Cheap, high - quality nails

farscaper

Damnit.

Dropped a hot nail on the new carpet last night... started melting the carpet, then I broke the quartz nail while trying to rip it off the melted fiber. It all happened in seconds.

Looks like I am going to be trying a banger much earlier than I expected.
what a bummer, where did yours break? so I can look out for that... was it where the slits were cut?

farscaper,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
No, it was actually right above the joint where the guard/bulge is.
just above where the guard rests on the 14mm female.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: farscaper

farscaper

was it still in the piece when it fell? I could see that being a hot snap off situation like that. the bulge is called a marina (I think I spelled that right) and in my experience when there is a fail point, thats where it is.

HugieLewis

I'm not an expert but I have a strong opinion
Ohhh nooo...that sucks. While breaking a good nail sucks I gotta wonder. ...how bad was the new carpet?

Also...this thread just got a whole lot more interesting to me since I have a new (to me) rig coming soon! New nail purchase definitely coming up!

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Damnit.

Dropped a hot nail on the new carpet last night... started melting the carpet, then I broke the quartz nail while trying to rip it off the melted fiber. It all happened in seconds.

Looks like I am going to be trying a banger much earlier than I expected.

Dude! Was that your quartz castle? Don't feel bad, I'm sure similar things happen to lots of us. When I had just gotten my 18mm male ceramic, I felt the need to remove the heated nail for some reason (I was vaked), and used a rag to lift it. Only it was microfiber, and immediately melted to the nail :doh: Luckily I was able to torch it off.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Was going to get a quartz castle but I think I'm going to get a banger style now. It looks easier to head and bomb/dab.

Anyone have any experience with either of these sellers/items?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251543938531?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181431868294?nav=SEARCH

The first vendor, dpcountry, is greenbuddhashop. Meghan ordered that very nail, dunno if she got it yet.
The second, titaniumedgeshop, is a good one, I have ordered from them, just not that nail. The nail I got,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-E-14MM-DOMELESS-QUARTZ-NAIL-with-Smaller-TOP-New-Design-/171339217093 Functions fine, but is not perfect cosmetically.
Of the 3 mentioned, I would get the first one, I like the design better.

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
I ordered this for my cousin. I'll get a chance to rip it when we try it out. It gets here next week. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Pretty cheap at 20 shipped from a US seller.

$_12.JPG

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
A lot of vendors are selling those, they're about $16 on dhgate. $20 is good from a US seller.
I have only seen them in this size though. Like a castle nail, only Titanium. Are they a copy of a name brand nail?

pigfoot,
Reactions: 215z

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
A lot of vendors are selling those, they're about $16 on dhgate. $20 is good from a US seller.
I have only seen them in this size though. Like a castle nail, only Titanium. Are they a copy of a name brand nail?

That's a good question. The one I got had an issue that gave me concern about the quality of the TI. In the end, I slept better using HE ti or just quartz.

blankrider

Was going to get a quartz castle but I think I'm going to get a banger style now. It looks easier to heat and bomb/dab.

Anyone have any experience with either of these sellers/items?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/251543938531?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181431868294?nav=SEARCH

I have purchased nails from both of them. They have reasonably fast shipping and are well packaged. I got my 14mm male Banger from dpcounty for 24.99 when they were first offered. Then the price went up to 30 and I felt lucky but now they have dropped and I overpaid lol. I messaged him a bunch of times to get female joints and he finally did. I got a 18mm female Banger for 30 but it is super nice with a polished joint so it's all clear. Works great on my new mini tube

blankrider,
Reactions: pigfoot

clouded vision

I just picked up a new vape 10mm domeless nail from 420titanium.com for $22. New vape is certified grade 2 and made in the USA with the most reasonable prices I've seen for ti. It heats up very quickly but cools down fast to so you have to be quick with your dabs but great for a travel rig, you could practically heat it with a Bic.
oyG8G0B.jpg

It's incredibly small here it is compared to a HE Dualiti.
CAJbhxc.jpg

zEkCiiD.jpg

blankrider

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261492670841

This is what I got. I love it so much. It looks so nice and clean with the polished joint and the function is phenomenal!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181419256737?nav=SEARCH

I got one of these before the Banger was available in female and it works pretty good but seems more thin than my Banger and could be awkward for some to dab in the side hole. You want to have a blob on the tip of your dabber and it will just drop off in the bulb. Myself and many others like to make a little oil worm and slowly dab it, so this is not good for that.

Also the more I use it the uglier it gets. The bulb is all white now and looks like crap and stuff cakes onto the bottom of the bulb and is hard to get out. Had to torch it a bunch and scrape at it through the little hole

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
That's a good question. The one I got had an issue that gave me concern about the quality of the TI. In the end, I slept better using HE ti or just quartz.

There's a whole thread dedicated to this question, and a lot of posts elsewhere about this. @mestizo was discussing the grades of Ti in the cheap bubblers thread. Seems like as long as it's grade 4 or below, your ok. The question is: are they pure Ti. Apparently an analysis can be conducted.......what sort of issue did you have?

I just picked up a new vape 10mm domeless nail from 420titanium.com for $22. New vape is certified grade 2 and made in the USA with the most reasonable prices I've seen for ti. It heats up very quickly but cools down fast to so you have to be quick with your dabs but great for a travel rig, you could practically heat it with a Bic.
oyG8G0B.jpg

It's incredibly small here it is compared to a HE Dualiti.
CAJbhxc.jpg

zEkCiiD.jpg

I do smaller dabs, so I'm finding I don't need a giant nail. That looks good!

farscaper

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261492670841

This is what I got. I love it so much. It looks so nice and clean with the polished joint and the function is phenomenal!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181419256737?nav=SEARCH

I got one of these before the Banger was available in female and it works pretty good but seems more thin than my Banger and could be awkward for some to dab in the side hole. You want to have a blob on the tip of your dabber and it will just drop off in the bulb. Myself and many others like to make a little oil worm and slowly dab it, so this is not good for that.

Also the more I use it the uglier it gets. The bulb is all white now and looks like crap and stuff cakes onto the bottom of the bulb and is hard to get out. Had to torch it a bunch and scrape at it through the little hole
word, the bulb was a joke. I would refuse to buy it becuase it reminds me of a meth bulb.

however, how tall is that banger @blankrider ? my main concern was how much its height would increase the overall height of the dab surface.

im prolly gonna try a 14mm banger soon.

blankrider

word, the bulb was a joke. I would refuse to buy it becuase it reminds me of a meth bulb.

however, how tall is that banger @blankrider ? my main concern was how much its height would increase the overall height of the dab surface.

im prolly gonna try a 14mm banger soon.

Lol yeah the bulb does have that meth vibe. It turns my recycler into a methcycler. And like I said it keeps getting uglier.

I will post some pictures with a ruler when I get off work so you can see exactly how big the Banger is

farscaper

see that was my concern cause I use a small rig mostly, which is why I like my castle... you can also refer to the type as a daisy domess... c2 branded theirs daisy domeless. but I dont even use a carb cap with it and get good flavor. I feel like carb capping is only beneficial if your doing dabs so big it cools the nail too quick ir if you are pulling to hard, which is easy to do with a big recycler...

that being said... I, who am very high will go into some lamen term physics of nails.

the cup cools itself by drawing air from above it and pulling it through the center of a large area (the cup) around a center shaft (tube) depending on how low the center shaft is determines its cooling characteristic. the lower it is the more it cools the surrounding cup walls, the higher, it cools the cup less becsuse it draws from above it.

a castle or daisy cools quite fast because air is draw from around the top edge of the cup and through the nail, including under the dabbing surface. so a castle or daisy will react very fast with both airflow changes and dabbing.. so with them dab small and focus the flame at the center.

bangers however do not cool the dabbing surface at all, so since air is drawn from a tube above and next to the dabbing surface this one is least prone to changes in temperature due to airflow. the only thing that cools it is time, and your dab.

im interest to see if a 14mm female banger is smaller... it would be nice to have a quartz nail that can handle a big dab frpm time to time... bug if your a tiny dabber like myself most of the time... I think a cup or castle or daisy are just as effective... my favoring the castle but that is strictly opinion. I own both and use both.

dab time.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Well I'm surprised how well this plain old nail does, once I improved my technique. I get tasty dabs, and little to no residue. Heats quick, burns off easy. Dunno if ti's because it's a DI nail, or that I'm currently using an adapter, but there's no heat transfer to the rig. I use a combustion bowl for a cap, works pretty well. Seems to help the last bit of concentrate vaporize. I've got a castle/daisy on the way. so I'll be able to compare them soon.
$_57.JPG

blankrider

@farscaper that was a good explanation of how castle or daisy nails function. This has been my experience with them exactly. The air going in the slots and under the dabbing area cools it so fast that many times I get a little black puddle of claim left and have to torch it off.

I think that my castle nail is actually one of the better ones out there. I have seen some of the newer ones with dabbing bowls that seem far to deep for effective heating and dabbing

http://m.ebay.com/itm/171339212458?nav=SEARCH

I would avoid ones with deep cups like this

blankrider

Well I'm surprised how well this plain old nail does, once I improved my technique. I get tasty dabs, and little to no residue. Heats quick, burns off easy. Dunno if ti's because it's a DI nail, or that I'm currently using an adapter, but there's no heat transfer to the rig. I use a combustion bowl for a cap, works pretty well. Seems to help the last bit of concentrate vaporize. I've got a castle/daisy on the way. so I'll be able to compare them soon.
$_57.JPG

Quartz has very low heat transfer especially compared to TI

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
There's a whole thread dedicated to this question, and a lot of posts elsewhere about this. @mestizo was discussing the grades of Ti in the cheap bubblers thread. Seems like as long as it's grade 4 or below, your ok. The question is: are they pure Ti. Apparently an analysis can be conducted.......what sort of issue did you have?

It was a 2-piece domeless, but the top piece didn't discolor in that familiar gold/purple/blue hue. The top piece turned black on first use and didn't want to torch clean easily. Didn't feel like it was something to mess around with.

@farscaper , I have that Banger in both 18 and 14. The 14 isn't any smaller cup-wise.

farscaper

as much as I wanna test a banger, I think the community has assured me my castles is good enough. . for now.

so instead my funds are going to be diverted to my under 100$ vacuum chamber and pump setup.

ha ha! ask me how, I dare you to give me a reason to ramble. :lmao::freak::mental:

farscaper,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom