Cloud Connoisseur Glass

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nice, thanks for the feedback. I love how the Influx works with my Screwball and I’ve had a couple pieces that don’t work great with the Screwball. It has a really open airflow so makes it harder to milk it. Hopefully the Protege can (at least) meet the Influx there while still offering a different experience. I’m still new to ballvapes and even newer to CC so I’ve got a lot to learn!

Yeah it should milk a little better, but with the Swiss holes it will be different, there will be a bit more smooth suction flow probably with the frit barrel, but both are so well designed for effortless performance

purplenurple24

Yeah it should milk a little better, but with the Swiss holes it will be different, there will be a bit more smooth suction flow probably with the frit barrel, but both are so well designed for effortless performance
I love to hear it… I’m super stoked to get this thing. I’ve had my eye on the Protege V1 for a while now and I’ve been so impressed with my Influx that I had to snag one of these.

TedJones

Thx for the heads up @Grass Yes! Been eyeing the Protege for awhile now. This new version looks great .. ordered immediately :tup:
I love how the Influx works with my Screwball and I’ve had a couple pieces that don’t work great with the Screwball. It has a really open airflow so makes it harder to milk it.
Definitely. The screwball really needs a good strong pull, and Influx does just that :rockon:

purplenurple24

Been eyeing the Protege for awhile now. This new version looks great .. ordered immediately :tup:
I’ve had my eye on the Protege V1 for a while now and I’ve been so impressed with my Influx that I had to snag one of these.
You and I said basically the same thing at almost the exact same time 😂

jbm

I have to try the small Influx for herbs, I like the big one a lot but there's a good chance I'd like the small one even better. Add my thanks for the 14mm on this one, too!
What are you thinking with regards to the new smaller Protege? I’m tempted to buy one in 14mm but then I also need a 14mm dropdown.

jbm,

coolbreeze

What are you thinking with regards to the new smaller Protege? I’m tempted to buy one in 14mm but then I also need a 14mm dropdown.
I'm intrigued, I'll admit, the green one looks so nice! The modifications look like they push it more in my direction, but I am so happy with the Vertex. For bigger hits, though, I'd assume the new Protege cools better than it and the mods look like you'd get a tad more flavor than with the OG, too.

purplenurple24

There’s a user on the Cloud Connoisseur discord that has the new Protege already. They compared it to their old Protege and the standard Influx. They said it has a little less cooling than the OG, but more flavor. They said they also feel like the standard Influx has a bit more flavor than the Protege V2, but the V2 cools a bit more than the Influx. They were using the 14mm Protege V2.

Edit: I found the post, hopefully nobody minds that I share it here;

Posted by user Whistu-
Now that I have spent some time with the upcoming Protege V2, I can comfortably give my opinions. The one testing is in 14mm. The biggest change I see is a noticeable increase in flavor. Like, i was surprised (though I should not have been I guess considering the changes) at how much more flavorable it was compared to the Original. I have a VERY soft spot in my heart for the original, it was my first "real" glass I purchased, almost on a whim because I honestly didn't know much about Cloud Connoisseur. So when IDB announced a replacement i was, honestly torn. The original Protege was (spoiler alert, is) the smoothest glass I personally have used, it's where it shines. While it isn't a slouch on flavor, it won't compete with the likes of the prophet, influx, vertex, or dante. The V2 on the other hand, does. I set up my influx with same bowl, same herb, same amount (by weight), same temp. For Science! I will say the Influx beat the PV2 buy a tad, while the PV2 was smoother, by a tad. I'd be able to tell you which was which in a blindfolded test, but honestly they are very close.

So, origival vs V2, you will get a upgrade in flavor, smaller size, more airflow, easier to clean and fill, option of 18 or 14, and less cost for a trade of a little smoothness.

BeltedCoyote

Foggin up the woods
There’s a user on the Cloud Connoisseur discord that has the new Protege already. They compared it to their old Protege and the standard Influx. They said it has a little less cooling than the OG, but more flavor. They said they also feel like the standard Influx has a bit more flavor than the Protege V2, but the V2 cools a bit more than the Influx. They were using the 14mm Protege V2.

Edit: I found the post, hopefully nobody minds that I share it here;

Posted by user Whistu-
Now that I have spent some time with the upcoming Protege V2, I can comfortably give my opinions. The one testing is in 14mm. The biggest change I see is a noticeable increase in flavor. Like, i was surprised (though I should not have been I guess considering the changes) at how much more flavorable it was compared to the Original. I have a VERY soft spot in my heart for the original, it was my first "real" glass I purchased, almost on a whim because I honestly didn't know much about Cloud Connoisseur. So when IDB announced a replacement i was, honestly torn. The original Protege was (spoiler alert, is) the smoothest glass I personally have used, it's where it shines. While it isn't a slouch on flavor, it won't compete with the likes of the prophet, influx, vertex, or dante. The V2 on the other hand, does. I set up my influx with same bowl, same herb, same amount (by weight), same temp. For Science! I will say the Influx beat the PV2 buy a tad, while the PV2 was smoother, by a tad. I'd be able to tell you which was which in a blindfolded test, but honestly they are very close.

So, origival vs V2, you will get a upgrade in flavor, smaller size, more airflow, easier to clean and fill, option of 18 or 14, and less cost for a trade of a little smoothness.

Yeah. I need me one of these. Thanks you helped me decide

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

14 only makes sense if that is what you have and want to stick with, theoretically it could milk a little quicker, but it will have more airflow restriction, slightly more compact ergonomics... The 18 would be more ideal for herbs, full air flow and still modular down to 14, likely a smoother hit, if ever slightly... Or 14 for dabbing more so (influx will still have 18 too, but now also 14 and 10 mm available, more for dabbing)

There’s a user on the Cloud Connoisseur discord that has the new Protege already.

Yeah he is/was testing the 14 mm prototype in clear and will be sending it on for me to test next very soon... :tup:

someTooL

Is there a side by side picture of the mini and original influx? At 9 inches to the mp, it must mini. MP looks like it stands pretty tall from joint.

coolbreeze

Is there a side by side picture of the mini and original influx? At 9 inches to the mp, it must mini. MP looks like it stands pretty tall from joint.
The big one was just a test. The other two are the choices.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Anyone know of more/better pictures of the color options for the mini Influx and Protege V2? It's tough to tell from the current website pics. Thanks!

Top Bottom