Custom 3D printed Widgets - Delta 3D Studios

MinnBobber

Grinder Funnel Review:
I think our Ratchett is having fun doing a long distance move (yuck) but I got my latest order from him and wanted to do a review on the funnel.
- It's designed to mate to the SCS small (2.1") shredder.
- It's very flexible so it mates to grinders much bigger and smaller.
- Also works well as a misc bud funnel, pour into from any grinder, finger pull a few pinches from your buds into the funnel, or my new favorite-- with a tweezer, pull tiny tiny nugs and drop into funnel.

FYI, I'd call this version V.2 and it is a much better design (complex contour of the funnel) vs V.1
V.2 surface is also much better as V.1 had shallow casting ridges that impeded the flow.

Flexible enough for bigger JyARZ and squeezed down for Classic ( he also makes smaller funnel designed for Classic)
3D%20funnel.jpg

Nice inexpensive piece to have at your vape station

IMG_0229__21763.1433116418.100.100.JPG

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Just a big shout out of appreciation to Delta 3 and FC's @Ratchett

I decided to take advantage of his free ship promo during the studio relocation and pick up two Grasshopper battery sleeves and a DoobTube (for a buck what the heck, never owned one).

Not only did it arrive today, much faster than I expected, but the package had a surprise in it. I won't say what it is, just that it is greatly appreciated.

Delta 3 deserves all of FC's support, not because he's a great site member, but because he provides a valuable and unique service to us all and seems eternally patient with everyone's ideas and suggestions. He makes (or tries to make) almost anything you guys ask for!

Now if I can just get my GH to use with my new toys. :disgust: Any day now, I'm sure....

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Happy New Years Eve all!

I'm back online and getting settled into my new studio. Can't wait to get some pictures of my new 3D printing racks when they're finished (built them big enough to handle larger printers which I'll be using in the near future).

I know a lot of you are waiting on orders, and I promise I'm working as hard as possible to get the studio setup and manufacturing/processing orders over the next week. I'll probably be extending my Shipping coupon codes for another week or two while I play catchup.

Grinder Funnel Review:
I think our Ratchett is having fun doing a long distance move (yuck) but I got my latest order from him and wanted to do a review on the funnel.
- It's designed to mate to the SCS small (2.1") shredder.
- It's very flexible so it mates to grinders much bigger and smaller.
- Also works well as a misc bud funnel, pour into from any grinder, finger pull a few pinches from your buds into the funnel, or my new favorite-- with a tweezer, pull tiny tiny nugs and drop into funnel.

FYI, I'd call this version V.2 and it is a much better design (complex contour of the funnel) vs V.1
V.2 surface is also much better as V.1 had shallow casting ridges that impeded the flow.

Flexible enough for bigger JyARZ and squeezed down for Classic ( he also makes smaller funnel designed for Classic)
3D%20funnel.jpg

Nice inexpensive piece to have at your vape station

IMG_0229__21763.1433116418.100.100.JPG
Woot! Glad to hear you like the new and improved versions much better. Again, I encourage everyone to please feel free to give me your brutally honest feedback on my inventions (both good and bad feedback!). Without your input, I can't improve the designs.

Just a big shout out of appreciation to Delta 3 and FC's @Ratchett

I decided to take advantage of his free ship promo during the studio relocation and pick up two Grasshopper battery sleeves and a DoobTube (for a buck what the heck, never owned one).

Not only did it arrive today, much faster than I expected, but the package had a surprise in it. I won't say what it is, just that it is greatly appreciated.

Delta 3 deserves all of FC's support, not because he's a great site member, but because he provides a valuable and unique service to us all and seems eternally patient with everyone's ideas and suggestions. He makes (or tries to make) almost anything you guys ask for!

Now if I can just get my GH to use with my new toys. :disgust: Any day now, I'm sure....

:rockon: Haha Indeed I tried to ship as many orders as possible, literally shipping orders until 12 hours before we locked up the rental truck and started driving south.

3D printing ignited a passion I had long lost, it's an honor and a pleasure to have the opportunity to run Delta 3D Studios. Today starts a new chapter for D3DS - 2015 was an exciting year. 2016 is going to be epic!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Happy New Years Eve all!

I'm back online and getting settled into my new studio. Can't wait to get some pictures of my new 3D printing racks when they're finished (built them big enough to handle larger printers which I'll be using in the near future).

I know a lot of you are waiting on orders, and I promise I'm working as hard as possible to get the studio setup and manufacturing/processing orders over the next week. I'll probably be extending my Shipping coupon codes for another week or two while I play catchup.

Woot! Glad to hear you like the new and improved versions much better. Again, I encourage everyone to please feel free to give me your brutally honest feedback on my inventions (both good and bad feedback!). Without your input, I can't improve the designs.

:rockon: Haha Indeed I tried to ship as many orders as possible, literally shipping orders until 12 hours before we locked up the rental truck and started driving south.

3D printing ignited a passion I had long lost, it's an honor and a pleasure to have the opportunity to run Delta 3D Studios. Today starts a new chapter for D3DS - 2015 was an exciting year. 2016 is going to be epic!!

Woooooooooo! Happy new year Ratch!

New year, new home, new job (ish), new life, so much new, wishing you the best brother!

Glad everything went smoothly and hope it continues to do so (not surprised you were still shipping up til the last second, such dedication!!!). Onwards and upwards!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I just saw this video about a new breakthrough in 3D printing of high temp ceramics. The potential for this technology for use in vaporizers is intriguing to say the least.:science:

:peace:

I love it! I've tried using 3D printed ceramic before, but had problems with accuracy (finished products would be off by 1+ mm from model specs).

This technology however seems far more precise than my last experiments. Of course, I'm sure the price is extremely high for printing in such an exotic material, although hopefully the price will fall as the accessibility to this technology increases.

I'm still waiting until I have access to a glass 3D printer capable of printing borosilicite

herbivore21

I just saw this video about a new breakthrough in 3D printing of high temp ceramics. The potential for this technology for use in vaporizers is intriguing to say the least.:science:

This is amazing. I will probably buy myself a machine capable of this in the not too distant future as that kind of shape and composition (almost like a fine ceramic screen) is going to have untold applications for full melt dabs!

Nice find Stu!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
This is amazing. I will probably buy myself a machine capable of this in the not too distant future as that kind of shape and composition (almost like a fine ceramic screen) is going to have untold applications for full melt dabs!

Nice find Stu!

When the time comes, let me know and I have the capability of generating patterns with precision down into the nano-molecular level, we could experiment with various size and shapes in the screen to determine the most efficient design

virtualpurple

Its funny, I love getting new vapes, but a big part of that excitement now is seeing what @Ratchett is able to come up with to improve those vapes. I still think that Ratchett's Song 2.0 for the Herbalizer improves it 1000% and that every Herbie owner should have one.

You know Ratchett, I found my original SONG and think that in places I get a more snug fit with the initial taper design. How simple is it for you to pop that original taper design onto the extended sleeve of the SONG 2.0?

I was also wondering if I mailed you my Herbie bowl and a EVO ELB or a Minivap screen if we could work together and create a song that incorporates the bottom bowl of the Herbie (since it connects magnetically to the herbie device, but had extra silicone to fit around the other bowls more snugly so that I could leave out the top part of the Herbie bowl entirely.

As it is, I just stick my whip coupler into your silicone, so I really think that it could be done. I know that @MinnBobber leaves out the bowl and just uses the song 1.0 and the minivap screen, but I think that still incorporating the bottom portion of the herbie bowl would allow it to be more hands free. And I like that idea.

What do you say man? Can you make my ideas into reality yet again?

MinnBobber

As it is, I just stick my whip coupler into your silicone, so I really think that it could be done. I know that @MinnBobber leaves out the bowl and just uses the song 1.0 and the minivap screen, but I think that still incorporating the bottom portion of the herbie bowl would allow it to be more hands free. And I like that idea.
Herbie Song:
I usually use the Herbie, "open face", Always with only the bottom Herbie magnetic bowl. Slip in a miniVAP Flexicone basket module, hydratube on top and voila-- simple, fast, direct, and nice cool moist vapor.

@Ratchett Song V1 and Song V2 pictured below. V1 has shorter side skirt, V2 the longer side skirt.
If you use the full Herbie bowl (bottom and top), the V2 fits MUCH better with the longer side skirt.

I have shared with Ratchett that an "in between length" side skirt would fit perfectly, using an open face method of just the bottom bowl, Flexicone, & Song. NOTE: the V1 is a little too short to attach open face with the Flexicone inserted. The V2 side skirt is a little too long to attach open face as it can't be pushed down far enough to snug the Flexicone into the bowl.
Like Goldilocks, we need a "just right" Song--- with an in-between length Song side skirt.
With such, you could use the Song open face style AND it would be a much firmer connection: probably allow hands free use of a balanced Hydratube.

My minimal method is sort of hands free--- HT balances pretty well directly onto Flexicone BUT I don't trust it sitting there for any length of time without a hand nearby :)

Herbie%202%20Songs.jpg

Herbie%20Songs%20HT.jpg

With this method I never have to clean the Herbie bottom bowl, never have to clean the Herbie top bowl as I never have even used it. Flexicone basket contains all the herb. I never have to remove the hot Herbie bowl --just grab the Flexicone module and dump/refill. I can pre-pack Flexicone modules as I have several. I can switch mid-session between the miniVAP and Herbie. I include a thin hemp fiber filter in the Flexicone which keeps my glass 5X cleaner and the reclaim is much more pure without tiny herb pieces that previously got sucked out of the bowl.

MinnBobber

@Ratchett ,
will this work and miniVAP baskets and Arizer baskets which I find interchangeable?
It looks like it works on multiple depth baskets, they just need to have a basket diameter and lip flange that fits.

IMG_7300__58729.1452808766.380.380.JPG

It looks great as an alternative to your 3D funnel and holding the basket freehand.

Anyone have a miniVAP basket and VapeXhale ELB to compare?
Would the miniVAP basket fit your VXL and thus almost certainly work with this piece?
Thanks

virtualpurple

I have the minivap basket (bought it for your Herbie mod), and I do have some ELBs. I am out of town until the 18th and will compare when I get home. However, I believe that the Minivap baskets are wider than the Cloud EVO baskets.

Mulehead

They're the same diameter on the ring, but the screen is slightly bigger maybe?
It would be very close, but I think it would work? My MV basket fits tight in EVO.
I use the ELB lid for micro dosing in the MV.
@MinnBobber it amazes me all the different ways you come up with, to use your devices/accessories!

@Ratchett
What about a straw method for loading ELB's?
I think the correct size of silicone tube would probably work, but might be another loading option for you to tinker with? I know it's the easiest way to load my vapes that have stems.

Last edited:
Mulehead,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Dang you guys are fast! Hahaha. As some of you may have noticed, I am getting my studio back up and running and have now begun inventing more products. I've got two more products to release, but here's what I've got so far...

First up, my favorite - the ELB Loading Tool

IMG_7300__58729.1452808766.1280.1280.JPG

This two part tool was made to hold an ELB while you load it. It was a special request by several fellow FC members, and I'm quite impressed with how well it turned out.

Next up, is the 18mm Male Loading Funnel
IMG_7309__25365.1452809462.1280.1280.JPG

Just another option for those of you who want to load the ELB while it's inserted into the male fitting (this funnel also works for vapes like the LSV's dry wand)

I'm also trying to modify the Herbalizer adapter and release a v3 edition per your requests and other feedback I've received, but it will be a few weeks before I can release that. Right now I'm still trying to catch up on silicone orders! Thank you everyone for your patience, I know some of you have been waiting a while on your order. I promise I'm working as hard as possible to manufacture more silicone adapters!

@Ratchett ,
will this work and miniVAP baskets and Arizer baskets which I find interchangeable?
It looks like it works on multiple depth baskets, they just need to have a basket diameter and lip flange that fits.

IMG_7300__58729.1452808766.380.380.JPG

It looks great as an alternative to your 3D funnel and holding the basket freehand.

Anyone have a miniVAP basket and VapeXhale ELB to compare?
Would the miniVAP basket fit your VXL and thus almost certainly work with this piece?
Thanks

Unfortunately I don't have a MiniVAP basket to test the fit. Of course if someone has a spare basket to send me, I can test the fit and either modify this design or make a new version if necessary.

@Ratchett
What about a straw method for loading ELB's?
I think the correct size of silicone tube would probably work, but might be another loading option for you to tinker with? I know it's the easiest way to load my vapes that have stems.
Forgive me, but what is the straw method? Just using the stem as a straw? I tried that method to suck up herbs for my E-Nano and found it tended to clog the screens and negatively affect performance of my convection vapes (hence why I use my Scoop-N-Stir tool when loading my convection vapes - to achieve a nice light fluffy load which produces a great flavor in my Nano (and fast extraction)

MinnBobber

They're the same diameter on the ring, but the screen is slightly bigger maybe?
It would be very close, but I think it would work? My MV basket fits tight in EVO.
I use the ELB lid for micro dosing in the MV.
@MinnBobber it amazes me all the different ways you come up with, to use your devices/accessories!
@Mulehead ,
Thanks for the info on the baskets---so miniVAP baskets might work but sounds like it will be close though??
@virtualpurple will be able to do a definitive test in a few days so that will be great to know if the ELB loader will work with miniVAP baskets as is---or if a tweak is needed.

I'm also trying to modify the Herbalizer adapter and release a v3 edition per your requests and other feedback I've received, but it will be a few weeks before I can release that

Would this be a version with an "in-between length" side skirt? Original V1 side skirt is too short to work on open face Herbie bowl (just bottom bowl) with miniVAP Flexicone module and V2 is too long as it bottoms out on Herbie body before snugging up mV Flexicone.

Mulehead,
I'm also working on another tool to use the mV Flexicone on the Herbie, miniVAP, Mighty/Crafty and others as I love the Flexicone :)

caphector

Could you do something similar to make it easier to load log vape stems? A funnel that fits over the top of the stem could be helpful.

caphector,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
IMO log vape stems are the easiest to load already. I thought everyone used the strawsuck method.:shrug:

Nope, Stopped using the strawsuck method about a year ago - clogged up my Nano's screens too fast and reduced airflow through herbs too much (created a more roasted flavor than I wanted - these days I use my Scoop-N-Stir tool and load one loose scoop in my E-Nano's stem to get a nice flavorful rip just the way I like it)

Also @Ratchett has these available http://delta3dstudios.com/scoop-n-poke-vape-tool/ that I found I can load a log stem with if I'm not using the straw method. Very useful little tool to own for ALL my portables and home desktop units!

What kinda log? I could possibly make a funnel of sorts to rest over the stem

MinnBobber

Just read this whole thread. Looking forward to my Herbalizer Song--from all accounts it's a game changer for the vape, and I can't wait to dispense with the whip :D
You'll love having new options.
With your new Herbalizer Song, what are you going to use?
Hydratube?
Long glass mouthpiece?

Top Bottom