Cheap Chinese e-Nail thread

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Why not torching the SiC? Heat resistance should be no problem!?
I have torched the hell out of the TAG sic dish but I have never torched my dnail one since they make a torch specific model. It has been lightly disputed in this forum whether the dnail sic dish Halo should be torched. There have actually been breakage reports but they may have all been due to thermal shock rather thermal resistance. Thermal shock would be the drastic changes of temperature like torching the nail and then dumping it in water...that would cause thermal shock that could cause the dish to crack instantly.

Regular torching should not cause thermal shock...however I would not want to chance it on an $80 dish. Many users that don't use a torch to heat their nail do still torch clean their SiC Halos but I do not.

Likes2vape

Dnail specifically states that torching the Sic dish with a torch is OK but not the sapphire Insert. I have torched my dnail Sic dish many times with no issues. I have even had it glowing orange.

VvQNz55.png

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
Is there a knockoff base that I can put the dnail SiC Halo on?

I think I read it doesn't fit in the auber universal nail that ships with their controller

Halfqq,
Reactions: grokit

CaliWorthington

I picked up a fake Mothership Torus for $50 to use as my dedicated E nail piece since I did not want to use a drop down on my existing oil rig (it wouldn't have been very stable with that much weight hung off the joint.)

I also very strongly prefer female jointed pieces for oil rigs, since oil will inevitably drip down and make a mess on any male jointed piece. If your Kind Creations glass rig is solid enough to hang a drop down off (most pieces are) you can get a drop down for it. If it's got a male ftting, an adapter drop down will have a female receiver to fit on a male piece, and a female joint on the other side (I suggest 14f for greatest compatibility) to stick your e-nail in.
Great idea, thanks. I'm gonna order a drop down right now.

Someone asked about what temp people were using on the SIC nails. I was getting decent hits at around 690 on my High5 rig. Haven't tried a temp gun yet.

CaliWorthington,

grokit

well-worn member
I'm looking forward to the tag sic dish for one reason besides trying the sic material: Isn't it a bit smaller in diameter? Because all of my (cheap) carb caps are the exact same diameter as my quartz dishes, making placement a bit challenging as this has to be exact as well. It would be nice to be able to 'slam' the cap right down to where it sits, slightly & snugly outside of the dish itself. Also it seems slightly out of character for this thread to be using a $100+ hybrid dish/nail setup, when that pretty much doubles the initial enail expense. I understand though, just want to see what it offers for myself before spending any more.

:sherlock:

Last edited:

Likes2vape

I'm looking forward to the tag sic dish for one reason besides trying the sic material: Isn't it a bit smaller in diameter? Because all of my (cheap) carb caps are the exact same diameter as my quartz dishes, making placement a bit challenging as this has to be exact as well. It would be nice to be able to 'slam' the cap right down to where it sits, slightly & snugly outside of the dish itself. Also it seems slightly out of character for this thread to be using a $100+ hybrid dish/nail setup, when that pretty much doubles the initial enail expense. I understand though, just want to see what it offers for myself before spending any more.

The tag dish is about the same size as the quartz dishes.

grokit

well-worn member
:doh: Fine you guys talked me out of it @nosmoking @Likes2vape, saving up for dnail's sic dish now. I will either wait for a sale, or just order their sic dish and carb cap alone to use with my nail and dabber.

Is there a knockoff base that I can put the dnail SiC Halo on?
I would love to know this as well; if there's any difference in performance, or reason not to use the dnail sic dish with my cheap chinese ti hybrid nail. Dnail specs a washer/spacer that's not part of those nails, but idk how important it is in actual use--maybe it's a heat sink? The other thing I would love to know is if dnail's carb cap will take a universal (cheap chinese) dabber piece screwed into it? I have an extra dabber piece that I like quite a bit, and dnail lets you order their carb cap without their dabber piece for $15 less.

Anybody?

:hmm:

Likes2vape

:doh: Fine you guys talked me out of it @nosmoking @Likes2vape, saving up for dnail's sic dish now. I will either wait for a sale, or just order their sic dish and carb cap alone to use with my nail and dabber.

I would love to know this as well; if there's any difference in performance, or reason not to use the dnail sic dish with my cheap chinese ti hybrid nail. Dnail specs a washer/spacer that's not part of those nails, but idk how important it is in actual use--maybe it's a heat sink? The other thing I would love to know is if dnail's carb cap will take a universal (cheap chinese) dabber piece screwed into it? I have an extra dabber piece that I like quite a bit, and dnail lets you order their carb cap without their dabber piece for $15 less.

Anybody?

:hmm:
You'll love the dnail sic dish!!!:rockon: I have the dnail slim series base but no washer/spacer. Once there is a coil under the dish there was no need for the spacer. Idk why they say use need it. The dnail sic dish fits on the flower pot head and they use tag sic dish/cheap china quartz dish so I think any Chinese hybrid type nail would work.

Btw I use the tag carb cap for the dnail dish and it works great. The new Vape one would probably fit as well but the tag one has directional air flow holes

grokit

well-worn member
Isn't that spacer bolt thing important for keeping the coils right with the bottom of dish??
I stared at that spacer ring for a while and decided against it. I think it mainly provides the coil a place to rest on that nail, that's not necessary on the dhgate nails linked to above. I could be wrong, but I was also concerned that the spacer wouldn't leave enough room for the special nut to screw on. In the end I went all minimal and just got their dish and carb cap without the dabber, still not cheap but plenty exciting!

:popcorn:

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I got my thermometer with thermocouples and was able to measure the temp and I was pretty surprised. Turns out the temp gun was 100% off the whole time. I had my coil at 675 and the dish was around 610-620. It was consistent across the bottom of the dish too. I think my first go around at that temp I didn't have the top nut screwed in tight enough and my heating was inconsistent. The tag sic dish seems like it's doing pretty well.

I still get a little bit of wispy vapor after my hit at that temp though so I think there is still an issue. Since the tag sic dish is up to temp and consistently heated I don't think it's the weak link. I think it's either the crappy fit of the nail in the glass or my carb cap. I think I'm going to start with a new carb cap from tag, this one looks good for $25: https://www.thickassglass.com/produ...carb-cap-dabber-with-ball-point-22-28-5mm-dia
DSC02176_1024x1024.JPG

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
This would seem to deserve a mention here :cool:

magicflight-jackdarippa_with_orbitert.jpg

List is $179 without the orbiter.
Not officially chinese but cheap enough to be ;)
I have an orbiter and this was looking for my dnail sic $ but I held firm.
Not crazy about the name jak d'rippa but whateva :p
Seems like a flavor machine to me.

Looks nice too:science:

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
So I took apart my nail piece by piece and the air leak is through the threading of the bottom reversible m/f adapter and the top part. I had thought it was the fit with the glass, but that ended up being fine. I was going to order the tag nail, but I noticed it looks pretty similar to the one I have from dhgate.

Does anyone have the thick ass glass nail? Does air leak through the threading of the top and bottom parts?
https://www.thickassglass.com/colle...less-titanium-nail-with-removable-quartz-dish

StormyPinkness,

grokit

well-worn member
@StormyPinkness
there's no leaks in the one I'm returning, but the part where the threaded rod appears to be somehow joined to the body of the nail it looks like it could be vulnerable to a stress crack if it takes a hit. It's hard to tell though, the fins may reinforce it and it could all be machined from a single piece for all I know.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Despite the nail leaking air and carb cap not quite fitting the bigger tag sic dish I bought I'm really liking e-nails. Also much happier now that I got this drop down from tag. Before I was using an adapter to keep my glass safe and it was much higher up and I couldn't see the bottom of the dish. I was looking at buying a whole new glass piece just to get the nail lower before I saw this thing, it works perfectly. Only $4 too. I've got their nail with a 28mm quartz dish and carb cap coming Monday.

IMG_20170609_082518.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
@StormyPinkness
That's a nice rig, I like the dropdown. I justified losing $10 on shipping from returning that $30 nail/dish because I could re-order with the cap and get a discount & free shipping to make up for it if I decide that I want a backup sic setup. If I do order from them again I will be sure to grab one of those dropdowns as well. I also liked their klein incyclers but can't afford any gas right now not the kind that goes in your car.

That sic dish setup is a hell of a deal, if I wasn't trying to maintain modularity with my two chitanium hybrid nails I would have kept it for sure. My sic dish backup will have to be made out of quartz poor me lol.

:tup:

grokit

well-worn member
:smug: Modularity achieved (for the most part).

I just took the biggest and best dab of my life, from my last big glob of my favorite concentrate so far which is called blueberry klear (80.5%, solvent-free 0ppm). It was an extremely satisfactory christening.

f6lvquE.jpg

The latest family gathering, sorry for the glass but the water's clean.

50jIgUt.jpg

This was that first dab, whaddaya guys think? Do I need to turn it up or down or..?

So I'm done testing for a bit but 1st impressions. The dish arrived in record 1st-class mail time with the expected collar nut, which kind of threads onto my nail, but it doesn't matter because it's not long enough for this setup. Fortunately the collar nut that I've been using with the quartz dishes works very well with the dnail sic dish. So I wrapped their collar nut into a bit of bubble wrap to store it in the very nice, glass-lidded presentation case it shipped in. In case I ever pick up one of their nails maybe I will need this at some point. I was wondering why they used so much bubble wrap, it was for the lid of the box the dish came in lol.

Dnail thankfully upgraded this cheapskate to give me the dabbing fork I opted out of when purchasing their matching gen 2 universal carb cap, as my plan had a flaw that I was half-expecting: the threading is different that it is with the chitanium dabber/nail combos so I couldn't use my favored scimitar shatter sword dabber. Well I could have forced it. I'm sure I will grow to love the fork dabber though, and I'm grateful for its inclusion. The dnail folks seem pretty cool with their sub-$3 shipping option as well (small items).

The carb cap itself is obviously a perfect match for the sic dish, but the other kinda flaw in my master dabbing plan is that the chinese quartz dishes are just a bit smaller, so the dnail cap really isn't totally universal, as it's just as awkward to use with those dishes as the cheap chitanium caps are. But those quartz dishes are now backups, so I'm not very worried about it. I like the bigger size, maybe they are trying to get me to consider one of their quartz or even sapphire dishes. If so good job dnail because I am.

Another option would be to gamble on tag's universal carb cap being a better fit for my cheap hybrid quartz dishes, if I want to continue to use them. I still have a few new ones left and a couple that need cleaning. From the look of things the tag dish might be the same diameter as the chinese quartz ones, so maybe.

Further testing will be with my last packet of shatter, rick's og (83%, 1.3ppm), which isn't as strong as some others around these parts but the residuals are better than the noticeably stronger one I tried, og kush (88%, 78ppm). I liked the knockout blow it delivered, but won't be using anything that nasty again I didn't like it. It was made by the same lab that produced the much cleaner ricks og and a tasty similar one called eskimo bubblegum, but it was sold by a different dispensary that I probably won't seek out again.

:science:

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
:smug: Modularity achieved (for the most part).

I just took the biggest and best dab of my life, from my last big glob of my favorite concentrate so far which is called blueberry klear (80.5%, solvent-free 0ppm). It was an extremely satisfactory christening.

f6lvquE.jpg

The latest family gathering, sorry for the glass but the water's clean.

50jIgUt.jpg

This was that first dab, whaddaya guys think? Do I need to turn it up or down or..?

So I'm done testing for a bit but 1st impressions. The dish arrived in record 1st-class mail time with the expected collar nut, which kind of threads onto my nail, but it doesn't matter because it's not long enough for this setup. But using the collar nut that I've been using with the quartz dishes works very well with the dnail sic dish. So I wrapped their collar nut into a bit of bubble wrap to store it in the very nice, glass-lidded presentation case it shipped in. In case I ever pick up one of their nails maybe I will need this at some point. I was wondering why they used so much bubble wrap it was for the lid of the box the nail came in lol.

Dnail thankfully upgraded this cheapskate to give me the dabbing fork I opted out of when purchasing their matching gen 2 universal carb cap, as my plan had a flaw that I was half-expecting: the threading is different that it is with the chitanium dabber/nail combos so I couldn't use my favored scimitar shatter sword dabber. Well I could have forced it. I'm sure I will grow to love the fork dabber though, and I'm grateful for its inclusion. The dnail folks seem pretty cool with their sub-$3 shipping option as well (small items).

The carb cap itself is obviously a perfect match for the sic dish, but the other kinda flaw in my master dabbing plan is that the chinese quartz dishes are just a bit smaller, so the dnail cap really isn't totally universal, as it's just as awkward to use with those dishes as the cheap chitanium caps are. But as those quartz dishes are now backups I'm not very worried about it. I like the bigger size, maybe they are trying to get me to consider one of their quartz or even sapphire dishes. If so good job dnail because I am.

Another option would be to gamble on tag's universal carb cap being a better fit for my cheap hybrid quartz dishes, if I want to continue to use them. I still have a few new ones left and a couple that need cleaning. From the look of things the tag dish might be the same diameter as the chinese quartz ones, so maybe.

Further testing will be with my last packet of shatter, rick's og (83%, 1.3ppm), which isn't as strong as some others around these parts but the residuals are better than the noticeably stronger one I tried, og kush (88%, 78ppm). I liked the knockout blow it delivered but won't be using anything that nasty again I could taste it. It was made by the same lab that produced the much cleaner ricks og and a tasty similar one called eskimo bubblegum, but it was sold by a different dispensary that I probably won't seek out again.

:science:
Ha ha, I usually start posts with pics of my glass in them with "ignore the dirty glass". Also got a laugh out of chitanium.

Oh, the quartz dish that came with my dhgate unit is smaller than my tag sic dish, but yours might be a different size. The carb cap that came with it won't fit the tag sic dish either. At least it won't fit over it, they're about the same size so you can kind of press their edges together to get a seal. It's really annoying to try and do during a dab though and sometimes I can't quite get it.

I have to admit the sizing/openness on your sic dish looks much nicer to use. Same with the height of it overall, just looks easier to get a dab in there. I'm always thinking about just saying screw it and getting the d-nail sic dish, nail, and saphire insert. I'm really liking messing around with e-nails so far, I'm excited to go home and mess around with it some more after reading and posting about it all day.

Have a good weekend testing.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Oh what a difference a carb cap makes. The tag one fits their sic dish like a glove and the vapor builds up and clears much quicker in my glass now. I don't have to take super long slow inhales to try (and fail) to get it all. The nut on their nail is actually a little smaller in places than the one that came with my chinese nail.

The only cons so far is the carb cap is for stuff sized 28.5mm and my sic dish is 25mm and it can be a little weird to line it up in the middle to get it to fit snug. When it fits though you can feel it in the draw and it works really well. Also the tag nail didn't fit the coil that came with the chinese enail, the coil was a little small I had to kind of force it on there which I wasn't thrilled with.

I also got a 28mm quartz dish to try, if I really like the size increase maybe it'll convince me to get a bigger dnail sic dish. I think those are 28mm, definitely nicer than the tag ones at least.

IMG_20170614_082200.jpg

IMG_20170614_082134.jpg

IMG_20170614_082214.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
Has anyone used a G9 Greenlight enail system ?
I see them here for a good deal and wondered if anyone had any experience with one.
Says 5 foot cord and it seems nice.
Any reviews on it ?

I was noticing some greenlight-labeled systems on dhgate recently, you have to order at least 5 which means to me that they want a lot of minor 'distributors'. Not a bad thing and makes me curious.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
I was noticing some greenlight-labeled systems on dhgate recently, you have to order at least 5 which means to me that they want a lot of minor 'distributors'. Not a bad thing and makes me curious.

eh .. the one I linked allows you to buy just one for about 100 bucks. Says '100% original" but don't know what they necessarily think they mean or if its valid. However check my link and you'll see you can buy just one.

grokit

well-worn member
eh .. the one I linked allows you to buy just one for about 100 bucks. Says '100% original" but don't know what they necessarily think they mean or if its valid. However check my link and you'll see you can buy just one.
I couldn't open your link but I entered the search terms and I'd give the second one a try as he's sold more plus it's cheaper. I just received one today that I ordered as a backup, it's working great so far. I wanted the case and was hoping for the exact coil pictured which I didn't get too bad it would've matched my old one. Here is the one I just purchased, it doesn't say green light but the case is nice and it's even cheaper.

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja

The link I provided sells one unit if one likes. For about 100 bucks. Says 100% authentic but not sure.

(Mods: tried to post this before, erase if it's a double-post)

...would really like to hear from anyone who has experience or opinion on the G9 Greenlight Enail system.

Cheers !

Top Bottom