Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

justcametomind

From what I read here and from my experience with my first 2 Craftys, the lower temperature the best.
I start at 160/170C and try not to exceed 195C. Exposing Craftys to max temp/group use, IMHO is the way to trigger failures.
Then I revape the ABV on higher temps with different vaporizers or eat it.

justcametomind,
Reactions: VapeCrafty

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@cgod Are you using at higher temps?
I have an old one, so may not be a good comparison; I only get about 3 5-7 minute sessions at 385F and/or 410F before needing to recharge. And I am probably being a little generous saying 3 because often it will die during the 3rd session.

Jill NYC,

cgod

@cgod Are you using at higher temps?
I have an old one, so may not be a good comparison; I only get about 3 5-7 minute sessions at 385F and/or 410F before needing to recharge. And I am probably being a little generous saying 3 because often it will die during the 3rd session.
I only vape at 338f and 356f,no higher unless i bump it right towards the end

ive only had 7 hours on it, im going to do a few more sessions and actually see how long it lasts me until a dead battery, it didnt do this a month ago when i got it, whats more worrying is i use it less now and use my Lotus at home because i dont want to put milage on my Crafty, ive recognised how quick it dies since using it less :(:|

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I only vape at 338f and 356f,no higher unless i bump it right towards the end

ive only had 7 hours on it, im going to do a few more sessions and actually see how long it lasts me until a dead battery, it didnt do this a month ago when i got it, whats more worrying is i use it less now and use my Lotus at home because i dont want to put milage on my Crafty, ive recognised how quick it dies since using it less :(:|
Try running it all the way down, that can re-calibrate the battery status meter.
You folks should be getting more than 3 chambers/sessions from your Crafty's, imo, especially the new +20% model.

vapviking,
Reactions: Jill NYC

cgod

Sorry for the back to back (dont ban me)

Update on the Crafty and basicly what i have sent s&b

Crafty giving me problems only 9 hours in,battery died so i charged it to full,once it was fully charged i did a session & took a screenshot of the time stamp as soon as it started,the time was 8hrs 27m,after two sessions spread out & twelve minutes later, the battery had already drained THREE bars.
Today i have used it again and around six minutes in the battery has died fully at 8hrs 50m, giving me a total of 23 minutes, take into consideration the heat up time on a full battery, once again that night and once again this afternoon ,the unit is dying after approx 19mins!

VapeCrafty

Sorry for the back to back (dont ban me)

Update on the Crafty and basicly what i have sent s&b

Crafty giving me problems only 9 hours in,battery died so i charged it to full,once it was fully charged i did a session & took a screenshot of the time stamp as soon as it started,the time was 8hrs 27m,after two sessions spread out & twelve minutes later, the battery had already drained THREE bars.
Today i have used it again and around six minutes in the battery has died fully at 8hrs 50m, giving me a total of 23 minutes, take into consideration the heat up time on a full battery, once again that night and once again this afternoon ,the unit is dying after approx 19mins!

Yeah, thats bad dude. :-/ I hope, they will fix it quickly

Last edited:
VapeCrafty,
Reactions: cgod

ktmstick

Only had it since the end of august, quite annoyed man :doh:
I'm sure s&b will sort you out, they have a pretty good reputation and I have personal experience of the warranty program. I'm sure it's frustrating but failures happen, it's how they deal with it is the important thing.

ktmstick,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Only had it since the end of august, quite annoyed man :doh:
Don't hesitate to send it in. They will certainly take care of you.
Reminder; warranty time is also best time to ask for upgrade to Mighty, and it is indeed an upgrade. After 4 Crafty returns I switched, and now the 1 Mighty is over two years old.

vapviking,

cgod

Don't hesitate to send it in. They will certainly take care of you.
Reminder; warranty time is also best time to ask for upgrade to Mighty, and it is indeed an upgrade. After 4 Crafty returns I switched, and now the 1 Mighty is over two years old.

Would they even consider upgrading me on my first RMA? Tbh i chose the Crafty because of its size, and love it but wow already a problem 9 hours in with the 20% extra battery :cry::bang:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapviking Did you get it for free, in exchange to the Crafty or did you pay something on top?
I paid the difference in retail price between the two.

Would they even consider upgrading me on my first RMA? Tbh i chose the Crafty because of its size, and love it but wow already a problem 9 hours in with the 20% extra battery :cry::bang:
If you are inclined to want to do it, it can't hurt to ask!

VapeCrafty

Hey guys, i have my Crafty now for 4 days, and my battery goes down from 100% to 0% in 40min-46min. Thats something about 3 sessions. Its the newest version with 20% more battery life.
Greets!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey guys, i have my Crafty now for 4 days, and my battery goes down from 100% to 0% in 40min-46min. Thats something about 3 sessions. Its the newest version with 20% more battery life.
Greets!
13 to 15 minutes sound like pretty long sessions. You might consider shutting it off between hits if your hits are not close together! Though it might require more power to get back to speed if you let it cool too much, something in between might help increase the number of sessions per charge.

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
13 to 15 minutes sound like pretty long sessions. You might consider shutting it off between hits if your hits are not close together! Though it might require more power to get back to speed if you let it cool too much, something in between might help increase the number of sessions per charge.
I've had three (and still have two) Craftys and the battery does suck. Brand new I never got more than 6 sessions of about 5-6 minutes each until rapidly flashing light on turn off. It makes me rush to finish a session quickly. Now that my Craftys have about 20 hours each I get 4 short sessions until rapidly flashing blue on turn off. Biggest flaw with the design but great taste, draw, and portability.

VapeCrafty

Today we smoked one head with 4 people, everybody was high as hell.
We smoked about 15min with 15-20 draws. But I have to say, I had never own weed like this. It was so fucking sticky, I think thats the reason for our long session. I also used the dosing capsule, I never smoke without the capsules, its one of my favourite attachment for the Crafty.

Greets!

Mr Mellish

Today we smoked one head with 4 people, everybody was high as hell.
We smoked about 15min with 15-20 draws. But I have to say, I had never own weed like this. It was so fucking sticky, I think thats the reason for our long session. I also used the dosing capsule, I never smoke without the capsules, its one of my favourite attachment for the Crafty.

Greets!

I'm with you; the dosing capsules are very high on my list of vape shit I love. I will never use my Crafty without them.

biohacker

Do the capsules work well with a fine grind, or is medium/coarse suggested? My experience with the capsules was poor with a coarser grind, just lack of clouds which is to be expected. Just wondering if there is enough airflow with a fine grind in the cap, i'm guessing as long as you don't tamp?

biohacker,

VapeCrafty

Do the capsules work well with a fine grind, or is medium/coarse suggested? My experience with the capsules was poor with a coarser grind, just lack of clouds which is to be expected. Just wondering if there is enough airflow with a fine grind in the cap, i'm guessing as long as you don't tamp?
Hey, I use the grinder from Storz & Bickel, and I grind it fine as i can with it. The airflow is still great, also with this crazy sticky weed, and I push it well in there. I also like the clouds i get from it.
Today we go hiking, and we will try the Crafty on the go :)☀️

A few days ago, I had veery dry weed, and I get just 5-7 draws from it

VapeCrafty,
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom