, so I can mount the tubing over the outside of the HA PTFE tip, if that makes sense . . . actually it doesn't. Think I'll just cut the whip down in size and call it good.

t-dub,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
OK guys, so I got a nice little care package in the mail today :D

My EFS Mayan Blasted Double-Gridded Donut Bent-Neck, and my Toro Microverter, both from Boromarket (and both purchased for well under retail :tup:)

I was having a look on BM, and there was an EFS piece that looked identical for $450 before the sale, I nabbed it for $285 including shipping :D

I had a look into Toro Microverters and they seem to retail for around $375, I got mine for $275 + Shipping

EFS Mayan Blasted Double-Gridded Donut Bent-Neck:

TORO Microverter:

The Toro can stack to the top of the can easily, and the EFS can do pretty well too.
I haven't had a chance to break them in yet, but I look forward to the experimenting :brow: :cool:
expect some vids to come.

EDIT:
just in case you thought that settled my glass fever, here's the thread title of what I'm currently bidding on:
Super Rare Luke Wilson 15 arm-15 arm Double Bubbler
:cool:

Top Bottom