Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapking, What I mean is, within the UK you get a standard 12months guarantee/warranty on such items, and those two fucking pieces of shit didn't even make that! That's what I fucking mean!:rant: (btw that rant is not aimed at you, its aimed at S & B!)

I know you mean well, and I respect the intention I honestly and sincerely do, but I live in the now, and right now I've got Jack Shit, in terms of portables! That's not the bright side not by a long stretch!:doh:
It's times like this when you realise that Corporations fucking SUCK!!:disgust:

I am just saying:sherlock:

:leaf: Peace
If there was almost two weeks between the failures of your Mighty and Crafty, sounds like you could have gotten on top of returning the first one, and maybe you wouldn't be missing out?

You don't have to look at any bright side if you choose not to.
I've had four Crafty's and a Mighty, all on the same ticket, but I don't curse them or the maker when they break 'cause by now I know it means a new one is on the horizon.

Maybe just meditate on your signature for a minute or two? :\

vapviking,

Trypsy Summers

If there was almost two weeks between the failures of your Mighty and Crafty, sounds like you could have gotten on top of returning the first one, and maybe you wouldn't be missing out?

You don't have to look at any bright side if you choose not to.
I've had four Crafty's and a Mighty, all on the same ticket, but I don't curse them or the maker when they break 'cause by now I know it means a new one is on the horizon.

Maybe just meditate on your signature for a minute or two? :\
I had already returned the Mighty (its apparently in Germany) 2 weeks ago and the Crafty went Kaput on me the other day! So I'm lost at what point you're making!
Being in the now, its kinda hard to look at a bright side -when their ain't one! Its kinda like O Brien asking me how many fingers do I see? Btw the answer to that is (1)!

Meditating on my signature, yeah why not? That's a great idea! With some luck it might start to taste like GSC, if I do it long enough!!!

Please carry on enjoying your day! Cos it really sounds like you're doing better than me!

:leaf:

Last edited:
Trypsy Summers,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I had already returned the Mighty (its apparently in Germany) 2 weeks ago and the Crafty went Kaput on me the other day! So I'm lost at what point you're making!
Being in the now, its kinda hard to look at a bright side -when their ain't one! Its kinda like O Brien asking me how many fingers do I see? Btw the answer to that is (1)!

Meditating on my signature, yeah why not? That's a great idea! With some luck it might start to taste like GSC, if I do it long enough!!!

Please carry on enjoying your day! Cos it really sounds like you're doing better than me!

":leaf: Peace" is the signature I was referring to, not the GSC graphic.
Interesting that, for me, living in the now is the path I try to follow to keep from being dragged down by the world around me.

Sorry for off-topic and if too deep a swim in the pool. Now back to the shallow end, No Diving, and definitely No Kayaking!

I really do hope for speedy recovery of your vapes. ;)

vapviking,

Trypsy Summers

Interesting that, for me, living in the now is the path I try to follow to keep from being dragged down by the world around me.

Sorry for off-topic and if too deep a swim in the pool. Now back to the shallow end, No Diving, and definitely No Kayaking!

Ya know what? Ya just gotta smile, thanks for reminding me!
Ps Thanks for the like and for your kind understanding, at my annoyance at S & B, and the fact I cannot vape whilst out on my country walk!

Last edited:
Trypsy Summers,
Reactions: vapviking

ktmstick

Ya know what? Ya just gotta smile, thanks for reminding me!
Ps Thanks for the like and for your kind understanding, at my annoyance at S & B, and the fact I cannot vape whilst out on my country walk!

That was really great to see guys! Too many times you see minor things get blown into pathetic slagging matches on forums. Well done lads!

Vape on!

Michel

Crafty number 4 crapted out at 144 hours of use. Good thing to, because my warranty will expire at the end of the year.

I will start to excessive use my 4th
Crafty. :rockon:My warranty will end in December too. :lol: 131 hours on the clock!

I'm in the same boat, currently I have 164 hours on my 2nd replacement and the warranty period ends in December, too!
My goal is to achieve 200 hours before it dies but the battery doesnt hold a charge for no more than 2 bowls.
Luckily I still have a mighty (after its 3rd RMA)

droog77

Hey everybody. I just wanted to report on my warranty experience so far.

I had a Crafty I purchased in Dec. 2014. (Original fw version, I think). The battery life had dropped to about 15 minutes per charge, and I was getting a message, via the app, that the battery temperature was too high. This was happening with every use. I had about 65 hours on the unit.

So, with just two months remaining on the warranty, I decided it was time to send it in. I requested and received an RMA, and mailed it to SB America last week. I live in Canada, so it took a week to get to Oakland. I finally receive notification, via Canada Post tracking, that my unit was delivered yesterday, at 12:23pm. Much to my delight, my RMA status was updated at 2:01pm, to say that my unit had been repaired or replaced, and that I'd receive a tracking number once it had shipped. Impressive!

So I'm assuming that I'll be receiving a new unit. I can't imagine they actually performed a repair in the time that elapsed between the delivery and the update of the RMA.

Have there been any confirmed hardware revisions since I bought my first one? Or am I going to receive identical hardware, but with newer firmware? I guess what I'm asking is if I can expect the new unit to last longer than the first one.

I'll update again, once I receive the replacement, to let you know what I received, and how it performed.

(Edit) I forgot to add; I've been using a Zeus Smite (re-branded Flowermate I bought as a backup) since I sent my Crafty away. It gets the job done, but it sure makes me appreciate the Crafty. The Crafty is so much better, in so many ways (and it should be, given the difference in cost).

Thanks!

Last edited:
droog77,

Mr. Me2

I had a Crafty I purchased in Dec. 2014. (Original fw version, I think). The battery life had dropped to about 15 minutes per charge, and I was getting a message, via the app, that the battery temperature was too high. This was happening with every use. I had about 65 hours on the unit.

So, with just two months remaining on the warranty, I decided it was time to send it in. I requested and received an RMA, and mailed it to SB America last week. I live in Canada, so it took a week to get to Oakland. I finally receive notification, via Canada Post tracking, that my unit was delivered yesterday, at 12:23pm. Much to my delight, my RMA status was updated at 2:01pm, to say that my unit had been repaired or replaced, and that I'd receive a tracking number once it had shipped. Impressive!

So I'm assuming that I'll be receiving a new unit. I can't imagine they actually performed a repair in the time that elapsed between the delivery and the update of the RMA.

Have there been any confirmed hardware revisions since I bought my first one? Or am I going to receive identical hardware, but with newer firmware? I guess what I'm asking is if I can expect the new unit to last longer than the first one.

I'll update again, once I receive the replacement, to let you know what I received, and how it performed.

(Edit) I forgot to add; I've been using a Zeus Smite (re-branded Flowermate I bought as a backup) since I sent my Crafty away. It gets the job done, but it sure makes me appreciate the Crafty. The Crafty is so much better, in so many ways (and it should be, given the difference in cost).

Thanks!
Hey droog!

My warranty claim ended with a new Crafty and the casing has been beefed up ever so slightly. And the cu fits a little different. I attribute that to me being so used to my old one, and it being warn in. And the new one is sparkling clean, of course!

I'm sure you'll notice the difference, but come to love your new Crafty just as much as your original.

Let us know you did get a new one when it arrives.

Mr. Me2,

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Thanks!
hey @droog77 it sounds like a happy ending is in the cards. Great timing on the warranty, and I'm going to venture to say that one big reason you're getting almost automatic replacement is because the original casing was changed to a slightly more substantial design, around the top near the bowl. This change was an obvious concession that the original design had a weakness, and so lots of units were replaced w/out question. Other folks (like me!) got an updated unit, but then on the next failure I had to buy a new battery...
I'm just saying it could easily have gone that way for you but didn't, this is why I believe the housing change worked in your favor.
Enjoy!

droog77

Well my hopes for a quick turnaround are rapidly diminishing.

I received a USPS tracking # yesterday, but it didn't show up in the system until today, and so far all it says is that USPS has received pre-shipment information.

So, two days after my RMA was updated, and my unit hasn't even left S&B yet.

Can you tell I miss my Crafty?!?!

Ah, well. At least I have a backup vape (even if it pales in comparison). Fortunately, I have not had to resort to combustion!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Evening All!

I wanted to drop by and let ya'll know I haven't forgotten about the Crafty! Due to the popular demand of my Mighty CU-Mod, I have given the Crafty's Cooling unit an upgrade as well

Allow me to introduce the Crafty CU-Mod
IMG_7660__04286.1477771571.1280.1280.JPG

(As with my Mighty CU-Mod, this adapter does NOT require any modification of your vaporizer or the cooling unit. Simply remove the top half of your CU and replace with this silicone piece!)

Last edited by a moderator:

droog77

My Crafty has arrived!

So, my warranty return has resulted in a brand new unit, in a sealed box with all accessories, including a pair of dosing capsules, as well as an extra CU.

Total turnaround time was 14 days.

Happy to have a Crafty once again!

Edit: Rain delay in the ballgame, so I have time to write more.

New unit heats up quickly. Less than a minute to 180C. Old one was close to 3 minutes. Battery meter didn't move after my first session. Old one would have dropped 2-3 bars. Vapor was smooth and tasty and the extraction was excellent. New unit has FW v 2.10.

I'm pretty happy with S&B right now!

Last edited:

Kentucky Wax

My Crafty has arrived!

So, my warranty return has resulted in a brand new unit, in a sealed box with all accessories, including a pair of dosing capsules, as well as an extra CU.

Total turnaround time was 14 days.

Happy to have a Crafty once again!

Edit: Rain delay in the ballgame, so I have time to write more.

New unit heats up quickly. Less than a minute to 180C. Old one was close to 3 minutes. Battery meter didn't move after my first session. Old one would have dropped 2-3 bars. Vapor was smooth and tasty and the extraction was excellent. New unit has FW v 2.10.

I'm pretty happy with S&B right now!
My experience mimics yours. I had 108 hours on Crafty #2 when it died . Less than 2 weeks later I have a brand new Crafty v2.10 and it really heats up much more quickly than #'s 1&2. I'm hoping this one lasts longer .

Kentucky Wax,

Mr Mellish

I'm feeling pretty good about S&B support right now. My Crafty s/n was < 500 and the firmware was 2.04. Only 37 hours of usage.

I created a ticket saying that my Crafty was taking nearly 4 minutes to get to first temp and explained I had very old firmware and wondered if newer firmware would resolve the issue. Given that my warranty was a month from expiring, I figured it was worth a shot.

They approved the RMA almost immediately. They received the unit today and I already have an e-mail that it was repaired or replaced. Given how long they had it, I'm cautiously optimistic that I'm getting a new unit. Can't complain about that!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I'm feeling pretty good about S&B support right now. My Crafty s/n was < 500 and the firmware was 2.04. Only 37 hours of usage.

I created a ticket saying that my Crafty was taking nearly 4 minutes to get to first temp and explained I had very old firmware and wondered if newer firmware would resolve the issue. Given that my warranty was a month from expiring, I figured it was worth a shot.

They approved the RMA almost immediately. They received the unit today and I already have an e-mail that it was repaired or replaced. Given how long they had it, I'm cautiously optimistic that I'm getting a new unit. Can't complain about that!
Another member recently had similar experience with their very early Crafty.
My best guess is that the original change to the housing, strengthening area around the bowl was deemed by S&B to be an Oprah moment. "You're getting a new Crafty, and you're getting a new Crafty - you're all getting Crafty's!"
I really hope now that's the story in your case.

TboneToker

Wait so the new Crafty has better battery life?! Please someone chime in what the new battery life is about? I may choose a crafty if it saves me a 120$CAD

TboneToker,

droog77

Wait so the new Crafty has better battery life?! Please someone chime in what the new battery life is about? I may choose a crafty if it saves me a 120$CAD

If you're referring to my post, I was comparing the performance of a brand new Crafty against one that was two years old. The battery life on the old one had degraded significantly over time.

I don't know if the batteries used in new units are any different from the early units made in 2014. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. For all I know, the battery life on my new Crafty will be just as bad, in two years, as it was on the original unit, which it replaced.

rrnarewatt1

Hey guys!
Was hoping you guys had some advice for me. I'm trying to decide between getting a mighty or a davinci iq. I'm leaning more on the mighty but idk if the defect rate is still an issue and whether or not s&b may come out with a next gen portable vape. What do yall think ?

Thanks

Top Bottom