Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, I see I'm not the only one! They were about to ship my 4th Crafty (bought Nov 2014) and now I received this email. Maybe I should get a Mighty, less problems?

We have received your device and regret to inform you that this device is faulty. This device does qualify for a warranty exchange. Due to your circumstance, we would like to offer you the option to upgrade at a reduced price. Please let us know if you would like to upgrade or would like a new unit. If you decide to upgrade, payment (if applicable) is easy with debit/credit card or PayPal. Alternately, you may call us at 510-451-1553 option 3# to make the payment.

Crafty-----> Crafty $0.00

Crafty-----> Mighty $0.00

Crafty-----> Classic Volcano $49.00

Crafty-----> Digit Volcano $99.00

Crafty-----> Plenty and Plenty Vaporization Unit $0.00

We look forward to working with you.

Thank You,

Storz & Bickel America, Inc.

1078 60th St

Oakland, CA 94608

oakland@storz-bickel.com

www.storz-bickel.com
Great offers. Unprecedented.
Thanks for posting.
Do you have any thoughts on why you are considered to have "circumstances" that warrant this?
Oh, btw, I'd suggest the Mighty.

ChooChooCharlie

OR Plenty for FREE! Actually a Plenty AND "vaporization unit"! :lol:

After the ladies get a hold of my vaporization unit, they all call me "Good 'n Plenty"

Jd8AQan.jpg

Last edited:

Vaporcussion

So they are offering you a Mighty or Crafty for free or a cano for $49?

That seems pretty damn generous to me if it's true.

:peace:
Well, they should offer me a new Crafty, as mine is defective while under warranty! As for opening up their entire product line at a discount, I did send a polite letter expressing my frustration with the Crafty (this 3rd unit only lasted 4 months), so maybe this is their way of making that up. It almost feels like they are trying to push me away from getting another Crafty? I have a Classic Volcano already, so thinking it might be time for the Mighty! Also; just got a FF2, and am really getting tired of having to use a phone just to change temps, so the Mighty gets me away from that nonsense.

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
They have received my parcel today, it was the fuse that died again.
It the same time, my upgrade to a mighty is accepted, I just have to pay 50€ fees.
I don't have the same chance as Vaporcussion but I'm still happy, and I hope that this one isn't gonna die that fast!

It was a pleasure to be with you, fellow craftyer! :)
Here I am Mighty's thread! :rockon:

Edit : OH yeah I forgot to mention that the consumer service was delightful, nice and polite, quick and efficient. Always a pleasure to deal with us :)

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Well, they should offer me a new Crafty, as mine is defective while under warranty! As for opening up their entire product line at a discount, I did send a polite letter expressing my frustration with the Crafty (this 3rd unit only lasted 4 months), so maybe this is their way of making that up. It almost feels like they are trying to push me away from getting another Crafty? I have a Classic Volcano already, so thinking it might be time for the Mighty! Also; just got a FF2, and am really getting tired of having to use a phone just to change temps, so the Mighty gets me away from that nonsense.
I also had 3 Crafty's die in about 7 month's time. One difference is that #2 died from (?) battery use (?) so I had to pay for a new battery at the time. But then #3 died and I did the upgrade for difference in price.
I have been totally happy with the Mighty. It has lasted about 10 months now and is going strong.
In my opinion, all of you lately who are doing the upgrade are making a good move! I would only recommend Crafty to a light occasional user who's not going to test its' limits.

Kingly

On my 3rd Crafty now, just received it today. Bought my original when it was released so I guess that means I no longer have a warranty once this one goes.

Would have loved to upgrade to a Mighty and pay extra but it was never offered.

Kingly,

ChooChooCharlie

@Ratchett thinks outside the circle.

One piece, no lid to fumble with. No more dropped capsules.

He sent me two versions of the 4 capsule holders. He also makes a longer 8 cap version.
One on left has rounded edges, but a bit longer.
Maybe you folks could post your preference in his thread.

Edit: maybe it's part of the plan -- rounded one for empties? Can feel difference when grabbing a fresh capsule vs spent?

Pic shows how much smaller it is than the S&B magazine.

i3X9WkSm.jpg

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
On my 3rd Crafty now, just received it today. Bought my original when it was released so I guess that means I no longer have a warranty once this one goes.

Would have loved to upgrade to a Mighty and pay extra but it was never offered.
I think you usually have to ask for the upgrade when you return a Crafty for warranty service.

Check your original purchase date. You may still have one return option left if this one fails soon!

I have an interesting warranty story, about the date it becomes effective. I have seen the warranty and its' statement that 2 year term is effective on the day one receives product. But before I saw that, I emailed and asked about the status of my warranty, having had one exchange of the Crafty by that time. I have the answer in writing (an email from S&B), that my warranty period began on the day they first received my first Crafty back for warranty service. A second email confirms the exact date. I do believe that someone made an error in sending this to me, because it effectively extends my warranty by several months. It is pertinent because my current Mighty is still considered to be under that original warranty. If Mighty 'expires' during that extended window, my claim will be interesting!

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Hey fellas! :rockon:
A short update of my 4th Crafty. I'm still impressed by this little beast. 102 hours on it , 3 sessions on 180/195°C. It is firmware 2.10.
I bought it in December 2014 so I think I can get a 5th Crafty before the guarantee ends.
I calculated that I have had the Crafty then for ~800 days. 2 years +3 months minus 20 days to get the new units. If this will happen, I payed round about ~0,37 Cent per day for using this machine. In my opinion it's not too expensive! :rofl:
Fuck combustion! :horse:
Vape on brothers! :wave:

Last edited:

Kasish

Hey fellas! :rockon:
A short update of my 4th Crafty. I'm still impressed by this little beast. 102 hours on it , 3 sessions on 180/195°C. It is firmware 2.10.
I bought it in December 2014 so I think I can get a 5th Crafty before the guarantee ends.
I calculated that I have had the Crafty then for ~800 days. 2 years +3 months minus 20 days to get the new units. If this will happen, I payed round about ~0,37 Cent per day for using this machine. In my opinion it's not too expensive! :rofl:
Fuck combustion! :horse:
Vape on brothers! :wave:
Upgrade to a mighty on ur last warranty they last longer.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
So we all paid $350 (in my case $400) for a vape that is sure not to last more than 2 years? That's a horrible precedent to set.

If you show me a portable vaporizer that hits like the Crafty , is easy to use like the Crafty....don't want to number all Crafty benefits again. For me it's the best portable vaporizer on the market. If you are a heavy user take the Mighty , and if you like to have a vaporizer which will last for more than 2 or 3 years then buy a good desktop unit!

@Kasish: I own a Mighty too. But thanks for your advice!

cloudsosmoke

maybe some butane vapes would last years ..no electronics/batteries to fail over time

and theyre not usually all that expensive

..but matching the crafty ..

cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: Chandler

Bad Ocelot

I can't think of many consumer products with rechargeable batteries that reliably last more than 2-3 years. Curious if a crafty with a replaceable 18650 or 26650 battery would exceed 3 years. I'd guess so.

Bad Ocelot,

Chandler

maybe some butane vapes would last years ..no electronics/batteries to fail over time
...but matching the crafty ..

Lately I've been using my Vapman much more than my crafty. All day usage with never a worry about batteries dying!.... Ease of use is the only thing crafty has on that lil guy

Top Bottom