1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Crafty Battery Packs for Easy Replacement

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by JCat, Feb 11, 2018.

1. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

I have custom Crafty Battery Packs available for easy replacement of your battery pack. I started this project as I felt there should be an easy replacement available, that didn't require shipping your vaporizer back, especially for those of us with a vaporizer out of warranty.

[​IMG]

These battery packs come ready to install with a pre-soldered wiring harness that meets or exceeds the specifications of the original. These are perfect for those of you that don't want to spend the time, don't have the tools, or simply aren't comfortable enough, to de-solder and re-solder the wiring harness from the original battery to a new one.

[​IMG]

I've also sourced appropriate name brand cells with tabs for optimal performance based on others feedback in this forum, which guided my research (thanks @Vambo1980 for pointing me towards the Sony VTC6 3120mAh cell and for other inspiration and for answering my questions :)) The wire used for the harness is silver plated and rated for high current and low temperature operation.

I'm selling these packs for $40 USD + shipping.

The following are the instructions for installing your battery pack:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=86810894404720024755&t=8681089440472002475535962

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments!
    JCat

mucsusn, lazylathe, biohacker and 9 others like this.
  2. JCat

FYI - Based on my calculations using the specifications for the stock Panasonic NCR18650PF battery vs. the Sony VTC6 (found on the online e-cigarette forum, https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com), one will get approximately 15% increased performance over the stock battery. This is not an inflated claim but rather one based on the actual performance of the 2 cells in a real world situation such as this.

Edit: I did look at using some of the 3,500mAh cells on the market, as I'm sure that is what is in the newer Crafty to claim 20% more battery life; I could alternately use the Panasonic NCR18650GA cells, with 3,300mAh capacity and a nominal voltage of 3.6v; however, the Sony VTC6 cell, with it's nominal voltage of 3.7v, although having ~5% less overall capacity than the NCR18650GA, performs better throughout it's discharge and so you are sacrificing a very slight length of runtime for better performance and heat-up/recovery times during use, especially as the battery depletes.

Cheers!
    JCat

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  3. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

@JCat ,

sweet idea. I'm not a Crafty owner but this makes it really nice for them!

biohacker and JCat like this.
  4. JCat

Thanks!

biohacker, Vap O matic and MinnBobber like this.
  5. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Great mod!
    Sorry for my dumb questions, I'm new to this device but will probably get a Mighty the next months, but does it only fit to the Plenty or does the Mighty have the same batts?

JCat likes this.
  6. JCat

Mighty has 2 batteries vs 1. I’m not sure how exactly they are wired though. I’d have to open one to have a look.

I would imagine it’s the same connectors and batteries though ...

I traded my Mighty for a FF2 a while back though!

I think the Mighty batteries tend to last longer as well as being a 2 pack they don’t get pushed as hard since the 2 devices pull about the same current

Hogni and biohacker like this.
  7. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Same here, but have to say nice work buddy! :tup: "Accessory Maker" Status! Soon you'll be building your own vape dude! :nod: Man, if you only you @lazylathe and I lived in closer proximity we would make it happen i'm sure! :lol:

lazylathe and JCat like this.
  8. Slagzord

Slagzord Don't fuckle with shuckle

We shall be in touch soon, I reckon, @JCat. Us Ont Ents gotta work together.

JCat likes this.
  9. HindelangGG

HindelangGG Member

Man you are all over the place really nice that you make so much different mods for the vaporizers we love. Probs for you my man :clap:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors