Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Texus

it's especially disgusting for them to just poorly attempt a direct copy of what was made by someone else without even asking or anything...
I mean how much of the glass in this thread falls under this category?

(Other than the glass made in the same factory that gets rebadged for companies like Grav or Sneaky Pete).

I can't get down with the ripoff designs. And IMHO objections to this sort of rip off should not be limited to a case where we happen to know the person being ripped off. The innovators should be the ones profiting off of their inspiration. If you can't afford the real deal, save your pennies until you can.

Maybe not a popular take in this thread but that's where my personal moral compass points.

And it isn't like there isn't lots of great glass that isn't ripping off artists still out there and available. And some folks like TAG give you the opportunity to score great deals thru their Seconds which can get a ton of their stuff under $100.

Texus,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I mean how much of the glass in this thread falls under this category?

The part of my sentence you quoted, is actually taken out of context, it was not meant to be a general feeling at all, it was only about that particular situation btw...

Meanwhile I am chatting with samL on reddit, they'll modify the TAG knock off so it is a different enough piece, talking about new versions of FC-MOD among others like UFO variations (anything off their stock)

Last edited:

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

It's funny they became so apologetic after the backlash, saying they didn't know it was a copy, while I'm pretty sure this was already discussed?

@Texus many of the popular pieces that people are getting off dhgate are produced by so many manufacturers (also by respected brands), like the straight fab or Klein incycler.

I'm not a fan of pure clones, devoid of any creativity. I'd still buy it if it's got great function and the piece it copies codt hundreds of €s more. If iDB pieces were 700$ I'd be less annoyed. The issue here for me was that iDB makes these pieces that are highly unique but do not enter that splurging tier. I want to see that evolve and not be leeched off.

Tji89

Just bought Grav Upline glass bong copy from jcglassshop at DHGate. I have not tried the original, but this one performs very well. Bingsbuddery has a good review on his Youtube channel which promted me to buy and it did not dissapoint. I might say it performs poorly if I try the real thing someday, but I can't see how it actually can be better.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I've mentioned before, but I am over buying knockoffs... performance is not comparable to the real ones 99% of the time.

I am willing to sacrifice some of the performance of it means I can prevent paying like 500% the price or more of the knock off.

How i would love to own this beauty:

HIGHER-08-21-1944_1296x.jpg

At 1400$ it's just not a price bracket I can be consuming in.

For 145$ there's this:

2b3777e3-9e78-475c-a3fb-834a564abee3.jpg

I can (and sort of have to) live with a drop in performance because without such savings I can't even experience the attempt to mimic such performance.

I can imagine once I find a piece that really is a winner for me, I will save up for the real deal although 1400$ will remain an unlikely splurge for me.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Why the hell does it cost so much? And half line description, it should be for top connoisseurs and spenders.
That shop is more expensive than typical for Davin Titland glass but his color stuff is always a bit dear. I would advise shopping around if you want one from him:

Last edited:

Madtater

Awesome pieces.

Shitty prices.

Probably enough to keep people away that dont have an abounding amount of splurge money.

Just left my glass in the e garage overnight in below zero temps. And while u emptied it, it still cracked. Was i mad? Not really cuz it was $57. If i had spent $800+ on it, i probably would have started to throw shit. Went out and grabbed another with a different design for $75.

It is all perspective i guess.

**edit**
I am just gonna leave this right here. I tried to do a search if this has been brought up before, but i didnt find anything.

Theres a few videos there where they’re using their glass to hammer nails. Gimmick? Probably, but the video is kinda funny. Also found a video on Youtube of a guy hitting a baseball with it.

Putting that here merely for entertainment value.

Last edited:

condition

That shop is more expensive than typical for Davin Titland glass but his color stuff is always a bit dear. I would advise shopping around if you want one from him:

This looks also amazing. Btw I Managed to cancel my order from Cali Bear, and I also ordered the cough log as my first plugin vape since 2009. Additionally a relative is arriving from US soon. So since I don't have a recycler/incycler type bubbler, I thought to get one from US provided that it won't cost me more than the new vape and it has a small packing size to fit the baggage without taking too much space, otherwise I will go for something like this from dhgate

Shit Snacks

Just bought Grav Upline glass bong copy from jcglassshop at DHGate. I have not tried the original, but this one performs very well. Bingsbuddery has a good review on his Youtube channel which promted me to buy and it did not dissapoint. I might say it performs poorly if I try the real thing someday, but I can't see how it actually can be better.

For what it's worth, flying low is mainly referring to mobius and sovereignty authentic vs knockoff, as he explained previously, I am pretty sure that GRAV knock off is 100% identical if not the actual exact same thing at source... That is because they curate China glass like TAG regardless so it is quite different from the other examples above

For 145$ there's this:

Holy shit snacks, nice find, still not cheap, vintage glass bongs, but nice you can buy just one, and it seems like a pretty new style available in a few different styles (obviously love the pink though it's interesting how it has a different swiss hole configuration) never heard of David's work before now

This looks also amazing. Btw I Managed to cancel my order from Cali Bear, and I also ordered the cough log as my first plugin vape since 2009. Additionally a relative is arriving from US soon. So since I don't have a recycler/incycler type bubbler, I thought to get one from US provided that it won't cost me more than the new vape and it has a small packing size to fit the baggage without taking too much space, otherwise I will go for something like this from dhgate

Oh that is awesome, did you reorder it with the 30% off though? Or you just decided not to get it...?

If you want Biao you can get it shipped quicker from Greek Glass within the US or planet caravan is still having a lot of sales too... Depending what you want to use it with though as I said the RBR is a specific type of piece, also incyclers I would stay away from depending what you want exactly, they are quite different from a regular recycler (RBR is as well its own type of recycler)

GooRoo is a good get this way since international shipping is pretty prohibitive and it is nice unique US glass pieces for vapes...

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

obviously love the pink though it's interesting how it has a different swiss hole configuration) never heard of David's work before now
Yeah the pink is gorgeous but I think I like the Swiss perc on that green one better.

Vintage glass is on the expensive side for China glass though and I'm not sure I like the honeycomb fountainhead, will take some effort to keep the vapor flowing I expect..

Shit Snacks

Yeah the pink is gorgeous but I think I like the Swiss perc on that green one better.

Yeah that is more of it, although I have that already with my swiss hole right angle rig and my protege, so I wouldn't mind the difference to try with the pink one instead actually (those giant Julian ones are disappointing how they only have two swiss holes at the top, but this one is a shorter piece and the swiss holes are bigger at least!)

Vintage glass is on the expensive side for China glass though and I'm not sure I like the honeycomb fountainhead, will take some effort to keep the vapor flowing I expect..

Yeah exactly, I don't know anyone that's actually bought these expensive singular pieces from vintage before, for a while they were really only selling most everything in bulk, but it certainly seems like a nice unique piece and if the quality is there for the price not terrible though does need a good coupon!

I am also curious about that style of inline honeycomb disc fountain, the holes could make it more restrictive chug, or it could be a smooth function like inline to honeycomb??

I have no idea if he is still blowing glass but he used to work for Mothership where he made his name. I think he also is another Seattle artist.

Oh cool, woo Seattle! (I have friends from there lol)

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

Yeah that's what I was thinking, i have that on order. Makes the pink one even more attractive. Also costs a bit less. Vaaaaaaasssss haha but im gonna hold off for now

it certainly seems like a nice unique piece and if the quality is there for the price not terrible though does need a good coupon!
Indeed, it's not an outlandish amount, I'd also expect decent quality although I've never bought from them. If that hc puck works nice it's a good deal.

the holes could make it more restrictive chug, or it could be a smooth function like inline to honeycomb??
Yea i am quite bad at imagining how a perc feels when I'm unfamiliar. I'd expect restriction, so probably smooth? :lol: Which I wouldfavor by the way :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Saw this and thought of @Shit Snacks...not liking it,
rBVaEVfuh8eAXYDMAAIiGpAnL2o958.jpg

Edit, the pillars may add a bit of restriction that would be nice with some vapes over the standard matrix cans.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Edit, the pillars may add a bit of restriction that would be nice with some vapes over the standard matrix cans.

Haha yeah I've seen that one and it is interesting but the matrix ruins it although I'm not sure how well it would function?

condition

Oh that is awesome, did you reorder it with the 30% off though? Or you just decided not to get it...?

If you want Biao you can get it shipped quicker from Greek Glass within the US or planet caravan is still having a lot of sales too... Depending what you want to use it with though as I said the RBR is a specific type of piece, also incyclers I would stay away from depending what you want exactly, they are quite different from a regular recycler (RBR is as well its own type of recycler)

GooRoo is a good get this way since international shipping is pretty prohibitive and it is nice unique US glass pieces for vapes...
I haven't decided yet if I reorder it or not but maybe I won't because it was intended for use with my portables. Now I'm waiting for delivery of my new cough log, so I thought to order a recycler to pair it. As I read you own a CL too. Have you used it with a plain recycler bubbler?

condition,

Alligator427

It is a coppy of a tsunami glass :

Shit Snacks

I haven't decided yet if I reorder it or not but maybe I won't because it was intended for use with my portables. Now I'm waiting for delivery of my new cough log, so I thought to order a recycler to pair it. As I read you own a CL too. Have you used it with a plain recycler bubbler?

The straight fab is actually great with portables and plugins, perfect with a log and injector, convection or conduction, anything honestly... I actually don't have the CL, but I'm not sure why you think it would warrant a recycler in particular...? Also what to you is a plain recycler bubbler?? I don't use most recyclers as often with these vapes as I do stuff like the straight fab honestly...

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

straight fab is actually great with portables and plugins, perfect with a log and injector, convection or conduction, anything honestly...
They were going for that straight can with FOL perc. Which is also great with portables.

@condition I have a recycler I like with CouchLog, but only with hash. Something like a straight fab or a simple can with nice perc is way more versatile. For herb I like my Klein incycler (although I'm waiting on a better executed one from TAG), but it's a lot less versatile and takes more effort to get good function than something like a straight fab or actually many other pieces.

You don't order off dhgate right? And EU based? Theres some EU stores that might be stocking pieces worth checking out.

I have actually been thinking of opening a thread for EU glass, to get a list of stores and glass workers based in EU.

condition

They were going for that straight can with FOL perc. Which is also great with portables.

@condition I have a recycler I like with CouchLog, but only with hash. Something like a straight fab or a simple can with nice perc is way more versatile. For herb I like my Klein incycler (although I'm waiting on a better executed one from TAG), but it's a lot less versatile and takes more effort to get good function than something like a straight fab or actually many other pieces.

You don't order off dhgate right? And EU based? Theres some EU stores that might be stocking pieces worth checking out.

I have actually been thinking of opening a thread for EU glass, to get a list of stores and glass workers based in EU.
Hey I am ordering from Dhgate. I received a Grav Upline Upright from gcglass shop and received it within 3 weeks. Actually I prefer order from dhgate in view of low prices and tax free delivery (I think packages are enter EU from Bulgaria).

Top Bottom