Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Any way to preserve flavor longer? I grind using the Crafty grinder, but notice after my first two or three hits the flavor degrades and goes quite dull

It could be your weed. I just had a friend bring a quarter each of two strains from Colorado. They both vape like trim compared to the illegal stuff I normally get. I'm going to have to use larger bowls just to get medicated.

Little Bill,

cgod

It could be your weed. I just had a friend bring a quarter each of two strains from Colorado. They both vape like trim compared to the illegal stuff I normally get. I'm going to have to use larger bowls just to get medicated.

This is the thing i have quite high quality stuff, the taste lasted the whole way through on my ff2 but sometimes i cant be bothered to stir so i bring out my Crafty, after the second(or third) draw on my Crafty the taste had gone ( i vape at 170c on the Crafty )

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
This is the thing i have quite high quality stuff, the taste lasted the whole way through on my ff2 but sometimes i cant be bothered to stir so i bring out my Crafty, after the second(or third) draw on my Crafty the taste had gone ( i vape at 170c on the Crafty )

Try lowering your vape temperature to 165c and that might let the flavor last longer. It does for my normal strain.
Also how much do you load at a time and how would you describe the length and speed of your draw. I get more flavorful draws from my Solo 2 but for some reason my draws are much longer and deeper with the Crafty so the flavor goes quicker. When I use more flower the flavor lasts longer.

Little Bill,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Any way to preserve flavor longer? I grind using the Crafty grinder, but notice after my first two or three hits the flavor degrades and goes quite dull
This is my biggest gripe with the Crafty. After a 2-3 hits, the taste gets pretty awful. I have yet to find a remedy.

Pimpslapper

I get ten tasty hits from mediocre weed
At 175c. I use tamped capsules. Your cool element must be dirty? Try the capsules if not

Pimpslapper,

cgod

I get ten tasty hits from mediocre weed
At 175c. I use tamped capsules. Your cool element must be dirty? Try the capsules if not
Im pretty ontop of cleaning my vapes so i dont think it is that, what grind do you use?

cgod,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Im pretty ontop of cleaning my vapes so i dont think it is that, what grind do you use?
I think the S&B grinder has to be used judiciously, one or two turns for a medium grind result. If you turn too much it will make a fine grind and that could be affecting flavor.

vapviking,
Reactions: JCat

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Hey guys, odd question here.

I just picked up a used Crafty that has only 6 hrs on it and it's warranty is up in a few months. I'd like to wear it the fuck out in that time and get a new unit with the added 20 percent batt life.

Whats the best way to break one of these things? :p

beiberhole69,

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green

I just picked up a used Crafty that has only 6 hrs on it and it's warranty is up in a few months. I'd like to wear it the fuck out in that time and get a new unit with the added 20 percent batt life.

Use it on high temperature and do a lot of back to back sessions!

Crafty Vaper,
Reactions: blackstone

blackstone

Use it on high temperature and do a lot of back to back sessions!
And always use it while charging and store it with battery empty or full!
Charge it from any source you can get your hands on, order some chargers for pennies and use those!
Use it in an aircraft and while skydiving, skiing?
Wrap it in a blanket after each use to simmer.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Use it as normal person and it will serve you good!

I might just do that. I've seen a few posts saying S&B honnored warranties on units beyond 2 years if the hrs were low.

Might see about a mighty upgrade also

ETA:. I've gotten the hot battery let vape cooldown msg a few times operating in the 390s. Is that common?

Last edited:
beiberhole69,

karec

with 2/3 sessions a day and adding some xtra time to the session was enough for me to kill 2 crafty around 150hours of use each, they actually replaced the 1st one but the 2nd when died they didnt even offer a repair service (2 month after warranty expired...) just offer a 20 euros discount. So i got really disappointed with them..., and i went IQ at least 10 years of warranty can protect me and (for me) the quality is side by side, S&B support while u have warranty work really great but after that they leave u in da S1hT, so although i love the crafty i dont have money to buy a new one every 2 years, but if u use properly (no multi sessions giving time to cool of) i think can last ages, there are guys here with devices with more than 300, 400, 500 even a 900h+ device here so.... quality of the vapor is insane really good device but have some design flaws or else didnt break so often... Now i have to figure out a way to repair my crafty im starting to miss the little guy....

Regarding S&B honouring after warranty... after a lot of emails they just stop replying to my emails closing the process and ignoring me... so they left me with a damaged unit 150h, around 13months.... if 150h is too much for them 13 month is just not enough for me... and it was a new unit (ok it was a replacement but still new...) why they didnt honor the warranty after all it is a new device!!! i know they dont want to replace every 150h 13 month damaged units, but if this happen (and happens a lot) they have problems with they system/design... not going back unless they fix this and their units start to last and be trustworthy...

Now that message of the device being to hot on the app... now thats the first issue they have, if u are not using the app (95% of people just use to adjust some settings and to show off... i did..) u dont realize that is beyond a safety/working temp and u continue to use it, because it still runs, and i think that is the main reason for the unit getting damaged so that is something that have to address because without the app there is no warning light for that.... instead they could use the orange light of death to warn the users that the device needs to cool down, u eventually will have another warning, if u want to charge right after a sessions you will have red/green light showing that its not charging, this i notice after like 100h before never happen to me...
cheers

Last edited:
karec,

alex24

Don't want to be a party pooper here, but this information might help you not to kill your working Crafty and enjoy it instead.:)

I bought my Crafty(brand new in a sealed box) from a private seller and was curious about warranty coverage. So I sent an email to S&B and this is what they've replied:

Thank you for your inquiry.
We regret to inform you that the warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and is not transferable.
Sincerely,
Storz & Bickel America, Inc
Repair Team

After that I sent them another request to point me to the official information about warranty being non-transferable. And below is their reply.

In the owner’s manual, you can find the following text in our warranty information:

Company warrants solely to the original purchaser of the Products that for the warranty period (as defined below), the Products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use, and will conform to Company’s published specifications of the Products. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Company retains its right to deviate from its published specifications due to the latest innovations and improvements in function and design of the Products. The foregoing warranty is subject to the proper storage, transportation and use of the Products, and does not include defects due to normal wear and tear or deterioration, including, but not limited to, defects in batteries, Screens and similar parts subject to wear and tear. Upon delivery, Customer shall immediately inspect the Products for conformity and visible defects. Customer shall give Company immediate written notice of any non-conformities or visible defects regarding the Products and contact Company in writing concerning return or repair, as the case may be.

Other details regarding our warranty can be found using the link below:
https://www.storz-bickel.com/media/dl/mighty/mighty-en.pdf

Sincerely,
Storz & Bickel America, Inc
Repair Team

alex24,

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Don't want to be a party pooper here, but this information might help you not to kill your working Crafty and enjoy it instead.:)

I bought my Crafty(brand new in a sealed box) from a private seller and was curious about warranty coverage. So I sent an email to S&B and this is what they've replied:

After that I sent them another request to point me to the official information about warranty being non-transferable. And below is their reply.

Oh bummer... I thought I heard/saw otherwise. I wonder if I can get that Mighty upgrade :/

beiberhole69,

karec

That is what i said before S&B support... can work really well but sometimes they have this policy that is not fair for the customer, so if u sell a device with 2 year warranty why u loose that after selling your device with just 1 year, after all is the device warranty or customer...?! if they see a device that is damage but was used properly why this policy?! is the same like replacing a unit by a new one but not extend the warranty like they should if German Law didnt had left a dubious hole in their law (and thats why their policy holds...because of this whole in their law) because EU directive say that if a unit is replaced by a new one warranty should be extended... (like a new product, in Portugal is like that but Germans.....but thats another story...)
But u can always buy another brand, i did that, they dont deserve me as a customer!!! i vape 90% at home so i went EVO and that spare my portable unit a lot, and my portable is the IQ, my crafty needs repairing but S&B wasn't serious enough to provide a repair service to me....shame on them, and yes i know that other companies also dont work great but 10 years of warranty show me confidence in their product!!!!

So when this company replaced my unit they didnt gave me any explanation they just replaced the unit, i was waiting for a reply and got a new device in the mailbox really fast, i was happy off course, the damaged unit before breaking down was giving 2/3 sessions maximum against the initial 4 sessions and at the time they release the new unit with reinforced body bla bla bla and tell me one person that isn't happy with a new unit?! they could send this new unit saying what was the cause of breaking the old one, recommendations of what i did wrong to prevent happening again and most important reminding that policy of theirs not extending the warranty... so they give away new units replacing faulty devices with faulty devices because in my case the use was the same, the hours of use and the time of use was the same in both units +-150hours and +-13 months.... if they didnt have such good 2 year lasting devices they would be out a long time ago

cheers

Last edited:
karec,

Pimpslapper

Karec do you really expect them to just warrant every device with a two-year warranty?
Free Crafty for life with a one time purchase? You admitted to abusing it and you got 300 hours with one purchase.
Not bad imo...
Th IQ I had was nowhere near as good as the crafty.
Enjoy your iq

Pimpslapper,

karec

Karec do you really expect them to just warrant every device with a two-year warranty?
Free Crafty for life with a one time purchase? You admitted to abusing it and you got 300 hours with one purchase.
Not bad imo...
Th IQ I had was nowhere near as good as the crafty.
Enjoy your iq

Well yes i do! every new device that comes out must have a 2 year warranty in my perspective... i am the consumer so i demand the best.
i expect to buy a device that last more than the warranty...i admitted my use of the device (and not abusing the device like u mentioned using 150h per device is a joke should work that per year 30m a day u think is abusing?!) no one told me to use 1 time a day maximum, i dont remember reading in the manual a maximum use per day so i expect a device to work more than the warranty and if they replace by a new one another 2 years... what i dont think normal is the replacement rate i see on forums of the crafty...
They just need to build it better to last more than the warranty and not selling a device that although performs great has some issues that damage the device (the device cannot handle the temp in the long run!!!)... or else sell it cheaper...
The crafty i had wasn't that different from my IQ but its just an my opinion, i dont work for any of them so im can speak freely and if u want to buy 5 crafty in 10 years please do, my IQ at least has warranty for that period of time...
Cheers
Enjoy your crafty

Last edited:
karec,
Top Bottom