Cheap High Quality Bubbler

BoogerMan

I'm considering getting this. Is there any reason I should not go for it?

https://thick-quality-glass.myshopi...t-neck-double-honeycomb-spinning-splash-guard

Also theres this one for 10 dollars more but it seems to be the same exact thing. I can't see any differences. https://thick-quality-glass.myshopi...interior-honeycomb-with-spinning-splash-guard

The first one is like my straight tube double honeycomb to turbine. Check my post about the volcano bag on page 271. I took a video this morning.

The second one for $10 more is an interior double honeycomb to turbine. In my experience the interior double honeycomb has more drag.

I would personally go with the first and cheaper one. But like Ratchett said, it may be excessive to have that amount of diffusion when vaping. Then again, everyone has their own preference. This amount of diffusion will kill most of the flavor but it will also be the coolest vapor since it travels through more water.

I like using mine everyone once in a while or to impress friends with the amount of diffusion, but it honestly isn't the best daily user if you like the flavor of your vape.

@Tweak that is true. Even if you combine multiple zero drag percs the end result will still have some drag. I had to test this just to make sure haha :) talk about a flavor killer...

Last edited:

Tickdickler

Alright then, I agree now that it would not be good for vaping. I'm thinking about picking up one of those 187's now. I went to the site to try and buy it and they ask for a VAT number. I tried looking into what that is but I don't quite get it. So I'm in the US, does that mean I can leave that VAT space blank or is there some number I need to put there. Couldn't get a straight answer from google.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Alright then, I agree now that it would not be good for vaping. I'm thinking about picking up one of those 187's now. I went to the site to try and buy it and they ask for a VAT number. I tried looking into what that is but I don't quite get it. So I'm in the US, does that mean I can leave that VAT space blank or is there some number I need to put there. Couldn't get a straight answer from google.

VAT= value added tax. No VAT for US (yet - heh). I ran into that once with an overseas vendor. There was a place to check "non EU" or something to that effect. Or just put a note in.

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
Here are some pics to go with my review of the GB-189.

My GB-189 was delivered today, (as well as my Flowermate Vapormax V, but that's for a different thread). I'll take my own pics later when I can use sunlight, but below is a vendor pic. Arrived in just under 11 days, very quick to East Coast.

temp2.0x0.jpg

When @Mr. Gweilo 420 reported it didn't function well I was prepared for it to be a lemon. Was I able to get it to vortex? Unfortunately, no. But the perc itself does function quite well, diffuses vapor well and it does spin things just slightly, but yes, no real vortex to speak of. BUT I STILL REALLY LIKE IT.

This piece screams quality. It is noticeably higher quality than my D020 and D020-D. Nice thick 5mm glass and the black trim around the base is very professional not shoddy at all, I don't even mind the fake RooR logo as it matches the black trim nicely. It just has a supremely solid feel to it, all of you with quality glass know what I mean.

The base of the piece is VERY wide, much wider than my D (~20%) so the piece is quite stable (yes, yes, I'll get comparison pics up when I can be home when there's sunshine).

I LOVE the SIDECAR MOUTHPIECE. I've always wanted a sidecar, this is my first one, I'm in love. It give such a better view of what's happening in the can. The very flat top of the 189 helps as well. The trumpeted mouthpiece is my favorite style so far of all glass, this one is much larger than the D and I just find it much easier to use.

I may be imagining things, but I'm sensing noticeably better flavor out of this piece than my others. More testing is required.

Although the turbine perc doesn't vortex, it diffuses very well, stacks bubbles as well as my D's tire perc. Plus in a mirror I can see the water swirl a little. I fill it to just barely above the perc, it does that great thing where it separates the water with the pressure of your pull and you can see both water and vapor jetting through it, I think this increases water contact and cools better by accelerating both as they pass through. So now I disagree that a turbine perc can't work without a subordinate supplemental perc.

Uh, oh, the D020-D is looking at me funny. It knows what happened to the D020-OG a month ago and it knows that there's room next to it in the cabinet. To be honest, it may have a legitimate concern. :evil:

YMMV but for me GB-189's a winner :tup: Thanks for reading.

You can see how much wider and thicker is the base of the 189. The larger can volume is nice too. It's great to have options! :cool:

GB-189 ; D020-D ; D020

gb189.jpg

Overhead View (pardon my dirty claisen):

gb189_2.jpg

Last edited:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I used that link and I made an account and its still asking for a VAT with a required "*".

I'd check my DHGate account details to make sure your address is correct. If you accidentally stop in the wrong place in the Country drop down menu the system won't notice the difference. Billing info is probably set up by country....just a thought. Don't know if that is the problem, but I've made that mistake elsewhere. Even though my address gave a city and state I had mistakenly stopped at something like Switzerland and it wanted VAT info. Some things you apparently can't do if you are too vaped!

~

I received my fb-186 from Yingmin yesterday. Bad news. It was D. O.A. It looked awesome but once I added water I found it leaked like crazy. I then found a good size crack on the bottom joint. Fuck it. I am having a bad run with Yingmin. First order was wrong product and my second order broken. He made it right last time but I did keep the wrong one and pay him another $20. This time I am going to need a complete replacement. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly. I didn't realize the 186 was so big too. I love the form of it. Just need one that will function

Radio

stay true to yourselves
I received my fb-186 from Yingmin yesterday. Bad news. It was D. O.A. It looked awesome but once I added water I found it leaked like crazy. I then found a good size crack on the bottom joint. Fuck it. I am having a bad run with Yingmin. First order was wrong product and my second order broken. He made it right last time but I did keep the wrong one and pay him another $20. This time I am going to need a complete replacement. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly. I didn't realize the 186 was so big too. I love the form of it. Just need one that will function
Sorry to hear about that. You'd think these things would be tested before being shipped. Like at least after it's made the manufacturer would fill it up with water at the very least.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
At the prices we're paying, direct from china, I'm personally not expecting any testing at all.

Id expect that they are making them, (hopefully) annealing it in the kiln, then just packing them up once they've cooled down.

Hell, if you've seen some of the designs they've tried to come up with on their own, it's pretty clear that a lot of the guys over there don't understand what the intended function is, or if they do understand the intended function, they don't understand how the piece will actually work once completed...

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Yeah, not so impressed with the quality coming from yingming5 so far. His prices are higher than Sunshinestore, but I'm hearing way more complaints about wrong shipments, and quality issues.

I've ordered 3 pieces from Sunshine store so far, and all 3 have no problems. My 4th piece (D020-W) might be the fastest shipped piece. Ordered Thursday, should have it Wednesday!

Good luck to all, I'm interested in that recycler from Yingming, but at this rate, no way! I'll wait until things improve before I order

rosetta

Long Time Lurker
Sorry for the wait everyone!

Pics of the kathy hu recycler I bought together with a micro rig I got sent for free. "

hC5iIBx.jpg

6Z8ItRP.jpg

I will post a video of the recycler eventually. It does recycle nicely but does not cyclone.
The micro piece I really like. It stacks bubbles in the tiny beaker base and delivers tasty hits, I even bought a ti 10mm female domeless nail for it. Honestly this is even more of an amazing deal because most micro pieces are 5x more expensive than what kathy hu has them for. http://www.thedablab.com/k-nine-swo...elly-button-pendant-rig-w-2-hole-diffy-clear/

I saw the exact recycler at a local smoke shop for 109.99...

Last edited:

BoogerMan

I really hope my 187 and 194 from Yingmin5 are not cracked and are the right items... Knock on wood. Im not having a good feeling seeing the past couple reviews about this seller. But Yimgmin seems like a honest seller so hopefully they make it right for everyone that had a problem with their order.

My order is preparing to dispatch china so it should be in the US next week and possibly in my hands by next weekend :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I really hope my 187 and 194 from Yingmin5 are not cracked and are the right items... Knock on wood. Im not having a good feeling seeing the past couple reviews about this seller. But Yimgmin seems like a honest seller so hopefully they make it right for everyone that had a problem with their order.

My order is preparing to dispatch china so it should be in the US next week and possibly in my hands by next weekend :)
I just used the D020 with a CASIEN and it was so nice.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am going to count myself lucky then, my 187 only has a very minor flaw (sloppy dewar joint) that doesn't really effect function so far. I am sorry for those being sent cracked and nonfunctional pieces, that's never a good experience. I am also very happy I got the specific recycler I ordered, though the "newer" one looks nice enough, it's just not the same, and has a shorter profile. I have one more on the way, it's the inline A/C ( http://www.dhgate.com/store/product...-circle-water-glass-percolator/183012721.html ) to round out my perc variety, though I think this might be a good stopping point for me for a little while. I've pushed my luck pretty far ordering so many and having most them turn out pretty good. Also running out of room in my cabinet... :p I hope those with damaged pieces get resolved quickly.

Last edited:

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
Thank you for the link!

I will find the largest glass Ash Collector or just have one made?

The base is perfect.
A male joint instead of a female?
They have a really good JHOOK for the mouth piece?
1.0x0.jpg

mY1pSFh.jpg

This will medicate!
Very cheap!
This piece x2 as big!
EASY!
Add a base plate.
Those other tornado piece I would break first use.
This ash collector has the action with out the fragile factor!

Do you know where you got the J hook in the bottom picture?
Looks like it would put the Lotus at a great viewing angle.

pigfoot,
Reactions: ataxian

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Do you know where you got the J hook in the bottom picture?
Looks like it would put the Lotus at a great viewing angle.
That looks like the J-hook from MT (Lotus j-hook kit). Mine says GRAV on it - which is the brand I believe

I love mine, going to try connecting it to my Davinci Ascent 14mm GONG adapter today for some slow-sipping movie time (The Lego movie, on my 90" theater in the basement, wife's at work, no kids.... Ah life is grand)

Top Bottom