Cheap High Quality Bubbler

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
So I have my new evo coming in on Monday and just sold my bubbler and am looking for a replacement piece to use with the evo. I'm looking at the GB 186 and the d020d. I want a heavy hitter that can build a large hit but at the same time want flavor retention which worries me about the GB 186. Please let me know your thoughts.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/hot-sell-the-newest-glass-bong-glass-smoking/190628396.html#s1-2-1

http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/187214099.html#pd-019
I have the GB-186 and like it a lot. My only gripe is that the mouthpiece is slightly too high for me to hit comfortably sitting in my "dab lab" chair.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
You are pretty much endorsing 1:1 knock offs that are getting used to rip off unaware customers. This is why I kept reporting posts of those, sadly to no avail. How anybody into glassblowing can still support this thread is beyond me. I for one am out.
I am into glassblowing, and I support this thread. I wonder if the first person to make a hamburger hated restaurants. Do you buy generic drugs? I think it's insane drug companys can patent a cheap product and charge an insane price, when other people/companies could easily make it but just wasn't quick enough for the patent. Now coverups or glass blowers selling as originals I don't agree! However, that is their faux pa not ours, shame on you for scolding our great community and seemingly calling us all hoaxers.

Cablue

So I have my new evo coming in on Monday and just sold my bubbler and am looking for a replacement piece to use with the evo. I'm looking at the GB 186 and the d020d. I want a heavy hitter that can build a large hit but at the same time want flavor retention which worries me about the GB 186. Please let me know your thoughts.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/hot-sell-the-newest-glass-bong-glass-smoking/190628396.html#s1-2-1

http://m.dhgate.com/product/d020-d-bubbler-glass-water-percolator-smoking/187214099.html#pd-019

While I don't have a GB 186, I have the Stereo Matrix DI special edition and tbh I realllllly don't like it. It's apparent now that double matrix stacking is just WAY too chuggy with way too much water for my liking, he might of fixed it with his new versions this christmas by decreasing the perc sizes on both the Trichome and Stereo versions though. Let's just say my stereo hasn't been touched in quite a bit since I got the bubbler version of it.

I'd recommend something with less water, but if chuggy and smooth is what you're looking for it could be a hit!

Cablue,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I have said this before. I believe that the knock-off attempts can be taken as a positive. This will keep the real innovators doing what they do best, innovating! Now, as for outright counterfeiting. By this I mean branding a knock-off as authentic is bad. Absolutely unconscionable. I do, however laugh at the ROOR logos on my GB-186. I would not laugh if it had möbius logos on it and I paid $$$$ for it.
Counterfeiters should be shot with a ball of their own :shit:!

Cablue

I have said this before. I believe that the knock-off attempts can be taken as a positive. This will keep the real innovators doing what they do best, innovating! Now, as for outright counterfeiting. By this I mean branding a knock-off as authentic is bad. Absolutely unconscionable. I do, however laugh at the ROOR logos on my GB-186. I would not laugh if it had möbius logos on it and I paid $$$$ for it.
Counterfeiters should be shot with a ball of their own :shit:!

As an avid e-cig/box mod user I agree with this as well. China clones are what force the innovation of better products, without it they could get rather stagnant and milk the shit out of things.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Now coverups or glass blowers selling as originals I don't agree!

This is the only issue I take with it too. And I'm afraid to say it may hurt the resale of genuine pieces. Fake logo's are not cool.

The way I look at it is just like the photography business. If some "professional's" product (photos) cannot be distinguished from that of an amateur that hasn't had the same time and experience in the craft as they have, maybe their products don't demand the price they ask. Adding a fake Watermark to an image would be akin to adding a fake logo.

On the flip side, not everybody can afford a Professional photographer for there wedding/Senior Portraits. Does this mean they should not get a product from someone trying to duplicate that of a pro? Sure the product isn't as great, but it's still functional and has use and meaning.

"Perfection is a lot of little things done well" That is why they cost the most money, as with most things in life.

mixchu69

As an avid e-cig/box mod user I agree with this as well. China clones are what force the innovation of better products, without it they could get rather stagnant and milk the shit out of things.
I totally agree. Capitalism leads to greater innovation. In my business, if a new competitor jumps in with better prices, it forces you to create 'value added' and innovate. With those high priced, famous glassblowers, they will always have a market because a lot of people don't trust China yet. They want the real thing.

It's like Rolex counterfeits. China copies but quality is not the same. Rolex is doing well even with counterfeits because their product is so damn good. Sorry to steer from the conversation.

blankrider

You are pretty much endorsing 1:1 knock offs that are getting used to rip off unaware customers. This is why I kept reporting posts of those, sadly to no avail. How anybody into glassblowing can still support this thread is beyond me. I for one am out.

okbsjc.jpg
I support knockoffs 100% when it is clear and out in the open. I absolutely in no way support counterfeit products which are a different category. It boils my blood seeing China glass misrepresented as the real thing and people getting ripped off. I have been blocked by many people flipping China glass on Instagram because I have called them out. I once posted a DHgate link for the knockoff Ben Wilson inline to triple donut during an IG auction that was up to $125 when it actually sold for $25 shipped. I wish I had a screen shot of people's reaction.

Instead of giving me grief for trying to share an affordable product with my friends you should go after the people trying to trick someone for a profit.

Cablue

I support knockoffs 100% when it is clear and out in the open. I absolutely in no way support counterfeit products which are a different category. It boils my blood seeing China glass misrepresented as the real thing and people getting ripped off. I have been blocked by many people flipping China glass on Instagram because I have called them out. I once posted a DHgate link for the knockoff Ben Wilson inline to triple donut during an IG auction that was up to $125 when it actually sold for $25 shipped. I wish I had a screen shot of people's reaction.

Instead of giving me grief for trying to share an affordable product with my friends you should go after the people trying to trick someone for a profit.

Yeah, I've seen the same thing on nuggetry and have commented to call out as well. That is definitely where the line needs to be drawn. It's a shame for people that aren't well-versed in the glass field.

blankrider

LongIslandmom

I have used the DO20 with the evo and it's really a nice pair. It's a little big but the D020 handles the evo beast like a champ

tennstrong

Looking for a small bubbler which one should i get 1 or 2.

Please read the thread or search as this has been asked numerous times. Search for reviews of the gb187 (2) or the d020 (1). Personally I'd go with the second as it seems more akin to the mobius matrix perc as opposed to a 1 layer reti, and is I believe 2 or 3 inches taller (someone with both can measure up). If it were me I'd use the SSS for the gb187 or kathy for the d020
Edit: sorry it seems like it's a smaller gb187 with 1 band instead of 2. I'd still go with the gb187 from SSS from the above though for 4$ more, taller/wider can and better qual (http://www.dhgate.com/product/chris...k/213565100.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null)
I see a lot of people are asking glass advice as of recent- my recommendations are as such:
1. 10-12 Inch female bubbler (solo/most vapes use male joint adapters so these are prime)- gb 187 based on reviews alone. Personally I have a US made piece very similar but a circ to turbine so these are kind of non appliant to me without having a very unique perc
2. Larger tube- I'd probably say the mobius stereo matrix knockoff (you will not have your percs be straight, just dont expect it to happen haha) so the function seems to be a little chuggy and off, but still seems solid for a larger tube. That aside I'd just go to a local glassblower and pay <$100-150 for just a normal clear pulled bong around 16" with basic downstem/none that will last you a lifetime. I find people looking for a bong style tube will most definitely have theirs break from china, while I really have had solid experiences with US glass. (except sovereignty, my sov downline king broke so bad I won't buy another again out of pure agony, piece worked great though)
3. Recycler- my current vote actually goes to either the recent pyrology knockoffs (these actually look like they function dope and I might even grab one http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/8-7-inch-glass-recycler-amazing-vortex-recycler/216222776.html) or the slumgold (http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/6-3inch-black-oil-rigs-vapor-rigs-glass-water/216078850.html). And between these two I'd probably lean towards the slumgold one, a closed colored downstem that seemingly functions very nicely (the other I would say would have more of a smooth pull vs this very chuggy one, and that is my personal preference towards chuggy rigs). That being said, wait til they pop up on other vendors aside from CCG for less $$, and with less shipping charges / terrible recent customer experience [personally I won't buy from them now].

Last edited:
tennstrong,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

swag88

Please read the thread or search as this has been asked numerous times. Search for reviews of the gb187 (2) or the d020 (1). Personally I'd go with the second as it seems more akin to the mobius matrix perc as opposed to a 1 layer reti, and is I believe 2 or 3 inches taller (someone with both can measure up)

2 is not gb 187

swag88,

grokit

well-worn member
So have the gb-186 and the gb-186-1 become one?
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-s...glass-smoking/190628396.html#s1-1-1|602503217
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-s...lass-smoking/190640698.html#s1-0-1|1572215622
:shrug:
The gb-186 was not a stereo matrix like the -1 is. These appear to be the same piece and the original smaller sub-$40 gb-186 has disappeared? I'm looking for the smaller, original gb-186. I'm guessing that they're both sold out, because this bigger one is only available by the dozen now, like the smaller one was recently, before it went away. I wonder if the smaller one will ever come back...

jujuzeking

Hi there long time lurker, first time poster. Been following this thread for a while, great info. Just have a few questions

Recently I keep coming across these Mothership style minis with the fixed quartz for 150-200$ these definitely look China made to me, especially since there's never a mention of artist. Would love any help finding this piece (any colors, this is first example I came across while looking for a picture)

I've also been seeing these kleins on greenbuddhashop's instagram. They function nicely but also look look China made, especially since many other pieces available through their page are definitely china. Would love help finding these! Thank you!

http://imgur.com/a/fax08

jujuzeking,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
So have the gb-186 and the gb-186-1 become one?
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-s...glass-smoking/190628396.html#s1-1-1|602503217
http://www.dhgate.com/product/hot-s...lass-smoking/190640698.html#s1-0-1|1572215622
:shrug:
The gb-186 was not a stereo matrix like the -1 is. These appear to be the same piece and the original smaller sub-$40 gb-186 has disappeared? I'm looking for the smaller, original gb-186. I'm guessing that they're both sold out, because this bigger one is only available by the dozen now, like the smaller one was recently, before it went away. I wonder if the smaller one will ever come back...
AFIK the difference between the GB-186 and the GB-186-1 is the lot size. The 186-1 is for single unit sales. I do not remember seeing 2 different sized versions.

tennstrong

Hi there long time lurker, first time poster. Been following this thread for a while, great info. Just have a few questions

Recently I keep coming across these Mothership style minis with the fixed quartz for 150-200$ these definitely look China made to me, especially since there's never a mention of artist. Would love any help finding this piece (any colors, this is first example I came across while looking for a picture)

I've also been seeing these kleins on greenbuddhashop's instagram. They function nicely but also look look China made, especially since many other pieces available through their page are definitely china. Would love help finding these! Thank you!

http://imgur.com/a/fax08
Those kleins are definitely china and I'm looking for a source on those too. The piece you linked however, I am not sure is china and I have seen local glassblowers offering them for around 100-150, so if you want to pay that range you can get them locally and directly from the blower which is another benefit. (I can double check but I dont think that china is throwing out the ms mini knockoffs yet)

Cablue

Looking for a small bubbler which one should i get 1 or 2.

Hey man, just wanted to post this up here as I think its one of the most underrated and overlooked pieces on the forum. Not sure why after having seen a water test from Fred M. (credits to him for the video, I just uploaded it to youtube to share). I think its just hard to find amongst the sea of other great cheap pieces on the site itself.

Anyways here's the video. Decide for yourself :)

-I'll give another little review when I get it myself as I have ordered it (I already own 2 authentic mobius pieces so I didn't opt for the matrix series from any DHgate seller), hopefully when I arrive home next week. Looks like a really great piece for all the vapers too as the water level can get to seemingly high levels without splashback.

http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/15cm-height-two-function-glass-pipes-glass/201698843.html

Last edited:

Cablue

I can tell you that I am 100% without a doubt sure these are China glass. The colors scream CHINA. The source is yet to be discovered
4YTubR3.jpg

J4auGf6.jpg

I hear they are from alibaba being sold in lots, which is one of the reason you are only seeing them from other resellers and not personal profiles. Seen alottttt of online shops carrying these the last few weeks in my epic search for a decent honey bucket. Once again kind of a shame, but thats how some of those shops make their big profits I guess...sigh. DHgate should get on these :)!

Top Bottom