Cheap High Quality Bubbler

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Still ordered the whip attachment, i love all glass but there is just something intensely relaxing about kicking back with a whip.
I used a whip a lot with my first vape, the Herbalaire. It was very convenient and as it was a session vape it worked quite well. Over time, however, I realized I was losing a lot of the goodness to the inside of the whip as it got darker and darker. I bought enough silicone hose to replace it periodically, but I never got over the waste, and I rarely use a whip today.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I used a whip a lot with my first vape, the Herbalaire. It was very convenient and as it was a session vape it worked quite well. Over time, however, I realized I was losing a lot of the goodness to the inside of the whip as it got darker and darker. I bought enough silicone hose to replace it periodically, but I never got over the waste, and I rarely use a whip today.
I wondered about this as well... the tube is about 3x longer, yes, but also has less than a 1/4 of most of my glass mp circumference/surface area... would the collection of buildup be about the same? Does it collect quicker in a more narrow tube (probably cuz it's more constricted)? Does reclaim adhere/collect more quickly on glass than silicone or visa-versa...? Or is it just more noticeable/impossible to fully clean?

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think it collects more on the whip than your glass piece both because it is narrower (like a stem) and because it tends not to be straight so it interrupts the flow more. Think about how much warmer an angled glass piece (like a 45° stem) gets compared to a straight one and how it collects more honey. Also as a whip collects reclaim the surface becomes less smooth which also interrupts flow.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I think it collects more on the whip than your glass piece both because it is narrower (like a stem) and because it tends not to be straight so it interrupts the flow more. Think about how much warmer an angled glass piece (like a 45° stem) gets compared to a straight one and how it collects more honey. Also as a whip collects reclaim the surface becomes less smooth which also interrupts flow.
Yep, makes perfect sense, thanks!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Assuming you're running water and not dry, I would probably expect a water pipe to create more reclaim than a whip. I guess it depends on the vape and size of water tool though, but with a lot of "heavy hitters" you can see "floaters" in the water after just one bowl or two. Sometimes after just a hit or two.

Never seen any data on running vapor through water, but in the In Vitro Validation Of Vaporizers study the Plenty was found to lose ~20-25% of the good stuff to the hose. it using a ribbed stainless steel hose should theoretically be more effective at cooling than a silicone whip, but most silicone whips are probably a bit longer, so perhaps the result could be similar?

That study is what makes me ponder about losses through water. 25% with the Plenty is super high, that's one out of every four grams wasted.

I actually like the whip, it's very laid back, I just find the way they get destroyed to be a turn off. I've never seen a silicone cooking tool get ruined the way a vape whip does.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Even if I was losing 10% or more by using water for vaping, I would still go through water as I am no longer able to take really big unconditioned hits. Partially my age and partially having poisoned myself with tobacco for more than 30 years, I really need the cooling and humidifying of using water for most of my consumption. Obviously I can't do that all the time when out of the house, but I tend to take much smaller hits when out and about. Unless through a friends water piece.
I very rarely get any floaters with vaping (I don't dab) and I change my water daily which probably also reduces the likelihood of that. When I was still combusting cannabis, I would let the water get quite dirty. Vaping has made me much more of a flavor snob, and that is just gross to me now.

ezpz

I like using a whip. Keeps my head away from the glass, so I don't sit there, cross-eyed for 30+ seconds while I watch the milk. Also helps with that feeling of ur vape being attached to ur forehead. Haha. A whip also helps you control the speed of your draw, which is helpful with certain vapes (like the Fw7). I just think its more enjoyable to sit back, hold the whip in your mouth, vaporizer in one hand, and using the other to like this post. 👍 😁

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I certainly like the convenience, and not having to hold your piece, especially if a large one. But as you can see from a post I made elsewhere, the whip will get a little nasty over time.
FC-UFO.jpg

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I certainly like the convenience, and not having to hold your piece, especially if a large one. But as you can see from a post I made elsewhere, the whip will get a little nasty over time.
FC-UFO.jpg

Well that HOSE, shows you need to visit the hose thread... I just jumped in, a page before the last, there is more about silicone hose cleaning here:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
To be honest I think the last time I used a hose with a vape could be counted in years. When I pull out the UFO these days I use the glass stem I had OGB make. I still have that dirty hose, though, coiled up under the vape station. It is next to 4 or 5 more feet of so far unused silicone that I would probably be more likely to use if I wanted to use a hose for something, just because I have it and don't have to clean it first. However it is good to know that ISO CAN be used to clean silicone hose and I may clean it up just so I have it. A hose can be a useful thing, especially should a back go out or other accessibility issue arise. Better to have it at the ready. I was a boy scout for a while after all...

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@cybrguy or @snackmaster or anyone really:

I could see upgrading from my humble and largely neglected D020-D to the Goo Roo inline. As someone who doesn't use water daily I have trouble imagining the value of the three piece model. I've never used a whip and seldom vape at a table or desk. Is there anything I should consider that might make their swappable mouthpiece 3-piece bubbler more useful? Not a pressing concern, I'm just wondering.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

I could see upgrading from my humble and largely neglected D020-D to the Goo Roo inline. As someone who doesn't use water daily I have trouble imagining the value of the three piece model. I've never used a whip and seldom vape at a table or desk. Is there anything I should consider that might make their swappable mouthpiece 3-piece bubbler more useful? Not a pressing concern, I'm just wondering.
Don't forget the removable downstem, too... which means it all can be easily cleaned or chucked in the dishwasher, but yeah, for me, it's all about options... new perc? Sure! Different mouthpiece? Why not! Etc etc... especially with vapes and all the dif tech...

Last edited:

ezpz

Pandemic times. One bong, three people, each with their own mouthpiece.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I contacted them yesterday to ask about ordering the different base, and they got back to me four minutes later with this response:

"Yes they are available with the foot/base! We have yet to update the photo on our site but this was a great reminder to do so! Here is the photo of what you would receive if ordering the small inline!"

The photo they sent is the exact same image @mixchu69 posted. I ordered one today.

Did you get yours?? How is it
@mixchu69 and who else got one??? @Ramahs @Bologna

Finding myself tempted by the small inline now for no good reason as well!

Glad I found this thread revealing that it actually looks different bc they have still not updated that photo on the site!

Actually don't know if I had a problem without it having a base, my issue is I'm not 100% sold on the mouthpiece, if it will be comfortable for me or not, with that sidecar... Hmmm

Definitely getting a couple bangers from them at least!

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

Glad I found this thread revealing that it actually looks different cuz they have still not updated that photo on the site!

Actually don't know if I had a problem without it having a base, my issue is I'm not 100% sold on the mouthpiece, if it will be comfortable for me or not, with that sidecar... Hmmm

I only have the smaller 3-piece Bubbler, well, 2-piece now (actually was more like 5-7) that I broke the mouthpiece like a fuckin' monkey. No worries tho, using the Dabbing Warehouse one and the whip while a new one gets shipped (with a new perc, too!!) No more big glass bodies for me until at least a killer 7/10 or BF deal this year....

mixchu69

Glad I found this thread revealing that it actually looks different bc they have still not updated that photo on the site!

I did receive mine and it’s a nice little rig to carry around my place. But if I could do it again, i would have got the large inline.

this was my test piece to see if I like inlines and I prefer showerhead perc.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I did receive mine and it’s a nice little rig to carry around my place. But if I could do it again, i would have got the large inline.

this was my test piece to see if I like inlines and I prefer showerhead perc.

Thanks! I like the sound of it being little and easy to carry, what makes you think the large would have been better? Larger can, or the mouthpiece placement??

What is it about the shower head that you prefer? I forgot about those!

I have in line to honeycomb already, and I have a circ perc FC mod, hydracirc, hydratree, pwnt, and mini klein recycler... Am I missing a sidecar in line, or a shower head, or something else? I don't even use water that much currently outside of aromatizer bandit and dabbing, but I have plenty like now G43, Piro, GH + PA and logs so maybe I should diversify again?

mixchu69

Thanks! I like the sound of it being little and easy to carry, what makes you think the large would have been better? Larger can, or the mouthpiece placement??

What is it about the shower head that you prefer? I forgot about those!

I have in line to honeycomb already, and I have a circ perc FC mod, hydracirc, hydratree, pwnt, and mini klein recycler... Am I missing a sidecar in line, or a shower head, or something else? I don't even use water that much currently outside of aromatizer bandit and dabbing, but I have plenty like now G43, Piro, GH + PA and logs so maybe I should diversify again?
With the smaller piece, some water can splash up into the sidecar mp (I’m hoping I got the terminology right). I got to tilt the piece to get that small amount of water back in the base. More of an ocd thing.

I think showerheads are a lil smoother but don’t sacrifice much flavor. My inline has more of a chug (something I like in my dab rigs). but my only experience with an inline is this piece, so I guess it’s too early to say I prefer showerheads.

edit. But it is currently tied to my tubo evic

Top Bottom