Classic abv firecrackers

caseball2051

caseball2051 said:
So I made these last night, but I used wayyyyyy too much peanut butter.

I added a half tbsp of butter and a handful of choc chips. to them as well.

I ended up with 10 saltine sized sandwiches. I added around 3.0g AVB. Wondering how many I should eat. If I eat 5 then it doenst effect me ill only have 5 left over that will still, not effect me.

If I eat 10, ill get stoned, maybe too stoned. So im thinking that I should just eat all 10. go big or go home right?

sound like the right line of thought?

I ended up eating 8 of them and then had to stop because I just didnt want to eat anymore. The tatste wasnt too bad, nothing unbearable.

They did work though, damn. I ended up falling asleep. I ate them at about 2pm and my brother came home, looked at me and knew I was still high.

This is the perfect recipe for the log vape owner because it doesnt take much AVB.

Ill definitly be doingthis again.

caseball2051,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So recently, Ive accumulated some more abv, and as many of you guys know, that means fun. Although this time, I did not have the proper ingredients to make a fire cracker.. actually, all I had was peanut butter.

I decided to do the same first few steps by measuring out the same dose and mixing it in a cup with the same amount of peanut butter. Now instead of putting it on a fire cracker, I put it in the metal lid of the peanut butter jar (im sure any metal lid or small cooking dish will work fine). Then covered it in foil and stuck it in the oven just as I would have with the firecracker. Now all I had was a potent dose of peanut butter so I decided to come up with a few creative ways of consuming, pleasantly.

Yes, thats abv peanut butter and apple slices :D
I must say, this method is more enjoyable then the firecracker to eat (healthier too). I put in about 1.9 grams abv into this batch, relatively potent i must say. I think im gonna try an abv pb&j next time....

lwien

GREAT pic !!! Apples and dish match the color of the SSV against a blue background. I like it. I also like the idea of ABV peanut butter and apples. Was gonna make up a batch of firecrackers, but I'm gonna do this instead.

Thanks, Sti.

lwien,

pkim87

If I use less than 1/2 cup of peanut butter, should I decrease the amount of time I leave the firecracker in the oven?

pkim87,

rotax

Zaporist
So, I've never had edibles.
It sounds like I can basically use:

* 1/2 a cup of organic peanut butter
* 1-3 grams of ABV (I think I'll opt for the lesser side as its my 1st time.)

Bake @ 320*F for ~20 mins.
Let cool.
Consume with food of choice; bread (sandwich), apple slices, crackers, straight up, w/e?

Just not sure how much ABV P/B to apply/consume in 1 sitting?
1/2 of the total end product? 1/3? 1/4?

This, again, would be for a 1st timer [in edibles], with what I'd consider a low-mid range tolerance.
I know ABV and original quality matters as well.. I use a Zap, so I know there should be a bit left in my ABV, and most of it started as pretty good to high end medical herb.

Just lookin' for more suggestions/info before I dive in. :)

rotax,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Smart idea, start with a gram and work your way up next time, nothing is worse then being TOO high.

1/2 cup may be slightly too much.. i would even say two tablespoons should be more then enough.. you are looking to use the least amount of peanut butter possible while completely mixing the abv into it. The reason you want to use the least amount possible is to make it a smaller amount of peanut butter you have to eat (keep in mind this isnt the best tasting thing in the world).

HighSti,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Used a little too much peanut butter and it got sloppy... But it tasted good... I was expecting horrible ha... 3 grams of medium brown abv... Hasn't kicked in yet
2011-06-06005253.jpg

wake n blake,

slain

Vapor Vision
HighSti said:
Smart idea, start with a gram and work your way up next time, nothing is worse then being TOO high.

Good god I wish I knew that the first time I made firecrackers LOL. I made a cracker with prolly around 2.5g's and about 3 hrs later I was floored. I couldn't keep my eyes open lol now I've found my sweet spot around 1.25-1.5g's and i'm golden.

slain,

Wakka Wu

Here I go! First firecracker attempt. charlie brown abv of some white russian. hope there's something left in my buds.

Wakka Wu,

Tim

I'm also making my first firecrackers, but instead of slapping them on graham crackers, I'm letting the separate mixtures of Nutella and Organic Peanut Butter sit in cups for a few days.

You see, I still live with my family and would hate for them to catch me making these in the oven. So I hope the "AVB absorption through fats and not heat" works well for me! Unfortunately, I forgot to measure how much AVB I put in.. but at most, it was 2 trenches/bowls worth into a small amount of PB and Nutella. I may add more AVB as the weekend progresses, but I'm not sure yet..

Next time I'll remember to measure/weigh.

Tim,

rotax

Zaporist
Making my first attempt at this recipe.
Used ~2 table spoons of organic PB (nutty)...does it matter?
Used 1.2 grams of ABV.
Currently baking in oven at 320*F.

I also went w/ the chocolate option, but I really don't think its needed to mask the taste, the PB does the job fine. I licked the spoon clean that had abv/pb mixture and tasted nothing but PB.

Looking forward to induldging in ~30 mins. :D

Thanks again for the recipe/idea/suggestion/tip!
I'll be sure to report back on the outcome..
:ko:

rotax,

rotax

Zaporist
Heres what I ended up with.
I used parchment paper (instead of foil), since I had no foil avail. But the pp kept things clean and everything was contained.
FVQ02.jpg

I now know I'll need a change for my next run, going to try 2g in the next cracker.
I got very full (as in, it was very filling) through eating it, so only ate ~2/3 of it in a ~20 min sitting, then finished the rest a bit later.. This may have effected the results, which were...

I didn't feel "high" like I would from a hit of smoke or vapor, but I felt the bloodshot eyes, and a comfy body buzz I'd say, much less heady than vaping/smoking. No knock me on my ass intensity.

I will try less PB, less chocolate, and more ABV for my next run.
I wouldn't think it'd matter, but could foil make a diffence in the extraction proccess? As in, less heat? I didn't think it would matter much, and the foil was primarily to contain the mess.

rotax,

rotax

Zaporist
Cracker #2:

Slightly less than 2 table spoons of PB [slightly less than cracker #1]
2.1 grams of ABV [.9 grams more than cracker #1]

1/2 the choco of my first cracker

And yes, 1/2 a CUP of PB is way too much, after I looking at a measuring cup/spoons, there is no way I'd use that much.

2 table spoons should work for ~2g of ABV, but much more than that, I'd increase the PB amount. I had a pretty high ratio of ABV to PB in this run by the looks of it.

ZXyLT.jpg

UV0OD.jpg

rotax,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
...I'm assuming almond or cashew butter would work just as well??? (i'm allergic to peanuts)...

Also, is the sugar content of whatever nut butter you choose something to take into consideration? I thought I've read somewhere that too much sugar isn't good when it comes to edibles...I have a few different almond butters, some with sugar and some without, and was wondering if this is something to consider?

If sugar isn't a factor, I'm assuming a marshmallow or two wouldn't hurt this recipe... peanut butter s'mores?

Great thread... I was looking for something easy to make with my ABV for the holiday weekend.

Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

SD_haze

mudstar said:
...I'm assuming almond or cashew butter would work just as well??? (i'm allergic to peanuts)...

Also, is the sugar content of whatever nut butter you choose something to take into consideration? I thought I've read somewhere that too much sugar isn't good when it comes to edibles...I have a few different almond butters, some with sugar and some without, and was wondering if this is something to consider?

If sugar isn't a factor, I'm assuming a marshmallow or two wouldn't hurt this recipe... peanut butter s'mores?

Great thread... I was looking for something easy to make with my ABV for the holiday weekend.

Cheers,
mudstar

All that matters is that it has a high % of fat compared to its total mass.

nut butters are usually around 50%, butter is around 85%, and oils close to 100.

and no sugar doesnt matter

SD_haze,

mudstar

Humanist & Discgolfer
Made these just now basically following the original recipe with a few minor adjustments (personal preferences)...

2 tbsp Justin's All Natural Maple Almond butter (I'm allergic to peanut butter and almond butter has more fat than other nut butters, so I figure it'll be fine)

2g ABV (from a Myrtlezap and ground very fine with a coffee grinder)

Chocolate graham crackers

small amount of dark chocolate

a few small marshmallows

Like I said, I did the same basic recipe as the original, just with the tweaks mentioned above. The thing is foil wrapped and waiting in the 'fridge until I'm ready for launch...a few hours from now since I just ate a normal meal. Tonight should be relaxing...I'll post a follow-up with my results.

Happy holiday weekend to those celebrating the 4th of July.
Cheers,
mudstar

mudstar,

rotax

Zaporist
Cracker #3:

I tried a slight variation this time.

I melted my pb and Hersey's chocolate in the microwave for ~30-40s.
3 chunks of choco to ~2 tbsp of pb, mix that, then dump in and mix in the abv.
Fill the cracker, then add 3 more chunks of unmelted choco to the top of the pb.

Using a bit over 3gs of ABV this run...so figured I'd want a touch more choco to mask the flavor.

This will be my most potent batch so far.
On top of being a bit naturally drowsy, I should be feeling good tonight. :) :ko:

Oh, also on this one I'm doing 330* for 21 mins, as someone suggested in another firecracker recipe here..just to try something diff.

And as a side note: go w/ creamy pb, its just easier all around, and prob a more effective extraction process as well.

rotax,

HighMtnSkier

Waiting for winter
I love abv firecrackers. Peanut butter is too dry for me, so now I make them with Nutella and Olive Oil.

I use anywhere from 1.5g-3g, and some times I'll throw some green shake in as well. I mix in about a tablespoon of nutella and olive oil and spread it on the bottom cracker. The top one gets just plain nutella. I then wrap them in parchment paper, and then foil. I usually make a large batch at a time and keep them around for a few weeks. Once they cool, they are soooo good. :brow:

HighMtnSkier,
Top Bottom