Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
@ataxian means the mouthpiece being without a bridge on the D, that's what he is referring to when he says "not as stable". You are correct that the D is wider and taller and less "tippy". The D mouthpiece does seem fine to me, I don't feel like it will break off too easily, it doesn't make me nervous.

@Newcastle I use a claisen adapter and pull my plug multiple times to clear during an inhale, sort of a "rebreather" effect but on the way in instead of out, therefore the smaller volume works just fine for me and I pull just as big clouds as any that are reported on FC. Big volume isn't a necessity for big vapor, just sayin'.

My original D020 is now backup, but it may be a better size to use with my Herbalizer, I haven't hooked the D up to that yet.

@ataxian: I respect your love for the D020, but I disagree that the D020 is more sturdy than the -D in any realistic way.
I don't think the little piece of glass bridgework from the MP to the can adds much true reinforcement.
The glass thickness of the D020-D can and base are much thicker than that of the original D020, and it is much wider overall.
In my experience with both of the pieces after using the D020-D I will likely never use the original D020 again, even with Solo.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I like my D020, and I might well like the 20-D as well, but it wouldn't resolve the main prob I have with the D020, which is leaving the vape right in my face. I find myself hitting it from the side.

I am waiting for an elbow that will allow me to leave the HA on the table and hit the D020 more comfortably, but that will add silicone to the path. Better than claustrophobia I guess...

I'll probably be looking for a larger piece soon. Maybe the GB-187... ;)

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I like my D020, and I might well like the 20-D as well, but it wouldn't resolve the main prob I have with the D020, which is leaving the vape right in my face. I find myself hitting it from the side.

I am waiting for an elbow that will allow me to leave the HA on the table and hit the D020 more comfortably, but that will add silicone to the path. Better than claustrophobia I guess...

I got around this with a sidecar - but am using a nano so not as large in the first place. Still holding off on the D020-W, but loving the jhanpixel UFO sidecar so as not to have my vaporizer right on my nose. Maybe not a perfect fix with the HA - but better than the whip route IMO.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

You should check out the D020-W (http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-...g/187455071.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null)
Its a sidecar and I know the mouthpiece looks like something else actually its spade shaped (pic only shows side view). The perc is well cut, its taller and heavier than the D020. It feels more substantial and has no trouble handling the EVO and certainly the Solo with your face far enough away. A bonus is you can see the perc action as the can fills with vapor. Personally I reach for the W now before the D020.

~

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Rolling with the big boys now!!
Mine is all jarred up and curing for a month!
Let it go longer so it was very amber... nice and stoney!

And i hate to do this but i am not a fan of the D-020 bubbler...
Too small for my liking, think it would make an excellent combustion piece.
I much prefer my WP-010
I like it with a SOLO (D020) however with the monster vaporizers you have (HERBIE and the EVO) the D020 is not really the one for those.

The D020 was $28 including shipping so it was a good deal for my use.
This replaced a $40 ASH COLLECTOR plus a SHERLOCK (JHOOK) setup.
So for by the backyard swimming pool on a warm southern California day yes the D020 was a decent purchase for me. I like other water pipes better of course for various reasons. Maybe I need to explain what it is I like about a piece? I don't know what the F^ck I'm doing anyway! Justing doing what works for me. Other people perfere other styles of Water Path. I am an opionated asshole I know. I'm sorry if I have misled anybody. For $28 I didn't see the harm in my zanny view point.

As far as growning it's crazy to be allowed only 8oz? One plant super cropping produces yeild 2x that.
I hate filling up trash cans of Frosty Colas when their are people who need medicine!

I would trow the D020 in the trash as well however it pairs well with the SOLO.

The D022 is bigger and pairs well with my NANO.

I'm a light weight and opinionated.

I don't have powerful vaporizer because I would cough a lung up!

Sorry to mislead!

MG23

Relaxin'
You should check out the D020-W (http://www.dhgate.com/product/d020-...g/187455071.html#myaccount_orderdetail-1-null)
Its a sidecar and I know the mouthpiece looks like something else actually its spade shaped (pic only shows side view). The perc is well cut, its taller and heavier than the D020. It feels more substantial and has no trouble handling the EVO and certainly the Solo with your face far enough away. A bonus is you can see the perc action as the can fills with vapor. Personally I reach for the W now before the D020.

I'm relatively sure that aside from the mouthpiece the D020-D and D020-W are the same bubbler.
It appears that this could be an ideal middle ground solution for Cybrguy if he likes the sidecar style.

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I'm relatively sure that aside from the mouthpiece the D020-D and D020-W are the same bubbler.
It appears that this could be an ideal middle ground solution for Cybrguy if he likes the sidecar style.
Same perc, similar heights, different restriction so adjustments maybe necessary depending upon your preferences. I like them both but reach for the W more often...

MG23

Relaxin'
I wonder if the difference in height is just slight variance from piece to piece like we saw with the D020s.
I'd be willing to bet the D and W cans were blown from the same raw glass piece. It appears to be a 60mm can to me.
I assume the difference in restriction is due to the mouthpiece change. (sidecar "cobra" style vs. open "trumpet" style)

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I wonder if the difference in height is just slight variance from piece to piece like we saw with the D020s.
I'd be willing to bet the D and W cans were blown from the same raw glass piece. It appears to be a 60mm can to me.
I assume the difference in restriction is due to the mouthpiece change. (sidecar "cobra" style vs. open "trumpet" style.
I agree on all accounts...

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
D020 + D020-W

IMG_0299_zps9d4a967e.jpg

~

MG23

Relaxin'
I'd take a picture of the D020 next to the D020-D but I'd need to take the original out of bubble wrapped storage. :\
@SSVUN~YAH: When you get a moment, mind throwing in a comparative side-by-side picture of the D, W, and original?
Preferably focusing on the distance between where your mouth rests and where the vape sits.

MG23,
Reactions: ataxian

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I considered it when it first came out, but I think, rather than choosing something so similar, I will end up going for something different in style and a little larger. Maybe even similar but larger like GB-187. Spice of life an all that.
Sorry to mislead!
No worries there, ataxian, you are expressing your opinion and not misleading anyone.

@jambandphan03 LOL!!

Last edited:

MG23

Relaxin'
IIOdxUb.jpg

This with DURBAN POISON works with a SOLO. I need to try the NANO with this one!

A couple of friends use this exact bub (same color too) as their daily driver with HerbalAire and Solo. :)
They seem very pleased with quality and functionality for the price as well. I'm envious of the royal blue.

MG23

Relaxin'
Honeycombs are not particularly difficult to clean if you don't let them go too long.
The only extender you need with HA + TonG is a 14mm reducer (inadequate clearance with 18mm)
With the added clearance the vape still rests in a way that is much less "in your face" compared to D020/-D

You be the judge:
vdpkfcxl.jpg

(photo courtesy @McNerdius)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Are the honeycombs hard to keep clean?

Two table spoons of baking soda first.
Then fill with +3/4 cup white vinegar.
The foaming action lifts any particals off the frit. Rinse with RO or Distilled water. I squeese a citrus fruit of some kind in the final rinse to lower the pH.

I have some PWB I haven't tried yet.

Take what I say as a grain of salt.

I use salt and ISO sometimes.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Honeycombs are not particularly difficult to clean if you don't let them go too long.
The only extender you need with HA + TonG is a 14mm reducer (inadequate clearance with 18mm)
With the added clearance the vape still rests in a way that is much less "in your face" compared to D020/-D

You be the judge:
vdpkfcxl.jpg

(photo courtesy @McNerdius)
I could live with that, no problem. :)

cybrguy,
Reactions: ataxian

PoopMachine

I patiently await (ok, maybe not so patiently) the CCRA reports from Dangus and PoopMachine. Here is hoping yingmin5 turns out to be as reliable as sunshinestore.

(maybe that should be CGCRA...) :)

Mine is actually in the China postal system already so its enroute. Good sign... I waited for weeks for my stuff to show up before so so far so good. Hopefully Ill have it by next weekend.

Two table spoons of baking soda first.
Then fill with +3/4 cup white vinegar.
The foaming action lifts any particals off the frit. Rinse with RO or Distilled water. I squeese a citrus fruit of some kind in the final rinse to lower the pH.

I have some PWB I haven't tried yet.

Take what I say as a grain of salt.

I use salt and ISO sometimes.

PBW is fantastic.

Im a huge fan of ISO and Cascade dish washing powder. It will remove ALL smell and the piece sparkles like new. I take my pieces into LHS's sometimes to show them off and at first they were really nervous about that but I got one of the guys to come out to the car and give it an inspection the first time and he was like "So this has actually been used?" LOL... I dont know why more people dont use Cascade. It works fantastic paired with the ISO. Even PBW doesnt remove the smell. It cleans like nobody's business tho.

Last edited:

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
When you get a moment, mind throwing in a comparative side-by-side picture of the D, W, and original?

Will this do?

xxtgktOl.jpg

From left to right.

WP-010 -------------- Kathy Honeycomb ---- D020 Original ----- D020-D ------- D020-W

While setting them up, I noticed the Kathy HC is roughly the same size can as the D020, while the WP-010 is roughly the size of the D020-D/W, but gains size from that big mouthpiece.

Top Bottom