Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

stereo420

Hi,
first thanks for all the good advices i got across this forum, i'm writing today because i just bought a Crafty and i'm trying to connect it to my phone, whan i enter the ID the "save" button cant be clicked, and so i cant use the app at all. My iphone is a 3gs with 6.2, i know some ppl say it doesnt work before iphone 4s but, its not specified anywhere, the terms of the app say ios 6.1 and more and i can install the app and see the device in my iphone bluetooth settings, also, i've read on the itunes crafty app page that a bunch of ppl have the same exact problem. Anyway it seem to me like a glitch from the last update but if anyone know what's going on i'd be gratefull for your help :)

Oh and, did you guys made your crafty heat up empty to clean the factory residue like some ppl say on youtube or not? i kinda think its not a good idea because its designed to work filled and the big manual doesnt say to do that at all so i might not do it, but i'm curious to know if anyone actually did that or not.

I had a similar problem. The save button was not "clickable". The solution was turning on the Crafty while trying to connect. I hope this helps.

stereo420,
Reactions: t-dub

Dusks

I had a similar problem. The save button was not "clickable". The solution was turning on the Crafty while trying to connect. I hope this helps.

I tried but the thing is, it doesnt try to connect by itself ever, i have to click on disconnect then the ID saving message pops out to reconnect something, i tried then to turn it at that moment and many other ways but i think they are right when they say iphone 4s minimum, i'll just get the android emulator, thanks for your help :)

Use Virtualbox and an Android x86 image. Worked a treat the last I needed it.

Virtualbox

Android x86

Great! Thanks a lot!
edit: well i did get everything but apparently you need a usb bluetooth device in order to connect to virtual box, mine is built in. I had no idea a usb bluetooth hub would even be a thing anyone would have a use for. well this is a nightmare to get to use that app, i'm really disapointed about that, they could write it somewhere that u need a iphone 4s minimum, they did got me for sure for not knowing what a BLE bluetooth was...
The chamber get consumed in a minute and i cant change that, i think its a good device but when u cant use half the functions, 300€ hurts

Last edited:
Dusks,

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
I tried but the thing is, it doesnt try to connect by itself ever, i have to click on disconnect then the ID saving message pops out to reconnect something, i tried then to turn it at that moment and many other ways but i think they are right when they say iphone 4s minimum, i'll just get the android emulator, thanks for your help :)

Great! Thanks a lot!
edit: well i did get everything but apparently you need a usb bluetooth device in order to connect to virtual box, mine is built in. I had no idea a usb bluetooth hub would even be a thing anyone would have a use for. well this is a nightmare to get to use that app, i'm really disapointed about that, they could write it somewhere that u need a iphone 4s minimum, they did got me for sure for not knowing what a BLE bluetooth was...
The chamber get consumed in a minute and i cant change that, i think its a good device but when u cant use half the functions, 300€ hurts

The Crafty default settings of 180c and 195c work pretty well to start with. The 1 minute is just from the last button push or the last inhale that triggers the red light for heat up. Start with .1 gm of medium grind and take 4 good pulls at 180c. If the red light doesn't come on you are not pulling very hard. In that case just hit the power button once after each pull. Then hit boost (double click) for 195c and take 2-3 pulls to finish it. I also then shut it off and take a couple more pulls as it cools.

For best results grind the herb medium and put a concentrate pad over the herb before attaching the cooling tower. You should get good vapor and taste. Also its easiest to clean the chamber as it cools. That's really all you need to do to get good results. I did drop my basic temp to 174c after a lot of experimentation, because I like cooler vapor.

You can buy 99% ISO on Amazon.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi,
first thanks for all the good advices i got across this forum, i'm writing today because i just bought a Crafty and i'm trying to connect it to my phone, whan i enter the ID the "save" button cant be clicked, and so i cant use the app at all. My iphone is a 3gs with 6.2, i know some ppl say it doesnt work before iphone 4s but, its not specified anywhere, the terms of the app say ios 6.1 and more and i can install the app and see the device in my iphone bluetooth settings, also, i've read on the itunes crafty app page that a bunch of ppl have the same exact problem. Anyway it seem to me like a glitch from the last update but if anyone know what's going on i'd be gratefull for your help :)

Oh and, did you guys made your crafty heat up empty to clean the factory residue like some ppl say on youtube or not? i kinda think its not a good idea because its designed to work filled and the big manual doesnt say to do that at all so i might not do it, but i'm curious to know if anyone actually did that or not.

Great! Thanks a lot!
Hey @lig , would your app be a solution/work here?

Last edited:
vapviking,

Dusks

The Crafty default settings of 180c and 195c work pretty well to start with. The 1 minute is just from the last button push or the last inhale that triggers the red light for heat up. Start with .1 gm of medium grind and take 4 good pulls at 180c. If the red light doesn't come on you are not pulling very hard. In that case just hit the power button once after each pull. Then hit boost (double click) for 195c and take 2-3 pulls to finish it. I also then shut it off and take a couple more pulls as it cools.

For best results grind the herb medium and put a concentrate pad over the herb before attaching the cooling tower. You should get good vapor and taste. Also its easiest to clean the chamber as it cools. That's really all you need to do to get good results. I did drop my basic temp to 174c after a lot of experimentation, because I like cooler vapor.

You can buy 99% ISO on Amazon.

Sounds good, i figured the pad would be usefull for me, i can make smaller chambers and not take too much too fast you are right, and later i'll try lowering the temp to see how it feels. Also i guess i should say i got a bunch of really satisfying hits yesterday, and i get massive cloud easily if i want to, so i really have no complain regarding the device appart from the app and maybe the battery life, i was afraid it would dry up my throat like e-cigs and what so ever but its so smooth with the crafty, the vap quality that everyone talk about is really there.

Yeah, that would hurt.

I would suggest that you connect it to a friend's (compatible) phone and choose two temp settings that would work better for your needs. Then you would at least have two custom temps to choose from.:2c:

:peace:
Yeah i thought about that, but thanks for making me realise that i can use booster as a second temp setting, i'll def do that :)

Dusks,
Reactions: Stu

Little Bill

Oldest stoner on FC
Sounds good, i figured the pad would be usefull for me, i can make smaller chambers and not take too much too fast you are right, and later i'll try lowering the temp to see how it feels. Also i guess i should say i got a bunch of really satisfying hits yesterday, and i get massive cloud easily if i want to, so i really have no complain regarding the device appart from the app and maybe the battery life, i was afraid it would dry up my throat like e-cigs and what so ever but its so smooth with the crafty, the vap quality that everyone talk about is really there.

Yeah i thought about that, but thanks for making me realise that i can use booster as a second temp setting, i'll def do that :)

Dusks, it sounds like you are getting the hang of it. The Crafty was my first vape at age 72. This thread has helped me to get good use from it. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone ... I'm on a quest to build a replacement battery pack for the Crafty, so that one can replace relatively easily without re-soldering.

I've got a selection of batteries with tabs to try (the Panasonic 18650PF that is what comes with the Crafty, a Sony VCT6, and an LG HG2). So I have a good source for the batteries w/ tabs, but I've been trying to get the wire harness with connector.

The connector is a Hirose Electric DF3-2S-2C connector (it's identical). So here's the question though ... this connector is rated for a max of 3.1A and 22awg wire ... 22 seems small but I'm having some cables built with that and we'll see ... my issue w/ the 3.1A is that the Crafty is advertised as 27W ... so if 27W and the max voltage is 3.6V to 4.2V then the current draw would be 6.4 - 7.5A ... hmmm ...

Shieldsab

So about 30 hours after my Crafty was delivered, my RMA is closed with a repaired or new device on its way. I hope this means a new one, and not that it powered up the first time they tried it. I'll find out in a week or so.

JCat

Accessory Maker

Great! Thanks a lot!
My integrated Bluetooth 4.0 adapter on my laptop worked fine ... didn't need to be USB ...

Any chance you have an iPad that will work?

I did post a detailed help document of setting this up from scratch way back in the thread (before the iOS version was released)

JCat,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Hey everyone ... I'm on a quest to build a replacement battery pack for the Crafty, so that one can replace relatively easily without re-soldering.

I've got a selection of batteries with tabs to try (the Panasonic 18650PF that is what comes with the Crafty, a Sony VCT6, and an LG HG2). So I have a good source for the batteries w/ tabs, but I've been trying to get the wire harness with connector.

The connector is a Hirose Electric DF3-2S-2C connector (it's identical). So here's the question though ... this connector is rated for a max of 3.1A and 22awg wire ... 22 seems small but I'm having some cables built with that and we'll see ... my issue w/ the 3.1A is that the Crafty is advertised as 27W ... so if 27W and the max voltage is 3.6V to 4.2V then the current draw would be 6.4 - 7.5A ... hmmm ...
To elaborate a little more ...

I have 10 DF3-2S-2C housings coming, as well as 20 pre-made cables with socket connectors, 4" and 2" (24awg), as well if these don't work (or I think they're too light duty) I have 20 of the socket connectors (best ones), and some 20awg copper, silver plated, stranded wire as well as 22awg copper, tinned. I figure one of these options will be a pretty good match to what is there. With any luck, by mid next week I should have a few batteries I can swap in and test.

Would anyone else be interested in some of these batteries with harnesses pre-made and soldered on? I might consider building some as well as I may have some extras out of this project ... would make replacing your battery on a post-warranty Crafty a breeze ...

JCat

Accessory Maker
Don't know if this has been posted earlier in the thread or not and I maybe missed it, but this looks like a great case! (I use the Ascent bag for my Crafty case since I had a few and it fits perfectly but offers little padding ... this is much better! I've also asked them about a Mighty case and am waiting to hear back)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/270849475/storz-bickel-crafty-vaporizer-case

il_570xN.933796221_fjuz.jpg
il_570xN.933797199_5liz.jpg

ktmstick

Has anyone tried to RMA the device for the vibrator not working always?
I'm also interested in this. Mine works only when fully charged then stops working. Does randomly work at other times though.

ktmstick,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Has anyone tried to RMA the device for the vibrator not working always?

I'm also interested in this. Mine works only when fully charged then stops working. Does randomly work at other times though.
I recall folks here have qualified for replacement when vibration function has ceased or been demonstrably intermittent.

Why not just pose the ? to S&B?

ktmstick

Just concerned about sending it in and them finding it work so send it straight back.
I recall folks here have qualified for replacement when vibration function has ceased or been demonstrably intermittent.

Why not just pose the ? to S&B?

ktmstick,

Hammahead

Hi,

soo... I traded my somehow less than reliable Hopper (I'm sure it was me - not Hoppy!) for a Crafty, which I knew from a couple friends. Not the Hopper, but I'm all for a nice and stable relation after the drama queen went for good.

I have found no mentioning of the alternative control app Vapormeister here. Google play has it, not sure if available for IOS. It offers an extra feature (adaptive vaping?) and a somehow more precise control over the features. One or the other may find it interesting.

Best
Hamma

Amazingkaddycap

My Original Crafty died and was given a replacement, we'll that one doesn't heat up anymore after a year or less. I figured I couldn't use the warranty for another replacement , so I went and reordered a new Crafty. After reading through the forums it seems that I may be able to get the broken crafty replaced or even upgraded. Any helpful tips on how to achive this goal? Thanks

Amazingkaddycap,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My Original Crafty died and was given a replacement, we'll that one doesn't heat up anymore after a year or less. I figured I couldn't use the warranty for another replacement , so I went and reordered a new Crafty. After reading through the forums it seems that I may be able to get the broken crafty replaced or even upgraded. Any helpful tips on how to achive this goal? Thanks
Your original Crafty had 2 years' warranty coverage, so if you are still within that time frame you can make a claim. You have to register the Crafty (if you haven't already) on S&B website and then submit a warranty request for service. They will respond via email (they are not big on telephone use). In US, they have sent me a prepaid mailing label for the return.
If you want to get a Mighty (and you should!), include a note to that effect in you package to them, i.e.," if this is a warranty covered problem, can I upgrade to a Mighty, which might better suit my use pattern?" If yes is their answer, the next communication from S&B would be an invoice (usually for $60 the difference in retail price between the two). Pay that and wait by the mailbox.

Do it! My Mighty is a workhorse now over two years old and going strong. You'd be able to coddle that new Crafty (or sell it!) and get it to last a long time as well. Good luck!

Top Bottom