Cheap High Quality Bubbler

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
^^ amen, brother

I've been waiting patiently for this to be offered as a single. I've messaged the seller twice but no response, so that might be a sign anyway. If anyone sees it as a single let us know.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/getPr...78015735&pid=ff80808142e7115d0142f0d1cea97998

Dang you dhgate and your constantly shifting mobile/regular site. Half the time I can post the pic and half the time it's the link. :doh:

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I used to hang a bag on a bubbler all the time when I was using the EQ more. Once you take the initial pressure off the bag, the water keeps any vapor from leaking out. Very nice to carry around the house and take a hit here and there as you please. Makes doing the dishes or folding laundry much more pleasant!

You may want to be careful with silicon tubing from Home Depot, though. Guess it would be OK in a pinch, but you can buy medical grade all over the web by the foot for pretty cheap. You only need an inch to 1 1/2 between the bag and vape-hose GonG. IME it has much less taste. Taste already suffers with the bag, adding that plasticy flavor of cheap silicon would kill it for me.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
^^ amen, brother

I've been waiting patiently for this to be offered as a single. I've messaged the seller twice but no response, so that might be a sign anyway. If anyone sees it as a single let us know.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/getPr...78015735&pid=ff80808142e7115d0142f0d1cea97998

Dang you dhgate and your constantly shifting mobile/regular site. Half the time I can post the pic and held the time it's the link. :doh:
How do you buy it?
Link please!
I used to hang a bag on a bubbler all the time when I was using the EQ more. Once you take the initial pressure off the bag, the water keeps any vapor from leaking out. Very nice to carry around the house and take a hit here and there as you please. Makes doing the dishes or folding laundry much more pleasant!

You may want to be careful with silicon tubing from Home Depot, though. Guess it would be OK in a pinch, but you can buy medical grade all over the web by the foot for pretty cheap. You only need an inch to 1 1/2 between the bag and vape-hose GonG. IME it has much less taste. Taste already suffers with the bag, adding that plasticy flavor of cheap silicon would kill it for me.

To inhale vapor out of a bag seems gross?

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
To inhale vapor out of a bag seems gross?

I wouldn't really say gross. You want to get rid of them when they start getting residue inside, and you would want to finish a bag in less than 15 minutes. Fresh vapor taste doesn't last long, either. But, surprisingly not too bad for a change of pace or to easily get some vapor into combusting friends. They have their place. But, always makes me feel a little bad for Volcano owners.

PoopMachine

I am sure there are better deals out there, but I can have this at my door in 2 days... for sealing the pin hole in the recycler... http://www.amazon.com/All-Glass-Aquariums-15905650038-Silicone/dp/B0002ASD2K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1400872391&sr=8-4&keywords=aquarium silicone

I'm sure it won't take much, so I don't really need a lot. Hope it works.

I have been using the 187/claisen/sublimator combo and really liking it.

Sorry to see the 186 had a bad joint... hope you get that worked out. How tall is that piece? looks bigger than the others, but it really is hard to tell for sure.

Ill take a side by side for you and post it tonight. Yamin is sending me another 186.. quick turnaround on messaging him. Im not sure if he actually has any more.. I think the language barrier may be in play there but he said he would replace it at no charge. Cant beat that.. Ill be buying one of his other pieces probably in a week or so... Ive got to retire some stuff and Im not sure what. The 187 has become my "go to".. maybe my D020 will get regifted to someone.. I just dont have a lot of expendable glass at this point.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I wouldn't really say gross. You want to get rid of them when they start getting residue inside, and you would want to finish a bag in less than 15 minutes. Fresh vapor taste doesn't last long, either. But, surprisingly not too bad for a change of pace or to easily get some vapor into combusting friends. They have their place. But, always makes me feel a little bad for Volcano owners.
I have no experience with bags!
Thanks for information.

PoopMachine

My Volcano hasn't seen the light of day in about 2 years. Its in a Pelican case under my bed. I should probably re-home it.

nihil

Member, Known Well
Size comparison:

AhwWeJf.jpg

GB189 --- GB187 --- D020

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thank you for the link!

I will find the largest glass Ash Collector or just have one made?

The base is perfect.
A male joint instead of a female?
They have a really good JHOOK for the mouth piece?
1.0x0.jpg

mY1pSFh.jpg

This will medicate!
Very cheap!
This piece x2 as big!
EASY!
Add a base plate.
Those other tornado piece I would break first use.
This ash collector has the action with out the fragile factor!

Last edited:

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
My GB-183 recycler arrived today:
recyclerglass-oil-bong-rig-glass-smoking_zpsc3018eeb.jpg

Can't actually use it until lateer, but has no apparent defects and it does vortex nicely down the recycle tube (tried it with water), but will need to do some experimenting with water levels and material later.

~

jambandphan03

in flavor country
My GB-183 recycler arrived today:
recyclerglass-oil-bong-rig-glass-smoking_zpsc3018eeb.jpg

Can't actually use it until lateer, but has no apparent defects and it does vortex nicely down the recycle tube (tried it with water), but will need to do some experimenting with water levels and material later.

~
I've been eyeballing that one:o... love to see actual pics or vids if possible. Almost $50 so I want to see more before getting too attached.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I would like to see some vortex action... we have seen limited video action... and some new tornado movement would be entertaining.

If anyone has proper video of this piece it would be of interest as well!

I have the 14mm version of that turbine honeycomb AC from sunshine store. I'm disappointed with the turbine action. The AC isn't tall enough to allow proper water levels to really see a turbine action without filling the J-hook with a bunch of excess water. There was no real visible turbine action visible while using. Though when I rigged up a crazy contraption which did give me an overhead view of the AC which I could see some slight turbine action.

I would try to post a video, but it doesn't really show anything at all since the water level is so low!

BoogerMan

I know some people have stopped using their volcano so I hope this helps change your mind ;)

The reason why I like the bag is because I fill it, I attach it, and then I can take it around the house with me or outside, etc.

I know some people think the bag is weird but you get used to it. I used turkey bags from wal mart. They are food grade and oven safe up to like 500 degrees so they should be good to store 370 degree vapor for 15 minutes while I puff away at it.

There is also zero drag with my method and the volcano bag. I can get the vortex action from a turbine perc like some of you are trying to get :) see vid below. I know some portable vaporizers have a good amount of restriction (I own the solo so I am referring to that but I'm sure there are other options with more airflow) so that is why I like the bag. Feels like I am clearing my piece when I take a hit. It is like breathing normal lol.

I also like my volcano because I have owned it for about 6 years now and I have not had one problem with it. I have not replaced one part besides the bags and filter. I even left it on one night for 10 hours and it still runs like it is new.

Vortex from a double honeycomb to turbine. Looks better in person but you get the idea lol.

I forgot to include a link to the 90 degree adapter I have:
http://www.ioffer.com/i/18mm-glass-on-glass-angle-converter-90-degree-18-18-16-554526386

I know it is a little pricey but OGB makes a solid adapter. You can tell it is really high quality.

Some cheaper options I have seen on eBay. Unfortunately these weren't available when I bought the more expensive adapter :/

If using a female joint waterpipe:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/121343288413

If using a male joint rig:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251442397676

And the exact tubing size I used is:
3/4 inch diameter including the tubing thickness
Tubing thickness 1/16 inch

If you have the solid valve volcano setup this should fit perfect around the metal part where the mouthpiece normally snaps on. Dont fill the bag up all the way. This allows you to push in the bag and hold your finger on the inside of the metal valve so when you place the tubing on it doesn't push in the metal valve. And after placing the tubing over this metal valve, if you push in the tubing it will push in the metal piece and it should pushed in until you pull it off. I hope that makes sense. Kinda hard to explain lol. Here are some pics to help.

First getting the piece on and using your finger to hold the inside of the metal valve:
image_zpsc8f627ff.jpg

Fitting over the metal piece but not pushed in:
image_zps4f63055b.jpg

Fitting over the metal piece and pushed in:
image_zpse0b79024.jpg

On a side note I know j hook adapters are liked by many here and I found this one.
It is pricey at $40 but looks like good quality and unique design. Maybe Glass Blowers Direct could make one cheaper? Or a Glass Blower on the forum?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111355712409

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have the 14mm version of that turbine honeycomb AC from sunshine store. I'm disappointed with the turbine action. The AC isn't tall enough to allow proper water levels to really see a turbine action without filling the J-hook with a bunch of excess water. There was no real visible turbine action visible while using. Though when I rigged up a crazy contraption which did give me an overhead view of the AC which I could see some slight turbine action.

I would try to post a video, but it doesn't really show anything at all since the water level is so low!
I have a ash collector than operates at a low level just fine.

On the other hand the one you refer to you must add a lot of water to function correctly.

However I made it work pretty well.
Now I will redesign it and have a local glass blower make it larger and more forgiving.

Your right it is really tricky!
5Mvejv6.jpg

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I'm considering getting this. Is there any reason I should not go for it?

IMO, the more percs the more drag there will be. I think that drag doesn't matter so much when combusting through a piece as is does with vapor.

But with vapor you get more hits per stash, so there is more priming and clearing. Plus the nature of the beast, sometimes the vaporizer itself has enough drag.

Top Bottom