CCA Liger banger V3.0

Gn0sis

having tried both the coojo caps and the modified chad bro terp trunk, i'd say the coojo with the small hole are a close 2nd as far as the best cap for the liger 30mm. they are well made, inexpensive, and the perfect size to provide a good seal.

there were several drawbacks to the coojo cap that make me consider the chad bro overall better...

with the coojo (had 2 of his caps), i found it WAY easier to splash oil over the insert wall if i aimed the airflow at too much of an angle. secondly, the cap requires much more frequent cleaning, as in, pretty much after every dab. When you take your first dab with a clean coojo cap and move it around to get the airflow everywhere over the dish, you get vapor residue all over the "bubble" part of the cap, so next time you dab, if you don't clean it, you're gonna have that residue touching against the titanium walls of the bucket when moving the bubble around again. Thirdly, as good as the seal on that coojo bubble is, it's still not a full 100% seal like the chad bro, especially while you're moving the cap around during a dab.

if you can learn to stir the oil around without splashing over the walls and dont mind very frequent cleaning, the coojo is definitely a solid choice. but, if you're willing to be patient for a while and maybe poke the glass blower a few times in his direct messages, the chad bro terp trunk gives a better seal, is easier maintenance, and overall more convenient to use.

Last edited:

JigMelon

Thanks for all the rec's! I've been talking with him today and I just placed an order! He's making me one inside out with UV purple pinstriped with the white, tight airflow, and a slightly longer nip. So excited!

Edit: @Gn0sis Thanks for the feedback man! I'll keep that in mind when trying Coojo's. With the price he offered me, I'm definitely still willing to get a cap from Chad if this isn't perfect for me.

JigMelon,
Reactions: Gn0sis
The Coojo cap looks a lot like my @VaPeD&CoNfUsEd cap which he made me and I really like. It’s posted back on here somewhere.

I’m late on this, but the nipple should be ground down if you have a Dremel. I did it the laziest way possible; while hot, dumped out insert onto a tile, got to work. Took less than 5 minutes start to finish. Obvious improvement. I thought it couldn’t make a big difference. It does.

scalescliffs,

JigMelon

@scalescliffs What do you mean by ground down? Do you mean so that it's flush with the curve, like the hurricane cap? Only asking since I requested he make mine with a longer nip.

JigMelon,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I bought a cap from joda and it wasn't the one I wanted. He didn't send me a mushroom cap but a regular banger cap. I won't be buying from joda again.

Coojo was great. Sent pics of the hole, gave me options and shipped fast. My coojo seals 100%. Even when moving in circles while dabbing. If I put my finger over the hole,which I have done by accident, you can't breath.

The chadbro cap is useless to me on the liger. Even if the hole wasnt angled to hit the walls, I still don't see it being that great. It just feels weak. That's just my opinion on this cap for the liger.

Anon3200

I've been using the hurricane 3.1 with the 30mm liger for the last few days. It actually works really well as long as you have your Vapor tube adjusted so it doesn't protrude into the bowl. The seal is tight, the height seems optimal, and it gives good air control.

How to adjust the 30mm liger 3.0 for Hurricane 3.1 use:
  • Take apart liger
  • Attach the angle adapter to the side of the vapor tube opposite the tightening nut, tighten nice and tight
  • Attach your male or female adapter
  • Attach vapor bucket and screw as far as you can with it protruding
  • Unscrew until parallel with male or female adapter
  • Unscrew another 20 degress and tighten nut
  • Tighten until parallel (this should be tight but not super crazy tight)
  • Adjust as needed until parallel or tight

Anon3200

I'm glad thatthat Dremel idea solved the issue with your nipped liger.

I would still ask Josh for some kind of compensation in a month or two after things settle down for him.

Anon3200,

Anon3200

It seems like there might be a little less carb cap condensation on the titanium hurricane 3.1 vs the dhgate 50mm glass bubble cap. This might be because of the higher heat transfer rate of titaniu; a hot cap will have less condensation than a cold one.

Anon3200,
Reactions: Hogni

Monsoon

I messaged CCA710 a week ago about the Liger Air, here's their response:

Cg3V2oG.png

In preordering the Liger Air, I’ve developed a much stronger sense of zen in my life. It’ll come when it comes. I sort of like that I have no idea because I have no expectations other than I’ll probably get one eventually.

Neat to know that may be in a few weeks.

I think he had the prototype on his Instagram story earlier in the week.

scalescliffs,

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Sad day here. Tipped my rig and cracked the sapphire. Let's see how long CCA takes to deliver my new one. Glad a friend let me borrow his to use in the meantime....

Dislike.

What happened? did it just slide out and off the table?

Definitely a bummer

ensabbahnur,

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Sad day here. Tipped my rig and cracked the sapphire. Let's see how long CCA takes to deliver my new one. Glad a friend let me borrow his to use in the meantime....

This is where CCA shines in customer service as this process typically takes less than two weeks to get your replacement in your hand. I actually broke my sapphire last week when i pulled out my 30mm liger for the first time. Out of no where. just finished a dab and forgot to whip with a qtip and when i went back like mins later, i saw the crack. a big ass one down the center.

I got my replacement in 10 days from starting my ticket. Just wish buying from them was just as fast.

Gn0sis

Dislike.

What happened? did it just slide out and off the table?

Definitely a bummer

when i tipped the rig, water went up the liger vapor path and came out unto the sapphire. i watched the cracks form in front of my eyes as the water violently boiled off lol.

This is where CCA shines in customer service as this process typically takes less than two weeks to get your replacement in your hand. I actually broke my sapphire last week when i pulled out my 30mm liger for the first time. Out of no where. just finished a dab and forgot to whip with a qtip and when i went back like mins later, i saw the crack. a big ass one down the center.

I got my replacement in 10 days from starting my ticket. Just wish buying from them was just as fast.

They gave you a replacement with no hassle? Would I really quality?

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
when i tipped the rig, water went up the liger vapor path and came out unto the sapphire. i watched the cracks form in front of my eyes as the water violently boiled off lol.

They gave you a replacement with no hassle? Would I really quality?

Zach told me I was within my warranty time he said as its only been 2 months since i last bought a sapphire so he sent one out the day he replied. You have a 3 month warranty. It took them 4 days to reply to my ticket tho. When i sent them an email about it, I included a couple of pictures of the huge crack. Very smooth and quick once they replied.

Shooby,

Gn0sis

Zach told me I was within my warranty time he said as its only been 2 months since i last bought a sapphire so he sent one out the day he replied. You have a 3 month warranty. It took them 4 days to reply to my ticket tho. When i sent them an email about it, I included a couple of pictures of the huge crack. Very smooth and quick once they replied.

yeah, that makes sense. i've had mine for 1.5 years tho.

Gn0sis,

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
yeah, that makes sense. i've had mine for 1.5 years tho.
I have three sapphire inserts, two of which sport large cracks running across the base of the insert.
I have also watched (and heard) a crack expand across one, not pleasant.
Anyway I've been using them without any issue for quite some time.
I'm keeping the pristine one locked away.

PS Overall I've found the sapphire inserts to be quite robust, the two that cracked had many miles on them and were compromised by:1) a run away heater & 2) placing an incompletely dried insert into a cold bucket and then heating the insert to dabbing temp.

:peace:

Last edited:
alittledabwilldoya',
Reactions: Gn0sis

stayoutoftheway

So here's the latest I have from CCA710:
oIkYUYa.jpg

Who thinks they will keep to their deadline? I have relatively low hopes, but I'll wish for the best. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Baron23

Wow, away for a bit and boy oh boy did the discussion go in a bunch of directions.

I'm still rocking a 20 mm V2 with Obsidian and have not found any reason to upgrade to flat coil type banger or larger device. I do also have a D-nail SiC Halo that I like a lot, but like my Liger better.

As for the product vs company...wow, have we been down that road a number of times in this thread. All I can say is that I hope Josh can get his act together re: customer service as I do love my V2 20mm and would like to see him stay in business.

Now, this is just me....but I do think Ti impacts the taste significantly when used as the dab surface itself. I have never dabbed from my New Vape FP Sh as I only use it for flower but I have used Ti cups in Source Orb atomizers and just find the taste sucks. I am VERY happy with the obsidian as it seems pretty neutral on taste and is incredibly easy to keep clean.

I'm not worried about Ti in the air path other than as the dab surface. Its not above my worry bar.

Re: carb caps...we all have favorites, I have a number of caps incl Chad Bros but for the V2 20 mm I have found that I like this the best:

https://shop.madhustleinc.com/products/bubble-cap-clear-xl?variant=33826769169

Take care guys...time to go down, fix a scotch, hit a dab, and watch the NBA game. Cheers

Top Bottom