Cheap Chinese e-Nail thread

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Am I wrong to assume the 10mm option is a flat coil?
To me 10mm signifies the size of joint that the nail's fitting goes into, not the coil size. I have heard of 16mm barrel coils, 20mm barrel coils, and flat coils. Flat coils aren't wound around sized mandrel, my flat coil is about 21mm wide.

*Edit: D-nail makes a 10mm coil for Nectar Collector tips.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I emailed highfive about https://highfivevapeshop.worldsecuresystems.com and they gave me some bad news:
"Hi,
That site you linked is our wholesale site for retailers, you will not be able to purchase from that site. The website you're currently on is the correct site to purchase from:

To me 10mm signifies the size of joint that the nail's fitting goes into, not the coil size. I have heard of 16mm barrel coils, 20mm barrel coils, and flat coils. Flat coils aren't wound around sized mandrel, my flat coil is about 21mm wide.

*Edit: D-nail makes a 10mm coil for Nectar Collector tips.
Ah, I'm very glad I asked, thank you sir. I might email them or just look around some more.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Sorry for the double post, too late to edit.

I got one and it's been kicking my ass, I have some questions hopefully someone can answer.

Is there a way to improve the fit in the glass joint? It's absolutely not airtight and leaks in a lot of air if I cover the hole on top of the nail. I tried in 3 different female joints and it leaking air in pretty bad for all 4. Is this normal for e-nails?

What temp do you want a sic dish to be at? I was going off the d-nail site graph and going for 600. I'm seeing vapor coming out of the dish after my hit is done, not sure if it's related to the air leaking in or not. Is that normal? I tried with it set at 675, 700, and 725 and got the same results. I don't have anything to check the temp of the dish yet unfortunately. I ordered a cheap temp gun, but I read those don't work well. I'll order a thermometer with a thermocouple if that's the case.

I haven't tried my quartz dish yet.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: grokit

matthend

I ordered a menovo enail off of dhgate. $95 shipped to my door and came in under a week. So far so good no issues and is pretty rock steady on the temperature. The remote is cool too.

This looks pretty sweet for the price actually. how long is the coil cord?

matthend,

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
Wow @Likes2vape, that's dope. It's refreshing to see quality of life features being squeezed into these $100 budget boxes - big step up from the mushy-button single display LED units.

Marihuana,

grokit

well-worn member
Is there a way to improve the fit in the glass joint? It's absolutely not airtight and leaks in a lot of air if I cover the hole on top of the nail. I tried in 3 different female joints and it leaking air in pretty bad for all 4. Is this normal for e-nails?

What temp do you want a sic dish to be at? I was going off the d-nail site graph and going for 600. I'm seeing vapor coming out of the dish after my hit is done, not sure if it's related to the air leaking in or not. Is that normal? I tried with it set at 675, 700, and 725 and got the same results. I don't have anything to check the temp of the dish yet unfortunately. I ordered a cheap temp gun, but I read those don't work well. I'll order a thermometer with a thermocouple if that's the case.

I haven't tried my quartz dish yet.
Doesn't sound normal to me. I'm thinking that three glass misfits means the nail itself has taken a hit, may have gone slightly out of round? Perhaps awaken your inner cavemen, pound it back into submission.

I found a pdf from d-nail, not sure if it's about SIC or whut tho. Does your graph show the difference between quartz and SIC? I think that this difference is key, more so than the actual temperature. I've only used cheap chinese quartz dishes so far and went with 710°f, seems to work well (clean @ 900°).

The only references I've found here (didn't look very hard) re temp differences are in the auber thread, but the discussion gets bogged down in IED settings that need secret codes and whatnot just to get to the higher temps. This is one reason why I decided to avoid the aubers in the first place, but I digress.

Here's an interesting tidbit from reddit:

I can run 100-200°f lower on the SiC and the entire dish and insert are way more evenly heated.

So according to this and what I posted, if I'm running 710°f with quartz I would be tempted to start at 600° with sic as well. But from what you described I'd maybe bump it up a bit, have you tried 625° or 650°?

I just picked up some shatter and have just been using wax pens with some klear, so I'm looking forward to busting out my cheap chinese rig for the first time in a while and finally using it with proper concentrates.

If you like pm me and I will test your sic dish out for you, or if anyone has an extra...

;):D:lol:

:science:

Last edited:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Doesn't sound normal to me. I'm thinking that three glass misfits means the nail itself has taken a hit, may have gone slightly out of round? Perhaps awaken your inner cavemen, pound it back into submission.

I found a pdf from d-nail, not sure if it's about SIC or whut tho. Does your graph show the difference between quartz and SIC? I think that this difference is key, more so than the actual temperature. I've only used cheap chinese quartz dishes so far and went with 710°f, seems to work well (clean @ 900°).

The only references I've found here (didn't look very hard) re temp differences are in the auber thread, but the discussion gets bogged down in IED settings that need secret codes and whatnot just to get to the higher temps. This is one reason why I decided to avoid the aubers in the first place, but I digress.

I can run 100-200°f lower on the SiC and the entire dish and insert are way more evenly heated.

So according to this and what I posted, if I'm running 710°f with quartz I would be tempted to start at 600° or so as well. But from what you described I'd maybe bump it up a bit, have you tried 625° or 650°?

I just picked up some shatter and have just been using wax pens with some klear, so I'm looking forward to busting out my cheap chinese rig for the first time in a while and finally using it with proper concentrates.

If you like pm me and I will test your sic dish out for you, or if anyone has an extra...

A lot of people on here are happy running their SIC dishes at 600-610F. I have gone that low with the dnail on my RDK-200 successfully, however I tend to keep it around 625-650 just as a personal preference.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

So according to this and what I posted, if I'm running 710°f with quartz I would be tempted to start at 600° with sic as well. But from what you described I'd maybe bump it up a bit, have you tried 625° or 650°?

I was going off these images from the d-nail site:
SiC.jpg

Q-Halo.jpg

Also I'm using a $12 thick ass glass sic dish and the Chinese nail that came with the unit, not a d-nail sic dish and nail so I'm taking the numbers with a grain of salt. From the top chart it seems like 675 on the coil get's the sic dish to 600. I've tried 675, 700, 725, and 750 on the coil and still get wispy vapor coming up for awhile after my hit. Is that normal? Is it just burning the residue that's left over?

I'm not sure if it's a temperature or airflow issue, I should have my temp gun tonight so I can finally try to measure the temp on the dish. Though I've heard the temp guns are bad at measuring for this kind of stuff.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
@StormyPinkness
I just ordered that tag sic dish with their nail, will compare to the dhgate/quartz for myself soon. I'm guessing that you may be suffering from inefficient heat transfer as you're not using their nail -- maybe that's why they stopped selling replacement dishes? Dnail warns about this with their sic dish setup.

:sherlock:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So I got my temp gun and assuming it's accurate I needed to turn my coil up to 800 to get my sic dish to 600. Actually only half of my dish, one half read around 600 while the other half read from around 150-200. I thought maybe the uneven heating was because the dish wasn't screwed in enough, making that tighter got it up to to around 350 on the colder side. I did that this morning when it was on though so I probably didn't get it as tight as I could of since I was worried about getting horrible burned, I'm going to try again tonight.

I might order the quartz dish and nail from tag to see if I like the fit in glass better, but I'm also leaning towards just biting the bullet and getting a d-nail. I feel like I want to know my stuff a little better before I drop the money for d-nail gear though.

@StormyPinkness

What sort of carb cap are you using?
I got this with a flat coil and enail, not this one in the pic:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/x/388560366.html
rBVaJFiEN9iAEHEVAAQhEXcFtzA782.jpg

Marihuana

Iso Tensei
It's for the best. I feel like not many people would have gone as far as exhausting all the alternatives if their budget would have allowed for a D-Nail from the get go. I'd love to hear how the alternative SiC dishes perform side-by-side with a D-Nail. Also, if you're looking for joint compatibility, D-Nail would probably do a better job in that regard. They even have a 14mm male fitting that isn't "universal" crap, meaning it'll actually have a good seal.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
It's for the best. I feel like not many people would have gone as far as exhausting all the alternatives if their budget would have allowed for a D-Nail from the get go. I'd love to hear how the alternative SiC dishes perform side-by-side with a D-Nail. Also, if you're looking for joint compatibility, D-Nail would probably do a better job in that regard. They even have a 14mm male fitting that isn't "universal" crap, meaning it'll actually have a good seal.
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silicone-carbide-titanium-hybrid-nails.16527/page-8#post-1110020

In this thread your answers will be found. If you start at the beginning you will see how I didn't really grasp the concept of the differences. Had I known I would not have spent the $30 on the TAG SiC dish and nail body setup. Its now a back up that I hope I never have to use and may consider giving away...just my 2

shredder

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silicone-carbide-titanium-hybrid-nails.16527/page-8#post-1110020

In this thread your answers will be found. If you start at the beginning you will see how I didn't really grasp the concept of the differences. Had I known I would not have spent the $30 on the TAG SiC dish and nail body setup. Its now a back up that I hope I never have to use and may consider giving away...just my 2

Actually I have a dnail, but im thinking about back up if the dish, nail, heater, or controller we're to fail, im shit outta luck until I could get it fixed.

Hate to spend dnail money on a back up tho. I keep thinking I should sell some of my other toys, and bite the bullet on another dnail and Chinese controller.

Likes2vape

Actually I have a dnail, but im thinking about back up if the dish, nail, heater, or controller we're to fail, im shit outta luck until I could get it fixed.

Hate to spend dnail money on a back up tho. I keep thinking I should sell some of my other toys, and bite the bullet on another dnail and Chinese controller.
I have been using the dnail sic dish for about a year and love it. I just got the flower pot vape and got the TAG sic dish with it. I don't care for the tag dish. The walls are to tall and there is not enough gap between the outer wall and inner wall making it hard to get a dab down to the dish.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!

My back up for my controller and heater are a torch. You can torch the tag dish but I would not recommend torching the dnail SiC dish.

I also have some lowtemp plates coming on Monday with a PID controller so that could be another back up controller for stable temp hits.

It is nice to have a plan if things fail!

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Why not torching the SiC? Heat resistance should be no problem!?

Hogni,
Top Bottom