Cleaning the Wand / Whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
How doyou guys do it?

I soak the tubing and glass pieces in hot soapy water and then run them all through straight hot water to rinse out the tubing. By using a tissue or paper towel I wipe out the glass pieces and they come up clean like new. The tubing seems to have lost its clearness and has a milky colour too it. I think I'd need iso to get it clear again but can't really see the point.

:leaf:

VC

vaporcloud,

djelimon

:o That's gold in them thar tubes you know.

Mechanical method - Tie some high weight fishing line around a screw with a head just a little bit bigger than the hose diameter. Drag it through and scrape off the oil.

Chemical - fill with isopropyl, seal and lets it soak for a couple days. Empty into cookie sheet and either heat gently until iso is gone or let the alcohol evaporate. Actually, last time I didn't wait long enough and got a little iso with my resin. Got high as fuck, but a bit sickly :( So any better guidelines for the last step appreciated.

djelimon,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
djelimon said:

hahaha yeah I know but I can't be fucked to be honest. Perhaps in times of famine ;)

djelimon said:
Mechanical method - Tie some high weight fishing line around a screw with a head just a little bit bigger than the hose diameter. Drag it through and scrape off the oil.
But this I like the sound of and might try. Cheers bro.

vaporcloud,

djelimon

Perhaps in times of famine
That stuff is like honey oil, brah. When I used to use a Vapir, I'd have to scrape off the heated innards with rollies because the stuff would drip off after a while. No word of a lie, the stuff was so pure it would make the paper translucent, and if you stuffed half a paper into a chamber and vaped it by itself, trainwreck city, 0 raunch (the paper is intact after of course). Tasted better than the herbs. It's not the same as what you'd scrape off your pipe. Remember, vaporising properly means no tar. It's literally what you're inhaling. That's distilled oil. Seriously, good stuff. To me it's like throwing away my kiff.

I did fuck it up with the iso though. I'll probably go mechanical this time.

djelimon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
tokin posted this in another thread and it fits in here.

tokinGLX said:
lots of talk in this thread about using a solvent to get the wand hash out......
havent any of you ever scraped it before just takes a chunk of minutes and a scrapey tool, and you have a near perfectly cleaned wand.

ive been meaning on making a quick vid showing how to clean the wand tokin style, im sure youll wnt to give it a try when you see it in action.

really tho, all it entails is using an old pokey that i have put a slight bend in the tip and a couple squares of toilet paper. reach inside the wand and scrape for 10 seconds, then ill cover the bowl end of the wand with the tp and blow through the other end. out poops all this gooey wand hash. repeat the process a few more times and there you have it. a few good sized gobs of hash that yuo can smoke or revape(i use a separate double screened wand for hash purposes), and it packs a damn punch. if youre the type of person that needs a little extra help falling asleep, a couple hits of wand hash will put you there.
Very true, no need for solvent when there's enough goo in there. :D

I hadn't changed my wand's screen since I got it almost a year ago (wanted to let it resinate). For the last few months I had to take a needle and poke holes for air to get through before every session. If you held it up, there was no visible light passing through. Certainly changed the draw and air flow over the herb.

I didn't even touch the wand, but take a look at the screen. It weighs 0.2g more than a new one.

(My kingdom for an SLR. :()

What a difference with a new screen in there, effortless draws... I had to bump up the temperature to compensate for the increased air flow. Also I noticed more herb was needed since the entire screen was permeable and any uncovered spots would "steal" the hot air.

:ko:

vtac,

tokinGLX

haha, yeah, when the screen starts to get clogged, it definitely restricts the airflow. the nice thing about a clogged screen tho, you can crank the heat up and hit the wand without a bowl in there, the stuff on the screen will give off a few real nice hits. after those hits the screen is a little cleaner
(':

tokinGLX,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm baffled...you're actually pulling through that? I don't think I have a screen located in the Extreme that would do that.

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Thats crazy shit! I change my screen once a week. 5 for $2 ... I love effortless pulles.

vaporcloud,

tokinGLX

cloud, do you clean your screens after taking them out

a quick soak in some iso alcohol cleans the screen right up in a couple minutes, good for another run in the wand.

tokinGLX,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I use to clean them but I picked up 10 new ones the other day and its just easier to change to a new one. I will hang onto the oldones now and do an iso soak. Once I get my vaporgenie I'll have more time to soak all my whip parts in iso and collect some honey :brow:

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
djelimon said:

Last night I scraped out my whip - glass pieces and also replaced the rubber tube so I scraped out the tube as well and got a nice ball of dark honey. Now I have a crystal clean whip and new tube and some lovely honey.

:tup: djelimon - thanks bro!

vaporcloud,
Reactions: seedy53

tokinGLX

a quick vid i made today when i was cleaning the wand.
http://vimeo.com/1298421

haha, i tried showing the bulk of it being scraped and spat out into the tp, but when i was doing all of that, the camera wasnt recording.

....not the first stoner move ive pulled, im sure it wont be the last
(':

tokinGLX,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice technique. :D

Here's some goo I scraped out last week.

vtac,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Nice vtac! I produced a nice ball of resin from my whip the other day. I'm saving it up for the dry season.

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
is that an SSV thing to use blocked screen's cause with other vape's E included iv'e found a clean screen a much better thing although it's hard be specific about why, it just seemed bettter,( clear airflow) i was told by the vaporite seller that he used the same screen for about 12 months or so.

Is clear airflow, of Screen's important for vaporiser's that use a hot air path for vaporisation of available compounds, When i look @ Vtac's screen's above i'm not sure what to think about it.

When you realise what alcohol is good for, It makes you wonder why people drink it:p

Cannabudz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I rinsed my vaporite glass piece in iso last night and it came up primo. Cimpletely cleaned the screen and all the glass wear. Replaced with new whip tubing too so I had to give it a hit. A couple of nice lung fulls but lacks the flavour and precision of my PD. The Iso rinse works wekll tho and cleaned up my PD vapor tubes too :tup:

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
is that an SSV thing to use blocked screen's
User's choice and the model doesn't matter. A clean screen definitely passes more vapor. Let it clog up and you collect more on the caked screen, and it's a lot better the 2nd time than the black crap you get with smoke.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Clogged screens are a curve IMO and reduce the vapping experience. Certainly with the PD the tubes need to kept clean to ensure decent air flow through the tiny bowl.

vaporcloud,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Cannabudz said:
is that an SSV thing to use blocked screen's cause with other vape's E included iv'e found a clean screen a much better thing although it's hard be specific about why, it just seemed bettter,( clear airflow) i was told by the vaporite seller that he used the same screen for about 12 months or so.

Is clear airflow, of Screen's important for vaporiser's that use a hot air path for vaporisation of available compounds, When i look @ Vtac's screen's above i'm not sure what to think about it.
Not an SSV thing. More of a lazy/see-how-long-I-can-let-it-build-up thing. Once it gets so coated that you have to constantly poke holes for airflow it's a pain in the ass. The only benefit was the ability to use less herb due to no airflow around the sides of the bowl/screen.

I've got a few coated screens in a jar along with scrapings.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
vapor_cloud said:
Clogged screens are a curve IMO and reduce the vapping experience.
Yeah I think they're a curve too......what's a curve? :lol:

Certainly with the PD the tubes need to kept clean to ensure decent air flow through the tiny bowl
That's another plus for it. Very little condensation loss. Glass and a few ft of tubing attract a lot more vapor than the short tube. Easiest vape to clean I've ever used.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Damn right max. No cleaning necessary for the base unit. A few upside shakes to remove any stray crumbs from the heat exchange and thats it. And thanks to the supplied purple bottle ;) cleaning the tubes are a sinch.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
A few upside shakes to remove any stray crumbs from the heat exchange and thats it.
And thanks to the tank-like construction, you can not only shake it to get any crumbs out, but bang the Hell out of it against your palm or other padded object without worrying about hurting any delicate parts. :tup:

I still want to know if 'curve' is a slang word I should know about or just a typo of 'curse'? Inquiring mind wants to know. :lol:

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom