Child birth is gross and I think very ugly

Deleted Member 1643

“Anti-Natalism”?
What an annoyingly bullshit pose!

Just say you’re anti-human, it’s more honest and doesn’t pretend a superior moral position. Being pro-death is more honest still, but might strike you as somehow less fun since you don’t get to outrage strangers for your own amusement with that one...because if there should be no people - and charity begins at home - then you know what to do

@OldNewbie said antinatalism! Never heard of it before that!

The point isn't to outrage, it's to provoke. Consider the outlandish title of the thread. These aren't deeply-held beliefs. Just maddening ideas that are fun to banter about.

Or maybe not. Have lost a few friends recently. Of course, there were only a few left at that point. :hmm: Barely noticed.

Liked your post a lot, genuinely touching.

I knew a gentleman who's wife couldn't have children and he didn't seem to be aware of the exposed nerve it represented to him. I commented that someone we both knew was pregnant after trying for years. He responded with a very blunt "So what...even a dog can recreate it's own". True statement but it was the tone of the comment that told me so much more.

That's a helpful insight eloquently expressed, thanks. As bachelorhood advances, one can grow too accustomed to the taste of sour grapes.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

Sorry, I didn't understand!

Maybe it's time we embraced solitude as we've embraced other alternatives that might seem strange to us at first. It's no crazier than this, in 2019:

D2mR_ViXcAAB9aV.jpg

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I understand food scientists are trying to replicate the taste and mouth-feel of beef. What's to stop them from replicating the taste and mouth-feel of humans? There's a market for anything. Build it and people will eat a path to your door.

If it's synthetically grown..so we didn't hurt any person to get the meat...sure, I'd try it.
I've always thought it might be interesting that one day we may be able to take DNA that came from extinct species, or even currently protected or endangered species, and grow meat from that species that we can eat. I mean, mammoth steaks here we come! :mmmm:

Ramahs,
Reactions: macbill

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
Maybe it's time we embraced solitude as we've embraced other alternatives that might seem strange to us at first. It's no crazier than this, in 2019:

If you really embraced solitude, you wouldn't even join a public forum …

No, Lecter, we don't have a bowel capable of digesting a slice of beef, let alone a lawyer.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Hear, hear! Do human mothers feel an almost uncontrollable urge to scarf down their babies' placentae? Canine mothers certainly do.

In a past life, collected placentae from the obstectrics ward to isolate a unique human cell type. (Pardon me, but if you're through with that, may I have it?) A fine use for the detritus of human reproduction. Looked like it might be tasty fried with fava beans and a nice chianti.

No, Lecter, we don't have a bowel capable of digesting a slice of beef, let alone a lawyer.
You can be very much alone in life and join a forum. It's very unkind to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I don't think anyone is being intentionally judgmental here. Sometimes our silly words are misconstrued or poorly put together from our original thought, especially when self-medicating. If I had a nickel for every stupid or incorrectly phrased thought of mine, I'd be wealthy beyond belief. Some things are hilarious while stoned, but less so when not.

Deleted Member 1643

Busted. Solitude's lesson so far is that nearly all of life's activities have a social component, and it's usually what makes them interesting. Probably lose interest even in cannabis without this forum, then what? Otherwise, it seems an understandable way to deal with a population that's doubled in the last fifty years.

Some things are hilarious while stoned, but less so when not.

Exactly - it's one of the reasons we get stoned in the first place. Such things are bound to be expressed more frequently in a stoner forum than elsewhere, especially in one of @2 Cycle's threads.

Last edited:

TiSteamo

Busted. Solitude's lesson so far is that nearly all of life's activities have a social component, and it's usually what makes them interesting. Probably lose interest even in cannabis without this forum, then what? Otherwise, it seems an understandable way to deal with a population that's doubled in the last fifty years.
So why did you write "Maybe it's time we embraced solitude" ?

TiSteamo,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
While it is true that being alone is not equal to "loneliness", some folks who find themselves alone are also lonely for whatever reason. It can be hard to find compatible companions. Bi-polar or autistic folks, for example, may find it harder to connect with others.
Or it could be ill health, unsafe neighborhoods, a move to a new town. There are many ways to become isolated. In my case it's PTSD, but I keep coming on here instead of "embracing solitude" in the way that pleases the unkind. To my mind, this unkindness is "gross...and I think very ugly".
Thank you, @macbill. You are a sweetheart.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
And if I may say, in all the forums I've ever looked at, FC seems the most friendly. Granted it is an imposed "niceness", but I so appreciate the absence of "flame wars" and the general bickering I've seen on other boards. Got to hand it to the Mods for keeping order. They are the Gorts to our Klaatu's universe (obscure reference to "The Day the Earth Stood Still").

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Nice flip turn from child birth to isolation......

I used to be responsible for hiring consultants for projects that required long term travel. I spent a good bit of time on the road myself and came to understand that when that hotel room door closes you better be comfortable with your own thoughts and your own company. I learned early on that I had no problems when that hotel door closed behind me even though I preferred being home with my family.

Whenever I interviewed someone who was new to this kind of work/travel I made a huge deal about being away from family and friends and tried to dissuade any notions of the glamorous life on the road. Many envisioned staying at nice hotels, exploring big cities and making good money. Some of them didn't last a month.

One of the biggest problems for those who didn't last wasn't the social isolation. It was the boredom. They didn't need people for emotional binding....they needed people to interact with to be entertained or should I say "to make time pass".

I guess what I'm trying to say is that embracing solitude is impossible for some people. Perhaps many trolls are those who are alone and can't stand it when "time stops moving" for them so they start shit. Or maybe they're just asshats.

Tranquility

My sisters are extroverts and I am an introvert. They gain energy from being with others and I gain energy from being alone. If they are alone too long, they get bored. If I am with others too long, I get grumpy. That does not mean they don't need alone time and I don't need others, it just means we gain the energy to get through the day through different methods.

I embrace solitude. Not because I have to, but because I want to. It is when the solitude is enforced by circumstances that it can become loneliness. Some would define THAT "loneliness" as the distressing feeling that accompanies discrepancies between one’s desired and actual social relationships. There seems to be a direct relationship between that type of loneliness and any of a number of poor health measures.

TiSteamo

Not for everyone, just as an alternative lifestyle for those of use who need it. Instead, we read about the "epidemic" of "social isolation". We're made to feel that something's wrong with us, that we could be cured.

You say "it is not for everyone" but you always use "We" ...
Perhaps it is not that something is wrong "in us" but it is as if everyone at some point had to adapt to the world, like hamsters in the wheel, and whoever doesn't do so is a "misfit", a disadvantaged person.
Probably the real discomfort is precisely to watch the hamsters on the wheel.

However, please excuse me if I misunderstood your previous post believing that you were talking about yourself.

Last edited:
TiSteamo,
Reactions: macbill

Deleted Member 1643

You say "it is not for everyone" but you always use "We" ...
Perhaps it is not that something is wrong "in us" but it is as if everyone at some point had to adapt to the world, like hamsters in the wheel, and whoever doesn't do so is a "misfit", a disadvantaged person.
Probably the real discomfort is precisely to watch the hamsters on the wheel.

No, @TiSteamo, you hit the nail on the head. It's not a very easy world to adapt to, and it gets stranger every day.

For one thing, won't deny climate change. Learned about it in 1979. Went veg and vowed never to drive a car (wasn't quite old enough). Kept the first, broke the second. Guess which one is the regret? Worry about the next twenty years, let alone fifty or a hundred.

So, are you raising your child veg? One thing we can agree on is that if anyone reproduces, it should be vegetarians. It's probably not even very gross on those rare occasions when one of us gives birth. Like a pea popping from a pod. Maybe a little inoffensive green slime to wipe away.

But what if they rebel and start eating animals?

Last edited:
Deleted Member 1643,

TiSteamo

The world is the same as always.

"Human, ouch, too human!"

With its peaks and its depths, proper to humanity. But the world is much more than we know, just because every life is a world in itself. And all together we contribute to making the world (ourselves) a better or worse place. What we do determines the result, the purpose that moves us, ultimately "who we are" determines the result.
And then? And so I don't know. I do my best every day.
Making mistakes and learning.

I fed my child according to a vegetarian diet, except for some fish in the early days.
Naturally I consulted a pediatrician and a nutritionist, who said that today there are so many veg children. And it's ok.
If they want to eat meat when they grow up, they will be free to do so, but if they are aware of what is behind the consumption of meat, I don't think they would ever do it.

Last edited:
TiSteamo,
Top Bottom