Cover Tunes

bhasma

Alberto Ginastera composed his Piano Concerto No. 1, Op. 28 in 1961, and it was recorded by the Boston Symphony Orchestra in 1968. Here is Emerson, Lake & Palmer's 1973 cover of Part 4, Toccata:

If the first release of a recording is the original and a subsequent performance by others is a cover, then every recording of a written piece by a new orchestra, ensemble or soloist is actually a cover tune (?)

And here is a cover of John Cage's 4'33" by Kirill Petrenko and the Berlin Philharmonic:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Henry Mancini's:

Emerson, Lake And palmer Peter Gunn Theme
Cheesiest vid EVA! HA!

On a sidenote: I was actually at this now somewhat famous "Spinal Tap"-type show...it was hilarious (and kinda sad really). My buddy took me last minute for free after his wife bailed, as is/was the case with many shows, ha... Good show otherwise...! :tup::

Emerson, Lake & Palmer (ELP) Live in Boston, MA 9/12/1997 The Night the Hammond Burned

00.00 Rubicon intro / Karn Evil 9 #1.2 (Welcome Back)
07.06 Hoedown
12.20 Tiger In A Spotlight
15.58 Touch And Go
19.10 From The Beginning
23.14 Knife Edge
29.47 Bitches Crystal
34.55 Creole Dance
40.08 Honky Tonk Train Blues
44.38 Take A Pebble (incs: Au Privave, Cottontail, I Got Rhythm, So What)
52.26 Lucky Man
58.00 Excerpts from Tarkus - Eruption and Stones of Years The trouble may start circa
01.06.30 - becomes obvious at
01.07.55 - "nudist leapfrog?"
01.11.49 Excerpts from Tarkus - Iconoclast and Mass
01.14.49 Excerpts from Pictures - The Hut and The Great Gate
01.23.11 The other stuff (the Fanfare/Rondo medley and the Schzoid/America medley)

(Caveats emptor: all the usual technical issues of the era / too many quotations / why even bother with Hoedown?)

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Goose - with The TAB Horns covering Fat Freddy's Drop - Fish in the Sea
Goose - with Jimmy Fallon covering Wilson Pickett's - Mustang Sally
Sort of cover...Goose - with Bruce Hornsby - The Way It Is
Sort of cover...Goose - with Bob Weir - Peggy-O

Top Bottom