• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap, high - quality nails

blankrider

as much as I wanna test a banger, I think the community has assured me my castles is good enough. . for now.

so instead my funds are going to be diverted to my under 100$ vacuum chamber and pump setup.

ha ha! ask me how, I dare you to give me a reason to ramble. :lmao::freak::mental:

I made a very functional set up with a mason jar, candle warming plate from walmart, plug in light dimmer from menards, and brake bleeder hand pump from farm and fleet

Total cost under $50

blankrider,
Reactions: farscaper

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I'm a machinist and I buy titanium occasionally, it is not that expensive, it retails around $35.00/lb. so wholesale has to sell for less, and you can make at least five nails or more with a pound.
Having said that, I don't know if the Chinese are using pure titanium, if you ever want to take the risk it is very easy to find out the purity of it, just find a large recycling plant in your neighborhood and they'll tell you whether it is pure or not, they should have hand held equipment for that.
And about G2 being superior to the other three pure grades, don't buy into the hype, all four grades are good, there's less than 1% difference between them, so my question is this: what makes G2 better than G1, if purity is a factor them G1 should be a better choice, don't you think?
Don't have to answer the question, this should be asked in a different forum, just wanted to state my opinion.

Grades 1,2,3,4 have the same elements in different quantities, they are the only ones considered pure, none of them have aluminum nor vanadium, which is mostly used in the steel industry as a strengthener (vanadium).
All the pure titaniums have impurities in them in the form of gasses that are safe for consumption, like Oxygen, hydrogen and nitrogen, and also small amounts of iron and carbon, all safe.
Grades 5 and up are the ones with unsafe metals, and I know of at least one USA manufacturer using it (Cosmic).
All pure grades are safe and are not that expensive to buy, and since China's labor is so cheap I don't see why can't they produce pure Ti nails at a reasonable price.

@mestizo posted this in the Cheap Bubbler thread. Just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it.

blankrider

There are some quartz honey buckets on BM by some artist named jme. They are going for 100 which is still a bit much in my opinion. If anyone knows of a cheaper price for a decent bucket please let me know

blankrider,
Reactions: 215z

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
My favorite nail for the past couple months has been a $19.99 quartz domeless I got from the Green Buddha Shop:

http://www.greenbuddhashop.com/100-DOMELESS-QUARTZ-NAILS-TI-PICK-DQN3.htm

1390750036138-1236837511.jpeg

Tastes great and I feel like it hits better than the few Ti nails that I've had... I have a 14mm female and an 18mm male for different rigs.

I'm expecting this one in a few days, $29.99, 18mm male for my new Cory Glass Designs recycler:

http://www.greenbuddhashop.com/14MM-OR-18MM-MALE-OR-FEMALE-JOINTS-QUARTZ-CUPS-NAILS-FQB.htm

14020946224001544978595.jpeg

After having tried a few different Ti nails, glass, and quartz, I find that I prefer the quartz. They heat up fast, taste nice, are more durable than I expected, and are inexpensive. I honestly like my $20 domeless quartz better than my HE flux w/ turbine top, which cost closer to $50, although I'm sure the HE will outlast the quartz.

Anyway, at this point, Green Buddha shop is my preferred source for nails. I hope to pick up one of these soon, to try:

http://www.greenbuddhashop.com/CERAMIC-DOME-LESS-NAILS-WAX-BHO-OIL-10MM14MM18MM-CDN.htm

1401490427932-383939304.jpeg

I'll be watching this thread with interest!

The first vendor, dpcountry, is greenbuddhashop. Meghan ordered that very nail, dunno if she got it yet.
The second, titaniumedgeshop, is a good one, I have ordered from them, just not that nail. The nail I got,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/E-E-14MM-DOMELESS-QUARTZ-NAIL-with-Smaller-TOP-New-Design-/171339217093 Functions fine, but is not perfect cosmetically.
Of the 3 mentioned, I would get the first one, I like the design better.

Mine came from greenbuddahshop. Works great.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261492670841

This is what I got. I love it so much. It looks so nice and clean with the polished joint and the function is phenomenal!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181419256737?nav=SEARCH

I got one of these before the Banger was available in female and it works pretty good but seems more thin than my Banger and could be awkward for some to dab in the side hole. You want to have a blob on the tip of your dabber and it will just drop off in the bulb. Myself and many others like to make a little oil worm and slowly dab it, so this is not good for that.

Also the more I use it the uglier it gets. The bulb is all white now and looks like crap and stuff cakes onto the bottom of the bulb and is hard to get out. Had to torch it a bunch and scrape at it through the little hole

Here's a picture of @DieHard s rig. D020 so 19mm, but gives good scale. Bigger than I thought it would be.

wVKpe0Y.jpg

see that was my concern cause I use a small rig mostly, which is why I like my castle... you can also refer to the type as a daisy domess... c2 branded theirs daisy domeless. but I dont even use a carb cap with it and get good flavor. I feel like carb capping is only beneficial if your doing dabs so big it cools the nail too quick ir if you are pulling to hard, which is easy to do with a big recycler...

that being said... I, who am very high will go into some lamen term physics of nails.

the cup cools itself by drawing air from above it and pulling it through the center of a large area (the cup) around a center shaft (tube) depending on how low the center shaft is determines its cooling characteristic. the lower it is the more it cools the surrounding cup walls, the higher, it cools the cup less becsuse it draws from above it.

a castle or daisy cools quite fast because air is draw from around the top edge of the cup and through the nail, including under the dabbing surface. so a castle or daisy will react very fast with both airflow changes and dabbing.. so with them dab small and focus the flame at the center.

bangers however do not cool the dabbing surface at all, so since air is drawn from a tube above and next to the dabbing surface this one is least prone to changes in temperature due to airflow. the only thing that cools it is time, and your dab.

im interest to see if a 14mm female banger is smaller... it would be nice to have a quartz nail that can handle a big dab frpm time to time... bug if your a tiny dabber like myself most of the time... I think a cup or castle or daisy are just as effective... my favoring the castle but that is strictly opinion. I own both and use both.

dab time.

@Meghan and @DieHard got theirs from greenbuddhashop (dpcountry on ebay). I got a flower or castle nail from the same vendor. Good quality, fast shipping. I doubt the one on BM is 5X better, I'd get one from greenbuddahshop.

farscaper

@Meghan and @DieHard got theirs from greenbuddhashop (dpcountry on ebay). I got a flower or castle nail from the same vendor. Good quality, fast shipping. I doubt the one on BM is 5X better, I'd get one from greenbuddahshop.
I ordered a banger from them for my gordo. that recycler can cool a small quartz nail fast! should have it fri or shatterday!

farscaper,

farscaper

wow I got my banger from green buddah ala dqcounty ebay today and frankly... im gonna go for a refund or something cause it looks like shit... there is white crusty shit at both joint and cup welds and to top it off, wont even sit flush on a 14mm joint.... its total trash!

farscaper,
Reactions: Roger D

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
wow I got my banger from green buddah ala dqcounty ebay today and frankly... im gonna go for a refund or something cause it looks like shit... there is white crusty shit at both joint and cup welds and to top it off, wont even sit flush on a 14mm joint.... its total trash!
I'm sorry to hear that. The first flower nail I got from ebay was crappy, uneven cuts, a crack, wouldn't sit flush. The one I got from DPcountry is way better, sits flat, even, flame polished cuts. @DieHard got a good bucket from them too.

farscaper

I'm sorry to hear that. The first flower nail I got from ebay was crappy, uneven cuts, a crack, wouldn't sit flush. The one I got from DPcountry is way better, sits flat, even, flame polished cuts. @DieHard got a good bucket from them too.
you mean duck quack right?

I got this:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261492670841

they are responing fast.... but rather short statements... at this point they have agreed for me to "send it back." but I dont know if thats a replacement... or refund.... or just you can send it back if you dont want it. I asked and am awaiting reply...

edit: He said I would pay to ship exchange or pay 10 bucks and he would ship another...

Last edited:
farscaper,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Meghan

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I'd been meaning to come in here and report back that I'd received my banger from Green Buddha Shop and absolutely love it. The quality was great considering the price. I'm thinking you just got unlucky...

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I have 18-m and 14-f bangers, both from GreenBuddha and both work well. A lot less oil getting past bucket than got stuck in my TI nail. Also allows bhobombs. It may be placebo but it seems to taste better just dropping the dab instead of using a dabber. Either way, it's a very functional design.

I'd go for the replacement instead of a refund. If purchased through fleabay, paypal makes it easy for buyer to recover if the transaction is unsatisfactory.

farscaper

Yikes, sorry to hear that. I'd been meaning to come in here and report back that I'd received my banger from Green Buddha Shop and absolutely love it. The quality was great considering the price. I'm thinking you just got unlucky...

very true... we shale see. the owner of the ebay dqcountry was really cool in working with me and agreed to ship meca new one with a return label in the box. so I hope to get a top notch replacement!

I appreciated the fact they accepted my offer cause atm im tapped out and didnt even have the cash to pay for return post. I will let you guys know how the replacement is.

farscaper,

farscaper

recieved the replacement banger from green buddah. at least this one will seal on the joint of my gordo recycler (the rig I wanted it for) but ironically it has its own flawed personality too... the tube is slightly restricted at the joint so that it kinda whistles when hitting it lol... but it functions fine.

ill decide if I like it over a castle/daisy design after a few days use.

farscaper,

Meghan

recieved the replacement banger from green buddah. at least this one will seal on the joint of my gordo recycler (the rig I wanted it for) but ironically it has its own flawed personality too... the tube is slightly restricted at the joint so that it kinda whistles when hitting it lol... but it functions fine.

ill decide if I like it over a castle/daisy design after a few days use.

All three of the quartz nails that I own (one banger and two domeless with a center hole-type design) whistle at least slightly. I have no idea what it is about quartz vs. the titanium domeless that I've tried, but so far, they seem prone to a little extra sound effect action! lol.

farscaper

so far its pretty cool. not as low profile so I wont really use it on smaller rigs most likely... hard to be definitive so errly lol. but it really does hold up with a bigger dab and carb cap. although I notice mine after 3 dabs has a thick residue from the shaft being cold... I suppose u can revape this... but the castle tends to not do this as much as center shaft type domeless or I guess a banger is more of an offset shaft...

farscaper,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
pigfoot,

farscaper

I got a new oil rig on the way, and I want to try a Ti nail so....I looked at ebay, and there's a lot of these available. It's a copy of the Do you Dab domeless:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261348636360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Looks pretty good, we'll have to see how it works. My quartz castle does seem to cool down fairly quickly.
I like the design, but I'm hoping this one will stay hot a little longer
$T2eC16d,!)cE9s4Pu,QbBRzley4bQQ~~60_57.JPG
I think you mean a dab essentials clone. I dont actually know if do you dab does a domeless... I mean it might look like that lol but if I were to go ti domeless. thats the style id choose. the vapor will stay hot inside the tiny holes and cause less claim.

farscaper,

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I think you mean a dab essentials clone. I dont actually know if do you dab does a domeless... I mean it might look like that lol but if I were to go ti domeless. thats the style id choose. the vapor will stay hot inside the tiny holes and cause less claim.
Yes! My bad :doh:

farscaper

with the castle its baby dabs or smallish dabs and a carb cap. big dabs never work cause it just self cools too quick. but it fills its needs very nicely in my lineup.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I do little dabs, like 1/2 a grain of rice? It just seem like I get some residue more often with this nail. I judge the temp with a finger (not touching), and maybe when the outside is the right temp the inside is too cool......

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I got a new oil rig on the way, and I want to try a Ti nail so....I looked at ebay, and there's a lot of these available. It's a copy of the Do you Dab domeless:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261348636360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Looks pretty good, we'll have to see how it works. My quartz castle does seem to cool down fairly quickly.
I like the design, but I'm hoping this one will stay hot a little longer

The seller wasn't too descriptive in the listing, but from the photo it looks like it's a two-piece where the top screws on? I like that style for two reasons. One, it makes cleaning easier. Two, the top can be unscrewed in tiny amounts to pull cool air in from under the top instead of above it, which I think keeps the nail hotter a little longer. Even though quartz tastes better, it's hard to beat the even heating curve of TI.

syrupy,

farscaper

I do little dabs, like 1/2 a grain of rice? It just seem like I get some residue more often with this nail. I judge the temp with a finger (not touching), and maybe when the outside is the right temp the inside is too cool......
yes you have got it! the castle/daisy style nail works best with a fine tip torch. I actually use a fine tip butane torch on mine and heat only the center top. maybe the fin/ cuts area on top, but not the outside walls at all really other than heat passing by. with a solo aroma bowl as a carb cap that is my tastiest nail hands down.... but I like to drive it.... not everyone drives a jeep or chevy cause they choose others.

I just think the key with that nail is to heat only the top. center.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Just got back from half-way around the world and ready to...

...Doh! I forgot I broke my castle:(

I got to figure out my next nail asap, and there are so many choices in here.
I am leaning towards the Green Buddah banger 14mm male.

Is there a better banger for the buck?

FlyingLow,
Reactions: DieHard
Top Bottom