Cheap High Quality Bubbler

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
That was fast smokum! What's your opinion of the bongoutlet finger perc bubbler vs the Black Leaf 8 arm bubbler?

I prefer the finger perc myself.... I find it a tastier and tighter hit (less air filling my poor irritated bronchs to acquire the same amount of product intake).

It was great for vapebonging with my Solo, dabbing with my skillet, and for kief combustion. Smoothness blew me away with the addition of a carbon attachment.

I'm 'very' pleased with both purchases wise, however see myself using the hand bub more than not.

EDIT to add: Both pieces are definitely of cheaper quality with the non symmetrical fingers and slits, but they do stack quite well and moisten/hydrate my intake great at a 1/4" max over the top slit.

smokum,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation on mine, though they did say it usually took 2-3 days from order to shipping. Kind of a crock, IMO. In this day and age, you should be able to ship out same day the order is placed, if early enough.

Still... it was $49.25 with the (priority) shipping, no tax. So I'm not bitching. However, I had an opportunity to pick up a decent piece yesterday, right at a local shop. Had I just waited a day, I would have probably bought it. But, I've always wanted a bubbler... so what the Hell... eh?

BigDaddyVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I picked up a nice little bubbler from bongoutlet.ca the other week.
An inline to 6 "finger" to 6 "finger".

Is there anything about their "finger perc" that's different to a regular tree?
Because I can't find a difference.

The end of the inline is open, and it has downcut slits, so it's not the best design for an inline I would think, but it smooths my hits out very well.
Both of the tree percs work well, and the glass feels sturdy. Not super thick, but it should last if it's treated right.

They have a cool take on the inline in this piece:
http://www.bongoutlet.ca/inline-percolator-glass-bongs-green-p-567.html
At under $100, it looks like a bargain to me.

And I like their showerhead pre-cooler for $32
http://www.bongoutlet.ca/percolator-catcher-shower-head-green-p-526.html

Frederick McGuire,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I bought a cheap bond with a diffuser downstem and 4 trees small perc, for $60. One thing that bothers me is the slits and how they are cut - you can tell that it looks all chipped up like it was done really recklessly somehow.

Even thought that bothered me, I still bought it. That's my fault - I bought it a LHS, and saw it in person. However, in most of these photos you might not be able to see that because of the small resolution of the photos.

sessnet,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I found this exact one, at my local tobacco shop (we don't have head shops in this county)... which is why we pay inflated prices here for glass pieces. Anyways...

669%20(5).JPG

This was a very nice piece. I wish I would have dealt with the Canada shipping at this point and just got this one, since it appears that mine won't ship until at the earliest, Monday. Though, this bubble is MUCH bigger than these pictures make it look. Like twice as big as the picture gives the impression. Still a nice piece and the slits were cut well. No shallow cuts at all. If I ever get any spare cash and they still have it on hand, I would definitely buy this one.

BigDaddyVapor,

smokum

Yup BDV, it's certainly no mini mini, but I find it's just the right size to comfortably fit my fist for use. I 'AM' very happy with this purchase (as was my RooR dedicated buddy) !

smokum,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
What size is that ^^ thing anyways?

I have bought a similar type bubbler from Weedstar myself a few weeks ago btw, just never really thought about posting it here up to now for some mysterious reason. It's a bit simpler than the one from bongoutlets and it's not GonG and comes with a carbhole unfortunately, but it was cheap as hell @ 17 euro's so I'm not gonna whine about it for to much:

minip1010767.jpg

minip1010768.jpg

minip1010769.jpg

It works surprisingly well and is a lot of fun to use. The bowl mates well with the UD stems and a little less perfect (but still acceptable) with a Solo stem with a bit of tubing on the end. But imo these type of bubs could never replace a regular tube or beaker. They're just more versatile, give more feedback (if that makes sense at all) thus allowing for more user control ime. But my Ehle is sort of the equivalent of a pair of comfy old shoes that you can't get rid off to me, so it's possible I'm not completely objective here.

smokum

OTA, it's 7" high x 7" long, so it fits in my fist with the stem resting on the V between my thumb and forefinger. I find it quite comfortable to use that way.

I do kinda wish it's main base had a wider section to put me at ease 'standing' it on a table surface. Even if it seems relatively sturdy, it would take much to knock it over.

smokum,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wow, that's quite a large chamber for these kind of bubs I think. The Weedstar is slightly over 6" in length, but only 3,5" tall.

Mine is pretty stable to my surprise. I don't even think twice about setting it down on the couch or bed next to me. But I can see how the extra height would compromise that, lol. The larger volume on yours is a plus though, imo.

OhTheAgony,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, after still seeing Order Processing on my bubbler 4 days after I ordered, I wrote the "admin" for Pipes Daddy

I ordered this item on 3/8/12. I received confirmation of my purchase that same day. Your shipping policy states, that items are typically shipped within 48 hours, with the exception of weekends and that a reason would be given for any delays. The 8th was Thursday. As I ordered early in the morning, you had the whole of the 8th and 9th to ship the package.

It is now the 12th, over 96 hours after I placed my order and the status still says, the order is processing. My bank states the order is still processing (the money is in my account, already on hold for this particular purchase).

And still no word, from my previous inquiry to your sales department, as to the status of my order.

I purchased this item, because of a thread on fuckcombustion.com, the largest vapor related forum on the Internet. I have been sharing the progress of this order, with members. I would hope that you care enough about your business model, to consider that you might be jeopardizing future orders, with these delays and no explanation for delays and no movement on my order.

Shortly afterwards, I received this.

Dear customer,
I apologize for the delay happened in shipping your order. And not replying you in timely manner.
Your order got delayed because the Vapor Bubbler was out of stock, it some how got over sold, was inventory error. We should have informed you for that. Now we got the item back in stock today and will be shipping out tomorrow. And I apologize for the delay and will ship out to you with Free Shipping just to compensate the delay invoice will be adjusted.
Thanks.

So... Still waiting. At least they're going to refund my $10 shipping (hopefully). Will report back when I get it.

In the meantime, picked this up to hold me over. Not bad for a $40 piece. Air/water-tight, pretty thick glass and will knock you on your ass. I had gone to pick up the above 7" x 7" bubbler... but they sold the damn thing, THIS morning. Still, I like this one. 10" high, btw.

20120312_163347.jpg

20120312_163412.jpg

20120312_163500.jpg

P.S. Yes, the slits, are cut all the way through.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: asdf420

octo

What does that mean?
BigDaddyVapor, that is a beautiful bong you picked up and seems like a great deal for only $40. What is the name of the brand of glass and where can I pick one up?

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Its just a better than average cheapo generic glass painted with some "GG Got Glass" logo. I've looked them up before, but can't find anything real solid on them. I've found a few websites that carry maybe 1 or 2 pieces labeled the same, but hadn't seen this one before. They're definitely one of those luck of the draw things. I just happened to get my hands on a clean/tight one.

EDIT: The downstem was fucked up on this one. I showed them, where the glass hadn't finished forming, on the bottom, so it basically ended at where the bottom slit should have been. I pointed it out, then kind of forced my way over to their diffuser downstems, trying new ones that fit and walked out with pretty much a freebie and tad longer stem. Plus, I got to make sure it had a tight seal, between the two. Though, they wouldn't knock anything off me saying I didn't want the little one-hitter bowl. It won't ever be used to combust.

BigDaddyVapor,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Nice piece! 40 dollars is a hell of a buy! Worked mouth piece, ice pinches and dome perc? Not bad at all. I like the shots too, the colored dishes in the background add a nice contrast to the shot, making the piece stand out. Nice pick up!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks for all the compliments, guys. At least it makes me feel a bit better for spending the $$$. However, this new piece is awesome! First rip off a fresh trench and BAM!, I'm hooked up. :D

In other news, the bubbler I ordered should be here this week. It shipped yesterday. Will keep you all updated.

BigDaddyVapor,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Man that shipping wait is a killer isnt it? I got 3 packages im waiting on. Running straight to the mailbox every day after work, opening....nothing....continue waiting....

YoGranMazPimp,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
It came today. Not bad really. Got free shipping and still got it within 7 days. :D

It came packaged well. Sturdy box, 3 pieces wrapped inividually. First wrapped with smaller bubble wrap, then that's wrapped in the large stuff. The 3 pieces were secure in the box and I'm sure would have lasted several, probably, significant blows.

Digging the stuff out, set it up. Did the standard air/water integrity and it passed with flying colors. The whip adaptor, I was hoping wiuld just plug into my MFLB (was a gamble, yeah). Instead I whittled down some of my food grade tubing, to find inside the adapter and the other end 1/4" fits perfect in the draw hole.

The diffuser is clean, 3 slits across the bottom, joints are clean... no blobs of glass. Hits surprisingly betry smooth. I'll post a vid later.

20120315_172703.jpg

20120315_172934.jpg

20120315_173123.jpg

20120315_173016.jpg

20120315_172849.jpg

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I must say, those are nice pieces for the price. Makes me consider getting a cheaper glass piece to whip out when i have smokers over who's carefulness is questionable. It would still suck for any piece to hit the floor but i don't think i would cry over the shards and yell to the heavens, "why?!" Like I would if my reti bit the big one.

YoGranMazPimp,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That looks pretty tight and clean indeed for a 40$ piece Bigdaddy. Is the glass thick enough and is it borosilicate btw?

OhTheAgony,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I don't have calipers, but for the size and weight, its much higher quality and thickness than comparable $$$ bubblers. Definitely Pyrex glass. Dad's a Chemist, so I've been around it enough to tell. I dinged it on the sink and it held up. GonG connections are tight. Mouthpiece feels solid.

Sorry no video yet. Got busy with other things. Trying to find a whip adaptor that will work with that fitting and the mflb.

EDIT: I'll add more of a review with the video. I really like it, so far. In fact, I'd say its my favorite piece of glass (limited experience). Pretty fast feedback on your rips and smooths it out nicely. Nicely vaped and going to hit the sack now. More, sometime later.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Here's the video on it. Excuse the background, trying to add some quick contrast. I wanted to be a videographer in my younger days... oh well. No regrets.

I'm a n00b in regards to glass. Back in my day (the 80s), I had a very expensive (in 1985), yet paper thin, glass bong. It broke, cleaning it one time and that was the end. I had a few ceramic and lots of plastic pieces. Lot of dry pipes to. Switched to vapor almost 20 years later and never a desire to go back to combustion. That makes my vapor experience and medicinal rather limited, about 10 months. I've only used a VG Bat (which wasn't very positive) and my MFLB. I'd really like to try some of these log vapes I've seen. And of course, a Volcano. Not really interested in other portables, as I haven't seen a single one as versatile, effective and simple/brilliant design/engineering.

In regards to the bubbler. As I've said, its definitely Pyrex. I'm guessing, by the mouthpiece thickness... 2.5mm. Body feels/sounds a bit thicker, so probably 3mm. Not stellar, but for $40... sturdy enough. Plus, at the time... I'm the only one using it and I handle all glass like its nitroglycerin.

This is my favorite piece, in my limited cheap glass collection, along with the dome perc water pipe, earlier in the thread... running a close 2nd (or depending on the mood). The dome perc pipe/bong is harder to judge your vapor intake, until you're clearing the chamber and find out, "oh shit! huge rip!". This piece however, provides immediate feedback. The percolation provides enough bubblage (new word) IMO, to sufficiently smooth the hit and give that feedback. Though, I would prefer the percolation to be dispersed a bit more evenly over the length of the slits. A showerhead would have been PERFECT on this. I don't even know what to call this?

Even with the Mickey Mouse'd whip, there isn't any noticeable drag and there's good feedback with the flavor and condition on the trench. This also allows hard pulls to to "stir", clear and cool your trench. Plus, it really packs an extra punch into your rip. You feel like you got a couple lungs full worth. Hold my breath, long as I can and if the heat is dialed in properly (finally getting this warranty MFLB to break in) getting a noticeable stream of vapor on exhale. Now need to find that sweet spot full rip, none wasted. Exhaled vapor, is wasted vapor.

I also like it, because of its size, ergonomics and design. Very comfortable to 2 hand MFLB and glass.

To wrap it up, this piece (and the previous one) are EXCELLENT BUYS, especially in regards to value (2 air/water tight integrity, decent thickness, decent glass and enjoyable vaping for $80 total). With the web order on the bubbler from Pipes Daddy, I was pleased with the rapid response and free shipping resolution. I would recommend them to anyone looking for an affordable and classier looking piece of glass, than most no-name shit on the market and better than 80% of the shit sold in shops, especially "tobacco shops".

Please be gentle on my n00bness.
party0053.gif

EDIT: Anyone know where I can get this whip setup (are the whip adapters different sizes, besides the joint?), this is exactly what I need.
whip_mflb.jpg

Top Bottom