Cheap High Quality Bubbler

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Would the mothership serve well for flowers, or is it mostly recommended for oil?

I've been looking into this. It's interesting, because until fairly recently, the standard oil rig was small, with minimum diffusion. Lately, Mothership's designs have been getting a lot of use as oil rigs. I think this is partly due to the increasing use of enails, which require a more stable, heavy bubbler, and the fact that they are beautiful. Here what an insider had to say:

"The Ball Rig, along with all the jointed Mothership models, was designed for flower, and for the water to cover up to half of the internal ball. With that level it churns water hard. People who use Ball rigs to dab will usually put the water just above the Perc, which will make it a bit airy. It also defeats the purpose a bit, with the concept being that you can pull hard on a ball with alot of water in it, and centrifugal force forces the bubbles to peak over the top of the internal ball without going up the mouthpiece. While Fab Egg's have been the go-to Mothership for people to get, alot of people who own the whole line favor the Ball Rig.

Remember that just the Mini/Mini Straight Fab were designed for dabbing. The current prediction is that Mini-Fixie version of the Torus/Ball Rig/Fab/Klein will eventually go into production, similar to the Elites that appeared at Relics of the Stars, a show we did with them back in August."

redcon

@pigfoot when you say Ball rig you are referring to designs similar to the fc-710 perc, correct?

For the FC-710, I am filling the water to just slightly above where the mouthpiece arm connects to the chamber. Is that the appropriate amount of water?

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
@pigfoot when you say Ball rig you are referring to designs similar to the fc-710 perc, correct?

For the FC-710, I am filling the water to just slightly above where the mouthpiece arm connects to the chamber. Is that the appropriate amount of water?

That was a quote, so it wasn't my statement :), but I would assume it was referring to a Mothership ball rig like this one.
Mod note: picture of counterfeit glass removed.

My FC 710 is still in China, but I hope to have it soon! Here's a pic from @DieHard, looks like you're in the ballpark.
Hsk9hGd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
@redcon that sucks about that piece, but I understand, that would drive me crazy too. I have a straight fab that I tried with flower, and it's ok, but the water level needed scares me slightly. When you pull to clear, the water runs back up the stem a little too far, almost reaching the joint. I don't think it could actually reach the bowl area, but I just don't like it for flower. I got my sidecar from Yingman (I think) and it was a very good piece. Mouthpiece was straight, perc was good, base was solid.

galacticdad

I went back to my C&C Pyrology rig after using the FC-710 and the FC-Ball for a minute and I'm falling in love with it all over again.

For anyone else curious about those Hitman x Liquid Sci juice box rigs; someone left a review on one of the higher priced (~$100) sellers' page saying how it does not look like the pictures. One seller has them for around $20 and I'm pretty sure any juice box rig just looks like this:

Mod note: pic of counterfeit product removed

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I went back to my C&C Pyrology rig after using the FC-710 and the FC-Ball for a minute and I'm falling in love with it all over again.

I've been looking for a second rig, ordered the FC-710. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the differences between them, etc. Does your 710 make a whistling noise? Also, what is this FC-Ball you speak of? Can't find anything on it.

i've been away for some time, looking for a new dab rig in the $35 dollar range. i see the fc-710/xy-17 is around that price right now. think that is going to be the best piece in that price range? would love to hear some suggestions, it'll be for dabbing only.

going to risk it and go with the straight fab from seller lixia or something like that

Hey guys..I currently use clean clear glass fab egg as my daily driver. It's the only rig I bought from china so far... I'm thinking about getting a new piece or two...strictly for dabs...looking for a suggestion or two....flavor is more important than smoothness...

I would go with the 710, or maybe the d-cycler. I also like this little guy, although I haven't heard anything about it here.

rBVaGFZ0DpiAZwFXAAE-m8bcoJU623.jpg

ahh i see! thanks for adding the pictures! really appreciate it.

yea, I can see how buying a gram or so at 50-60/g can add up very fast. (dispensary i frequent has good quality live resin for 50-60/g)

However, I just dont see it feasible to spend upwards of 300+ for enail. especially since im not going to be using it for longer than 5 or 6 months. Maybe in the future.

i've seen a few enails (gimido) for 100-200$; are they worth it? good product?

For a less expensive alternative, try a quartz banger with carb cap. These are the nice thick ones, that really hold the heat. I haven't ordered from this vendor, but he has some good reviews on reddit. I ordered from Hymanquartz01 His prices are a little higher (see what I did there ?), but he gets great reviews.

Well since my FC-710 didn't make it in one piece I'm going to order another oil rig. I see 3 I really like but 1 is a bit more money. I was thinking about going with Glass Artist since it looks like his stuff is slightly higher quality? If anyone has had any experience with any of these let me know.

I read someone on here liked this one more than the FC-710. It looks like a solid piece that wouldn't break as easily as the 710 either.
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-feb-newest-glass-bong-9-quot-inches/247499767.html

7-4-in-hollow-out-glass-bong-4mm-thickness.jpg

And this looks really nice but I would need to see a water function video before pulling the trigger for that much coin! Anyone familiar with this original TAG or the knock off?

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-bong-glass-bong-glass-bongs-hookah/247500244.html

2015-new-glass-bong-colorized-tag-glass-perc.jpg

AND I have been looking at this Phoenix glass Hfy_glass piece for a while and love it. They went up $10 on the purple and slyme colored pieces or I would have already ordered it! Anyone used this one?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/the-n...chaun/264431082.html#cart_saveforlater-7-null

the-newest-toro-glass-jet-perc-leprechaun.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on these or another bad ass oil rig to try until I can get some sort of diffusion pump intact?

So, Which would you get?
I guess I'd go for the Toro, proven design, function video, good esthetics. I don't like female joints for an oil rig, so the fab is out. Not sure about the tag, looks cool, but that dome might block the view of the nail. Also, they don't have a lot of pics, and Ican't see the perc(s).

Mod note: Four posts merged

weenstoned

For a less expensive alternative, try a quartz banger with carb cap. These are the nice thick ones, that really hold the heat. I haven't ordered from this vendor, but he has some good reviews on reddit. I ordered from Hymanquartz01 His prices are a little higher (see what I did there ?), but he gets great reviews.

@DrSteez Seconding a banger, I have an e-nail that I rarely use anymore cuz I am mostly using a banger on a minitube. Not much difference once you get your technique down (well maybe if you spring for an expensive nail like a dnail halo but I wouldn't know) just slightly less convenient. Also you don't even really need to buy a carb cap as you can cap it with a marble or anything flat and glass (one of my go to caps is a glass jar from the dollar store).

galacticdad

I've been looking for a second rig, ordered the FC-710. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the differences between them, etc. Does your 710 make a whistling noise? Also, what is this FC-Ball you speak of? Can't find anything on it.

@pigfoot The 710 is great for retaining the flavor because it actually doesn't have much diffusion going on judging by what other's have said in this thread. The D-Cycler is just a nice recycler with a cool function and a decent draw but slightly less crafted for flavor preservation. My FC-710 doesn't make a whistling noise; just the usual rattle from the little ball in the pump. The FC-Ball is a Stevenlmz079 piece.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@redcon I would recommend you get a GB-187-S from yingmin. He is a preferred vendor and the quality of the perc is better than stevens.
@Nugg I guess I'm pretty lame?

I have a {FC-186; FC-187;FC-UFO & Just ordered a HYDRO-TUBE from FC}? Plus I have most of the D-Series expect the D020-D!
And a bunch of CALIFORNIA made stuff! Kathy057 stuff as well?

I don't have anything from who you recomend?

I'm such a rookie?

rBVaHFYzZ6iAKAT7AAWnBi7BMH8840.jpg

I have this coming!
I just received the FC 278?
Not sure on the number?
This thing with my JHOOK is crazy good!

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
@Nugg
I'm such a rookie?

I don't think a Rookie would stuff a chillum into a mouthpiece. :cool:

It's not what you buy or who you buy from, it's all about what you vape out of it!

But make sure you get a satisfactory piece, they're cheap enough to worry less you blew some pocket money. Strike out, sell it, give it away and try again.

Mister G,
Reactions: Poostuff

Mangos

I have a {FC-186; FC-187;FC-UFO & Just ordered a HYDRO-TUBE from FC}? Plus I have most of the D-Series expect the D020-D!

I'm such a rookie?

I have this coming!
Let us know how it works with the Evo, when you get it please good sir.

Mangos,

redcon

@redcon I would recommend you get a GB-187-S from yingmin. He is a preferred vendor and the quality of the perc is better than stevens.

Thanks for the recommendation. In your opinion, would the GB-187-S or GB-186-1 be better for using an GonG and vaporizer? My anecdotal guess would be that the GB-187-S would be better for vaping, and the GB-186-1 would be better for combustion, because of the single vs double perc when taking the long deep inhales for vaping vs furious quick inhales for combustion, but this is a pure guess on my part...

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/hot-sell-the-newest-glass-bong-glass-smoking/190640698.html

http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-s...oking/229344799.html#s1-5-1b;searl|2061907669

Edit: rather than limit my selection to those two models, what are the two or three most liked pieces for flowers when intended for vaping?

Last edited:
redcon,
Reactions: Nugg

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep

I'm such a rookie?

I have this coming!

:hmm:
Didn't gaseous clay say they are changing the perc? Didn't we advise against getting this because of all the defects until V2 comes out?
Edit @ataxian I was talking about the hydratube.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
:hmm:
Didn't gaseous clay say they are changing the perc? Didn't we advise against getting this because of all the defects until V2 comes out?
I'll just buy the new as well!
Mine all work fine?

Sorry!

GDP; PINE TREES OG; GOD'S GIFT = WHAT A MIX = MAX OG

I am medicating with CANNABIS not CRYSTAL METH?

My Collection only contains 30 pieces.
OK when I break something I order something else.
Is this the right forum?

CANNABIS is FREE!

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I'll just buy the new as well!
Mine all work fine?

Sorry!

GDP; PINE TREES OG; GOD'S GIFT = WHAT A MIX = MAX OG

I am medicating with CANNABIS not CRYSTAL METH?

My Collection only contains 30 pieces.
OK when I break something I order something else.
Is this the right forum?

CANNABIS is FREE!
Just ordered the FC-278 what a dynamic piece, loving the possibilities! Saw your review and said sign me up!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Just ordered the FC-278 what a dynamic piece, loving the possibilities! Saw your review and said sign me up!
I had the impulse to collect stuff?

Still do no matter.

Collecting GAS is what I think this thread is for?

I'm medicated with HOLY GRAIL!

GDP x GOD'S GIFT x PINE TREES = MAX
FC287 without the base from kathy057 hooked up to a FC-UFO JHOOK as well made me Dedicated to the art of medication!

Last edited:

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Can't wait to attach the FC-278 to the outlet of my FC-UFO then apply the mouthpiece from the 278 on top and I can use multiple vapes with separate percs, at once, let the ultimate vape mash up begin!:science::freak:

Still do no matter.

FC287 without the base from kathy057 hooked up to a FC-UFO JHOOK as well made me Dedicated to the art of medication!
Ahhh the gas crisis....

Nugg

@ataxian you? Lame? Not possible!

Yingmin is just a glass hustler.

CANNABIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL.

;)

Dedicated to the art of medication!

This needs to be your signature :rofl:

@redcon It all really depends on your personal taste. Do you take sips or do you want to finish a load in one hit? Do you prefer flavour or do you need your hits to be as smooth as possible? What vape will you use it with? Do you own any other water tools?

The 187 and 186 are actually very similar in dry volume but the 186 defuses more. I like them both but my 187 is not a side car, I wish it was as it helps keep the vape out of your face.

Last edited:

virtualpurple

Still do no matter.

Can you clarify what you mean when referring to the fc287 without the base? Where did you purchase from my friend?

Also, has anyone heard any developments with the cobra can as of yet?

Top Bottom