Cool music to vape to, you know the tunes that move you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the Melvins' "Bullhead" album right now. I always said if I ever got a band related tattoo, it would be the still life painting on the cover of this album. Heavy as fuck, with a sense of menace, and humor. "Boris likes a lot of little things to kick..."

SkeletonLips,

sour

Listening to Silverchair / Tomorrow. Post-Grunge/Alternative from the 90's also sort of a 1-hit wonder.

sour,

steiner666

Serial vapist
KMFDM - "Anarchy"

brings back some memories, was always among my favorite smoking tunes. i like to think the one line in the chorus is "ive made a god out of bud" instead of blood, lol.

"Godlike" has also been a fav from them as well.

steiner666,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
SkeletonLips said:
I've got all of Black Dice's albums. And I've got an ep, and a full length from Wolf Eyes. Awesome stuff to listen to when everything else seems boring at the time. The last time I got drunk by myself, I put on a Wolf Eyes album, and I finally got them. Now I can listen to them sober...lol.... Black Dice are evidently a big influence on one of my favorite bands, Animal Collective. I love how they just keep pushing the musical envelope.
Getting into Animal Collective now. Great music - "Merriweather Post Pavillon." I'll have to check out Black Dice....

jeffp,
I have to warn you jeffp, Black Dice is a helluva lot harder to "get" than Animal Collective. They are more of a noise group, and Animal Collective is more "traditional", but still original with their sound.

SkeletonLips,

Plotinus

jeff, have you heard grizzly bear? side project (kind of) of animal collective. they are even better, i think.

Plotinus,

jimbo

winterize
Been listening to Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel to Anything, great album! Also broke out some Misfits - Static Age, gotta love Danzig in his youth.

jimbo,
jimbo said:
Been listening to Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel to Anything, great album! Also broke out some Misfits - Static Age, gotta love Danzig in his youth.
Sadly, it was their last good album in my opinion, though it doesn't match up anywhere near "Frankenstein Girls.." I have only listened to their new one once, and I own the damn album. Just never felt the need to listen to it more than once.
And Misfits is always badass with Danzig. I love that shit. So fun to sing along to. "I ain't no god-damn-son-of-a-bitch..."

SkeletonLips,

jimbo

winterize
SkeletonLips said:
jimbo said:
Sadly, it was their last good album in my opinion, though it doesn't match up anywhere near "Frankenstein Girls.." I have only listened to their new one once, and I own the damn album. Just never felt the need to listen to it more than once.
And Misfits is always badass with Danzig. I love that shit. So fun to sing along to. "I ain't no god-damn-son-of-a-bitch..."
I'll definitely agree with ya on 'Frankenstein Girls' kick ass album, 'if' is bearable, not there best work... have you tried 'Retard-o-Bot' ? I think they toured with Mindless at some point, you might like 'em...

jimbo,
jimbo said:
have you tried 'Retard-o-Bot' ? I think they toured with Mindless at some point, you might like 'em...
Nope, will check 'em out though. Thanks. Speaking of M.S.I., I had an acquaintance who passed away from a drug overdose the night he finally saw them live. I always thought it was sorta ironic.

SkeletonLips,

sour

A piece of a current playlist I'm listening to:

Stone Temple Pilots - Sour Girl
Nirvana - Negative Creep
The Doors - The Soft Parade
Velvet Revolver - Slither

sour,

hopandstop

Newer finds/releases:

Josiah Wolf - Jet Lag
Jordaan Mason And The Horse Museum
My Own Private Alaska
Jakprogresso
Haunted Ghosts

hopandstop,
hopandstop said:
Newer finds/releases:

Josiah Wolf - Jet Lag
Jordaan Mason And The Horse Museum
My Own Private Alaska
Jakprogresso
Haunted Ghosts
Awesome shit hopandstop. Thanks for the finds.
Speaking of Josiah Wolf, I've been listening to Why?'s discography the past few days. Just in that mood I guess. Great stuff if you haven't heard of them.

SkeletonLips,

hopandstop

I'm a huge Why? fan. Really like a lot of the anticon group, as well as some of the guys from Fake Four. Similar but different types of music. All good

hopandstop,

Blunt

Bluntmaster
vapedcrusader said:
Good Times - $tyles P although he doesn't mention vaporizers...

I'm waiting for the first rapper to reference vapes.
That's happened a while ago man. Anything Wiz Khalifa is where it's at.

Blunt,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Anyone familiar with the band The Move, and the album "Shazam"?
Please listen to that one stoned, loud.
Also Iggy and the Stooges, "Raw Power."
Early Alice Cooper - "Pretties For You," and "Easy Action."
Don't think it's on CD but if you can find a way to hear "An Evening With Wild Man Fischer" and if you're willing to listen to it a few times I think it will have an indelible effect on you.

503-1.jpg

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Milton Nascimento, Clube da Esquina is a lush, gorgeous masterpiece. Completely enveloping even if you don't understand Portuguese.
Check this one out - you'll listen to it thousands of times...
Trust me on this one.

clube_da_esquina.jpg

jeffp,

Clever User name

The eyes have one language everywhere
I usually have my mp3 player on shuffle, and i have all sorts of genres of music. When the reggae song by bob marley"legalize it" comes on i sing "vaporize it" to the tune, it fits great. Also the lionize song says "they've arrived "sounds like they are saying "vaporize," so i sing vaporize to that one too! I love to sing -only wish i could sing good! other than that i could go on and on....anything before the 50's, big band, western swing, dorsey, waller, holiday, shaw, goodman, cab,duke, jimmy smith, kyser, fats, zappa, elo, cypress hill, audioslave, squirrel nut zippers, clutch, system of a down, james brown,butthole surfers, cee-lo, dethklok, gnarles barkley, gorillaz, peter tosh, stones, zeppelin, beatles, Toots and the maytals all time raggae fav.

vaporize it!

Clever User name,

Beezleb

I am liking Slash's album right now but I mix my music to play. I am sort of like clever and mix up a good handful of genres but typically I listen from classic rock to all forms of metal and a few others mixed in for good measure.

Beezleb,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
If Latin music appeals to you, may I suggest:

* Juan Luis Guerra y 4 40

He won a Latin Grammy a couple years ago for Llave de Mi Corazon, linked below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcP6pJDZkBE He sings this also in English version.

* Manu Chao

Son of Spanish diplomat living in France, he has albums in both French and Spanish. He is really big in Tijuana/San Diego. He is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rylG...F4CAB5F3&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=26

* Charanga Cakewalk

This is some great music of many Latin styles from Michael Ramos from Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFmrW_ubRc4

Viva!

macbill,

jimbo

winterize
Broke out some "Monster Magnet", the "Superjudge" album, listening to "Twin Earth" brings back memories of when I first started to enjoy the herb!

jimbo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
macbill said:
If Latin music appeals to you, may I suggest:

* Juan Luis Guerra y 4 40

He won a Latin Grammy a couple years ago for Llave de Mi Corazon, linked below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcP6pJDZkBE He sings this also in English version.

* Manu Chao

Son of Spanish diplomat living in France, he has albums in both French and Spanish. He is really big in Tijuana/San Diego. He is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rylG...F4CAB5F3&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=26

* Charanga Cakewalk

This is some great music of many Latin styles from Michael Ramos from Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFmrW_ubRc4

Viva!
Check out Buena Vista Social Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JEdf7XsV5g

and Irakere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgn5BnnJwKQ

chucku,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom