• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap Chinese e-Nail thread

Baron23

Was it fluctuating 30 degrees with the factory programming? If so this isn't a result of it not having a stand alone SSR, any cheap ass $80 enail with a mechanical or built in relay can hold temps to at least 8 or 10 degrees. If it's fluctuating 30 with factory settings either the settings are wrong or the unit is faulty IMO.

Any of these shitty enails work fine, no reason why that more expensive one shouldn't. II doubt they would deny you a refund it you ask for one since they are aware you can just as easily get the money back from Visa.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/d-nai....html#gw-2-3|ff80808156209eea0156af7fa3c86219
Hi @mrbonsai420 - I agree completely. I could get an Auber with the twist analog dial and it would probably work better.

Yes, 30 degree range...sometimes more like 33-34 degrees between max undershoot and max overshoot. Unacceptable. Tends to go -10 to 12 degrees and almost always overshoots 21 degrees F.

I agree completely, it ain't just the SSR but at this point I don't care. Its a piece of crap. I have no faith in it. If they didn't turn PID to ON at factory there is no telling what else they didn't set. I have the full manual, I work in very high tech, but I'll be fucked if I'm going to spend the next few weeks trying to figure out how they hosed this up and how to fix it. Looking at how its wired, and no relay, I can't even guess how the damn thing is working and I don't care anymore

I am in contact with G9 sales (Nicole Deng). This has been going on back and forth with her for 3-4 days. They asked for videos of temp flucuation, I sent them. They said set CP to 6 from current setting of 2 (2 is what they shipped at and 2 is what Omron recommends for external SSR). CP is the minimum coil On/Off cycle time in seconds. I tell them that my box is unstable and their ignorant engineer tells me to make it less responsive. Wow....I mean wow. I got it. Its China. But this is not a country of idiots (except perhaps for the engineer in question here).

I have written them a detailed email with pics and asked for a refund. I did not make threats or personal insults. I bought it with Paypal and if they won't refund me then I will see what I can do via PayPal.

Any suggestions on a GOOD PID controller that's not a $600 D-nail? I'm going to write to Gimido tomorrow and ask about their best nail and its configuration, temp stability, etc and perhaps get one of those but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks guys. I didn't think anyone would have a magic answer for me but at least you confirmed I'm neither blind nor crazy and what I'm seeing in this box is just not right.

Baron23,

Baron23

Mod - sorry, sequential post but seperated by days and I don't see the 'edit' button anymore to add this to the above.

P.S. to my struggles with Greenlight and my G9. They have agreed to refund my money. Nice person I dealt with, very nice Omron PID model in the box, if they just got their collective heads out of their arse and used a QX model of the controller with an SSR as it was made to do AND actually set the damn thing up correctly, it would be a nice unit.

I believe @mrbonsai420 has what looks to be the identical unit, but his was just a tiny bit more money and included an SSR, was properly programed at the factory, and works WAY better than mine in terms of stability.

Time to move on to either Gimido, HighFive, or Auber. After my experience with Greenlight, the ability to speak directly to someone in the same approximate time zone and in English appeals to me greatly. That's a plus to Auber and HighFive. We will see who answers my inquiries.

Cheers

XeroRespect

This too shall PAX...
@Baron23

I have multiple High5 and Auber units. Both function fine. There is a temp swing but not by any means what you were experiencing.

With the sale on High5, I think it is a no brainer. Only thing is that their coils are proprietary and not compatible with other units, so if you burn out a coil, you have to get another for High5.

Baron23

@Baron23

I have multiple High5 and Auber units. Both function fine. There is a temp swing but not by any means what you were experiencing.

With the sale on High5, I think it is a no brainer. Only thing is that their coils are proprietary and not compatible with other units, so if you burn out a coil, you have to get another for High5.
Thanks mate...didn't notice that about proprietary coils. That's a deal killer in my book. They aren't that big of a company that you can count on them to be around for the long haul. I note from their site:

The coil uses a 5PIN Female XLR connector. Our coils are solely meant to be used with HIGH5 Enails. NEVER use HIGH5 coils with enails from other brands doing so can cause a potentially dangerous situation due to different wiring and will void the warranty, NEVER use coils from other brands with HIGH5 enails either.
As far as I can tell, pretty much everybody now uses D-nail's pin outs:

Pins 1 & 2 = AC Power, Pin 3 = TC +, Pin 4 = TC -, Pin 5 = Ground.
There are only five frakin pins. There is no need to pin them out differently than everybody else except just to make you have to buy their coils. What a load of greedy crap. This does not burnish their reputation in my eyes. If I am misunderstanding, please do school me.

Thanks for the info and the great tip about the coil connector wiring.

b0

Cloudy...
I have decided to buy my first Enail and would like something cheap for my first time.

I saw some "packs" on dhgate of Enail + quartz nail that look exactly what I'm searching but before pulling the trigger, any recommended units/sellers?

Hi I'm thinking one of these, any of you have experience with them? I was thinking about 1 of these 2:

http://m.dhgate.com/product/newest-...ase-dnail-e-nail/392981660.html#cpmfit-2-null

http://m.dhgate.com/product/terminator-box-mod-starter-kit-terminator/387181371.html#cpmfit-5-null

Any other recommendations? I will like to use it with a banger and a 20mm coil if possible, is that a nice setup for an enail ?

Thx guys!

Last edited:
b0,
Reactions: grokit

tepictoton

I bought a few from carlongtechnology on dhgate. Apart from being slow with shipping (but he uses a fast shipping method, meaning after shipment it takes about 10days to get to Europe. Now if only he would ship them in a few days and not one or two weeks after payment) everything was okay. He has all the options of different coils and so on. My experience with his hybrid nails (titanium with quartz dish) have not been good, they break easily. Luckily I own a Liger v2.0...

grokit

well-worn member
I'm thinking one of these, any of you have experience with them?
I've just used those quartz hybrid setups that you were talking about, the only time I cracked one though was when I forgot it was in a jar of dirty iso and stupidly shook the thing. The hybrid nails are just like they sound, chitanium with a quartz dish for dabbing off of. Some of us start with quartz hybrids and end up with more expensive dabbing surfaces than quartz, like SIC or sapphire so this is a good starting point.

It's basically like the best of both of your selections in one. Extra dishes are cheap.

Here's a bunch of starter kits along the hybrid lines, some come with cases some have bubblers:
http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&sus=&searchkey=hybrid+d-nail&catalog=#search

This kit features a new style of controller with a dial, if it was me I might look into this one:

2016%20Factory%20Direct%20Sale%20NEW%20Rotating%20button%20E%20nail%20heating%20coil%20&%2010mm%20Titanium%20Nail%20Combustion%20WAX%20Oil%20Ship%20by%20DHL%20(%20In%205%20days%20).jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-...rotating-button/387538941.html#mfavit-11-null

These are just my suggestions of what type of kits to look for; you will obviously want to look at feedback for the controller, and also for the seller after you narrow it down a bit. Happy shopping :tup:

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys, i just saw these site on an add. I dont know if they are legit,but they got really low prices on e-nails.. I think they might end cheaper for you than buying form china . Warehouse is in Washington. Check them out .
http://highfivevapeshop.worldsecuresystems.com
Prices start at 53 USD, lol they even got a quad e-nail (4 coils) for 150$,why would one need that much coils anyway :D.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

jl420

jl420,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
High 5 is a def legit site with awesome gear. Bought my Rosin Press a couple of 20mm coils and a LED Enail from them. Everything is and functions on point and at least is made in the USA. Plus they stand behind all their products try getting that with some China dealers.
Wish we had that kind of deals here in the EU :)). Glad to hear they are legit, the touch screen e-nail seems to be interesting
  • Play Music from Any Device via Bluetooth
  • Microprocessor
  • Built in Speakers
  • LCD Touchscreen

Abysmal Vapor,

grokit

well-worn member
Yes high 5 has been around for awhile now, they certainly predate this thread. It seems to be a cultivated selection of dhgate products with stateside shipping and a warranty, for not much more $ than direct.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Right? Weird site, selling the high 5 boxes for half the price of their regular site. Seems pretty odd.

seaofgreens,

Baron23

at least is made in the USA

I doubt that. Any back up?

I don't have a problem with High Five nor that the controllers and coils are almost definitely rebranded Chinese stuff/contract manf Chinese stuff.

The fact that they have a USA footprint for customer interactions is very much more desirable for many than shopping around DHGate or Alibaba. Auber is located in GA but I'm sure that some of their stuff is Chinese origin but I like that there is a USA company for me to deal with on RMA and tech issues.

My issue with High Five is that they do not publish their pin outs and, I believe, say that you must use their coils.

Our coils are solely meant to be used with HIGH5 Enails. NEVER use HIGH5 coils with enails from other brands doing so can cause a potentially dangerous situation due to different wiring and will void the warranty, NEVER use coils from other brands with HIGH5 enails either.

I get that they are saying don't use their coils with other controllers and not to not use their controller with other coils, but its really the same thing. They won't tell you the pin outs so I won't buy from them.

I object to any company selling temp controllers that don't use the full size, five pin, XLR with that has become the defacto pin out standard of 1 & 2 = AC power, 3 & 4 = TC +/-, 5 = ground.

The only reason to NOT do this is to try to chain your customers to just your coils for future purchases.

Just not for me

Last edited:

jl420

I doubt that. Any back up?

I don't have a problem with High Five nor that the controllers and coils are almost definitely rebranded Chinese stuff/contract manf Chinese stuff.

The fact that they have a USA footprint for customer interactions is very much more desirable for many than shopping around DHGate or Alibaba. Auber is located in GA but I'm sure that some of their stuff is Chinese origin but I like that there is a USA company for me to deal with on RMA and tech issues.

My issue with High Five is that they do not publish their pin outs and, I believe, say that you must use their coils.

I get that they are saying don't use their coils with other controllers and not to not use their controller with other coils, but its really the same thing. They won't tell you the pin outs so I won't buy from them.

I object to any company selling temp controllers that don't use the full size, five pin, XLR with that has become the defacto pin out standard of 1 & @ = AC power, 3 & 4 = TC +/-, 5 = ground.

The only reason to NOT do this is to try to chain your customers to just your coils for future purchases.

Just not for me

I've used my High 5 coil on my Auber 200 and my Gimido and so far no problems.

Baron23

I've used my High 5 coil on my Auber 200 and my Gimido and so far no problems.
Thanks. High Five does use a full size XLR and if you have used it with an Auber, then we know the pin outs are to the defacto standard.

But that blurb on their site just gives me a caution.

Baron23,

CaliWorthington

Greeting fellow dabbers. I have the same concerns about pinout on High5 units, but the High5 LCD unit with their SIC Hybrid Nail is only $257. A Gimido e-nail with D-Nail SIC Halo would be closer to $400. So I'm probably gonna opt for the High5, unless someone talks me out of it. This will be my first e-nail purchase.

Last edited:
CaliWorthington,

E-Wax Canada

Manufacturer
Maybe I can interest you into taking a look at my setups. I am a Canadian Manufacturer and have created and designed my own series of enails for over 4 years now. I create all my enails from aircraft aluminum and bend, cut and shape to the design you can see on my website or facebook page. I use only North American Walnut wood and come with a full no hassle 3 year unlimited warranty on enail and one year replacement on coil. I have one of the best customer service setup around. You speak to me, no run arounds, no avoiding. Business landline and available after hours.
All my coils are wired to "international heating specs" as mentioned above. 1,2 live/ground 3,4 tc and 5 is earth. This is how they should be but companies think it is cool to control their market by putting consumers at risk. I have lost lots of money replacing coils for Chinese enails and do not sell them anymore to direct public without clarifying with an email or phone call first.

I have designed and carry 7 lines of Enail's. I have the largest lineup in the business. I also design and build rosin presses and LED Grow light kits.

If you would like some more info, PM me and I will give you some more info. Take a look on google and type in E-Wax and see that my name is already being used in China. China has stolen my name and also copied my wireless enail. Another fella in the US has copied my design. I am flattered, not offended lol. That is why I have 7 different enail systems.

If you have any technical questions I would be glad to help on this thread or you can start a new thread and I will add to it.

Hope this helps and I am not trying to hijack the thread!

CaliWorthington

Once I realized the High5 LCD uses the same Omron PID (as Gimido), I ordered it. I don't think they have a sapphire insert, but maybe the D-Nail one would fit, who knows? SIC is already a significant step up from ti, so I'm good with that.

It should be here in a day or two, I'll report back soon.

Bdubyaa

Once I realized the High5 LCD uses the same Omron PID (as Gimido), I ordered it. I don't think they have a sapphire insert, but maybe the D-Nail one would fit, who knows? SIC is already a significant step up from ti, so I'm good with that.

It should be here in a day or two, I'll report back soon.
did you order from https://highfivevapeshop.worldsecuresystems.com or highfivevape.com? The prices on the first are discounted for some reason and I am thinking about making an order.

Bdubyaa,

CaliWorthington

did you order from https://highfivevapeshop.worldsecuresystems.com or highfivevape.com? The prices on the first are discounted for some reason and I am thinking about making an order.
No I think it was just highfivevape.com.

So yeah, I got the e-nail system last week. I used it a bit, then it got stuck on my piece. I pried it off, but I think I'm gonna get a dedicated piece for it. I don't want to break my Kind Creations. Also this low temp vape dabbing thing is a lot different from normal dabs. I'll try it again soon when I get another glass piece or an adapter for a cheap bong or something.

CaliWorthington,
Reactions: shredder

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
For my first rig I was thinking of getting this:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-price-smart-enail-dab-kit-d-electric/388560366.html

I was going to get the 10mm quartz nail option, that's a flat coil right?

Also I wanted to get a tag sic dish:
https://www.thickassglass.com/products/tag-replacement-domeless-silicon-carbide-dish

Do I need anything else or am I good to go with this? I was also going to use or get an adapter to go between the glass and enail, people make it sound like that's a good idea. If I end up liking this stuff I'll probably drop some the money to get an enail with a sic halo from d-nail.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
No I think it was just highfivevape.com.

So yeah, I got the e-nail system last week. I used it a bit, then it got stuck on my piece. I pried it off, but I think I'm gonna get a dedicated piece for it. I don't want to break my Kind Creations. Also this low temp vape dabbing thing is a lot different from normal dabs. I'll try it again soon when I get another glass piece or an adapter for a cheap bong or something.
I picked up a fake Mothership Torus for $50 to use as my dedicated E nail piece since I did not want to use a drop down on my existing oil rig (it wouldn't have been very stable with that much weight hung off the joint.)

I also very strongly prefer female jointed pieces for oil rigs, since oil will inevitably drip down and make a mess on any male jointed piece. If your Kind Creations glass rig is solid enough to hang a drop down off (most pieces are) you can get a drop down for it. If it's got a male ftting, an adapter drop down will have a female receiver to fit on a male piece, and a female joint on the other side (I suggest 14f for greatest compatibility) to stick your e-nail in.

For my first rig I was thinking of getting this:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-price-smart-enail-dab-kit-d-electric/388560366.html

I was going to get the 10mm quartz nail option, that's a flat coil right?

Also I wanted to get a tag sic dish:
https://www.thickassglass.com/products/tag-replacement-domeless-silicon-carbide-dish

Do I need anything else or am I good to go with this? I was also going to use or get an adapter to go between the glass and enail, people make it sound like that's a good idea. If I end up liking this stuff I'll probably drop some the money to get an enail with a sic halo from d-nail.
I'm no expert on that kit but it looks to me like the titanium nail body is designed to accommodate a 20mm barrel coil. The first coil shows a quartz dish sitting on top of the barrel coil adapter portion. You could certainly check to see if I'm wrong and you can get a flat coil with it, and if so, it'd make for a great beginner kit. In the event you didn't love the TAG dish, I'd just hope you stick with it long enough to consider the D nail :)

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I picked up a fake Mothership Torus for $50 to use as my dedicated E nail piece since I did not want to use a drop down on my existing oil rig (it wouldn't have been very stable with that much weight hung off the joint.)

I also very strongly prefer female jointed pieces for oil rigs, since oil will inevitably drip down and make a mess on any male jointed piece. If your Kind Creations glass rig is solid enough to hang a drop down off (most pieces are) you can get a drop down for it. If it's got a male ftting, an adapter drop down will have a female receiver to fit on a male piece, and a female joint on the other side (I suggest 14f for greatest compatibility) to stick your e-nail in.

I'm no expert on that kit but it looks to me like the titanium nail body is designed to accommodate a 20mm barrel coil. The first coil shows a quartz dish sitting on top of the barrel coil adapter portion. You could certainly check to see if I'm wrong and you can get a flat coil with it, and if so, it'd make for a great beginner kit. In the event you didn't love the TAG dish, I'd just hope you stick with it long enough to consider the D nail :)
Am I wrong to assume the 10mm option is a flat coil?

Top Bottom