Contest - Win 3 JyARz

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Wow I never win anything...very happy dance and a big ole thank you to jyarz for running the contest. I hope to see that smaller wider one soon.

cant be in my loser club anymore.... you are now a winner!! congrats dreamerr

mmenzie,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Math has failed me...

What was the diameter of the beads? (to figure where i went wrong)

Porquiplane,

clouded vision

I also wanted to say thanks to jyarz for running a great contest. this should have been one post and sorry for the double post but it wouldn't let me edit my last post

clouded vision,

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
Porquiplane said:
Math has failed me...

What was the diameter of the beads? (to figure where i went wrong)

If you really wanted to do the math you'd have to take into consideration that the beads form more a hexagonal close packed formation. Basically you could calculate the volume of a bead and divide the volume or the jar by that number. Then take the result and multiply it by the factor at the top of the wiki page. But even doing this wouldn't take into consideration of the sides of the cylinder where there would be more wasted space so you'd probably have to take off a little bit to account for this.

With the chances of errors in all these measurements it's just far quicker and easier to make a rough guess or make a few judgement calls and fudge the numbers which is what I did. I was just incredibly lucky, I think I'd have to be some sort of savant to actually calculate it accurately..

clouded vision

My guess was pure dumb luck,I briefly looked at it thought how can I logically figure out how many, started to develop a plan, fired upmy LSV and said fuck it that sounds about right

clouded vision,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Richy

Frequently up in space with Bowie
Dreamerr said:
I didn't do nearly as much work as clouded or richy. I said oh blah sounds like a nice number done lmfao.
Guess what I am still doing?

It wasn't that much work, I just multiplied 4 numbers together, two of which were the same and one was a constant. I then used the windows calculator so fairly little effort involved.

But I have to say that was an impressive blind guess Dreamerr to get that close, maybe you've got Rainman skills. I probably shouldn't say that otherwise Tweak, mvapes and Dorkus will start throwing toothpicks at you. Well to be honest that's positively hygienic compared to what they normally throw around.

placetime

congrats to the winners! thanks for a cool contest jyarman! :tup: I look forward to the next contest--maybe for one of the upcoming larger Jyarz?? :brow:

placetime,
Reactions: Tweek

AdmiralAlpacha

Grats to all the winners!

And also a big thank you to JyARz for giving us a fun contest to participate in.
I second request for a wider, shorter jyAR.

AdmiralAlpacha,

TOWELIE 420

As everyone has been saying, much appreciated Jyarz for the contest and congrats to all the winners! I thought I might have guessed a bit low, oh well. It was all for the sport

TOWELIE 420,

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
The winners have all been in touch and 9 JyARz were shipped out this afternoon.

Thanks to everyone who participated. It was a great success as far as I'm concerned.

Have a great weekend everybody ;-)

-JyARman

And we have our winners! The total number of beads is 769! Which means that the following "play-ahs" won:

Richy - Guessed 770 (very close!)
Clouded Vision - 763 (not too shabby)
Dreamerr - 783 (close enough for a 3rd place win!!)

Please send a direct message to me (JyARz) with your address and color preferences and I'll send your "spoils" (might be after the long weekend)!

And to everyone else whom participated, thank you for your lively participation. We had over 200 contestants, which exceeded my expectations!

Regards,

-JyARman

Glifax

I was going to order some of these unless I was close with my guess. Now that I was ~300 too high, I think i will get a black and blue one.

Glifax,
Top Bottom