Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Not afraid just lazy lol I mean they get used a fair amount so I'm not sure how to define much but either way no problems except they could be cleaner of course! And I typically don't let them get that dirty, depending on the knot they're almost like a disposable too if it ever got so bad and couldn't be cleaned... Yeah when I tried the Rio for cold start it was a pretty simple way to do it with a tiny dab efficiently, just wasn't into that torching style and want to use my own glass too :cool:

I need to set up the dunking stuff and get into a habit with it especially if the future holds wireless nail heating for quartz once proper setup is obtained

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Yeah, I suppose that's where one dif may lie... there really is no "could be cleaner".... it's pretty much always clean for every hit/session andI get many hits/sessions before a banger or water piece needs to be changed cuz of noticeable dirt.

The Rio is like the first gen Apple iMac... it's a bath toy... hardly definitive, imo.

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I suppose that's where one dif may lie... there really is no "could be cleaner".... it's pretty much always clean for every hit/seasion. I get many hits/sessions before a banger or water piece needs to be changed cuz of noticeable dirt.

I mean, same for me? sooo :shrug:

The Rio is like the first gen Apple iMac... it's a bath toy... hardly definitive, imo.

:rofl:yes it is lol definitely was not implying it to be definitive at all of anything though was just an example

Shit Snacks,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I mean, same for me? sooo :shrug:
?:
Not afraid just lazy lol I mean they get used a fair amount so I'm not sure how to define much but either way no problems except they could be cleaner of course!
Plus don't you always say about how you'll always be a flower guy over trates etc etc etc..? Some people actually get into concentrates and enjoy learning about the different ways to consume it... and use that knowledge to tailor it to better suit their needs...

Bologna,
Reactions: Okla68

Shit Snacks

"it's pretty much always clean for every hit/seasion. I get many hits/sessions before a banger or water piece needs to be changed cuz of noticeable dirt."

These sentences are true for me as well, my water stays pretty clean for a long while dabbing, and the bangers are pretty much always clean for every hit, since I am torch cleaning them in the heat up... (I'm just saying they might not be flawless in every spot of the banger but they are where it counts in my mind and based off what I've seen or experienced)

Plus don't you always say about how you'll always be a flower guy over trates etc etc etc..?

It's been a long time since I've said that probably? At least I think, but who can remember, I prefer vaping flower yes for multiple hits that way, I don't like doing the same for concentrate and it is a different experience, they are complimentary too ... So what? This is a noob concentrate thread on an herbal vaporizer focused forum...

Some people actually get into concentrates and enjoy learning about the different ways to consume it... and use that knowledge to tailor it to better suit their needs...

And I don't do the same? I'm sharing my perspective and experience, the way I consume it has changed a lot too and continues to... I feel like my contributions here are valuable to some people, I'm sorry that it seems you don't feel the same way?

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I'm sharing my perspective and experience, the way I consume it has changed a lot too and continues to... I feel like my contributions here are valuable to some people
I know that I personally would find a lot less value in this site if it weren't for your contributions. I appreciate your patience and the advice you share. You are never unkind and I appreciate that especially.

AJS

Calm Consistency
The consistency that I get is easy enough to just scoop a little, and give it a tiny nudge with the tip of my finger to knock it into the banger.
So far no issues with cleaning. I take the same process I did as a hot start when it comes to cleaning and so far good results. Dry Q Tip end, followed by an Iso dipped end, followed by a dry end.

We'll see how different concentrates go through the process and if I start to notice anything annoying :)
I can already tell this wouldn't be possibly with the very sticky wax that I have.

The flavor is just fantastic though and would still be worth it for me even if it was a bit more of a hassle .. that's the only thing that keeps me consuming :cool:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
"it's pretty much always clean for every hit/seasion. I get many hits/sessions before a banger or water piece needs to be changed cuz of noticeable dirt."

These sentences are true for me as well, my water stays pretty clean for a long while dabbing, and the bangers are pretty much always clean for every hit, since I am torch cleaning them in the heat up... (I'm just saying they might not be flawless in every spot of the banger but they are where it counts in my mind and based off what I've seen or experienced)
Yeah, whatever dude, all I can do is read what you wrote and comment on that...

It's been a long time since I've said that probably? At least I think, but who can remember, I prefer vaping flower yes for multiple hits that way, I don't like doing the same for concentrate and it is a different experience, they are complimentary too ... So what? This is a noob concentrate thread on an herbal vaporizer focused forum...
Again, all I can do is comment on the info I've received... and this was the impression I had. Some of us DO remember what you take the time to write... ah, so nice, here's where you read back the thread title to me and find clout in what the majority of the this forum prefers... sweet.

And I don't do the same? I'm sharing my perspective and experience, the way I consume it has changed a lot too and continues to... I feel like my contributions here are valuable to some people, I'm sorry that it seems you don't feel the same way?
Haha, never said you didn't... funny I thought I was doing the same thing. Of course your contributions here are valuable to everyone... why wouldn't they be? why assume I personally don't think they are?

Pretty sure we had @Grass Yes liking all your posts to me about this very subject months ago, too... you can set your watch to it.

But alas, yet another thread to avoid. Less is more, never forget!

Bologna,

Shit Snacks

why assume I personally don't think they are?

Plus don't you always say about how you'll always be a flower guy over trates etc etc etc..?

ah, so nice, here's where you read back the thread title to me and find clout in what the majority of the this forum prefers... sweet.

all I can do is read what you wrote

Again, all I can do is comment on the info I've received... and this was the impression I had. Some of us DO remember what you take the time to write...

... So what? This is a noob concentrate thread on an herbal vaporizer focused forum...

Shit Snacks,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Look man, nasty DMs aside, all I can do is Unfollow the thread but I can't do anything about notifications unless I block you and I don't do that to anyone by rule...:peace:✌️

Bologna,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have a puffco and i don’t like it. My focus V saber is will get here tomorrow😬
Did a bit of research and pulled the trigger on a Crossing Hot Knife for $40 CDN. Not the end of the world if it isn't the greatest. Just want to get the job done. I don't use concentrates daily or anything.

TigoleBitties,
Reactions: Madtater

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Why, you can get a battery for about 10 bucks(or less)

😆 So I just became more educated about battery terminology. I always equated a 510 "battery" with the 510 based box mods I encountered on this site. I see now the 510 just references the thread connection where the battery connects (10 threads of 5mm) and you can have really small, cheap batteries with the same connector. Duh.

Oh well, lesson learned. I had been steering away from the 510 based hot knife tips assuming I had to pay the price of a box mod to use them. 🤦

Madtater

😆 So I just became more educated about battery terminology. I always equated a 510 "battery" with the 510 based box mods I encountered on this site. I see now the 510 just references the thread connection where the battery connects (10 threads of 5mm) and you can have really small, cheap batteries with the same connector. Duh.

Oh well, lesson learned. I had been steering away from the 510 based hot knife tips assuming I had to pay the price of a box mod to use them. 🤦
I have heard good thing about the ooze knife as well. Cheaper than the saber and puffco.

The blade does feel a bit flimsy.

It really is. I feel like i am gonna break this thing. At least with the saber, coming in tomorrow, the blades can be replaced. That makes me feel a bit better

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've yet to hear any complaints about actually breaking the damn thing
If I used my Puffco with wild abandon the same as my cheapie jobs it would be broken...the Puffco cost at least 10x more so I am careful with it, as soon as the blade flexes I will stop or heat a little(not ideal for picking up the blob). The Puffco owner has been known to break them on live feeds and If I got them cheap like him I would no doubt do the same.
I do take my Puffco Hot Knife out and about as it has a lid but I think you can get them separately for the cheapies:shrug:

Madtater

Can anyone recommend a budget hot knife that isn't 510 powered? I'm starting to experiment with harder concentrates.
Focus v saber just came in. Took about 20 minutes to fully charge (65w brick though). 3 temp settings. Has a little flash light on it which is neat. A bit bigger than the puffco hot knife, but feels good in the hand. The blade is a bit thinner, but i think that is a good thing as it will probably “cut” hard concentrates better than just a “melt-cut”. Most important to me though, is that the blades are replaceable and it isnt loose like the puffco.

Honestly, i am glad i only spent $37 on thr puffco HK, but i cannot see me getting anything else after the focus V saber. I have a nice regular tool and the saber….i am probably good for now.

I cannot say i will recommend the puffco to anyone….especially the run around i got from puffco CS about the loose blade. Just gonna keep it as a back-up if needed, but i probably wont use it anymore.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Focus v saber just came in. Took about 20 minutes to fully charge (65w brick though). 3 temp settings. Has a little flash light on it which is neat. A bit bigger than the puffco hot knife, but feels good in the hand. The blade is a bit thinner, but i think that is a good thing as it will probably “cut” hard concentrates better than just a “melt-cut”. Most important to me though, is that the blades are replaceable and it isnt loose like the puffco.

Honestly, i am glad i only spent $37 on thr puffco HK, but i cannot see me getting anything else after the focus V saber. I have a nice regular tool and the saber….i am probably good for now.

I cannot say i will recommend the puffco to anyone….especially the run around i got from puffco CS about the loose blade. Just gonna keep it as a back-up if needed, but i probably wont use it anymore.
I'll report back on how the Crossing Hot Knife works. Reviews look good, 3 temp settings and usb-c rechargeable for 40$. Also has a little cap to protect the blade.

Top Bottom