Cheap High Quality Bubbler

rgrig

I submit to you my first video. As you can tell, I'm totally a pro. I kid. I didn't realize how slow I was pulling, it picks up towards the end. This is the Hamm Exo Diffy knockoff I picked up locally. Really not bad for the price, but out of respect for Mr. Hamm, I will one of his larger pieces one day!
Thanks for all the knowledge FC!

BoogerMan

Got my Starbud Frapps in from hempgarage.com today.

Ordered: 6/2/14
Delivered: 6/9/14

Very happy with shipping time and packaging and price! $102 for 2 including shipping to the US!

I absolutely love this bubbler!

Zero defects! Hard to believe for only $50

Feels like 3-4mm thick. The logos won't last long unless you don't get any solvent on it when cleaning. No big deal. I'll get a nice Starbucks sticker when it wears off :)

Some pics:
2CE74912-5B79-450C-B7A0-4FDE4CBCCB8C_zpsqhxklqgb.jpg

6AB5736C-A06B-4C74-8696-BE1BD6FDD24D_zps4qbemvnt.jpg

D2C05C62-4424-44FD-AD64-4BCF2A03C430_zpsdjljb33s.jpg

E23EAB3D-B6BB-4E26-9DFE-20008DB2D403_zpsxuqnl01x.jpg

D2ADDA4F-3FA1-4E0E-BACF-0528149220B6_zpsipuggsbp.jpg

F290A3F1-BAB8-44BA-B5C6-F56902453936_zpsdqjxir4h.jpg

Anonymouse

Sith I care
Sweet!! Might be a pain in the ass for the little bit of $ you could get for them, but let us know if we can PM for requests. Wouldn't mind some freaky designs - especially for my cheap Chinese pieces. Can't beat a vinyl sticker that can easily be removed if you tire of it.

We could use vinyl stickers for our special "brands" that only exist in this thread. "Fauxbius", "Hitdude" (or "Hitguy"? "Skintman"? "Shitman"?), "Pooro", and of course, "PooP", with one of the "P"s reversed like the RooR logo. Ideally they'd be copies of the original logo designs with only the text changed to the new spellings, so from a distance they look "real", but up close, are amusing.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
We could use vinyl stickers for our special "brands" that only exist in this thread. "Fauxbius", "Hitdude" (or "Hitguy"? "Skintman"? "Shitman"?), "Pooro", and of course, "PooP", with one of the "P"s reversed like the RooR logo. Ideally they'd be copies of the original logo designs with only the text changed to the new spellings, so from a distance they look "real", but up close, are amusing.
NHfrNV8.png

:tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Your confusing me with someone else. I only got 4 pieces right now and one on the way. :evil:

I'm just messing!

Just one piece is enough really.

I do something different every session.
When I revisit some stuff it's a whole new experience.

Tomorrow the "TKO", Weeednesday D022, Thursday D020, Friday the D020 - T, Saturday the DABBERS,
Sunday ASH COLLECTORS and JHOOKS. NEXT week combinations daily.

I love your big pieces and one day I'll get some once I find a place to put them.

The D020 - Q I will order next I think?
1.0x0.jpg

I have this and haven't used it but 2x?
It works well I just need to rotate it more!
uA9lqCJ.jpg

D020
pzwFhyt.jpg

D022
VRzOf4N.jpg

"TKO"
eCkfqXs.jpg

SMOKE SHOP SPECIAL (7mm thick glass)
4ODueEo.jpg

D020 - T

Last edited:

ou812?

YEAH BUDDY!! many thanks to all of us who dig and dig and find these rigs .Heres a fav and be sure to check out the # on it. We are fortunate and smart consumers on FC. Like I have mentioned before,its nice to cut out the many middle peeps and enjoy our legwork and enthusiasm for this fun-ctional art @ great prices .......... :tup:

http://smokecartel.com/products/turbine-cyclone-perculator-water-pipe :mental: there are also some other cool designs, be sure to look at prices, some are respectable for the rig and some others are ...meh.......:peace:http://smokecartel.com/products/turbine-cyclone-perculator-water-pipe

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker

I too have a vinyl printer (though mine is over 18 years old! - old school parallel port Roland!). Unfortunately it doesn't print anymore ($700 to replace the print head!), but the cutting blade works just fine. I can vinyl cut any logos from single color PVC vinyl (or two colors if desired by overlaying the pieces). I make decals/logos for my cars and such all the time. The PVC holds up real well even after years out in the sun as a store sign. Leaves no visible residue behind when removed after 4 years on my rear windshield

I won't post any name brand logos for sale on my etsy store, but if you guys need any vinyl cut, PM me. My machine is collecting dust in the corner, I need an excuse to fire her up again. I would like you to supply the vector files (AI or EPS formats preferred) as I'm not great with 2D design

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
If we make them parodies of actual brand names and logos like I suggested, then it's perfectly legal to make and resell them, since they're not claiming to be something they're not, they're making fun of something they're not.

True, but I don't want to get into any trouble with the mods of this awesome site by posting anything which could be construed as selling "counterfeit" goods. Fake logos of your own design should be fine (i hope).

If you want to supply some fake graphics in a vector format, I'll make up a sample and toss it on my glass for a reference picture. If ya'll like, I'll put them on my Etsy store for $1 or $2 each (hopefully they are small enough I can toss them in an envelope with a piece of cardboard to keep them from bending so shipping will be under $1)

But this is going off topic a bit, let me get my vinyl printer up and running (and buy a roll of some vinyl since I don't have any good stuff!), and I'll start a new thread to discuss. Anyone who wants to discuss specific graphics and sizes before then, please PM me.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
I'm looking for a rubber plug to fit 14 male joint. For use during PBW wash.Seems like the smallest is .5 in. (too large). Anyone have something that works for them?

Never mind - found rubber earplug works great!

@Ratchett has an answer for that too in his 3D printer thread.

GB189 w/Ratchett plugs, joint is 18mm but plug tapers very small at point.

Plug3.jpg

Vitolo

Vaporist
I'm looking for a rubber plug to fit 14 male joint. For use during PBW wash.Seems like the smallest is .5 in. (too large). Anyone have something that works for them?

Never mind - found rubber earplug works great!
Ace Hardware sell rubber stoppers and real cork stoppers at very low cost
as low as 11¢ each.
I prefer cork stoppers.
Rubber over time dries out from contact with alcohol, so it is my preference.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I have a set on the way, but I think they are too big for a 14 male......

Yup, just got a new tube of the aquarium silicon - I'll be whipping up a new batch of tapered plugs this week. And I'm making a new wider plug for use with the PNWT (I'll upload to the store in a few days once I've confirmed it fits)

Though indeed, my current tapered plug wasn't designed for 14mm male joints (barely fits into an 18mm male joint). Though that's a common enough size you can typically find a small rubber or cork plugs at your local hardware store to fit that size.

Maybe I'll make a tiny version of my tapered plugs for use with male joints and the pinhole mouthpiece on my D020-W

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
I just use my thumbs:)

Thumb works great, but I don't want to stay there holding it for 30 min. while my PBW does it's work :shrug:

Yup, just got a new tube of the aquarium silicon - I'll be whipping up a new batch of tapered plugs this week. And I'm making a new wider plug for use with the PNWT (I'll upload to the store in a few days once I've confirmed it fits)

Though indeed, my current tapered plug wasn't designed for 14mm male joints (barely fits into an 18mm male joint). Though that's a common enough size you can typically find a small rubber or cork plugs at your local hardware store to fit that size.

Maybe I'll make a tiny version of my tapered plugs for use with male joints and the pinhole mouthpiece on my D020-W

That's what I figured, tiny plugs sound great!

I'll try to remember to give it a go on a 14mm joint when I go home from work later, but I think it'll fit, albeit will stick WAY out.

Edit: Ratchett clarified, I guess I'm wrong?

@ataxian - I need one for 14mm MALE - they are tiny!

The earplug I found works perfect!

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
This place is making me OCD about always hitting clean glass. Last week I cleaned my 189 EVERY DAY. I also blame watching myself vape in the mirror, I just want the clearest picture. I find after a while the glass fogs up and the oil build up makes the sides retain condensation. I don't really want to use the rezblock or cranberry, so I salt ISO shake, it only takes a couple min and lasts a day or two before I get that itch to clean it again.

Does anyone make glass with a built in LED or glowing material so you can see your vapor form better in the can at night? I'm thinking of macguyver-ing something for that purpose. Could be a very cool add-on product for vaporists.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Does anyone make glass with a built in LED or glowing material so you can see your vapor form better in the can at night? I'm thinking of macguyver-ing something for that purpose. Could be a very cool add-on product for vaporists.
Maybe search (rgb) led vase light? I'm going to get a battery powered one for my setup, been looking and want something like this one:
vase-lighting-10-black-led-vase-light-battery-operated-80-rgbw-2.jpg

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/vaselights1.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom