CCA Liger banger V3.0

humpi

Ya the older version of the Terp Trunk I had was better. Maybe it was a one off, but I got good milky hits on the old carb cap. The directional tip was angled towards the dish and it moved the oil pretty well.

Will pull the trigger on the riptide. Thanks for all your help

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Maybe Chadbro or Gordo are interested to develope a cc which is optimzed for the Ligers?
Any connections? It doesn't hurt to ask.

Hogni,

Danksta

cubbies256

gordoscientific.net

I'd stick with supporting the artist himself. The way these stores relabel shit is maddening. He will get more money too. Cut the 3rd party out.
Appreciate the info and will spend the money directly with him for sure. Maybe by the time I receive my sic which is going close to a month they will be back in stock.

cubbies256,
Reactions: Danksta

Danksta

Appreciate the info and will spend the money directly with him for sure. Maybe by the time I receive my sic which is going close to a month they will be back in stock.

I'd get added to the email list too. I did that last week for the bubble caps and days later they appear. I've told him Liger owners are using his gear, so hopefully he plans to keep up with demand. It's honestly my fav cap atm.

@crystalstarquartz has some new three hole caps that look really good for the 20mm.

Danksta,

Gn0sis

Maybe Chadbro or Gordo are interested to develope a cc which is optimzed for the Ligers?
Any connections? It doesn't hurt to ask.

i've had some frustrating experiences with Chad Bro recently... He even started ignoring my DMs on instagram for a week, so I had to file a claim with Paypal and he replied within 10 minutes.

I got about 7 - 8 caps total from this guy just trying to find a 2nd cap that worked as well as the very 1st one i got from him.... NONE of them came close... all of them either dont provide a good seal, or the directional spout points at the liger wall instead of the insert.... i think im just gonna go to a local glass blower and have him cut a piece of the spout off so it points lower.

Chad Bro adamantly claims in many of his instagram posts that his carb caps are meant for "all style bangers, troughs, grails, thermals and lots more"

but when i told him about my issues with using his carb caps for the Liger,

his response was "these caps are not meant for the liger banger because liger is an enail" despite his many claims that his caps fit ALL STYLE bangers

I literally had a hard time explaining to this guy that what he is doing is false advertising and that a 30mm rim diameter is the same whether it's on a quartz nail or a titanium one...

If you're still considering getting one of his Terp Trunks for your liger, I advise against it as you'd be rolling the dice with the odds stacked against you because he doesnt do custom orders nor cares that his caps cant be used with "ALL STYLE" bangers as he falsely tries to claim

Last edited:

humpi

I got about 7 - 8 caps total from this guy just trying to find a 2nd cap that worked as well as the very 1st one i got from him.... NONE of them came close... all of them either dont provide a good seal, or the directional spout points at the liger wall instead of the insert.... i think im just gonna go to a local glass blower and have him cut a piece of the spout off so it points lower.

I knew I wasn't crazy. The first versions were so much better than the new ones. Kind of annoyed I broke the first one.

The new ones even make my dish rattle, because the nipple is pointed right at the wall

humpi,

Gn0sis

I knew I wasn't crazy. The first versions were so much better than the new ones. Kind of annoyed I broke the first one.

The new ones even make my dish rattle, because the nipple is pointed right at the wall

yep, i got the one good one and i cherish it like gold, cuz it's the only good carb cap i have... storm cell is just so much worse. really dont wanna go back to that... i have a custom bubble cap on the way and also waiting for a couple of riptides... gave up all hope with ChadBro.

Gn0sis,
Reactions: Danksta

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
For the expirienced users:

How would look the perfect glass carb cap IYO?

Hogni,

antiburn

The Riptide Caps and Riptide Bubble Caps are back in stock on his site today. I have a cap on the way, crossing my fingers it plays well with my 30mm.

I got lucky that my Terp Trunks from mid-Feb are excellent quality (great seal, large disk, angled just under 45°, tight hole). But from what I've seen on his IG, the angle can be anywhere from ~45-90° and the hole is often very large, especially on the colored pieces he auctions.

lazylightning

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
I've been using a Vapor Brothers VB2 and VB2.5 as my enail for the last year and a half. 30 seconds from on to dabbing is great and the inline bubbler is very efficient, but low temps aren't possible and I can't easily use it with any of my other glass.

While on a search for the best low-temp enail, I learned of the Liger and have spent the last couple weeks catching up on the last 70 pages of this thread. On Monday I finally placed an order for a 20mm Liger with SiC insert and Storm cap. I also ordered an Auber RDK-300A and coil. Tonight I finished up the thread and luckily the Riptide caps were just restocked so I grabbed one of those too.

I want to thank everyone who has shared their experience and knowledge. I can't imagine having much success with a Liger were it not for the indispensable tips and tricks I've found here. It sounds like I found the thread at a good time and that wait times, customer service, and quality control have all improved a lot. I'm really looking forward to experiencing the Liger for myself within a few weeks.

Danksta

I've been using a Vapor Brothers VB2 and VB2.5 as my enail for the last year and a half. 30 seconds from on to dabbing is great and the inline bubbler is very efficient, but low temps aren't possible and I can't easily use it with any of my other glass.

While on a search for the best low-temp enail, I learned of the Liger and have spent the last couple weeks catching up on the last 70 pages of this thread. On Monday I finally placed an order for a 20mm Liger with SiC insert and Storm cap. I also ordered an Auber RDK-300A and coil. Tonight I finished up the thread and luckily the Riptide caps were just restocked so I grabbed one of those too.

I want to thank everyone who has shared their experience and knowledge. I can't imagine having much success with a Liger were it not for the indispensable tips and tricks I've found here. It sounds like I found the thread at a good time and that wait times, customer service, and quality control have all improved a lot. I'm really looking forward to experiencing the Liger for myself within a few weeks.

Dude...get ready for a great experience! You got all the tools you need ordered to truly enjoy that system. Excited to hear your feedback. :rockon:

Caelar900

Alright this thread has been pretty positive for a while and I hate to bring it back to this place but I just want to say this once and make my peace.

Josh has been completely MIA for me for over a month. The day he created the new support ticket system he messaged me a couple times saying he was going to make my situation right as I had some defective pieces and needed a partial refund as I never received a quartz insert that I no longer needed. Well that was on April 15th. I have messaged him numerous times both on my support ticket and directly via email but nothing. I was talking to Bonsai about a week ago and he was going to try to help, but it doesn't look like he has even logged on in about a week.

As I said, I know this has been brought up before, and I know there are some who have had it worse and are still having it worse than I am, but this is a serious problem that I think needs to not be forgotten. Josh needs some help, he obviously can't do this on his own. @CCA710 @mrbonsai420

toros23

Alright this thread has been pretty positive for a while and I hate to bring it back to this place but I just want to say this once and make my peace.

Josh has been completely MIA for me for over a month. The day he created the new support ticket system he messaged me a couple times saying he was going to make my situation right as I had some defective pieces and needed a partial refund as I never received a quartz insert that I no longer needed. Well that was on April 15th. I have messaged him numerous times both on my support ticket and directly via email but nothing. I was talking to Bonsai about a week ago and he was going to try to help, but it doesn't look like he has even logged on in about a week.

As I said, I know this has been brought up before, and I know there are some who have had it worse and are still having it worse than I am, but this is a serious problem that I think needs to not be forgotten. Josh needs some help, he obviously can't do this on his own. @CCA710 @mrbonsai420

Yeah, I am in same boat unfortunately. I have tried DM's via IG, messages here and emails.. Can't reach anyone over there for weeks... I placed two more orders (one a gift) after coming here and telling everyone things appear to be on track with shipping times.. It's fine and I am okay waiting, I just feel like an idiot after so many recommendations to friends and after telling people here that things seem to be getting better.

Caelar900

Yeah, I am in same boat unfortunately. I have tried DM's via IG, messages here and emails.. Can't reach anyone over there for weeks... I placed two more orders (one a gift) after coming here and telling everyone things appear to be on track with shipping times.. It's fine and I am okay waiting, I just feel like an idiot after so many recommendations to friends and after telling people here that things seem to be getting better.

Have tried most of the same. I just want this all over and done with honestly... And I don't recommend the liger to people, everyone loves the thing but I would want anyone to go through the hassle of actually trying to get one.

this_multiverse

+1. Not a peep been weeks.

this_multiverse,

Gn0sis

I asked Gordo to make me a couple custom sized riptides to fit the 30mm liger, cuz on average the riptides are 33mm to 35mm according to what he told me...

have 4 riptides on the way total now... 2 from Gordo, 2 from headshop.

I might have 1 or 2 brand new extra riptides for sale as well, since the ones I ordered from a headshop are a gamble on whether they will fit my 30mm liger or not. anyone with a 20mm interested in a riptide, be on the look out for a good deal on a brand new one within the next week.

ligerliger

My support ticket, which was originally responded to very quickly, has now been unanswered for weeks and I am also considering a charge back :(

ligerliger,
Reactions: Caelar900

Gn0sis

Asked paypal for a refund, do not recommend this company due to terrible business practices.

My support ticket, which was originally responded to very quickly, has now been unanswered for weeks and I am also considering a charge back :(

good. that means more ligers for people with patience and understanding that they are buying a very high-demand, LUXURY item made in small batches by a tiny company.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
good. that means more ligers for people with patience and understanding that they are buying a very high-demand, LUXURY item made in small batches by a tiny company.

How is that an excuse for bad customer service though? And if it's such a luxury item he should be making enough money to at least pay some stoner kid $8 an hour to do dabs and answer emails since CCA clearly cannot handle it?

Top Bottom