Classic abv firecrackers

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
If you don't have too much ABV and you're looking for bang for your buck, these wont disappoint.

Stuff I used:

2 large ghram crackers
Bar of organic dark chocolate (any chocolate is fine)
Organic peanut butter (Organic is essential as it has high fat)
Foil

I simply mixed about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter with 2 grams abv in a cup.

**I have a pretty high tolerance and also like high doses for my edibles so the sweet spot seems to be around 1-2 grams. My favorite dose is about 1.0 (not TOO much, but enough for an intense body high. Again, this just depends on your body, how much it has been vaped, and the quality of the bud to begin with. Start with smaller doses around 1 gram if you're not sure. (Too much may not be enjoyable)**

I laid the chocolate on top of the ghram cracker and then just spread the peanut butter mix on top, covering the chocolate. I was very generous, putting as much of the mix on there as I could.

After you get it all on there and throw the other cracker on top, wrap it good with tin foil to avoid smell and protect the flavor as well as the bud itself.

Just toss it in an oven at 320 degrees for exactly 22 min. This is optimal from my experience.

You can eat them after letting them cool for a little or you can refrigerate it for later which is also good. They can last weeks in a refrigerator :D

Drink with some milk and enjoy! These came out very good for me this morning so I had to share.

HighSti,

lwien

I use the same recipe minus the chocolate.

One thing that is worth mentioning though. With mine, I found that 1.5gr of ABV did the trick for me. 4gr would have been wayyyyy too much and would have been more than just a bit uncomfortable so like with any edibles, my suggestion is to start on the low side, wait for 2 to 2.5 hours before taking anymore until you figure out how much ABV is appropriate for you, 'cause it's not just your tolerance that is a concern, but also the strength of your ABV, which can vary all over the place depending on how good the bud was and how thorough you vaped it.

If ya have a Trader Joes close by, their organic peanut butter and their Cinnamon Graham Crackers work great and you don't taste the ABV at all.

lwien,

caseball2051

did the foil prevent the smell from escaping? im trying some of recipe this weekend when i head home from school and while my dad doesnt really care about my usage, i dont want to stink up the house.

caseball2051,

lwien

^^^ As long as they are tightly wrapped in aluminum foil, there is absolutely no smell at all.

lwien,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Haha yeah Ive become quite experienced with edibles and for me, edibles is a way achive a higher level then normal. If I want a casual dose I'll just vaporize but when I'm Trying to push the envelope I like to make edibles. I found that higher doses satisfy the experience I'm looking for. I enjoy the mild tripping state you can reach with edibles.

HighSti,

lwien

HighSti said:
I enjoy the mild tripping state you can reach with edibles.

Yeah, so do I, but sometimes it can go way beyond mild and become quite unpleasant until you get the dosage right, but once you get that nailed, it's pretty fucking nice.

Gotta clarify though. When I say "way beyond mild", I don't mean that the tripping becomes more like acid, but rather the on-going rush can become a bit too intense.

lwien,

Gunky

lwien said:
HighSti said:
I enjoy the mild tripping state you can reach with edibles.

Yeah, so do I, but sometimes it can go way beyond mild and become quite unpleasant until you get the dosage right, but once you get that nailed, it's pretty fucking nice.

Gotta clarify though. When I say "way beyond mild", I don't mean that the tripping becomes more like acid, but rather the on-going rush can become a bit too intense.

Yeah that can happen. One thing I have noticed about edible-induced anxiousness or overwhelming rush etc. Like other unpleasant mental states such as fear, worry, anger, sadness, etc (unrelated to use of meds) these can often be dealt with by substituting a new object/train of thought/consciousness. Pushing back against some bad thought just gets you more stuck on it. For example the other day I was getting a little anxious and vaguely hypochondriac after edibles. I went to the sink and began washing the dishes by hand. Hot water, getting rid of dirt, boil some water to really get 'em clean... Now I'm off on a new thing; anxiety over.

lwien

Yeah Gunky. That's the way to deal with it if you find yourself in that situation. Kinda learned that over the years with all the psychedelics I used to do. Best just to roll with it than try and fight it keeping in mind that it's only temporary. I've had a few white knuckles over the years.

lwien,

lwien

^^ They'll keep for a pretty long time. Just put them in the fridge. Should keep for weeks.

lwien,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
I made some ABV Firecrackers a couple days ago, and Jesus Christ! I didn't even know cannabis could get one that messed up! I must've been pretty close to greening out :), I certainly passed out that's for sure.

After about an hour I thought I was plateau'd, but I just kept getting more and more high, 3 hours later I just couldn't even see straight anymore and all that I could do was go to bed :p

Afterwards, the next morning I had a pretty raging headache but it went away quickly. However, my eyes were still bloodshot and I definitely was feeling impaired ^.^

It's incredible how easy it is to get too high from ingesting cannabis, it was awesome! :D Also, I saw the most intense psychedelic shapes and colors when I would close my eyes, but I would very rapidly become overwhelmed by dizziness when I tried, very similar to the spins I experience from drinking.

Maybe next time I'll measure how much I put in each Firecracker, that would probably be ideal! I think there was probably around 3gs in the one I ate, and there was two more with probably a little less than that. I was actually going to eat another one after the first hour because I thought I wasn't going to get any higher, imagine that! I would have been the first to O.D :lol:

Blackthoven,

caseball2051

i am making these tonight.

i was wonderin how you guys feel about adding some choc chips to skippy pb? i planned to add a small amount of butter or oil too to add to the extraction process. planned to mix it all up in a cup and then apply to the crackers.

any thoughts? should i just stick with the tried and true?

caseball2051,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
caseball2051 said:
i am making these tonight.

i was wonderin how you guys feel about adding some choc chips to skippy pb? i planned to add a small amount of butter or oil too to add to the extraction process. planned to mix it all up in a cup and then apply to the crackers.

any thoughts? should i just stick with the tried and true?

Id say it shouldn't make a difference at all...just take what you think is enough choc chips, and go with a little less.

Purpl3_Haz3,

leefer1080

made some firecrackers just the other day.....the were almost as great as frosted flakes

leefer1080,

caseball2051

So I made these last night, but I used wayyyyyy too much peanut butter.

I added a half tbsp of butter and a handful of choc chips. to them as well.

I ended up with 10 saltine sized sandwiches. I added around 3.0g AVB. Wondering how many I should eat. If I eat 5 then it doenst effect me ill only have 5 left over that will still, not effect me.

If I eat 10, ill get stoned, maybe too stoned. So im thinking that I should just eat all 10. go big or go home right?

sound like the right line of thought?

CutePanda

caseball2051 said:

I ended up with 10 saltine sized sandwiches. I added around 3.0g AVB. Wondering how many I should eat. If I eat 5 then it doenst effect me ill only have 5 left over that will still, not effect me.

If I eat 10, ill get stoned, maybe too stoned. So im thinking that I should just eat all 10. go big or go home right?

So you used a total of 3.0g of ABV split between 10 saltine sandwiches? If that's the case, you should probably eat all 10. It seems like the magic # is between 2-4 grams ABV per person. I'm contemplating on testing it out as I have 16g of ABV and it's only going to grow.

CutePanda,

wthanna

CutePanda said:
caseball2051 said:

So you used a total of 3.0g of ABV split between 10 saltine sandwiches? If that's the case, you should probably eat all 10. It seems like the magic # is between 2-4 grams ABV per person. I'm contemplating on testing it out as I have 16g of ABV and it's only going to grow.

I would be careful depending on how much you vape your herb. I vape mine fairly light and 3/4 to 1 gram is plenty with my abv. The amount of abv you need will vary a great deal depending on whats left in your abv. ;)

wthanna,

lwien

CutePanda said:
So you used a total of 3.0g of ABV split between 10 saltine sandwiches? If that's the case, you should probably eat all 10.

Not good advice. It all has to do with his tolerance as well as how well vaped his ABV is.

I would STRONGLY recommend to go light rather than heavy the first time around. For me, 1 to 1.5 grams is fine. First time around with this, I did about 2.5 grams and it was wayyyyy too much. Not fun.

3 grams "may" be fine for you, but then again, it may not.

I would suggest to start out with a gram and wait a good 2 hours to gauge how you're doing before taking in any more. Keep in mind that when you first start feeling the affects, it will ramp up from there for another hour before it levels out.

Edibles are great once you find the sweet spot, but it's going to take a bit of experimentation to do so.

Don't eat them right after a full meal. It will delay the affects a bit too long.

lwien,

CutePanda

^Is your ABV light brown, medium brown, or dark brown? I am planning on using 2.0-4.0 grams of ABV per firecracker.

CutePanda,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
CutePanda said:

I only need 1 g ABV (less if the weed was high quality and lightly vaped). Personally, I would start off eating a smaller number of saltine sandwiches, waiting 90 minutes and then eating more.

Tom

tdavie,

CutePanda

tdavie said:
CutePanda said:

I only need 1 g ABV (less if the weed was high quality and lightly vaped). Personally, I would start off eating a smaller number of saltine sandwiches, waiting 90 minutes and then eating more.

Tom

I vape my weed till it's dark brown so I think I'm better off making 1 batch of brownies when I get 30+ grams of ABV.

CutePanda,

SleepyHead

I'm making 1 cracker with 2 grams of abv in it. I've had edibles before, loved them. This is my first time though making them myself. I have 38 grams of abv, saving for a batch of brownies, but figured Id try my luck with this firecracker method. It's in the oven now, will let you know how it turns out!

EDIT:
Unfortunately I had to cut the baking a little short, 5 minutes left, due to someone coming home earlier than thought. But I ate it nonetheless, wasn't too visually appealing, taste wasn't as bad as predicted, and now I play the waiting game. But, I'm going to vape my Myrtle and hopefully get that feeling from the cracker in an hour or so!

SleepyHead,
Top Bottom