Customized vape setups

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
New wand arrived last night. Completely changed the game. Hits like a champ now with no need for extra diffusion. Running straight through the vapor tamer into the inline and loving it.

Nycdeisel said:
it seems your rigged wand deal is needing the dragged flow from the acs in order to work properly.

Get another wand and try the tube the tube by itself and let me know how that works :)

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Have you guys seen any work by EGI Glass? Their pieces are all 7mm thick! They claim to be from Philly but according to other forums it turns out their chinese made for a design company here in the US. For the most part their stuff looks good, ive seen some bubbles and slight imperfections but their prices are unbeatable. I just saw a 22" straight tube with 4 showerheads each on different arms for 280 bucks. I bought a beaker from them which is actually 9mm thick with a diffused downstem for 100. Its really not bad at all and at that thickness it should stand up to a fall.

2011-12-08_23-53-23_165.jpg

Perfect Marriage!

Pappy said:
@ Tstat > nice collection, bro
@ Skoll > I agree, Moby makes thick tubes - 5mm minimum.

mvapes,

Pappy

shmaporist
Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well I ordered the Philpot with the 4 hole diffusion. This is my first order with Hogh Priority...

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Well I ordered the Philpot with the 4 hole diffusion. This is my first order with Hogh Priority...
High Priority owns Goosefire Gallery and are friends of mine. Each Mike Philpot is a piece of art, I now you'll enjoy. :)

Pappy,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
I picked up the perfect replacement for my vertigo today (finally). Had to upgrade a tad but I'm super excited to get my new mobius maxtrix ion bubbler. Probably won't get it until after Xmas now but what can ya do, my fault bc I can't make up my mind. I must say, ALT did not have very good customer service b4 I made my purchases, they usually didn't respond to my questions at all. However they couldn't have been better during the long process of me returning my vertigo and picking a replacement, I was constantly asking questions and dropping a lot of "never mind, maybe ill pick one tomorrow." Anyways I'm getting a little long winded here (long night shift) just wanted to give u guys a little heads up on ALTs customer service

Mr. Smoke No More,

beatadrum

Mr. Smoke No More said:
I picked up the perfect replacement for my vertigo today (finally). Had to upgrade a tad but I'm super excited to get my new mobius maxtrix ion bubbler. Probably won't get it until after Xmas now but what can ya do, my fault bc I can't make up my mind. I must say, ALT did not have very good customer service b4 I made my purchases, they usually didn't respond to my questions at all. However they couldn't have been better during the long process of me returning my vertigo and picking a replacement, I was constantly asking questions and dropping a lot of "never mind, maybe ill pick one tomorrow." Anyways I'm getting a little long winded here (long night shift) just wanted to give u guys a little heads up on ALTs customer service

Let me know how that works through a vape for you. I want this exact piece for my EQ

beatadrum,

Pappy

shmaporist
Mr. Smoke No More said:
Great choice Mr. S! Being a Moby it'll prolly arrive in pristine condition.
@ aero > Ion is less airy.

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Philpot came today. It's so cute- but I don't know what to do with it! The stem is too small for a 14mm adapter. Is there a small reducer that goes from whatever tiny size hole that is to a 14mm?

Tstat,

Bouldorado

Tstat said:
Philpot came today. It's so cute- but I don't know what to do with it! The stem is too small for a 14mm adapter. Is there a small reducer that goes from whatever tiny size hole that is to a 14mm?

never seen a philpot, but if the stem is fairly close in size to 14 mm, you could just wrap it w/ enough tape to give it a snug fit. crude, but it would work.

Bouldorado,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Mine is perfect 14mm. I'm guessing yours is a 10mm... What's you get Tstat, what kind of diffusion? Tried to warn you a few days ago when I check them out...
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=174778#p174778

Pappy,

Bouldorado

lol. I thought you were trying to fit a smaller stem into a 14 mm joint until I clicked Pappy's link. Never even seen a 9mm gong joint, much less an adapter. you might be able to find an adapter that's meant for actual scientific glass, so maybe try looking on laboratory supply websites

Bouldorado,

hereatlast

Tstat, was the piece advertised as 14mm? The 10mm size has become more popular recently with the proliferation of concentrate rigs. Adapters are certainly available though I have to say, having a 10mm when all your tools are 14mm+ probably isn't ideal.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Itza has pumped some 10mm adapters out since their Nano series took off. Not sure where else to look but I'm sure they're out there.

hereatlast,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
As pappy said, I went with the ion simply bc of the smaller volume. Taste preservation is probably my main concern with water filtration, although I won't settle for no diffusion to achieve this. tstat I don't want to see any pics of u using your philpot with a tape adaptor :ko: sounds like some jabrone from highschool rigging up a bucket eww :( But its neat to see they are using 10mm joints never seen this b4 on a bong, never knew itsa was usuing them with their micros.

Mr. Smoke No More,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Wow, I guess it's now a x-mas gift for my son. I love how small it is, but never would have thought the joint would be so small!

Tstat,

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
Mr. Smoke No More, excellent choice getting the Mbius Ion! I have only owned my Mobius Nano for three weeks, but it has been my favorite piece since it arrived. After buying the Nano w/Matrix, i have decided i need to have a good selection of Mobius's smaller offerings to make up the backbone of my collection; I like his work that much. For some reason half of my collection although similarly priced looks a step below in terms of overall quality. The Nano's glass looks almost more clear than the other pieces, as well as having zero flaws, plus several sand blasted logos. Not to be overly critical, but a great example is my HVY Inline Tube which rocks ever so slightly. Not enough to feel good about returning, but enough to make me want to replace it, go figure?

My only bitch is I had grand plans of buying an "Ion" and a "clear"; but I must have been asleep at the wheel to miss the bubblers I wanted for Christmas :) So, I had to settle for my third choice and buy the last Mbius "Clear" w/ Reti perc that ALT had in stock...

If I have any cash left after buying the wife her Christmas presents, I may not be able to resist buying one of the DC mini 10arm straight tubes ALT has in stock; I don't care for the colored/worked downstem, but I have no shortage of downstems I can use. These tubes appear to be slightly shorter than the Nano, but much narrower.
Can anyone comment on the quality and consistency compared to Mbius? I am torn between that DC mini tube, the Syn micro shower head bent neck tube, and/or a Nano w/zero drag perc; all currently in stock st ALT...
Not to mention I still want to find a small gridded Inline tube, like a Sov 65mm v-6 stemline, I think I prefer the upward facing gridded versus downward facing? I tried to buy a 65mm v-6 stemline the last time they popped up; but my Visa card put a fraud alert hold on my account and hadn't bothered to tell me. So when I tried to pay for the stemline I sniped, the card was declined and by the time I called the bank to let them know I was indeed ordering items from Canada,LA, and Sf at the same time, the piece was gone...

Sorry for another novel, I have been "testing" my new Oracle this morning and I am happily
Medicated; probably obvious from the rambling...

Ps... To make a long story endless, here is my experience with Vertigo:
I bought this during the last ALT sale, a Vertigo 65/50 mini inline 2 shower head tube is right up their with the Nano; the only detracting qualities are the overpowering logos and the logos are not sand blasted like Mbius does. Functionally and aesthetically this Vertigo piece is probably my most versatile tube in the collection. Very low drag, excellent diffusion, perfect size for me at 10"total, easy to fill/clean, very wide base, and overall a very nice tube.

Okay, pictures of my recently received Oracle connected to something, maybe SGW waffle or HVY 14" inline. Unless anyone has any requests for close-ups or more pics of a particular piece they want to see more of.

Hound out

Canna Hound,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
On a friends advice I tried vaping last night (Da Buddha)and running through my bong with the vapor tamer (fatty)and NO water. I gotta say, I got ripped! WTF is up with that?

On a side note, if anyone here is into books I recommend the cannibible - in book one it talks about the art of vaporazation and he too mentions not using water as a filter or cooler as it will remove a chunk of the THC. CBD's would not be effected nor will CBN's as it is technically a bi-product of spent THC.

What are you guys doing or what are your feelings on this?

mvapes,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
^. Thc is considered a non-polar molecule which means that it's not bondable with water which is a polar molecule. Thc will not dissolve in water - in other words there won't be any significant (measurable) thc in your Bong water!

Look into bubble hash - they use cold waterand mechanical agitation to free the thc filled glands from the plant, precisely because the water can evaporate and leave all good stuff behind.

Look into tinctures - they use alcohol, if you want to cook with thc you need a high fat content liquid such as butter or oil to absorb the thc. Water will not absorb thc!

notmyrealUSERname,
Top Bottom