Cory Glass Designs re/incyclers - high function and affordable?

Herr_Dampf

pretty much. mobius makes a few dif types of disc percs. one of which is a pentagram disc perc... that i really like.

so would anyone say that a recycler may not diffuse enough for some? obviosly i want max diffusion with minimal flavor loss. do these fit that bill? im really liking the price here.

The vapecycler delivers both, smooth hits and full taste, combined with perfect functionality and impressive quality.

I really don't know much else to say on this, sorry.
I have a small recycler with a natural perc that has a even better taste, but is also quite a bit rougher due to pretty much having no diffusion at all. But thats a smaller 14mm recycler...
If you want a recycler that has imho the perfect ratio of smooth&taste for use with a vape and comes at a reasonable price, go for it. It has the diffusion that a 8 hole line perc delivers. Quite a bit but not to much. Check my video for some mad bubbles ;)
If you want something to dab with, this particular piece might be the wrong choice.

2clicker

Observer
I really don't know much else to say on this, sorry.
I have a small recycler with a natural perc that has a even better taste, but is also quite a bit rougher due to pretty much having no diffusion at all. But thats a smaller 14mm recycler...
If you want a recycler that has imho the perfect ratio of smooth&taste for use with a vape and comes at a reasonable price, go for it.
If you want something to dab with, this particular piece might be the wrong choice.

not dabbing with a traditional nail set up. i used concentrates, but only with rebuildable coil ecig setups. and flowers.

want something good for both oils and flowers.

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I would use the recycler for concentrates only, if you want to put flowers in something I would look at a frit disk piece. But use it only for flower. I love my Goldstein. But you lose half your hit with oil, because everything gets stuck in the frit.

sasNW

So if I wanted one for strictly vaping ( DBV or PNP) it seems like a good value and quality function......???

IMO for a high quality, known artist blown, serious whirlpool this is one of the vest values I've seen for the money. Seems to spin with the big boys for a fraction of the cost.

Hell I posted my roor recycler for sale about 5 seconds after the thought crossed my mind. Then again I'm no big time glass collector like a lot of people here, just used a good amount of glass in my travels :2c:

@Soflo so what are your thoughts on the frit robbing flavor when vaping compared to other percs? And why would you not suggest this for vaping? Just curious, and I still want you to blow me a piece!

Caligula

Maximus
I'd like to know too. This is how I figure it...

More diffusion via something like a frit should smooth out and cool down hits really well. Reason being is that you are breaking up the smoke/vapor into a bunch of small bubbles, making it more "airy" (while also diluting flavor) and further increasing cooling, by increasing the amount of smoke/vapor surface area that comes in contact with the water.

This is great for combustion and higher temp dabbing, since smoke/hot dabs need a lot of cooling and is super dense compared to vapor.

The issue though, is that most of the time flower vapor doesn't really need that much cooling... plus it is relatively thin, so flavor is more easily diluted. Basically this leads me to believe that less is more when it comes to diffusion and vaping flowers.

On the other hand, vapor does benefit from water conditioning and I feel that a proper recycler really takes advantage of this by keeping the vapor in contact with flowing water for a longer period of time.

Now, of course you can have recyclers with lots of diffusion, which defeats the purpose of a recycler IMO. I've seen crazy fritted/HC recyclers before among other things. We aren't talking about those. A well functioning recycler like Cory has here, with somewhat minimal diffusion seems to be the better compromise in terms of a flower/oil hybrid vape.. IMO of course.

Maybe I'm wrong here? I'd love to hear others thoughts.

gigaurora

My two cents @ everyone above. I've used just about every kind of perc, combination of perks, and different types of ooooo factors ( such as turbine perks etc). and i have to say for dabbing a recycler is THE BEST. better then all of the bubblers you own. It has the ability to run any length of hit with continual stimulation regardless of the size of the hit. You can kill dabs through it and not waste on the percs and build up since the recycler motion allows condensing in smaller chambers continually rather then filling a larger chamber. I can't say how much I enjoy recyclers for dabs.

for flowers they aren't the best. amazing, but not the best.

For vaping they are bar none. They condense the clouds, allow continual pulling over the entirety of the hit for how ever long your lion lungs can handle.

farscaper

here allow me to help you spend money on corys work.... just follow his stairs.
:haw::whoa:
10362318_508758155916332_426313931_n.jpg

farscaper

Good lord that's Cory's work?!?!?!

:drool::drool::love: Well we now know what the mouthpiece on my custom black and white recycler will look like, or bottom of the can. I just want that somewhere
goes to this
10413065_1437700989814943_26813012_n.jpg

http://www.instavillage.com/p/725693174345621832_338204855/

first pic I posteds source... sorry forgot:
http://www.instavillage.com/p/725689331910172950_338204855/

so nice!
http://www.instavillage.com/v/703955438437917038_338204855/

finally:
http://www.instavillage.com/v/685676187364352834_338204855/

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
*swallows* I'd say that is still quite a good price for such a nice looking piece and all the bonuses on it... but I still have to get accustomed to such glass prices :D

Yea I looked at his IG account. It was a similar black/glowing white tube that went for $300 but it had less staircase work on it (like none)... so this one probably costs more.

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
In My personal experience I've used a nail and my cera on my Goldstein and it hits super smooth, no question about that. But my frit disc will almost stop up after 8-10 good nail hits. It increases the drag on the piece substantially. So that's telling me that the oil that should be going into my lungs is now getting stuck to the frit and walls of the tube. I'm a big fan of 2-8 hole downstems. I personally prefer a diamond cut diffusion instead of a blown hole, but they have to be cut the right size. Too small of a cut and is causes drag, too big and the piece chugs. I like a lot of water covering the walls of my oil rigs, it keeps the oil off the walls and in your lungs. A good vortex is also a top priority because it looks so damn cool! If I were looking to purchase a new recycler I would look for a solid base, a nice mouthpiece, and a good angle of the supply tube to the vortex chamber. Everything else is just decoration

Caligula

Maximus
*swallows* I'd say that is still quite a good price for such a nice looking piece and all the bonuses on it... but I still have to get accustomed to such glass prices :D

Yea I looked at his IG account. It was a similar black/glowing white tube that went for $300 but it had less staircase work on it (like none)... so this one probably costs more.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.... $700.

edit: you can private message people on IG? Or do you mean just doing an @MuushuPork type of thing?

Top Bottom